Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:29. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Never thought i would miss wod gameplay

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 justicecute

justicecute
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 0/0/./0/0/1/2
  • 5v5: 288

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:22 AM

I randomly watched some retarded pvp montage i made in wod and all i could think was how beautiful and fun it looked compared to legion pvp. Jesus fucking christ what has my class become in legion? I dont nearly have as much fun as i did in that video neither can i actually outplay anyone in any kind.  

It just fucking depressed me when i thought of legion ret and legion gameplay in general. Everyone is spewing around some graphics, 27 different things on the ground etc i just realised i dont understand the game anymore. I cant tell what is going on in legion. Idk how to describe it in the best way, but it feels like wod was the last time wow pvp was actually wow pvp no matter how shit boring 3v3 was etc. Game still felt target based. People sit hoj if they dont have trinket. Nowadays if i stun someone they start glowing and tadaa they now arent cced! 

Idk im just posting link here (skip to 0:50)

Edited by justicecute, 10 January 2018 - 08:28 AM.

i sold my account zeynaa isnt mine anymore

#2 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

jesus christ

#3 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • 3v3: 1420

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:53 PM

Who the fuck would possibly miss that steaming pile of a game. I much prefer legion even though pvp has really died down because of it.

#4 Zero82599

Zero82599
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

I miss WoD too, it was so antisocial so I didn't have to listen to people with high ignorance levels talk.  Those were the days. (not firing shots, just saying it as a generalization, this xpac gives me more stress than any other xpac simply due to the people i've encountered)

Edited by Ujinpark88, 10 January 2018 - 08:46 PM.

This happened in an RBG 3 days after I logged onto legion again after topping dmg charts as an affl:

65b4d09e9e118aff7e52a6f7f1850941.pnga4a7cc7b53317460fd9dd5730c137193.png

#5 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1963
  • RBG: 192

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:29 PM

we get it , you got your first glad in wod.

#6 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • 3v3: 1865

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:49 PM

I miss WoD too, it was so antisocial so I didn't have to listen to people with high ignorance levels talk.  Those were the days. (not firing shots, just saying it as a generalization, this xpac gives me more stress than any other xpac simply due to the people i've encountered)

how can you be stressed when you can just buy titles and chill? hehe xd

also how do you stress over a video game? 

Edited by Refren, 10 January 2018 - 10:50 PM.

#7 Zero82599

Zero82599
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:55 PM

how can you be stressed when you can just buy titles and chill? hehe xd

also how do you stress over a video game? 

It's not really the video game I stress over, it's interactions with other people.  It makes me lose faith in humanity with how many IQ points i've dropped since legion.  It could just be my bad luck, but I haven't had the same experience with any other xpac. 

This happened in an RBG 3 days after I logged onto legion again after topping dmg charts as an affl:

#8 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • 3v3: 1865

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:11 PM

It's not really the video game I stress over, it's interactions with other people.  It makes me lose faith in humanity with how many IQ points i've dropped since legion.  It could just be my bad luck, but I haven't had the same experience with any other xpac. 

im assuming a well established player like yourself with r1 titles from 5+ years ago would have plenty of partners by now no?

Edited by Refren, 10 January 2018 - 11:13 PM.

#9 Zero82599

Zero82599
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:27 PM

im assuming a well established player like yourself with r1 titles from 5+ years ago would have plenty of partners by now no?

The last sliver of my friends quit after WoD, not to imply that I miss WoD simply due to them though.  I could find new partners, but people don't like to comply with a different method of play style(for example an analytical approach in game play rather than a let's just hit things) and they react rather mercurially to it in Legion.  This is why I did legion s1 and s2 with regular rather than pushing r1, it just tired me out going through countless people with the same results except for a small few whom had to unfortunately quit due to their job circumstances. 

Edited by Ujinpark88, 10 January 2018 - 11:27 PM.

#10 justicecute

justicecute
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:29 AM

we get it , you got your first glad in wod.

I didnt, i was a basic r1 duelist in wod. My first glad was legion season 1 and my hero was like legion season 3. I achieved more in legion when i played it but i didnt enjoy any part of it. Legion just doesnt feel like wow pvp anymore to me. Maybe its because i pretty much only ever played ret but i have the same feeling facing any other class. Dunno how to explain what i have in my mind exactly.

#11 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:06 PM

Who the fuck would possibly miss that steaming pile of a game. I much prefer legion even though pvp has really died down because of it.

wod class design was better, wod raids were better, wod pvp was better (but still trash)

legion has mythic+, what else is there to enjoy about this expansion over wod? :)

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#12 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:34 AM

wod class design was better, wod raids were better, wod pvp was better (but still trash)

legion has mythic+, what else is there to enjoy about this expansion over wod? :)

Well I personally don’t like either of them at all so answering your question wouldn’t mean much anyway because either way I answer it will make it sound like either expansion has upsides (talking strictly pvp I haven’t pved in a long time).

Wod arena felt like absolute trash to me because it felt like there was 0 room for counter play. It was like “ok I’m quing jungle? We got paired against X there is nothing we can do, okay now we got paired against X there is nothing they can do”. And every game felt extremely scripted to the point where I can tell you how every game was going to play out beforehand. Not to mention the fucking CESSPOOL of bots in early wod that was so bad peope made characters named Xbotter which made every challenger with an honorbuddy sub hit rank 1.

Now I’m not saying legion is perfect by any means I fucking hated it too but at least while I was playing it it didn’t feel as scripted I saw at least 30 more different comps in the arena compared to wods 4.

#13 justicecute

justicecute
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:16 AM

Well I personally don’t like either of them at all so answering your question wouldn’t mean much anyway because either way I answer it will make it sound like either expansion has upsides (talking strictly pvp I haven’t pved in a long time).

Wod arena felt like absolute trash to me because it felt like there was 0 room for counter play. It was like “ok I’m quing jungle? We got paired against X there is nothing we can do, okay now we got paired against X there is nothing they can do”. And every game felt extremely scripted to the point where I can tell you how every game was going to play out beforehand. Not to mention the fucking CESSPOOL of bots in early wod that was so bad peope made characters named Xbotter which made every challenger with an honorbuddy sub hit rank 1.

Now I’m not saying legion is perfect by any means I fucking hated it too but at least while I was playing it it didn’t feel as scripted I saw at least 30 more different comps in the arena compared to wods 4.

You are right that arena was piss boring and scripted like a play. But from my pov atleast ret in wod was the most fun it has ever been. Playing seal swap talent was like a drug to me. Now my class is just so gimped and boring to play my iq reduces as i think about it

#14 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:25 AM

PvP all things considered (enjoyability, activity, gameplay, fun etc.)

Wotlk>>>>>>>MoP>>>>>>>>>>>BC>>>>Legion>WoD>Cata

PvE in terms of epicness mostly (PvE is not gauged by difficulty but by story depth - although I would argue that after raiding everything until MoP, SSC/TK were the hardest by far. Up to date I cannot recall a fight where I wiped more than Kael, followed by Vashj)

TBC tier 5 (SSC/TK)/TBC heroics>Vanilla AQ/Naxx>Vanilla dungeons preraids (Scholo 10man)>Wotlk Ulduar era>Legion>MoP>>Wod>>>Cata

Dunno legion PvP seems a bit stale and class gameplay is very cut and dry but overall the game offers things to do. Storyline's pretty good, quests don't feel as grindy, raids are well designed (but easy), mythic is cool. 

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#15 Zero82599

Zero82599
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:05 PM

PvP all things considered (enjoyability, activity, gameplay, fun etc.)

Wotlk>>>>>>>MoP>>>>>>>>>>>BC>>>>Legion>WoD>Cata

PvE in terms of epicness mostly (PvE is not gauged by difficulty but by story depth - although I would argue that after raiding everything until MoP, SSC/TK were the hardest by far. Up to date I cannot recall a fight where I wiped more than Kael, followed by Vashj)

TBC tier 5 (SSC/TK)/TBC heroics>Vanilla AQ/Naxx>Vanilla dungeons preraids (Scholo 10man)>Wotlk Ulduar era>Legion>MoP>>Wod>>>Cata

Dunno legion PvP seems a bit stale and class gameplay is very cut and dry but overall the game offers things to do. Storyline's pretty good, quests don't feel as grindy, raids are well designed (but easy), mythic is cool. 

Wow you really didn't like Cata lol

#16 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:54 PM

Wow you really didn't like Cata lol

Cata out of all the expansions removed the most amount of things to do in the open world (questlines, items and so on), introduced wellfare epics, trimmed the most abilities, allowed for retarded specs to arise, injected OP legendaries in arena. Overall all it is the expansion that marks the divide between good ol' wow and the current version.  

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#17 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:47 PM

Cata out of all the expansions removed the most amount of things to do in the open world (questlines, items and so on), introduced wellfare epics, trimmed the most abilities, allowed for retarded specs to arise, injected OP legendaries in arena. Overall all it is the expansion that marks the divide between good ol' wow and the current version.

Don’t get me wrong I hated cata and loved wrath but you are off on a couple of these. I would say wrath injected op legendaries first (tbc legendaries didn’t seem as broken). Welfare epics started in late tbc and then really caught on fire during TOC heroics era.

#18 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:24 PM

Don’t get me wrong I hated cata and loved wrath but you are off on a couple of these. I would say wrath injected op legendaries first (tbc legendaries didn’t seem as broken). Welfare epics started in late tbc and then really caught on fire during TOC heroics era.

True I forgot the shattered sun epics - it was still rather hard to get those and heroics are as hard as mythics 15 now if not more. A single epic before that required exalted with a faction and you had to spam run heroics to do that which was hard. Wrath had the ulduar hammer which was great but not entirely broken and shadowmourne which was OP, but casters were more  OP so it somewhat balanced out.

The problem is the human mind is designed to follow the path of least resistance; w/e is easier. At the same time it wants more and more of the same thing as long as it provides some reinforcement (gear, rating, w/e). The reinforcement mechanism is stronger than the least resistance one that's why more grindy and harder expansions felt more rewarding and more people played them. Now there is no reinforcement in anything. Gear is cheap, rating is cheap, nothing really matters.

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#19 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268
  • 3v3: 2565
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:40 AM

???

I guess you never played against a Rogue with both warglaives if you think they weren't broken. The reason it didn't seem as broken to you was because not every single Rogue and Hunter ran around with the legendaries, maybe only a couple existed among your entire battlegroup. In Wotlk every Warrior, DK and Ret ran around with Shadowmourne but I wouldn't say it was more broken.

I agree with this, in my mental classification I too see Cata as the beginning of the end, where from Vanilla to Wotlk it all was upwards (with some up and downs mind you), it was only downhill from Cata. However if you ignore the past and look at Cata objectively, it wasn't that bad of an expansion (although I stopped playing the game for the first time at the start of S11). Unlike MoP, WoD and Legion which were honestly unplayable.

Edited by Naraga, 14 January 2018 - 02:41 AM.

S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#20 Odrareg

Odrareg
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/2/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1960
  • 3v3: 2151
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:14 AM

in all fairness i think the beginning of the end was mop.

i always say that the term "mop hero" was not invented by chance. cataclysm saw some subs drop, but there was still the feeling of "community" and reputation on realms or battlegroups. there was drama amongst pvpers. it was actually possible to outplay the enemy and do something about it.  yes you had triple dps, or RLS with rogue having legendaries and warlock with firelands staff and cunning trinket from dragon soul. more shit ensued as well. nothing was ever balanced, it was just more fun (maybe slightly worse than wotlk?). 

i'll give you few examples: 

1 - in Cataclysm instant roots did not exist. when a boomkin had to roots+beam me, he needed to bait my hand of freedom, or press solar beam quickly enough before i maybe instantly cleansed myself after the roots landed on my character.   Now you have instant roots and instant solar beam.  skill, hello? my skill and the boomkin's are irrelevant now.

2 - Cleanse cooldown. IT KILLED THE GAME. could i cleanse myself if roots weren't instant? NO CAUSE THEN I CANNOT CLEANSE THE POLYMORPH or whatever else.  cleansing added a huge depth to a healer's skill.  in MoP it got to the point where you couldn't cleanse polymorphs but had to save it for the frost bomb because that was what took 60% of your hp. cool i guess, that's not scripted right?

3 - in Season 12, which was MoP season 1, I literally remember shadowpriest - warrior - resto shamans popping out of nowhere. people who literally had challenger and maybe rival accross wotlk and cataclysm. I faced this team with my multi glad Cataclysm team mates and even if we won, there was nothing to do: they could have been shit, but CHARGE STUN + SHADOW PRIEST SILENCE on the healer = guaranteed kill / trinket / bubble or whatever. just NO CHANCE OF OUTPLAYING THEM WITHOUT MAJOR CDS!

in Cataclysm you could still outheal a full enemy's cds by playing better.  lately, if I don't use wings as soon as a feral druid uses incarnation, as in, if i'm a fool and try to outplay him for 10 seconds, he'll still force me to use them sooner or later. this means there will eventually be a point where he uses incarnation again and my wings aren't ready yet because i've used them too late when he FIRST used incarnation. 

it's funny how we spend time typing here for absolutely no reason, but it just feels like the solution is at hand all the time but they're too stupid to actually apply it. increase overall healing and overall dps for everyone. make wings or dps cds increase throughput by MAX 10/20%. Game is almost fixed.

edit: damn AJ not showing full helmets :S 

Edited by Odrareg, 14 January 2018 - 05:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users