• Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1526

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:53 PM

So i'm back and forth on renewing my live account due to boredom. Is there any decent private servers that people are playing atm? Anything MOP / Cata. I know Warmane has a WOTLK server but seems dead most of the time. 

#2 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:00 AM

Warmane WOTLK has a decent community and playerbase, although not that big*.

They launched a Cata server too, which is also pretty much dead.* I am not aware of any other well scripted and/or populated Cata server.

As for MoP, pandaWoW was hiped for time, not sure how it is now. There is a Hungarian MoP server, in fact one of the oldest private servers still running since vanilla: Tauri. Mostly populated by Hungarians, but it's well scripted and has a big playerbase - there is even a twink community (have a lvl 69 twink mage since TBC there).

*edit:

Warmane is btw hugely responsible for it. The ruined both arena-tournament AND Molten-WoW (the former was the greatest arena/bg server of all time and the latter was a really decent Cata server). Sure, they launched the progressive WOTLK Loarderon, but that's too little gain for the losses.

#3 Notorious123

Notorious123
  • Members

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:52 AM

Hello Mate,

I play on Warmane MoP (Frostwolf). I'm pretty certain out of all the pservers that offer MoP, Frostwolf is the best working. However you have to level up and gear up. The conquest catch-up feature works and currently the cap for a new player is 12k (I believe).

If leveling up is too much of a hassle, then I suppose PandaWoW may be your best bet. Just be wary that you'll likely be playing with non-english speakers and a lot of botters, as well as overall poorer quality of scripting than Warmane.

We have a discord set up now but I cannot post it as I'm new to AJ (long time lurker!). If you would like a link to the discord, just PM me.

Warmane is btw hugely responsible for it. The ruined both arena-tournament AND Molten-WoW (the former was the greatest arena/bg server of all time and the latter was a really decent Cata server). Sure, they launched the progressive WOTLK Loarderon, but that's too little gain for the losses.

Warmane is the result of the merge of Molten-WoW and Arena-Tournament. The staff is largely the same.

#4 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:22 AM

Warmane is the result of the merge of Molten-WoW and Arena-Tournament. The staff is largely the same.

I'm aware of that, although afaik the original AT project manager left long ago.

The result is still abysmal; they made a server-wipe (including hard-earned items, cosmetics, titles, mounts and donor rewards), completely stopped development, have no GM supporting or newly risen bug fixes (like CloS bug is there for a year now?) and last time I checked they barely have any tournaments or fun events (Quel'danas, Ulduar) anymore.

#5 Notorious123

Notorious123
  • Members

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:59 AM

I'm aware of that, although afaik the original AT project manager left long ago.

The result is still abysmal; they made a server-wipe (including hard-earned items, cosmetics, titles, mounts and donor rewards), completely stopped development, have no GM supporting or newly risen bug fixes (like CloS bug is there for a year now?) and last time I checked they barely have any tournaments or fun events (Quel'danas, Ulduar) anymore.

As far as I can recall (and I may be mistaken) the owner of AT was Malaco, who is still around on Warmane.

As for the "server-wipe" it wasn't exactly intentional on Molten's part, it was a rogue admin who locked out the real owner and insanity ensued.

I don't think people lost any characters from AT going over to Warmane though. I also don't know the state of Blackrock, so I can't speak on it.

I can however recommend Frostwolf if you are looking to PvP on a MoP realm. As far as I know its the best server for class-scripting, there's conquest catch-up (which, as I mentioned, I think is 12k currently, could be more by now), and it has the largest dev team.

#6 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:02 AM

short answer no, games dead

short answer #2 probably, but nobody really cares enough to go looking for one. no point in reliving wrath, ships set sail lads

#7 Lloix

Lloix
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2301
  • 3v3: 2106
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationDying at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:03 AM

Remedy-WoW is releasing a wrath server (dunno if you're too young for that since you're asking to play mop) that will be really good if all holds up. It's a wrath 'progression' server with added raid bosses, 3 man scenarios, custom raids like 5 man MC, and a keystone system like in retail applied to the wrath dungeons. It might be complete shit, as pserver history has largely been shit and disappointing.

Warmane is a decent place to play. Some of the dungeons are pretty buggy, but it's not unbearable. Their icecrown server that has been out forever is pretty stale now and not really fun to play on if you're new. The playerbase is so fucking bad people literally never complete HoR HC. If you get it through RDF, 100% of the time people will quit by booting each other out. There aren't any progression guilds, its just HC dungeon farming until you have good enough GS to do ICC. There are next to no active guilds to join on US, so unless you can play in the middle of the day to raid, you're going to have a tough time finding a guild. PvP on that server is 99% paid-for orange cleaves. I can't stress enough how shit the skill level of the playerbase there is. 

#8 Zonvodo

Zonvodo
  • Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

Private servers are ghost towns now. Sorry mate but Overwatch is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>

#9 Lloix

Lloix
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2301
  • 3v3: 2106
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationDying at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:45 PM

that's objectively false though. 

#10 TommyW

TommyW
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Arathor
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/2/2/1/1
  • 3v3: 1152

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:53 PM

Tried PandaWoW, it's a load of garbage. The server is slightly laggy and it's ultimate pay to win. It's also extremely unfun losing to backpedaling nelf males who bought a full prideful char when you spawn in with Tyrannical

#11 wodeta

wodeta

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:03 AM

Warmane icecrown is lit as fuck, you should try it.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<