• US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/1/2/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 384
  • 3v3: 1294
  • RBG: 1580

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:00 AM

Name: Terror Squad Inc
Type: Community Gaming (World of Warcraft Focused)(PvP/PvE/RP)
Server: Emerald Dream - US (RP/PvP)
Focus: PvP

Table of Contents
1) What is a community guild?
2) PvP a) Casual B) Ranked
3) PvE a) Casual B) Progression
4) Competitive
5) Twitch (Other Streaming Services)
6) RP
7) About Emerald Dream
8) About Myself
9) Closing

1)What is a Community Guild?

Others may have their own definition of this.  This is what I am seeking to accomplish and that is a place where gamers can come together and find other people to play with, whether it be casual or progression/competitive play.  We want this guild to be a place where people can come and find others to improve their gameplay or players to improve with them.  I feel like the NA PvP community can be closed off sometimes and finding players to play with (especially Alliance side) can be tough.  Whether people join the guild or not I want this to be an avenue of some sort for players to find others to play with.  The ultimate goal is to spread the guild/community across multiple servers/factions/games.  Our discord is setup with chat for all the other Blizzard games and Voice support for not only WoW but Overwatch and HotS because I realize how important cross gaming relations can be on developing a community.

2) Player vs. Player (PvP)

a) Casual PvP can often be the most enjoyable.  The most fun I have had in the past is quining into regular BGs with a group and stomping the other team.  Passion for PvP is often times build off random PvP experiences. Whether you want someone to que skirmishes with you or do some random battlegrounds, doing it with friends is always more fun.  Then there is always WPvP as well, which Emerald Dream has plenty of and it can be ruthless at times.

B) I have only recently taking on the liking of climbing the latter. The issue I see now is finding people to play with. Pugging can be painful since most people don't seem to have the patience to go past a single loss.  RBGs in general can be hard to put together especially Alliance side. Strictly by numbers Horde side has a much bigger pool of PvPers.  My goal here is to give people a community to join and find other players to play with without having to rely on LFG.  It's a good way to get more people involved in the ladder and upping participation which is needed.

3) Player vs. Environment (PvE)

a) Casual PvP to me is anything from old world content to Heroic Dungeons. Goals here is give people an avenue to go run old world content either to level, for mog or for achievements.  It's always more enjoyable with friends!

B) In my original recruitment thread I didn't put much emphasis on PvE.  However I did some thinking and relized how silly this was.  PvE is the biggest part of the game and has the biggest player base. The goal here is to give people a community where they can find a group to progress with whether it be 1 time a week or 4 times a week.  I myself am not much of a PvE'er but have enjoyed it at times.  Also PvE is also an avenue to get PvPers and PvE'ers together and helps build cross content play.  I will be looking for people to be involved and be leaders in this aspect as far as recruiting.

4) Competitive

There are organizations out there that support Pro WoW players.  The biggest and most supportive is Method. They are the model organization when it comes to supporting Pro WoW players. My goal in this aspect it to give players who are Pro or others means to help them get involved in WoW Esports. This is a huge year for WoW Esports from a tournament aspect with tournaments running nearly every weekend. Hopefully it will grow from here and prize pools will also continue to grow.  What most people don't know is anyone can sign up for these. So whether you are in it to win, to gain experience or just to take a shot at your favorite player we want to help support you in that aspect. I have make some connections with some people who are heavily involved in the WoW Esports scene so I feel like I can get information needed.  Plus the ultimate goal, which is far off, is to build into an organization like Method who can give players access to sponsors etc to help advance their WoW goals.

5) Twitch (Other Streaming Services)

Another thing is to help support players who wish to share their gaming experience with other through streaming services. The goal here is to help promote players and make them aware and maybe help them grow their viewership.  This will be a community goal from Terror Squad Inc to help promote players who stream. We have a few already who stream regularly.  I personally have make sure to at least tweet out when they are live etc when I can.

twitch.tv/ShowtimeFFV is our resident Gladiator Druid and HotS player

twitch.tv/iliketurtlesxo is our resident Holy Pally who continues to push up the ladder and work with other Pro WoW players and promotes them.

6) Role Playing

I realize not everyone role plays and in fact is a smaller base of players. However, as a person that has always at minimum casually RP'd and enjoyed writing up fun RP stories at times involving my characters I feel like the RP community needs to be included, which I did not do in my original recruitment thread. Not to mention the guild resides on Emerald Dream an RP/PvP server with a long history of RP fueled WPvP rivalries.  So I want to make sure to include RPers and give them a community to come too as well.  Plus RPers PvP and PvE obviously. I will be looking for people to lead this aspect as well.

7) About Emerald Dream

So as you have noticed the server I reside on is Emerald Dream. I have played on Emerald Dream since its creation in 2005 and although I have had brief stints on other servers have always called it home. It's a server with not only a rich history of RP fueled WPvP but PvP in general. We have had rank 1 teams and players for a long time. Some are recognized some not. DKs who ranked #1 in the world to Warlocks competing for Blizzcon. It has also always been a balanced server when it comes to faction which most servers with PvP enabled can never claim. It is cutthroat but inviting. Biggest thing is even if you don't RP, respect RP.

8) About Myself

I feel like a little background is needed. I have been playing WoW since its inception. I have dedicated countless hours to the game and characters. My love for PvP started late Vanilla when a friend of mine dragged me into an AV for quest. I have never been a player that has achieved high ratings nor sought to. However recently I have watched top players on Twitch and love watching WoW esports in general and not only wish to improve myself to learn the game and its mechanics better but also contribute to WoW esports either by playing or otherwise. I just want to be involved. So this project is something I am enjoying working on, even if it may develop slowly. But I have received support from people I didn't expect too.

9) Closing

Community has always been big to me. Community is what made this game a passion and it is what continues me playing. However, as the game has its ups and down I have also seen a decline in community. This has a lot to due with declining player base and server deaths but also some other things. The one I wish to focus on is the PvP community. I see a lot of divide and disdain within the community. What I hope to accomplish is to build a guild community where mutual respect no matter what a person's skill level is. Everyone can learn from everyone in my eyes. Everyone can contribute.

I have been in search of guild that had the same community atmosphere of a guild I was heavily involved in from TBC to early WotLK. I have also made many attempts to recreate it myself including even trying to resurrect the guild itself with no success. So if this doesn't pan out I won't be super disappointed. However I still want to give it one last attempt. Whether good or not WoW has been a big part of my life for more than a decade. Being a very serious hobby. As much as I wish my job could be WoW related at this point it's not realistic. So what I describe above isn't something I can do completely on my own. This isn't something I will give up on in a week or even months. So I am hoping I find people to help me build a guild community that works!

Feel free to contact me at my realID Aliatril#11653 or on twitter @Aliatril & @TerrorSquadInc

Also I do run events such as RBG cap groups and have other things planned in the future. Join our Discord channel to see when I run them. I also post them on Twitter as well. discord.gg/StjAPUZ

Thanks again!

#2 JusticarAliatril

JusticarAliatril
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:18 AM

Few more transfers/members and more support from the community! Thanks everyone!

#3 JusticarAliatril

JusticarAliatril
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:52 AM

Keep an eye out for guild events soon as well!

#4 JusticarAliatril

JusticarAliatril
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:10 PM

I continue to try and insert myself as a community leader in the PvP community. This is an opportunity for me to do so as a starting block!  I am very passionate about the Twitch community and the gamers who use it. #supportgamers

#5 JusticarAliatril

JusticarAliatril
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:06 PM

Update: Terror Squad Inc is looking to expand to these servers in the coming month:

Zul'jin (Horde & Alliance)
Wyrmrest Accord (Horde and Alliance)
Tichondrius (Horde and Alliance)
Darkspear (Horde and Alliance)
Sargeras (Horde and Alliance)
Emerald Dream (Horde, original guild already Alliance)

Stay tuned!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<