• Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Havoc 1/1/2/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 955
  • 3v3: 2101
  • RBG: 576

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:48 AM

"" Enough said But as Tosan said (if you even watched his video) by queuing solo queue it is a much better and much easier way to find actual teammates for premade later on, because you have already tried them, instead of sitting in the shitty LFG system they have now for 1 hour just to get trolled from a fucking retard that bought his Gladiator title from a boosting site.""

The point is i have to keep changing people from lfr till i get good player and some time you have to sit there for like hours till you come across a good player who know his sheet. and you dont even need to say anything the synergy is just there because he is real GLad.

#22 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

there are two horrifically large issues with wow pvp currently - pvp gameplay is depressingly boring as fuck due to pruning + class design being overwhelmingly centred around raiding at the expense of all other aspects of the game, and the reward structure is trash for people who don't have the skill/social circles to get gladiator/rank 1 every season

i'm confused why people think adding the ability to solo queue for arenas would solve either of these issues - or are we presuming that there are hordes and hordes of people desperate to experience legion pvp in all its 4 button pve rotation idiot proof glory, and the only thing holding them back from diving right in and propping up the dead ladder is that they are too scared/socially awkward to find people to queue with?

It's exactly because of what you said - the reward structure is indeed trash for those who don't have the social circles to get to Glad/R1. When I find myself having some more free time in my schedule, sometimes I am way too bored to log on WoW so I watch streams (for some reason, I find watching people play more entertaining than playing the game myself, sometimes), and honestly, the friend list of *every* R1 or multi R1 player is filled with 30-40 more R1 guys. It feels as if these people unintentionally formed a really tight circle which is really hard to get into.

The addiiton of Solo Queue could maybe fix this by having Solo Queue and Premade 3v3 being 2 different brackets and adding good rewards to both of them while adding some extra importance on the Premade 3v3 bracket. This way people could queue Solo (initially, for those Solo Queue rewards) until they find someone they deem as good and progress to the actual bracket with them. It's not that there are hordes of people who are scared to queue. It's the fact that there are hordes of people who have no one to queue with. From what I have read from you, you didn't PvP in Legion right Dizzee (not bashing you, asking legit out of curiosity)? That's actually something to envy! xD But you would basically see that there are tons of people in LFG everyday because there is no one left to play the game with. I remember this being an issue for me even back in WoD, and oh boy, I can guarantee you it's much worse right now.

It just feels like shit because sometimes I feel really hyped for arena and I log in full of energy only to find that either my friendlist is "empty" (because people are demotivated to queue, I guess?) or that I have to sit in LFG for 3 HOURS sometimes in order to basically find 3-10 bad people with whom I'll never play with again. I am not pretending that Solo Queue would be the Holy Grail of this game. This is obviously not the case. What I am debating is that if executed correctly, it might be a small step towards the right direction.

It's not that said people are too socially awkward to queue. It's that fact that in order to find someone semi-decent to queue with you must make an offering to the one true Lord C'thulu and offer your soul, your family, your kidneys, the blood of a virgin, compressed & heated fairy powder, the horn of a minotaur, a legendary sword and the eye of a cyclops.

Edited by Hollowinside, 29 August 2017 - 07:44 AM.

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#23 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2599
  • RBG: 384

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:34 PM

Honestly its really easy to get into glad/r1 "social circle" if you play consistently good on ladder you can just add 90% of players on real id and they would be willing to q with you. None gives a shit if you have 0 r1s or 25 if you play good most people would q with you.

I feel like biggest issue with lfg is 2200-2500 and lack of players in that bracket 

Not to mention soloq would be aids to balance considering some classes only have 1-2 "viable" comps while others have plenty.

Also healers would have huge advantage 

Edited by Refren, 29 August 2017 - 01:42 PM.

#24 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

Honestly its really easy to get into glad/r1 "social circle" if you play consistently good on ladder you can just add 90% of players on real id and they would be willing to q with you. None gives a shit if you have 0 r1s or 25 if you play good most people would q with you.

I feel like biggest issue with lfg is 2200-2500 and lack of players in that bracket 

Not to mention soloq would be aids to balance considering some classes only have 1-2 "viable" comps while others have plenty.

You say it's easy if you play consistently good on ladder, but do you see here that the discussion is basically just taking circles? Then again, how will you play consistently good on ladder if you don't have a team or people to queue with? Then you are basically forced into LFG because this is your only real option of finding someone with whom to queue with. Then, another parameter kicks in; are they good? And if the answer is yes (which is very rarely the case), then just how good are they? What is their pushing goal? How willing are they to commit to a team? How active can they be throughout the week? And so on.

About balancing Solo Queue, I guess that Blizzard could prioritize some comp formations for some specs or just simply exclude some others. It won't be the most perfectly balanced system you've ever seen, but it is a start. It's not like the actual Premade 3v3 we have now was ever perfectly balanced anyway, so why should this be a problem only regarding Solo Queue?

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#25 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • 3v3: 1420

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:18 PM

You say it's easy if you play consistently good on ladder, but do you see here that the discussion is basically just taking circles? Then again, how will you play consistently good on ladder if you don't have a team or people to queue with? Then you are basically forced into LFG because this is your only real option of finding someone with whom to queue with. Then, another parameter kicks in; are they good? And if the answer is yes (which is very rarely the case), then just how good are they? What is their pushing goal? How willing are they to commit to a team? How active can they be throughout the week? And so on.
About balancing Solo Queue, I guess that Blizzard could prioritize some comp formations for some specs or just simply exclude some others. It won't be the most perfectly balanced system you've ever seen, but it is a start. It's not like the actual Premade 3v3 we have now was ever perfectly balanced anyway, so why should this be a problem only regarding Solo Queue?

Yeah it's not balanced but you can pick your comps so you know what to play around. If you are a mage and get 10 warlocks in a row and you tank to simply better comps that isn't going to help you with anything. Lets stop making up reasons why this will save pvp because we all know it won't, it won't even help it a little bit. This system will only be there for boredom. That's it. You bored? Go rage in solo q. There is literally nothing else that benefits from solo q besides your bordem, which it will be boring to you after a month or so anyway.

#26 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:03 PM

I’m in favor of solo queues too.
I think it could be great addition to boost PvP. PvP has 2 parts in my opinion, one is having fun, the other is showing how big your bratwurst is. This is harsh, I know, but people wants their R1 to show their d***s to other peoples. PvP is like that.

However, as people in the videos and here said, it has to be well done. It has to be attractive enough (even for people who haven’t pvp at all, so they can try it.),  and not too much either, so the 3v3 organized team bracket still prevails. Basically, the rewards must be there, but always less interesting compared to the regular bracket.

Basically the same title thingy (Maybe not the r1 title, only a gladiator like title, be imaginative), with a different title for solo queue, and a different mount too. The solo queue mount would be a “Insert new mount”, the team queue would be the same, with armor and other fancy stuff in it.. And of course, a unique mount model. Not some recolor one of a PvE one. If you played Wotlk, remember the outrage when we get some Frostwyrm in S5, while PvE didn’t get something like that. Please, let us have unique things...

Of course, the same mmr system as in 3v3, so it can’t be like TBC, where a gladiator SL/SL | Rdruid, bored, disband their team, and start over at 1500, stomping people who wanted to progress at their own rate. Maybe the solo queue mmr can’t be lesser than your 3v3 one, I don’t know how it could work.

And, indeed, incentives. That’s the biggest part. Otherwise, it will be an enhanced skirmishes system.

We need incentives to play. And not only the last rewards at the end of the season. All the time. And many rewards. Useless one, like pets, tabards, mounts, title, toys, transmogs, everything. Some of them could be quite simple, and accessible to anyone. Some others can be more challenging, like enchant transmog, and elite set. And there comes the challenge. You can add Achievement to do (Win X games in a row in solo queue, win X games in a row as a team…), or the old Wotlk/BC system of “You need X rating to buy it.”. “You need 2400 rating in regular 3v3 and this achievement to have this”.

The elite set could be something like that, you can buy part by part, if your rating increases, the highest one could have the visual part of the set, helm and shoulders. Example with the current season, and the paladin set. Currently, the purple looking one is from LFR, the yellow, from Normal raid, blue/red from PvP, the green from HM, and the “improved” yellow one from Mythic. The “elite” set is brown/blue.
Imagine those were not PvE related. You could have the yellow as regular PvP gear, the purple/green as the solo queue “rating require” one, and the improved yellow/brown as the regular 3v3 “rating require” one. And this is only transmog.

Everything could be bought by some PvP currencies your earn by winning/losing game (Like Timewalking DJ). Let’s have some hypothetical numbers, imagine you earn 3 points by losing a game in solo queue, 6 in 3v3, you win 12 in solo queue, 30 for 3v3. So you can “farm” currencies all the time, buy your stuff, and play. And regular gear can be cheap to buy, while elite stuff and toys etc… could cost more, so, like in a MMO, you can invest and work for it, to show to everyone else. Have higher rating would increase how much you earn, so progressing can be rewarded too.

(If some toys or glyphs allows me to have a shadowmourne type graphical aura while I use wings, or a graphical aura like Warcraft3 paladin or the Val’kyrs fight in TOC (Wotlk), be sure that I will farm the shit out of it, even if it costs 100.000 things.)

It could have some “non useless” rewards too, for people not really interested in the toys thing. If the same “you drop your gear system” stays (Which is… not really horrible to be honest, even if I miss reforging a lot, you’re not the slave of your bad gear now – artifact is another story -, but vendors should have stayed, so you can buy your stuff, and still drop it. It’s still nice to see a good drop.), they can add the gear to another NPC,  so you can increase your ilvl in arena without hoping to drop the right part. And of course, add token like professions now “Increase the ilvl of one part of gear by 5, max 3 times”, with a tiny cost, so you can have your “warforged” gear by working for it. Not something which increase your outside stats too much (Because, hum, PvE), just for your ilvl.

And voilà. You can play solo, earn money, buy stuff, increase your gear, and the regular 3v3 would be still the main value of “skill” (Hrum.). And show how big your… rating is… yeeeeep.

Edited by Jim_Jim, 29 August 2017 - 06:03 PM.

Posted Image

#27 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:09 PM

as someone who always hover 2200-2500 in both brackets its insanely hard to find people to consitantly q with because of the "the grass is always greener on the other side" mentality. I get it though, and I do the same thing and I also don't know how to fix it, but thats just it

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:21 PM

I’m in favor of solo queues too.
I think it could be great addition to boost PvP. PvP has 2 parts in my opinion, one is having fun, the other is showing how big your bratwurst is. This is harsh, I know, but people wants their R1 to show their d***s to other peoples. PvP is like that.

However, as people in the videos and here said, it has to be well done. It has to be attractive enough (even for people who haven’t pvp at all, so they can try it.),  and not too much either, so the 3v3 organized team bracket still prevails. Basically, the rewards must be there, but always less interesting compared to the regular bracket.

Basically the same title thingy (Maybe not the r1 title, only a gladiator like title, be imaginative), with a different title for solo queue, and a different mount too. The solo queue mount would be a “Insert new mount”, the team queue would be the same, with armor and other fancy stuff in it.. And of course, a unique mount model. Not some recolor one of a PvE one. If you played Wotlk, remember the outrage when we get some Frostwyrm in S5, while PvE didn’t get something like that. Please, let us have unique things...

Of course, the same mmr system as in 3v3, so it can’t be like TBC, where a gladiator SL/SL | Rdruid, bored, disband their team, and start over at 1500, stomping people who wanted to progress at their own rate. Maybe the solo queue mmr can’t be lesser than your 3v3 one, I don’t know how it could work.

And, indeed, incentives. That’s the biggest part. Otherwise, it will be an enhanced skirmishes system.

We need incentives to play. And not only the last rewards at the end of the season. All the time. And many rewards. Useless one, like pets, tabards, mounts, title, toys, transmogs, everything. Some of them could be quite simple, and accessible to anyone. Some others can be more challenging, like enchant transmog, and elite set. And there comes the challenge. You can add Achievement to do (Win X games in a row in solo queue, win X games in a row as a team…), or the old Wotlk/BC system of “You need X rating to buy it.”. “You need 2400 rating in regular 3v3 and this achievement to have this”.

The elite set could be something like that, you can buy part by part, if your rating increases, the highest one could have the visual part of the set, helm and shoulders. Example with the current season, and the paladin set. Currently, the purple looking one is from LFR, the yellow, from Normal raid, blue/red from PvP, the green from HM, and the “improved” yellow one from Mythic. The “elite” set is brown/blue.
Imagine those were not PvE related. You could have the yellow as regular PvP gear, the purple/green as the solo queue “rating require” one, and the improved yellow/brown as the regular 3v3 “rating require” one. And this is only transmog.

Everything could be bought by some PvP currencies your earn by winning/losing game (Like Timewalking DJ). Let’s have some hypothetical numbers, imagine you earn 3 points by losing a game in solo queue, 6 in 3v3, you win 12 in solo queue, 30 for 3v3. So you can “farm” currencies all the time, buy your stuff, and play. And regular gear can be cheap to buy, while elite stuff and toys etc… could cost more, so, like in a MMO, you can invest and work for it, to show to everyone else. Have higher rating would increase how much you earn, so progressing can be rewarded too.

(If some toys or glyphs allows me to have a shadowmourne type graphical aura while I use wings, or a graphical aura like Warcraft3 paladin or the Val’kyrs fight in TOC (Wotlk), be sure that I will farm the shit out of it, even if it costs 100.000 things.)

It could have some “non useless” rewards too, for people not really interested in the toys thing. If the same “you drop your gear system” stays (Which is… not really horrible to be honest, even if I miss reforging a lot, you’re not the slave of your bad gear now – artifact is another story -, but vendors should have stayed, so you can buy your stuff, and still drop it. It’s still nice to see a good drop.), they can add the gear to another NPC,  so you can increase your ilvl in arena without hoping to drop the right part. And of course, add token like professions now “Increase the ilvl of one part of gear by 5, max 3 times”, with a tiny cost, so you can have your “warforged” gear by working for it. Not something which increase your outside stats too much (Because, hum, PvE), just for your ilvl.

And voilà. You can play solo, earn money, buy stuff, increase your gear, and the regular 3v3 would be still the main value of “skill” (Hrum.). And show how big your… rating is… yeeeeep.

Lord Jimjim gets it. People seem to be too concerned about the addition of a Solo Queue system killing the Premade 3v3 bracket, but as Tosan stated in the 1st video I linked, this doesn't neccesarily have to be the case. Just differentiate the rewards in each bracket while simultaneously keeping the Premade 3v3 one as "the real shit".

And just like that, there you go! You have a much wider variety of (unique, in theory) rewards and thus more incentives to play. More reasons are given for the average Joe to PvP, and thus this whole aspect of the game may actually get to have a bigger audience as well.

Edited by Hollowinside, 29 August 2017 - 07:22 PM.

#29 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

as someone who always hover 2200-2500 in both brackets its insanely hard to find people to consitantly q with because of the "the grass is always greener on the other side" mentality. I get it though, and I do the same thing and I also don't know how to fix it, but thats just it

And yes, this is pretty much as far as the truth goes. People with Glad/R1 titles look down on people who are 2.6k, 2.7k, 2.8k, etc w/o titles. Not all of them of course, but I've seen it happening. It has, in fact, happened to me as well. Can you imagine players like (random examples that come to mind, absolutely nothing against these players) Hexur or Illustrated being open minded about playing with 2.4k or 2.5k randoms? Those randoms might just be a future R1 player for all they know, but maybe they never got a chance to prove themselves with a team. However, no one tends to think like that. Why go around playing with such lower rated people when you have 5 R1s of every different class in your friend list? It's just impractical and "stupid".

Edited by Hollowinside, 29 August 2017 - 07:51 PM.

#30 Edmonatron

Edmonatron
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:39 PM

Won't be resubscribing until they add solo queue. LFG wait times are ridiculous. It's a pity as the game has never been more fun.

#31 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:35 PM

i dont see what they have to lose from adding solo q, game is dead as shit lol

i guess worst case scenario you go from having 200 active players in pvp to 150 or something

#32 davidmeier

davidmeier
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:22 PM

wow needs soloque asap.

i personally played only on wotlk for the past years and started legion just now because wotlk pserver scene is pretty much dead. as someone who subs only 1-2months per expansion after wotlk it is pretty hard to find good teammate if you start basically alone.

all i do since i started pvp in legion 2 weeks ago was spaming lfg tool to join some team that arent total trash to climb some rating. it takes a lot of effort and time because everyone in the tool is a secret gladiator with 600games on 2k. mostly its 5-6games per team then you can lf a new one because some ape thinks hes too good with 600games on 2,2k for your team.

its basically soloque just that you have to get your mates in this lfg tool and convince them to play with you even tho they have 100achievements they either bought or did 5years ago or on their dk while they play their mage like the dirt under my toenail.

So why cant we just have soloque as a seperate bracket with different titles like they use on AT?

whats the difference if i waste 30min to convince someone to take me over the shit hunter but who has some achivements from last century?

Soloque i can play for myself and dont bother with these and just grind my rating myself.

if i can carry my team i gain rating if i cannot i cant.

Yes some classes/speccs wont work like other in soloque but they also dont on 3v3 ladder?

in a Melee/Caster/heal soloque enviroment some classes can actually shine that cant on premade ladder because they get overrun by fotm comps.

for example a mage/warr/dru

warr/boomer/disc

will work to very high ratings in a soloque if the player indidually are better than the other rog/lock/sham or whatever.

while on ladder you get facerolled by 300ratings lower fotm comp.

Also soloque didnt kill AT 3v3 it was more like the best thing that could happen to also make 3v3 bracket last 3years longer because you can premade with some good people you find from soloque and join premade. while if you have to lf 3v3 premade in a lfg tool without rating/achievements is disgusting  and get you nowhere.

And sorry refren this is just not true that you can easy get into some "circle"if you are alone. maybe if you play for months and few seasons and a lot of game to get noticeable but its a horrible grind. nothing any beginner who starts arena/wow/comes from pserver wants to do.

#33 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:21 AM

Yeah it's not balanced but you can pick your comps so you know what to play around. If you are a mage and get 10 warlocks in a row and you tank to simply better comps that isn't going to help you with anything. Lets stop making up reasons why this will save pvp because we all know it won't, it won't even help it a little bit. This system will only be there for boredom. That's it. You bored? Go rage in solo q. There is literally nothing else that benefits from solo q besides your bordem, which it will be boring to you after a month or so anyway.

No one is "making up reasons". From my perspective, it just feels like you are tunnel-visioning between your beliefs. I wrote whole paragraphs as to how and why it might not be a bad idea, and the best arguments you can come up with are stuff like this, so let me answer individually to everything you have to say;

"This system will only be there for boredom."
"There is literally nothing else that benefits from solo q besides your bordem"

Yeah, right. Because the current LFG version (which is a nerfed version of Solo Queue, in all honesty) is so much fun and exciting! Can't wait to start searching for shit/boosted/carried/piloted people for 3 hours straight again, in hopes I might find a semi-decent guy and still not be sure if we are gonna end up teaming up together! Yay! xD

"if they added rewards for solo q, what's the point in anyone trying to do 3s teamed"

Because, uhm... different rewards? Much better/More rewards in the Premade 3v3 bracket?

"Lets stop making up reasons why this will save pvp because we all know it won't, it won't even help it a little bit."

Again, no one is making up reasons why this would save anything. And who are you to know if it will/won't help, and by how much? The only thing I see here is legit, valid reasons as to why it could offer some help. I think that people here are trying too hard to make up reasons why this wouldn't change absolutely anything.

Edited by Hollowinside, 01 September 2017 - 08:27 AM.

#34 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:47 AM

Just to clarify some extra things about how I would picture rewards available through Solo Queue and Premade 3v3 in this given scenario.

- Titles would only be given through Premade 3v3. At least the Glad/R1 ones. Then, more rewards should be added. Maybe more Enchants/Tabards/Cloaks/Elite Sets. Something like what Lord Jimjim proposed, but impemented like this; Casual PvP set has color X. 2k Elite set has color Y. 2.4k Elite Set has color Z, and maybe some more extra details. Maybe Heirlooms as well?

- In order to encourage people to play Solo Queue, some smaller rewards could be added. Like maybe some exclusive PvP Glyphs (which modify the visual effects of some abilities or huge cds to make you stand out)? Pets? Maybe a different Tabard? Different Cloak? Diferent, less-significant titles? Heck, even stuff like Order Hall Followers could be ok.  Anything that would be cool to pursue, but wouldn't be "greater of value" than what you would get awarded from the Premade 3v3.

And boom, there you have it. More rewards, more "reason" per se to PvP, more attraction towards new players, way more rewards and incentives, and the coexistence of Solo Queue and Premade 3v3 without one completely negating or shutting down the other.

And for those of you who say that no voice 3v3 would be boring and everyone would rage and whatnot, this could at least be reduced a bit by implementing an in-game Battle.net voice call system which doesn't require you to have the other people in your friend list in order to forward the call.

EDIT: The reintroduction of Elite Weapons could also be an amazing idea, but they should implement more than just 1 of each. 2k, 2.2k, 2.4k weapons (and so on) could be different, with more and more detail added each time (like Lionheart Executioner from Blacksmithing). They could also maybe vary in color? And then the highest tier Elite Weapons would be of a totally different aspect.

EDIT 2: I will post this in the 1st comment actually.

Edited by Hollowinside, 03 September 2017 - 09:46 AM.

#35 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1563
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:29 AM

Its never going to be any better, dont hope for it be happy with what you got

Posted Image

#36 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:01 AM

Its never going to be any better, dont hope for it be happy with what you got

It's not like I am sad. I just believe that there's plenty of room for improvement, and I don't think I am the only one.

#37 Blexone

Blexone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1757
  • 3v3: 2326

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:56 AM

It's not like I am sad. I just believe that there's plenty of room for improvement, and I don't think I am the only one.

Ofc there is Room for Improvement. There has been Room for Improvement the last few years. But they still managed to fuck up even more xpac after xpac

#38 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:00 AM

Ofc there is Room for Improvement. There has been Room for Improvement the last few years. But they still managed to fuck up even more xpac after xpac

Exactly! And the reason for which I believe this is happening is because they have good intentions, but bad execution. So what I think they need is some guidance from the game's best/better players. Which is why I made this thread - to ask for all of your opinions, guys.

#39 Warmonger_Skulm

Warmonger_Skulm
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1478
  • 3v3: 2600
  • RBG: 768

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:59 PM

It is very funny how "Balancing the Game" is still a concern while talking about the Solo Q system. "Balance" was promised eons ago... No progress was made ever since.

The balance argument is of little importance right now, because why would you try to balance Solo Q's in a completely imbalanced equation ? Alternatives to PvP reward system should be prioritized

It is extremely crucial and it could seriously revitalize the PvP, by adding more to its social aspects as well. Supporting this idea 100%

#40 davidmeier

davidmeier
  • Members

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:54 PM

It is very funny how "Balancing the Game" is still a concern while talking about the Solo Q system. "Balance" was promised eons ago... No progress was made ever since.

The balance argument is of little importance right now, because why would you try to balance Solo Q's in a completely imbalanced equation ? Alternatives to PvP reward system should be prioritized

It is extremely crucial and it could seriously revitalize the PvP, by adding more to its social aspects as well. Supporting this idea 100%

they should make soloque heal/caster/melee teams only.

Obviously there will be some stronger mhc than others but the difference is smaller than in a ffa environment when it could be possible to match dk+warr+sham vs affli+Hunter+mw as an example.

But soloque as mhc could make room for a lot of new comp/speccs to shine which are not possible on higher ladder.

On AT it was aswell amazing like this. saddlybecause of not a big population they had to change it some time ago to an ffa system where you already know before the gates open when you get matched as tsg/lsp vs something like hunter/mage/hpal that you will win.

but when it was mhc the outcome of the match almsot always was decided by the individual players skills and how they played together

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<