• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2599
  • RBG: 384

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:26 PM

Always felt like there were 2 types of "good" video game players. 

First is guy who just understands game fundementally and he can break it down in a very short time. People like this can be good in almost any type of video game. 

2nd just plays shit ton of games and eventually learns scripts. 

I remember when flynn started playing league he was clueless 0 moba experiance. After 2-3 months guy was high d1/low challenger, which is pretty insane considering theres players who play 10 hours a day for years without reaching anywhere near that level. 

Same goes for wow players id say most top current r1 players could easy play tbc/wrath/cata and do very well (same with old players that wanna invest time in legion). 

#82 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1851
  • 3v3: 2707
  • RBG: 1884

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:42 PM

Always felt like there were 2 types of "good" video game players. 

First is guy who just understands game fundementally and he can break it down in a very short time. People like this can be good in almost any type of video game. 

2nd just plays shit ton of games and eventually learns scripts. 

I remember when flynn started playing league he was clueless 0 moba experiance. After 2-3 months guy was high d1/low challenger, which is pretty insane considering theres players who play 10 hours a day for years without reaching anywhere near that level. 

Same goes for wow players id say most top current r1 players could easy play tbc/wrath/cata and do very well (same with old players that wanna invest time in legion). 

no since u literally have to play fotm and play farning simulator

Edited by Itsnel, 26 June 2017 - 04:43 PM.

#83 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:33 PM

I think the 2k elite gear, 2200 tabard, 2400 enchant have some sort of sense but the Prestige mounts should instead be awarded, maybe, for higher rating or something.

Prestige rewards are fine to be honest, mmo's should have some mindless and useless grind (Prestige rewards are like Vanilla ranking system, just a "Who plays more gain more.", but even a casual player can have the prestige rewards, compared to Vanilla.), as well as other rewards, which shouldn't be rewarded by time, but more by "skill" (Or whatever you want to call it.)

I do think the arena rewards are outdated, glad/titles being rewarded at the end are ok for a long term goal, but all in between are... quite lacking. When you reach the point to have the enchant/tabard, there is nothing more.

PvP need better rewards, better incentives to play it. Incentives that even a PvE guy can be attracted to.

Posted Image

#84 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:41 PM

Classes were fun in mop coz you could actually outplay people and do better than random joe. 

Also "new wave" of r1 players are alot better than old r1 players, that should be pretty obvious considering game has been out for this long. Historically in every competitive game players get better over time (eg league, dota, cs, sc2, etc..) 

You can even watch oldschool vides most "r1/pro players" were awful compared to current ones in terms of raw "skill" (not saying they were worse obv it was alot different playing game back then without everything already being explored/streams/youtubes/guides etc).

Yea I agree with this to a point. There are players who play right now that are @ the top who would still be at the top even if sent back in time. I don't think it's fair to use it as a static sentiment though. I know I play on NA (trash region Kappa) - but there are loads of Rank1 players from this expansion who are downright terrible at the game but abused comps being quite strong for their time.

You really didn't see that in WotLK/Cataclysm. People who got rank1 were at least actually considered top players (unless its like the most random dead BG's but even still most of those were just filled with Filo and Snutz sells). But the top players right now who stay @ the top are better overall than most of the Glad level players from the early seasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<