• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:44 AM

Yo been a long time and I got all nostalgic and shit.

Hows the game now? Garbo or has it gotten better when compared to WoD? Is it enjoyable to play in complete solo mode?  How's warriors? Can you mortal strike someone for more than 20% of their hp? Do you get anything from 2v2 or is it still forsaken in favor of 3s.

Don't even know who's still in this forum but w/e gimme whatever you can

Rofl my infraction bar is empty

Edited by Braindance, 18 November 2017 - 03:44 AM.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#2 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • 3v3: 1420

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:09 AM

Well blizz is finally releasing a vanilla legacy server so...that’s about all i am looking forward to

#3 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:31 AM

Yo been a long time and I got all nostalgic and shit.

Hows the game now? Garbo or has it gotten better when compared to WoD? Is it enjoyable to play in complete solo mode?  How's warriors? Can you mortal strike someone for more than 20% of their hp? Do you get anything from 2v2 or is it still forsaken in favor of 3s.

Don't even know who's still in this forum but w/e gimme whatever you can

Rofl my infraction bar is empty

just over 100k characters (not accounts) are still actively playing arena in EU + USA combined

for comparison, the final season of WoD had 260k characters actively playing arena in the USA only, ignoring EU - make of that what you will :)

mythic+ and raids are not completely terrible though! (well mythic raiding is also dying, but they seem to be ok with that since they are removing raid tier sets + keeping titanforging in the next expansion)

oh, and they are trying to turn mythic+ dungeons into an esport, very exciting ;)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 18 November 2017 - 11:42 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#4 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:03 PM

just over 100k characters (not accounts) are still actively playing arena in EU + USA combined

for comparison, the final season of WoD had 260k characters actively playing arena in the USA only, ignoring EU - make of that what you will :)

mythic+ and raids are not completely terrible though! (well mythic raiding is also dying, but they seem to be ok with that since they are removing raid tier sets + keeping titanforging in the next expansion)

oh, and they are trying to turn mythic+ dungeons into an esport, very exciting ;)

Damn mane you still play.

Thank for the info and it would also be great if you could answer my specific questions. TBH arena for me died when 2s died so if I resub ima just do shit like redo the ahn'qiraj opening quest, maybe some old raids, and some casual 2s. At this point I have 0 patience to play competitively or raid with randoms. Practically what I want from the game if it can still provide that, is to hit stuff  with a 2-hander and solo grind stuff, just like I did when I was young.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#5 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

Damn mane you still play.

Thank for the info and it would also be great if you could answer my specific questions. TBH arena for me died when 2s died so if I resub ima just do shit like redo the ahn'qiraj opening quest, maybe some old raids, and some casual 2s. At this point I have 0 patience to play competitively or raid with randoms. Practically what I want from the game if it can still provide that, is to hit stuff  with a 2-hander and solo grind stuff, just like I did when I was young.

You get gear from 2s which is about it. Which doesn’t mean much because you literally get gear from everything you can think of now. You login and basically get gear for doing that. The game I guesssss got better compared to wod in terms of story and quests I suppose but you basically can finish all of that content in a week of casual play then you just login to run in circles. I’m not sure on how warriors are or any class balance is for that matter because I stopped paying attention. A lot of people moved to p servers in hype of wow classic. That’s about all I know

#6 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:52 PM

You get gear from 2s which is about it. Which doesn’t mean much because you literally get gear from everything you can think of now. You login and basically get gear for doing that. The game I guesssss got better compared to wod in terms of story and quests I suppose but you basically can finish all of that content in a week of casual play then you just login to run in circles. I’m not sure on how warriors are or any class balance is for that matter because I stopped paying attention. A lot of people moved to p servers in hype of wow classic. That’s about all I know

I don't know why people would want to go back to classic. Sure I have fond memories of it, but it was nowhere near as perfect as people might think especially if they bring it back exactly how it used to be. There has been so many quality of life improvements added to the game since then that for anyone who started after BC it's gonna seem like a nightmare. Unless you could play 16 hours a day you were nobody in vanilla.

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#7 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:53 PM

Thank for the info and it would also be great if you could answer my specific questions

most of your questions related to warriors and I only play skillful classes like mage and demonhunter so :(

;)

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#8 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1851
  • 3v3: 2707
  • RBG: 1884

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:55 PM

pvp is dead since 3 xpacs

game is garbage

greetings

#9 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:10 AM

ahn'qiraj opening quest,

they removed the quest line iirc

#10 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:27 PM

ahn'qiraj opening quest,

they removed the quest line iirc

My point is I just wanna do solo stuff and maybe some 2s cause I was a 2s king - don't care about being competitive.

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#11 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:41 PM

My point is I just wanna do solo stuff and maybe some 2s cause I was a 2s king - don't care about being competitive.

So what I’m gathering from this is that you are a tunnel vision expert. Legion sounds like it’s for you then!

#12 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:12 PM

So what I’m gathering from this is that you are a tunnel vision expert. Legion sounds like it’s for you then!

And I am gathering that you are one of those romantics that believe in skill in this game. I was like you once back when I was younger, and therefore I feel compelled to gift you with my most important post ever. It is unfortunate that this forum appears dead and therefore probably only you will read it. 

This game was never about skill; not in vanilla, not in bc, not in wotlk, not in cata, not in mop. Not ever. From PvE to PvP two things mattered the most:

1. Consistency
  2. Time spent

Nothing more nothing less. Skill played a small part in there because it got your right foot on the door so that other people would not label you incompetent and allow you to:

1. Be consistent
  2. Spent time

Rank 1? All about spending time and being consistent with your strategies vs certain matchups. Sure, maybe in 1 out of 10 games you could pull a "clutch" move and attribute the win to that. But what matters is the 9 games not that 1. To win these 9 games, you had to come up with a plan and merely execute it. The better you executed it the more the chances you won. That's why there were lots of glad and r1 players that everyone was like "This guy's garbo! I'm better". You might as well have been better, but the other guy was far more consistent and efficient at winning games, by following the rules of scripted combat that this game requires of you. In my very long career in this game - at this point probably longer than anyone else left in this forum since I was there for, and part of, practically everything that happened till mid MoP - I have seen duelists that mechanically were much more gifted than r1s or gladiators but they never fulfilled their potential because they kept on doing the same mistake over and over and over again. What was the mistake?  Instead of relying on consistency and cookie cutter tactics they wanted to lean back on "skill" (whatever even skill means in a 1.5 gcd game). Do this swap, focus kick 40 units away instead of doing dmg and so on. 

What I am getting at in essence is that skill in the way most people perceive it has nothing to do with reality. Contrary to popular belief because you have more tools doesn't mean anything; everyone is given the same gcds. A mage can use it to polymorph a warrior to mortal strike. It's nothing more than a sequence of buttons every 1.5 second. This belief actually held (holds?) many players back because they refuse to look back at what the did wrong and instead blame it on whatever. Could be macestun, could be fear into poly, could be s5 dks. This is the game. What you think or believe doesn't matter. All that matters is what works, and what works has always been a script. Enemy does x you do y. You can be skillful with a knife and you can be skillful with a bazooka. The guy with the bazooka might have an advantage but you can still overcome it. 

The beauty of this game is that it had a soul; it was a living organism. It gave a sense of achievement to people that had none in their real life. Works 16 hours a day (RIP Rich), get gear, be known. Everyone cried about everything:

1. Too many imbalances
  2. Too many hours to play required
  3. Too high difficulty

The collective population of this game behaved like a spoiled woman. But spoiled women don't want to be spoiled; they want an iron fist to tell them what to do. That fist was the original devs that gave 0 fucks about all the tears. And the population kept on crying, but deep down they loved it. They loved it so much that they kept coming back to this game no matter what. When that fist got soft, there was nothing attractive left to it. People fled, played other games, realized there are things to do outside the game and so on. There is always hope  however, and I believe as soon as the sub level drops after a certain number the devs will go back to the old model.

I could see none of these things when I was young and brash. Too enchanted with the game, too caught up in drama and so on. But now, I have the presence of mind to see the truth. And simply put, players wanted to be dominated by the devs and told to work like slaves. They would bitch and moan about it, but deep down they loved it. 

All in all, probably I will not convince you or anyone for that matter, but I am compelled to say these things and put them on paper, in case that someone that's open minded enough will absorb this information and allow him to enjoy the game the way it should be.

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#13 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:34 AM

And I am gathering that you are one of those romantics that believe in skill in this game. I was like you once back when I was younger, and therefore I feel compelled to gift you with my most important post ever. It is unfortunate that this forum appears dead and therefore probably only you will read it. 

This game was never about skill; not in vanilla, not in bc, not in wotlk, not in cata, not in mop. Not ever. From PvE to PvP two things mattered the most:

• Consistency
  • Time spent
Nothing more nothing less. Skill played a small part in there because it got your right foot on the door so that other people would not label you incompetent and allow you to:

• Be consistent
  • Spent time
Rank 1? All about spending time and being consistent with your strategies vs certain matchups. Sure, maybe in 1 out of 10 games you could pull a "clutch" move and attribute the win to that. But what matters is the 9 games not that 1. To win these 9 games, you had to come up with a plan and merely execute it. The better you executed it the more the chances you won. That's why there were lots of glad and r1 players that everyone was like "This guy's garbo! I'm better". You might as well have been better, but the other guy was far more consistent and efficient at winning games, by following the rules of scripted combat that this game requires of you. In my very long career in this game - at this point probably longer than anyone else left in this forum since I was there for, and part of, practically everything that happened till mid MoP - I have seen duelists that mechanically were much more gifted than r1s or gladiators but they never fulfilled their potential because they kept on doing the same mistake over and over and over again. What was the mistake?  Instead of relying on consistency and cookie cutter tactics they wanted to lean back on "skill" (whatever even skill means in a 1.5 gcd game). Do this swap, focus kick 40 units away instead of doing dmg and so on. 

What I am getting at in essence is that skill in the way most people perceive it has nothing to do with reality. Contrary to popular belief because you have more tools doesn't mean anything; everyone is given the same gcds. A mage can use it to polymorph a warrior to mortal strike. It's nothing more than a sequence of buttons every 1.5 second. This belief actually held (holds?) many players back because they refuse to look back at what the did wrong and instead blame it on whatever. Could be macestun, could be fear into poly, could be s5 dks. This is the game. What you think or believe doesn't matter. All that matters is what works, and what works has always been a script. Enemy does x you do y. You can be skillful with a knife and you can be skillful with a bazooka. The guy with the bazooka might have an advantage but you can still overcome it. 

The beauty of this game is that it had a soul; it was a living organism. It gave a sense of achievement to people that had none in their real life. Works 16 hours a day (RIP Rich), get gear, be known. Everyone cried about everything:

• Too many imbalances
  • Too many hours to play required
  • Too high difficulty
The collective population of this game behaved like a spoiled woman. But spoiled women don't want to be spoiled; they want an iron fist to tell them what to do. That fist was the original devs that gave 0 fucks about all the tears. And the population kept on crying, but deep down they loved it. They loved it so much that they kept coming back to this game no matter what. When that fist got soft, there was nothing attractive left to it. People fled, played other games, realized there are things to do outside the game and so on. There is always hope  however, and I believe as soon as the sub level drops after a certain number the devs will go back to the old model.

I could see none of these things when I was young and brash. Too enchanted with the game, too caught up in drama and so on. But now, I have the presence of mind to see the truth. And simply put, players wanted to be dominated by the devs and told to work like slaves. They would bitch and moan about it, but deep down they loved it. 

All in all, probably I will not convince you or anyone for that matter, but I am compelled to say these things and put them on paper, in case that someone that's open minded enough will absorb this information and allow him to enjoy the game the way it should be.

Lol what the shit is wrong with you? All I said was that because all you want to do is solo stuff and 2s then you must like tunnel visioning (which is what you do when doing 2s). It’s called a joke friend, wipe the foam off your mouth.

I’m sorry you just wasted that much time out of your busy day just to make yourself look like a loon :(

#14 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:50 AM

Lol what the shit is wrong with you? All I said was that because all you want to do is solo stuff and 2s then you must like tunnel visioning (which is what you do when doing 2s). It’s called a joke friend, wipe the foam off your mouth.

I’m sorry you just wasted that much time out of your busy day just to make yourself look like a loon :(

It's all OK. I am here to tell you that I wiped the foam off my mouth and changed my diaper. I hope that one day you will understand my post.

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#15 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2140
  • RBG: 384

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:11 AM

these new guys don't know about braindance posts.   miss you bud.  don't come back to the game though seriously, 2's isn't even fun just even to just play casually. Last i played my warrior, they were strong, but no fun whatsoever, everything is too homogenized.  Anti-fun!

#16 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:15 AM

It's all OK. I am here to tell you that I wiped the foam off my mouth and changed my diaper. I hope that one day you will understand my post.

You do realize I never said anything in opposition of what you’re useless post was getting at. Let’s not act like we just figured out a deep dark secrect about wow smart guy. You mean to tell me that in WoW, an mmorpg, that it’s all about time put in the game and not skill?????? Whaaaaaattttttt

#17 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:19 AM

these new guys don't know about braindance posts.   miss you bud.  don't come back to the game though seriously, 2's isn't even fun just even to just play casually. Last i played my warrior, they were strong, but no fun whatsoever, everything is too homogenized.  Anti-fun!

Hey man good to see some old faces around. Ima go buy the game if it's on sale for black friday and play pure solo mode, super casually. 

You do realize I never said anything in opposition of what you’re useless post was getting at. Let’s not act like we just figured out a deep dark secrect about wow smart guy. You mean to tell me that in WoW, an mmorpg, that it’s all about time put in the game and not skill?????? Whaaaaaattttttt

Normally years ago, I would have written things to you that woulda gotten me 2 infraction points at least. But I won't do that. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna call myself a retard and you smart. Hope it makes you feel better.

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#18 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

You do realize I never said anything in opposition of what you’re useless post was getting at. Let’s not act like we just figured out a deep dark secrect about wow smart guy. You mean to tell me that in WoW, an mmorpg, that

Hey man good to see some old faces around. Ima go buy the game if it's on sale for black friday and play pure solo mode, super casually. 

Normally years ago, I would have written things to you that woulda gotten me 2 infraction points at least. But I won't do that. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna call myself a retard and you smart. Hope it makes you feel better.

Why would a retard calling me smart make me feel better? You really aren’t the brightest are ya

#19 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1963
  • RBG: 192

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:32 PM

pousai re trele braindance