• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:42 AM

in all fairness i think the beginning of the end was mop.

i always say that the term "mop hero" was not invented by chance. cataclysm saw some subs drop, but there was still the feeling of "community" and reputation on realms or battlegroups. there was drama amongst pvpers. it was actually possible to outplay the enemy and do something about it.  yes you had triple dps, or RLS with rogue having legendaries and warlock with firelands staff and cunning trinket from dragon soul. more shit ensued as well. nothing was ever balanced, it was just more fun (maybe slightly worse than wotlk?). 

i'll give you few examples: 

1 - in Cataclysm instant roots did not exist. when a boomkin had to roots+beam me, he needed to bait my hand of freedom, or press solar beam quickly enough before i maybe instantly cleansed myself after the roots landed on my character.   Now you have instant roots and instant solar beam.  skill, hello? my skill and the boomkin's are irrelevant now.

2 - Cleanse cooldown. IT KILLED THE GAME. could i cleanse myself if roots weren't instant? NO CAUSE THEN I CANNOT CLEANSE THE POLYMORPH or whatever else.  cleansing added a huge depth to a healer's skill.  in MoP it got to the point where you couldn't cleanse polymorphs but had to save it for the frost bomb because that was what took 60% of your hp. cool i guess, that's not scripted right?

3 - in Season 12, which was MoP season 1, I literally remember shadowpriest - warrior - resto shamans popping out of nowhere. people who literally had challenger and maybe rival accross wotlk and cataclysm. I faced this team with my multi glad Cataclysm team mates and even if we won, there was nothing to do: they could have been shit, but CHARGE STUN + SHADOW PRIEST SILENCE on the healer = guaranteed kill / trinket / bubble or whatever. just NO CHANCE OF OUTPLAYING THEM WITHOUT MAJOR CDS!

in Cataclysm you could still outheal a full enemy's cds by playing better.  lately, if I don't use wings as soon as a feral druid uses incarnation, as in, if i'm a fool and try to outplay him for 10 seconds, he'll still force me to use them sooner or later. this means there will eventually be a point where he uses incarnation again and my wings aren't ready yet because i've used them too late when he FIRST used incarnation. 

it's funny how we spend time typing here for absolutely no reason, but it just feels like the solution is at hand all the time but they're too stupid to actually apply it. increase overall healing and overall dps for everyone. make wings or dps cds increase throughput by MAX 10/20%. Game is almost fixed.

edit: damn AJ not showing full helmets :S 

Im pretty sure everything you describe happened in cata and not mop. sp war shaman was like s9s bane. I can't recall that happening in mop

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#22 justicecute

justicecute
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 0/0/./0/0/1/2
  • 5v5: 288

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:50 AM

Welp it seems i will keep playing on ascension wow... BfA is doing nothing to give me any kind of hope towards new expansion.

i sold my account zeynaa isnt mine anymore

#23 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:12 AM

in Cataclysm you could still outheal a full enemy's cds by playing better

Technically as hpal in Cata, playing better was more about "having good proc in the right situation".
X% chance of having a free holy shock.
X% chance of having a crit on holy shock.
X% chance of having a free WoG after using one.

And with all of that, you could save your dispellable wings indeed if you were better.

Basically it's dispelling the nova on your warrior instantly and having a sacred cleasing proc instead of spending 3 gcd to have the right thing while some other debuff are added in the same time.

I miss some of spells from older xpac, like hand of purity, denounce for example.
What i miss the most is customization.
I loved being able to change stats and stuff, glyphs etc...
Talents have always been meh for me. You changed max 1 or 2 points compared to others.
Posted Image

#24 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • 3v3: 1420

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:05 PM

???

I guess you never played against a Rogue with both warglaives if you think they weren't broken. The reason it didn't seem as broken to you was because not every single Rogue and Hunter ran around with the legendaries, maybe only a couple existed among your entire battlegroup. In Wotlk every Warrior, DK and Ret ran around with Shadowmourne but I wouldn't say it was more broken.

I agree with this, in my mental classification I too see Cata as the beginning of the end, where from Vanilla to Wotlk it all was upwards (with some up and downs mind you), it was only downhill from Cata. However if you ignore the past and look at Cata objectively, it wasn't that bad of an expansion (although I stopped playing the game for the first time at the start of S11). Unlike MoP, WoD and Legion which were honestly unplayable.

I have.  And I didnt say glaives werent broken i said they werent as broken.  As in, yes it gave the rogue an edge but it didnt let me instantly climb to glad because they got them.  It just gave them more haste and hit a little bit harder it really wasnt THAT glaring of an issue.

Whereas shadowmourne literally gave anyone with them gladiator.  On my server there were 4 or 5 people who got shadowmourne that i can remember and every single one of them went from 1400-1700 to gladiator in one season.  Some ran 5s with double mourne some ran double healer with mourne dk.  It was fucking atrocious.  Double glaives never did that or even came close to that lets be honest here

#25 Insyliax

Insyliax
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 576
  • 3v3: 2571

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:30 AM

WoD was great Kappa. I feel like the game in general is more simplified. Hopefully next expansion will give us opportunities to outplay other people because that doens't happen very often now, game feels too scripted. I heard they're bringing back buffs and other old abilities, we'll just have to wait and see what bfa brings us.

Edited by Insyliax, 15 January 2018 - 04:03 PM.

#26 waniqutie

waniqutie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1564
  • 3v3: 2489
  • RBG: 767

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:12 PM

This game gave me depression, quit it while you can.

Edited by waniqutie, 15 January 2018 - 10:51 PM.

#27 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 3v3: 1865

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:12 PM

Doesnt even matter what season it is or expansion, they were all trash its just about who you play with and how much you care about the game. 

As you get older you start caring less and less about the game since you have other priorities in life. 

Personally every game gets pretty boring for me after i reached my "goal" 

After i got challenger in league for the first time i was disgusted with the game couldnt even be bothered to que it for months even tho before that point i couldve qued 8 hours a day every day without a problem. 

Edited by Refren, 17 January 2018 - 06:13 PM.

#28 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:16 AM

Doesnt even matter what season it is or expansion, they were all trash its just about who you play with and how much you care about the game. 

As you get older you start caring less and less about the game since you have other priorities in life. 

Personally every game gets pretty boring for me after i reached my "goal" 

After i got challenger in league for the first time i was disgusted with the game couldnt even be bothered to que it for months even tho before that point i couldve qued 8 hours a day every day without a problem. 

All this is absolutely true from the first to the last word.

If you get bored you should try street fighter or dota - I've found that I never lose excitement for these games and even when I do it comes back.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#29 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1851
  • 3v3: 2707
  • RBG: 1884

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:03 PM

Technically as hpal in Cata, playing better was more about "having good proc in the right situation".
X% chance of having a free holy shock.
X% chance of having a crit on holy shock.
X% chance of having a free WoG after using one.

And with all of that, you could save your dispellable wings indeed if you were better.

Basically it's dispelling the nova on your warrior instantly and having a sacred cleasing proc instead of spending 3 gcd to have the right thing while some other debuff are added in the same time.

I miss some of spells from older xpac, like hand of purity, denounce for example.
What i miss the most is customization.
I loved being able to change stats and stuff, glyphs etc...
Talents have always been meh for me. You changed max 1 or 2 points compared to others.

I really don't understand your constant rant about hpalas in cata, they were t1 the whole fking xpac and were beyond godlike on ATR

#30 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:23 PM

I really don't understand your constant rant about hpalas in cata, they were t1 the whole fking xpac and were beyond godlike on ATR

Did i say they were bad?

I just said they were RNG. (30% chance for having a free WoG back to back, 20% chance of having a free holy shock, regular crit chance.)

You could heal your team without any casts on the perfect situations, or have this lucky row of proc/crit at the beginning of the arena.

A difference too hard to understand for you i suppose.

Edited by Jim_Jim, 18 January 2018 - 06:25 PM.

Posted Image

#31 justicecute

justicecute
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 0/0/./0/0/1/2
  • 5v5: 288

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

Btw is anyone else playing on ascension wows sargeras? 

i sold my account zeynaa isnt mine anymore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<