Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:27. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

"Top" Healers in Arena setting these days? (7.2.5)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/0/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:07 AM

*Don't understand what's going on w/ these forums lately, and the inability to make threads, etc.*

Here is the original thread copy/pasted, etc:

G'Evening Gents,

As I've said in several of my recent threads/posts, covering a rather wide-range of topics, I'm curious these days as to a few questions regarding the current state of healers in an Arena setting, and I suppose rBG's to a lesser extent.  Also, I realize the majority of these answers are subjective to those that are currently climbing the rankings/ladders respectively, but I'm simply looking for the "general" consensus (meta?) of each, etc., which is why I'm throwing the term "best" around loosely.

Questions as follows:

1. The "best" single-target healer in arena currently is & why?

2. The "best" healer survivability/"o shiiite" focused/trained recovers w/o being babysat by teammates?

3. The "best" healer "kit" or team viability/utility, etc?

4. The "best" healer or most "flexible" when thrust into either 2's or 3's in LFG, etc?

Although dated, and being gone for so many years, I obviously cannot speak to the reliability/accuracy of these statements, none the less I'm linking a thread comment from the WoW Forums in regards to Shaman heals in Arena/PvP, etc:

Pikkarg<Blood And Plunder>110 Orc Shaman127305238 posts

Feb 5, 2016

It isn't going to be a fun spec to play currently because of how easy it is to blow up. Even the top resto shamans in 3s sometimes have WTF moments. 

I can't imagine it in LFG. Really can't. It is decidedly unfavorable to a new player and even less favorable to a newbie partner. 

The chief reason is that shamans are both the most cast-time intensive healers while also being the squishiest.

These two components are fine when alone but together they make it almost unplayable without a crutch comp like LS and WLS where your partners babysit you the entire match.

Thoughts?

Much appreciated in advance for the feedback all.

#2 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:50 AM

Thoughts?

-Cheers all

#3 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:58 PM

Pooh.

Well, if anyone gets around to tossing up a few of their personal experiences/insight into the aforementioned, that would be gangsta' as I'm slowly relearning the game, and how to counter the "meta" comps, etc.

-Thanks all

#4 Jxz

Jxz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/0/2/0/.

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:41 PM

you're not playing the shaman well enough if you're having issues such as those. Skrimish and Battleground also PVE to reflect personal skill over LFG.

Posted Image

what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users