Photo

"Top" Healers in Arena setting these days? (7.2.5)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/0/2/2/./.
  • 2v2: 288
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:07 AM

*Don't understand what's going on w/ these forums lately, and the inability to make threads, etc.*

Here is the original thread copy/pasted, etc:

G'Evening Gents,

As I've said in several of my recent threads/posts, covering a rather wide-range of topics, I'm curious these days as to a few questions regarding the current state of healers in an Arena setting, and I suppose rBG's to a lesser extent.  Also, I realize the majority of these answers are subjective to those that are currently climbing the rankings/ladders respectively, but I'm simply looking for the "general" consensus (meta?) of each, etc., which is why I'm throwing the term "best" around loosely.

Questions as follows:

1. The "best" single-target healer in arena currently is & why?

2. The "best" healer survivability/"o shiiite" focused/trained recovers w/o being babysat by teammates?

3. The "best" healer "kit" or team viability/utility, etc?

4. The "best" healer or most "flexible" when thrust into either 2's or 3's in LFG, etc?

Although dated, and being gone for so many years, I obviously cannot speak to the reliability/accuracy of these statements, none the less I'm linking a thread comment from the WoW Forums in regards to Shaman heals in Arena/PvP, etc:

Pikkarg<Blood And Plunder>110 Orc Shaman127305238 posts

Feb 5, 2016

It isn't going to be a fun spec to play currently because of how easy it is to blow up. Even the top resto shamans in 3s sometimes have WTF moments. 

I can't imagine it in LFG. Really can't. It is decidedly unfavorable to a new player and even less favorable to a newbie partner. 

The chief reason is that shamans are both the most cast-time intensive healers while also being the squishiest.

These two components are fine when alone but together they make it almost unplayable without a crutch comp like LS and WLS where your partners babysit you the entire match.

Thoughts?

Much appreciated in advance for the feedback all.

#2 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:50 AM

Thoughts?

-Cheers all

#3 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:58 PM

Pooh.

Well, if anyone gets around to tossing up a few of their personal experiences/insight into the aforementioned, that would be gangsta' as I'm slowly relearning the game, and how to counter the "meta" comps, etc.

-Thanks all

#4 Jxz

Jxz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/0/2/0/.

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:41 PM

you're not playing the shaman well enough if you're having issues such as those. Skrimish and Battleground also PVE to reflect personal skill over LFG.

Posted Image

what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<