Photo

"Best" 2's teammate options w/ my Resto. Sham?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/0/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1373
  • 3v3: 1492
  • RBG: 1122
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

G'Afternoon all,

Looking for a couple quick suggestions/feedback on which 2's partner(s) I should look for to roll with my Resto. Shaman in said bracket, thanks in advance all.

Much appreciated,

-Cheers

#2 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:56 PM

***EDIT***

Apologies, I meant the 3's bracket as well; the top choices for teammates, etc.

Thanks all.

#3 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:52 PM

bump.

#4 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:31 PM

boooomp.

#5 Jkfaked

Jkfaked
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:45 AM

As of patch 7.2.5 you want to play with arms warr, unholy DK or affl. lock if you want to play the most viable setups for 2s. A feral can also work.

Looking at the ladder and playing @ around 2.3/4 mmr myself I find that the most comfortable right now. Feels scumbag, but if you cant beat them, join them.

If you want to be innovative you can always try something else, like playing with boom/WW/destro & coordinate oneshots.

GL

#6 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:07 PM

As of patch 7.2.5 you want to play with arms warr, unholy DK or affl. lock if you want to play the most viable setups for 2s. A feral can also work.

Looking at the ladder and playing @ around 2.3/4 mmr myself I find that the most comfortable right now. Feels scumbag, but if you cant beat them, join them.

If you want to be innovative you can always try something else, like playing with boom/WW/destro & coordinate oneshots.

GL

Perfect.  One of my pals that's playing casually with me atm, has his DK benched, so we'll probably just lift him off the shelf so we can start rolling that.

Thank you much for the insight Good Sir, much appreciated

&

Cheers as always.

#7 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:24 PM

GL

P.S.  How's my spec look by chance?  (As I leveled, I've been primarily running it in BG's during solo-Q, etc.)

https://worldofwarcr...talents=2111231

I've also read, that our stat priority should look something along the lines of:  Vers > Mast > Haste > Crit  ... correct?  Overall, I was running a Haste build, but apparently, according to this, I was doing it wrong; oh well.

Thanks again in advance for the clarification.

#8 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:35 AM

P.S.S. (lol...)

As of 7.2.5 what 3's comps would you suggest centering around me rolling Resto, etc?

-Cheers

#9 Konjunktur

Konjunktur
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1770

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:26 PM

For 3s you (obviously) want a Healer/DPS/DPS comp. 

It's a lot easier if you start by going by which comps are good with the healer, and as you said you play Shaman.

Historically all these Resto Shaman comps have performed well at one point or another:

WLS

WWLS
FLS

RLS

Shadowplay

LSD2

The common theme is generally "LS", basically you can almost always be certain to reach success if you guys manage to play XLS well. LS has not been the strongest 2s comp historically but it has also not been the worst - but LS has been the top (or possibly second only to MD) 3s combination in the game. Currently however WLS (3s) and LS (2s) are strong comps (as far as Im aware, but Im not super active these days).

But, with that said, XLS is all about survival (while dishing out a lot of AoE pressure through DoTs - while the X finishes targets off, especially the affliction version). So don't expect to see great results before you guys get really comfortable with your classes/the comps. Basically, if you don't know how to survive you won't win (even at somewhat low mmr) whereas some other comps might do decently because they can win early on - XLS does not, because it requires dampening/long games to score kills (historically at least).

#10 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:58 AM

For 3s you (obviously) want a Healer/DPS/DPS comp. 

It's a lot easier if you start by going by which comps are good with the healer, and as you said you play Shaman.

Historically all these Resto Shaman comps have performed well at one point or another:

WLS

WWLS
FLS

RLS

Shadowplay

LSD2

The common theme is generally "LS", basically you can almost always be certain to reach success if you guys manage to play XLS well. LS has not been the strongest 2s comp historically but it has also not been the worst - but LS has been the top (or possibly second only to MD) 3s combination in the game. Currently however WLS (3s) and LS (2s) are strong comps (as far as Im aware, but Im not super active these days).

But, with that said, XLS is all about survival (while dishing out a lot of AoE pressure through DoTs - while the X finishes targets off, especially the affliction version). So don't expect to see great results before you guys get really comfortable with your classes/the comps. Basically, if you don't know how to survive you won't win (even at somewhat low mmr) whereas some other comps might do decently because they can win early on - XLS does not, because it requires dampening/long games to score kills (historically at least).

Appreciate.

Yeah, I'm going to look around for a decent Warr & Lock, and see what we can work out.

On side note, as I mentioned/asked "Jkfaked," perhaps you could lend some insight into a few more quick questions I have:

1. How's my spec?

According to this:  http://www.skill-cap...ts-compositions  I've got a few things off it seems; are those honor talents they have picked correct as well?

2. I've read stat priority for us (Resto.) is:  Vers. > Mast. > Haste > Crit?  I was running a Haste build, but as I said, apparently I was doing it wrong lol.

Thanks again for the input.

#11 Konjunktur

Konjunktur
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1770

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:56 PM

Appreciate.

Yeah, I'm going to look around for a decent Warr & Lock, and see what we can work out.

On side note, as I mentioned/asked "Jkfaked," perhaps you could lend some insight into a few more quick questions I have:

1. How's my spec?

According to this:  http://www.skill-cap...ts-compositions  I've got a few things off it seems; are those honor talents they have picked correct as well?

2. I've read stat priority for us (Resto.) is:  Vers. > Mast. > Haste > Crit?  I was running a Haste build, but as I said, apparently I was doing it wrong lol.

Thanks again for the input.

1. Dno, Im not a resto shaman expert (or shaman expert at all for that matter). I'd go with whatever they've said you should play on skill-capped (read the text in the article for when to switch). Eventually you'll get good enough to make decisions yourself on when to switch talents.

2. Your stat build doesn't matter whatsoever, in instanced PvP you just grab whatever is the highest ilvl (even if it has fucking strength on it). Read up on "stat template" if you need more info.

Oh also, don't reroll just because your comp is no longer t1/fotm. You will never reach "the top" if you keep swapping class/spec all the time (same with your partners) because now XYZ is op and your comp got nerfed (WLS will get nerfed soon). Just make sure to play classes/specs that have historically performed well over a long period of time, together.

Edited by Konjunktur, 28 June 2017 - 03:56 PM.

#12 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:46 AM

1. Dno, Im not a resto shaman expert (or shaman expert at all for that matter). I'd go with whatever they've said you should play on skill-capped (read the text in the article for when to switch). Eventually you'll get good enough to make decisions yourself on when to switch talents.

2. Your stat build doesn't matter whatsoever, in instanced PvP you just grab whatever is the highest ilvl (even if it has fucking strength on it). Read up on "stat template" if you need more info.

Oh also, don't reroll just because your comp is no longer t1/fotm. You will never reach "the top" if you keep swapping class/spec all the time (same with your partners) because now XYZ is op and your comp got nerfed (WLS will get nerfed soon). Just make sure to play classes/specs that have historically performed well over a long period of time, together.

Awesome, thank you for said insight.

I will definitely simply have to play in order to get a solid feel for the current state of Arena, etc.  And I won't re-roll due to losses & what not; I literally just stepped into arena yesterday, and I'm obviously racking up the "L's;"  I'm sitting at about a 50% win ration at the moment, out of 20 or so games (2's), I've won about 10 or so.  I'm also running random queues with peeps who aren't exactly complementing the team dynamic.

Appreciate the input.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

<