• Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1478
  • 3v3: 2600
  • RBG: 768

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:40 PM

they should make soloque heal/caster/melee teams only.

Obviously there will be some stronger mhc than others but the difference is smaller than in a ffa environment when it could be possible to match dk+warr+sham vs affli+Hunter+mw as an example.

But soloque as mhc could make room for a lot of new comp/speccs to shine which are not possible on higher ladder.

On AT it was aswell amazing like this. saddlybecause of not a big population they had to change it some time ago to an ffa system where you already know before the gates open when you get matched as tsg/lsp vs something like hunter/mage/hpal that you will win.

but when it was mhc the outcome of the match almsot always was decided by the individual players skills and how they played together

Good points, and as previously mentioned the problem of adjusting comps/teams can be solved through statistical data. 

#42 Konjunktur

Konjunktur

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:05 PM

Solo Queue is a must for PvP to be revitalized. Otherwise it's doomed to continue dying (if it hasn't already died).

I envision the best Solo Queue implementation as follows:

a) Separate bracket with separate rewards - ie separate titles, separate tabards/illusions, rating achievements etc. Premade 3v3 bracket rewards should always be "cooler" and "better" than Solo Queue rewards.

B) Ban tanks and class stacking. 

c) Special reporting feature that automatically punishes toxic players (report players for unsportsmanship/bad language, ie throwing and toxicity respectively). If someone gets reported enough they get banned from solo queue for a while, if they get reported more they get banned again (longer) and then eventually they just get banned for the entire season and DQ'd from end of season rewards. If you abuse the report system you also get punished (can't report as often or banned etc).

d) Voice Communication. Implement Battle.net voice into solo queue so that it automatically starts a call. Easy keybinds/access to muting/sound level changing would also be required.

e) Select your comp. Everyone has to select at least ~3 comps that they want to get queued as, that means you have some choice in what you want to play, so you never get matched as Elemental/Enhancement/X or some other really, really, dogshit comp.

f) Duo queue. If you want to play with a friend you can do so, however when you face none-duo queue opponents they lose/win less or more mmr and rating respectively so they don't get punished for playing true "solo". Rules (B) and (e) still apply.

#43 davidmeier

davidmeier
  • Members

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:49 AM

Solo Queue is a must for PvP to be revitalized. Otherwise it's doomed to continue dying (if it hasn't already died).

a) Separate bracket with separate rewards - ie separate titles, separate tabards/illusions, rating achievements etc. Premade 3v3 bracket rewards should always be "cooler" and "better" than Solo Queue rewards.

:duckers: Ban tanks and class stacking. 

c) Special reporting feature that automatically punishes toxic players (report players for unsportsmanship/bad language, ie throwing and toxicity respectively). If someone gets reported enough they get banned from solo queue for a while, if they get reported more they get banned again (longer) and then eventually they just get banned for the entire season and DQ'd from end of season rewards. If you abuse the report system you also get punished (can't report as often or banned etc).

d) Voice Communication. Implement Battle.net voice into solo queue so that it automatically starts a call. Easy keybinds/access to muting/sound level changing would also be required.

e) Select your comp. Everyone has to select at least ~3 comps that they want to get queued as, that means you have some choice in what you want to play, so you never get matched as Elemental/Enhancement/X or some other really, really, dogshit comp.

f) Duo queue. If you want to play with a friend you can do so, however when you face none-duo queue opponents they lose/win less or more mmr and rating respectively so they don't get punished for playing true "solo". Rules ( :duckers: and (e) still apply.

some good points m8.

+ban system for toxic people and who grief

+ban tanks

+no classstack

-comp choose, one "skill" thing about soloque is to make the best out of every comp you can get. maybe rather that for example if you play melee you can ban 1caster and 1healerspecc you dont want to be matched with

example im warrior and i dont want to get matched with destro warlock and no holypriests

-the voice

the last i need are two bulgarians with their whole family clan and tv on in the same room in voice xd

#44 Mish

Mish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1567
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1684

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:06 AM

B) Ban tanks and class stacking.

f) Duo queue. If you want to play with a friend you can do so, however when you face none-duo queue opponents they lose/win less or more mmr and rating respectively so they don't get punished for playing true "solo". Rules (B) and (e) still apply.

Agree with everything apart from the separate bracket thing. The game has simply not enought players to have 2 separte versions active enough. I would rather have soloqueue and premade teams on the same queues but Gladiator and Rank One can only be achieved from premade teams and not from soloqueue.

It will anw be almost imposible to get gladiator from soloqueue when you queue them vs premade teams, but atleast a player will be able to go until ~2500 soloqueue, and through this journey he will be able to find actual good partners that they can add each other on battle net and go for that Gladiator title.

With this way you give reasons for the premade teams to exist, while letting the players have fun queueing solo and having a much grater chance finding real parters they work well with, because they have already played alot together by a "Queue Again with the same Team" button at the end of every arena match.

Edited by Mish, 04 September 2017 - 05:20 AM.

#45 Blexone

Blexone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1757
  • 3v3: 2326

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

Honestly, i dont think solo queue would do anything to the game atm. If people dont want to play a shit game with premades, they wont do it with solo queue. Can you just imagine a new player trying to heal through Feral/Ret/FrostDK/etc dmg? He'll try max 5 games, get shit on every time and never queue arena aver again.

#46 Mish

Mish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

Honestly, i dont think solo queue would do anything to the game atm. If people dont want to play a shit game with premades, they wont do it with solo queue. Can you just imagine a new player trying to heal through Feral/Ret/FrostDK/etc dmg? He'll try max 5 games, get shit on every time and never queue arena aver again.

Atleast he will not have to search for teamates for hours in order he get shit on later. With soloqueue he will just press 1 button and start playing the game, and maybe with this way he will have patience to play more than 5 games.

Atleast for me, the main reason I don't find the motivation to queue arena that often these days is not because I don't like the game, is because I don't have the patience to search 30 mins for partners in LFG so that someone rage quits after the first lost and i have to start searching in LFG all over again.

I want to press one button that will automatically do the search for me, like in every other PvP game.

#47 stickyjam

stickyjam
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:38 AM

Atleast he will not have to search for teamates for hours in order he get shit on later. With soloqueue he will just press 1 button and start playing the game, and maybe with this way he will have patience to play more than 5 games.

Atleast for me, the main reason I don't find the motivation to queue arena that often these days is not because I don't like the game, is because I don't have the patience to search 30 mins for partners in LFG so that someone rage quits after the first lost and i have to start searching in LFG all over again.

I want to press one button that will automatically do the search for me, like in every other PvP game.

Surely what you're really saying is you want an easier time to find partners.

Could just allow the queue system to filter via:

Max rating

Achievements, e.g. 2k last season, 2k this expansion, 2.2, 2.4, 2.7, duelist,glad etc.

#48 Mish

Mish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:04 AM

Max rating

Achievements, e.g. 2k last season, 2k this expansion, 2.2, 2.4, 2.7, duelist,glad etc.

No man, what I want is very simple, you can find it in LoL, Dota, Overwatch, CS go, Hearthstone. I want to press one button that will queue me together and vs people of my skill level automatically. I want to avoid boosted achievements or 10 year old achievements.

Surely the developers have to work for it, either add a mandatory filter option, or something like Tosan mention about banning OP combinations from the search system, or maybe something else. Also adding some kind of voice coms, and the queue again button, and maybe something else that can help, idk... there are a lot of ideas mentioned.

My point here is why I want this, and I am saying it for the millionth time, I want to press one button that will do the search for me and find me partners of my current skill level automatically, like in every other PvP game. Why is this so hard for some people to understand, I don't get it :(

#49 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:24 PM

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe people want to play this game, but they can't because all of its activities require an effective group? If you see me, for instance, queueing 3s like 2 times per week it's not because I don't wanna play the game, it's because I cba looking for people through LFG and because those few I have are not active enough, or at the same time when I am.

And yeah, I imagine a new player trying to heal through currently OP melee cleaves. At first he'll get shit on, but slowly, he'll learn how to adapt if he truly likes the game. Can you actually imagine him trying to heal through MLS? Having to fake 2 Lock kicks, 1 Mage kick and a Resto Shaman kick (3 out of those 4 kicks lock you out for 7 seconds, btw)? That imo is way more AIDS, but even so, nothing that can't be counterplayed with the right practice.

Edited by Hollowinside, 04 September 2017 - 12:25 PM.

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#50 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:35 PM

Wow! Really good replies guys, keep this up! :D

:duckers: Ban tanks and class stacking. 

f) Duo queue. If you want to play with a friend you can do so, however when you face none-duo queue opponents they lose/win less or more mmr and rating respectively so they don't get punished for playing true "solo". Rules ( :duckers: and (e) still apply.

Agreed with everything in here. Really good points. I love the idea of having to select a number of comps which you feel comfortable playing.

Max rating

This doesn't actually sound too bad either I guess. Provided of course that the system would take into consideration the date on which the criteria for these achievements were earned. Like someone else previously mentioned, most people would not want to get queued with someone who got said achievements 10 years ago.

This. I feel like being able to have the system queue you up with other people of your own MMR is a much needed change currently.

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#51 Jonsnowx

Jonsnowx
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 1/1/0/0/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 384
  • RBG: 957

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:35 PM

Add MHC to all PvP Brackets

Problem solved.

#52 stickyjam

stickyjam
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:30 PM

No man, what I want is very simple, you can find it in LoL, Dota, Overwatch, CS go, Hearthstone. I want to press one button that will queue me together and vs people of my skill level automatically. I want to avoid boosted achievements or 10 year old achievements.

Surely the developers have to work for it, either add a mandatory filter option, or something like Tosan mention about banning OP combinations from the search system, or maybe something else. Also adding some kind of voice coms, and the queue again button, and maybe something else that can help, idk... there are a lot of ideas mentioned.

My point here is why I want this, and I am saying it for the millionth time, I want to press one button that will do the search for me and find me partners of my current skill level automatically, like in every other PvP game. Why is this so hard for some people to understand, I don't get it :(

I get what you want, but realistically blizzard will make ZERO changes, at an absolute push they'll make some small changes, a few extra filters would actually be achievable.

#53 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2599
  • RBG: 384

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:15 PM

Like you guys wanna add specific comps that you can choose to q in soloq  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

you cant even fking que "real" 3s before 9 pm and you only get same 2 teams on high mmr how the fuck would a system where you can pick comps work, high rated players would sit 20m ques. (with divided brackets aswell XD) 

How exactly would you report "toxic" players how can you know if someone is throwing on purporse or hes just bad/unlucky?

Also fact that some classes would have 20x easier time to rank up same with healers ... wow isnt a game for soloq if anything blizzard should focus on current 3v3 bracket add more incentive to play the game. Adding spectate client would be a great start or working on LFG system. 

Players that complain about lfg are ones that are the most cancerous to que with from my experiance. Legit getting asked for cr day 3 of season by players who have 1200 rating less exp and then same retards are making threads on forums how they have none to q with. 

Soloq wouldnt fix anything same players that qq would keep on qqing since most players in this game have dunning kruger syndrome where they believe that they are gods gift to game and they deserve x rating. 

Every single season theres new players climbing to top of ladder/getting their first gladiators etc its really not hard it takes time and effort (but isnt that the point of the game). 

Edited by Refren, 04 September 2017 - 04:00 PM.

#54 Warmonger_Skulm

Warmonger_Skulm
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:12 PM

Solo Q system is not intended to introduce PvP to new players. The whole point of the Solo Q system is to bring alternative incentives to PvP'ers at upper-intermediate to lower-intermediate ends, while potentially enhancing social aspects of PvP as well. A new player should learn his/her class in BG's and skirmishes first, if they are jumping directly into Solo Q ranked, and learn it that way, it is their choice. Essentially to Solo Q system does not have to be "new player" friendly. The main objective is to entertain the aforementioned pvp population.

--

Also fact that some classes would have 20x easier time to rank up same with healers ... wow isnt a game for soloq if anything blizzard should focus on current 3v3 bracket add more incentive to play the game. Adding spectate client would be a great start or working on LFG system. 

Players that complain about lfg are ones that are the most cancerous to que with from my experiance. Legit getting asked for cr day 3 of season by players who have 1200 rating less exp and then same retards are making threads on forums how they have none to q with. 

Soloq wouldnt fix anything same players that qq would keep on qqing since most players in this game have dunning kruger syndrome where they believe that they are gods gift to game and they deserve x rating. 

Every single season theres new players climbing to top of ladder/getting their first gladiators etc its really not hard it takes time and effort (but isnt that the point of the game). 

I must say that the points you brought up are undeniable, and the truth hurts. However, the Solo Q wouldn't necessarily harm the current state of WoW-PvP. The main contribution of the Solo Q would be bringing fresh life to the PvP scene by making matchmaking easier. Let's face it, most players who are casually interested in PvP want do pew pew opponents while listening to their own music, without voice chat. So forget coordination. This Solo Q system allows for people to come together and potentially form bonds with each other (wow this sounds weird but yeah). Simply put, it reduces the effort to play. What people are complaining about is actually a financial problem: Player A has to put in 50 effort to play arena with randoms from LFG. In this 50, time is 30 and risk of losing is 20. With Solo Q, the effort is reduced, since it potentially should take (theoretically) less time, and the randomness of Solo Q evens out the riskiness of losing against OP comps/facerolls. Is there an alternative to the Solo Q ? Of course, your points are spot on and there will be negatives no matter what, as you have mentioned.

All in all, it still wouldn't hurt to implement such a system.

#55 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

Solo Q system is not intended to introduce PvP to new players. The whole point of the Solo Q system is to bring alternative incentives to PvP'ers at upper-intermediate to lower-intermediate ends, while potentially enhancing social aspects of PvP as well. A new player should learn his/her class in BG's and skirmishes first, if they are jumping directly into Solo Q ranked, and learn it that way, it is their choice. Essentially to Solo Q system does not have to be "new player" friendly. The main objective is to entertain the aforementioned pvp population.

I must say that the points you brought up are undeniable, and the truth hurts. However, the Solo Q wouldn't necessarily harm the current state of WoW-PvP. The main contribution of the Solo Q would be bringing fresh life to the PvP scene by making matchmaking easier. Let's face it, most players who are casually interested in PvP want do pew pew opponents while listening to their own music, without voice chat. So forget coordination. This Solo Q system allows for people to come together and potentially form bonds with each other (wow this sounds weird but yeah). Simply put, it reduces the effort to play. What people are complaining about is actually a financial problem: Player A has to put in 50 effort to play arena with randoms from LFG. In this 50, time is 30 and risk of losing is 20. With Solo Q, the effort is reduced, since it potentially should take (theoretically) less time, and the randomness of Solo Q evens out the riskiness of losing against OP comps/facerolls. Is there an alternative to the Solo Q ? Of course, your points are spot on and there will be negatives no matter what, as you have mentioned.

All in all, it still wouldn't hurt to implement such a system.

so you wanna pew pew while listening to music casually que with random lfg ppl and dont care about rating or just que skirms? 

#56 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

Like you guys wanna add specific comps that you can choose to q in soloq  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

you cant even fking que "real" 3s before 9 pm and you only get same 2 teams on high mmr how the fuck would a system where you can pick comps work, high rated players would sit 20m ques. (with divided brackets aswell XD) 

How exactly would you report "toxic" players how can you know if someone is throwing on purporse or hes just bad/unlucky?

Players that complain about LFG are the most cancerous ones? Really? How so? It's been completely the opposite for me, from my experiences. But eh, to each their own. Usually, I find people who obviously bought boosts and then I find myself queuing with a "wotlk Glad" R.Druid who backpeddals until he bumps with his back into a wall, calls everyone bad and leaves after first loss while having dealth 20M less healing than the opposing 1.8k rated healer.

The addition of Solo Queue was not introduced so people would stop QQing. Do they want to QQ? Then let them QQ their hearts out. The idea is to bring back some life into PvP, not to vanquish QQ coming from players. And yeah, every game has always had those "Dunning-Kruger syndrome" players, you can't change that. Heck, even single player offline games used to have people like this. xD But why even bring this up? It's completely irrelevant with the whole Solo Queue thing isn't it? Yes, there are going to exist similar people there too. They are already overtaking a big part of LFG anyway so what's the deal?

Edited by Hollowinside, 04 September 2017 - 05:57 PM.

#57 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

Players that complain about LFG are the most cancerous ones? Really? How so? It's been completely the opposite for me, from my experiences, but eh, to each their own.

The addition of Solo Queue was not introduced to stop people from QQing. Do they want to QQ? Then let them QQ their hearts out. The idea is to bring back some life into PvP, not to vanquish QQ coming from players.

like have you ever played a soloq game "competitively" soloq wont bring any life to the game, if anything its gonna make more and more people quit arena/start qqing even harder about class balance etc.

Soloq system is pure and absolute absolute cancer in team game period. 

I dont get it id much rather have a system like "raidfinder" where you q and youre placed into a "group" based on ur mmr , together with adding incentive for very lower rated players (1200-2k) even something stupid like win a game on every map each season gets you a shitty pet or something/artifact skin would make people that never played arena q up. 

#58 Warmonger_Skulm

Warmonger_Skulm
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:55 PM

so you wanna pew pew while listening to music casually que with random lfg ppl and dont care about rating or just que skirms? 

Ofc I don't. Just showing some empathy.

Edit: I basically explained in my answer how it could actually help players coordinate (potentially)

Edited by Warmonger_Skulm, 04 September 2017 - 07:04 PM.

#59 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:24 PM

like have you ever played a soloq game "competitively" soloq wont bring any life to the game, if anything its gonna make more and more people quit arena/start qqing even harder about class balance etc.

Soloq system is pure and absolute absolute cancer in team game period. 

I dont get it id much rather have a system like "raidfinder" where you q and youre placed into a "group" based on ur mmr , together with adding incentive for very lower rated players (1200-2k) even something stupid like win a game on every map each season gets you a shitty pet or something/artifact skin would make people that never played arena q up. 

Forgot to mention that when I said "it's the opposite for me" I was talking about WoW exclusively. With that phrase I meant to say that in my experience, the people who hate LFG are not always the most toxic ones.

#60 zzu

zzu
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1346
  • 3v3: 2831

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

idc what people say, old animations acc mattered so much to me, I can't play anymore without them
add them back w old character models and it would feel so much improved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<