• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1757
  • 3v3: 2326

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

Even if s14/15 weren't that bad compared to wod/legion you guys are probably forgetting how frustrating it was watching the game die back then, now we've mostly accepted it.

And for the record season 10 was the best, most balanced pvp era this game ever had with 7/8/11 not far behind

The game died in cata, not in mop.

#43 zzatbrah

zzatbrah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 956
  • RBG: 1657

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:17 AM

ghostcrawler designed s5 dk just sayin

in hindsight it was really easy to see why dks got a lot of the shit they did.

if you think about what dps classes got used in bc and which didn't, it was pretty obvious that you needed mortal strike to be relevant.

you can kinda see..or at least i can kinda see why they gave them so many absurd buttons. the only thing that was super troll was the self bres+ partner revive. the game was still really undeveloped and had all sorts of stupid shit by teh end of bc/early wrath.

the largest issue was that everyone said the numbers were way too absurd(during pvp) in ptr and beta and they didn't do anything but i can kinda understand why too. i had i think the US 4th guild on my server and i was talking to the guild leader in season 5 and he said dks were really bad as a class in pve environment (at the time). so nerfing them was a hard choice i imagine for them if they were struggling in the part of the game that 85% of their playerbase played exclusively

defending him aside that guy was a damn retard. slowly ruining league too, ruined age of empires

Edited by zzatbrah, 19 June 2017 - 12:19 AM.

#44 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • 3v3: 1420

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:59 PM

in hindsight it was really easy to see why dks got a lot of the shit they did.
if you think about what dps classes got used in bc and which didn't, it was pretty obvious that you needed mortal strike to be relevant.

you can kinda see..or at least i can kinda see why they gave them so many absurd buttons. the only thing that was super troll was the self bres+ partner revive. the game was still really undeveloped and had all sorts of stupid shit by teh end of bc/early wrath.

the largest issue was that everyone said the numbers were way too absurd(during pvp) in ptr and beta and they didn't do anything but i can kinda understand why too. i had i think the US 4th guild on my server and i was talking to the guild leader in season 5 and he said dks were really bad as a class in pve environment (at the time). so nerfing them was a hard choice i imagine for them if they were struggling in the part of the game that 85% of their playerbase played exclusively

defending him aside that guy was a damn retard. slowly ruining league too, ruined age of empires

Mind explaining why you think he is ruining league?

#45 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:05 PM

hero classes were originally intended to be overpowered for their themed xpack (i'm sure that this was some of the earlier stages of influences by activision blizzard). s5 dk was a small price to pay for the class design of the rest of the classes in WOTLK.

#46 Fils

Fils
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 670
  • 3v3: 1300

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

The game died in cata, not in mop.

this

#47 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • LocationAustria

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

Mind explaining why you think he is ruining league?

if they're actually changing yasuo just bc silver people can't deal with him then they might aswell hire holinka

Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:41 PM

if they're actually changing yasuo just bc silver people can't deal with him then they might aswell hire holinka

Let's... let's just say fuck Yasuo. xD 

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#49 Konjunktur

Konjunktur

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:27 PM

If this game (PvP) is to have any sort of chance whatsoever going forward (next expansion etc) we need to have an unbiased ex-pro PvPer known for his intelligence as the next PvP lead developer. Someone like Azael, Hoodrych or Talbadar.

Also, Blizzard needs to let said person make an actual difference. They need to let that person add more PvP specific talents/perks (similar to what I think JimJim suggested a year ago or more) and they need to redesign the ones we've already got. PvP needs to be designed for PvPers and not as something "for PvErs when they're bored". That design mentality is only going to kill PvP (as made evident by WoD and now Legion). There needs to be more depth and less retarded pruning, simplifying (such as new grounding totem and spell reflection) and "baking" things together. PvP class design needs to be fun for PvPers.

Edited by Konjunktur, 21 June 2017 - 09:15 AM.

#50 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

If you actually think silver players can play yasuo to the ability that he is undealable then you need to make a smurf or play a normal game and see what silvers do with yasuo.

#51 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:59 PM

similar to what I think JimJim suggested a year ago or more

Damn, you remember that after all the sh.its i threw here :o

hey need to redesign the ones we've already got

More PvP rows of talent which target one spell and which should looks like that would be good for me : (Basically what Diablo 3 tried to do with spells, but with less... drastic changes)

Let's imagine, Hammer of Justice : 45s CD - 10y range - Stun 5s - Magical effect

1) Increase the range by 10y, and the cd by 15s (Accessibility choice, better range, easy to use, but longer cooldown.)

2) Increase the CD by 15s, but using it from behind a target reduce the cooldown by 30s. ("Skill choice", longer cooldown, risk/reward)

3) Reduce the duration by 2s and turns it into an horror effect instead of a stun one. (Versatility one, more choice of classes to play with)

You do that to a lot of spells (= Add a bonus/malus talent, so there is no "Ok, i have no choice but taking this" - Looking at you 100% sacrifice -), you add "PvP perks" like "exclusive" spells for PvP situations - that pve wouldn't have - (Like the old trash buffs) and you have a customizable character with more spells to use in PvP, and different from characters to characters (If done correctly). And voilà.

About the incentive to PvP, well... that's another story.

(I'm an old school player of old RPG like NwN, Planescape Torment and Baldur's gate, and there is nothing more exciting for me than customize my character)

Posted Image

#52 zzu

zzu
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1346
  • 3v3: 2831

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

reminder: wow has the potential to be rly fun

#53 Konjunktur

Konjunktur

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:13 AM

Went back and played some MoP S15... damn, if only retail could be anywhere close to that. Instead all I'm doing is spamming damage using an extremely clunky PvE rotation (PS procs used in dps rotation - in PvP, who forgot to think there?) and instant CC (on the wrong DR lol). All without any of the finesse that was Powershifting, Tranquility, Barkskin, Symbiosis (although I thought this one sucked major D as it limited the number of viable comps severely), Innervate, Mark of the Wild (ie buffs to maintain), Nature's Grasp, Treants, Typhoon, HotW, Cyclone, Faerie Fire, Soothe, Disorienting Roar, Cenarion Ward and Hibernate.

Damn, you remember that after all the sh.its i threw here :o

More PvP rows of talent which target one spell and which should looks like that would be good for me : (Basically what Diablo 3 tried to do with spells, but with less... drastic changes)
Let's imagine, Hammer of Justice : 45s CD - 10y range - Stun 5s - Magical effect
1) Increase the range by 10y, and the cd by 15s (Accessibility choice, better range, easy to use, but longer cooldown.)
2) Increase the CD by 15s, but using it from behind a target reduce the cooldown by 30s. ("Skill choice", longer cooldown, risk/reward)
3) Reduce the duration by 2s and turns it into an horror effect instead of a stun one. (Versatility one, more choice of classes to play with)

You do that to a lot of spells (= Add a bonus/malus talent, so there is no "Ok, i have no choice but taking this" - Looking at you 100% sacrifice -), you add "PvP perks" like "exclusive" spells for PvP situations - that pve wouldn't have - (Like the old trash buffs) and you have a customizable character with more spells to use in PvP, and different from characters to characters (If done correctly). And voilà.

About the incentive to PvP, well... that's another story.

(I'm an old school player of old RPG like NwN, Planescape Torment and Baldur's gate, and there is nothing more exciting for me than customize my character)

Yeah I'm not sure I agree with you exactly on what these perks and new talents should consist of, but the italicized and bolded parts I definitely agree with!

Edited by Konjunktur, 23 June 2017 - 01:17 AM.

#54 Call Me Teranaye

Call Me Teranaye
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2969
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 1734
  • RBG: 2079

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:41 AM

Went back and played some MoP S15... damn, if only retail could be anywhere close to that. Instead all I'm doing is spamming damage using an extremely clunky PvE rotation (PS procs used in dps rotation - in PvP, who forgot to think there?) and instant CC (on the wrong DR lol). All without any of the finesse that was Powershifting, Tranquility, Barkskin, Symbiosis (although I thought this one sucked major D as it limited the number of viable comps severely), Innervate, Mark of the Wild (ie buffs to maintain), Nature's Grasp, Treants, Typhoon, HotW, Cyclone, Faerie Fire, Soothe, Disorienting Roar, Cenarion Ward and Hibernate.

The good ol' times sir! :(

#55 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:27 AM

Mop

Good ole days

What?

Wait... what?

#56 Blexone

Blexone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1757
  • 3v3: 2326

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:22 AM

Mop
Good ole days
What?
Wait... what?

Compared to what we have now? Yes

#57 merifyo

merifyo
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Demonology 1/1/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 2606
  • RBG: 1881

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

enjoy legion http://plays.tv/vide...e046f51b/rm2k17

#58 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:51 PM

reminder: wow has the potential to be rly fun

vXMN9uF.png

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#59 Maitopurkki

Maitopurkki
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline
  • LocationTurku )))

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

vXMN9uF.png

Pelaatko outlandil?

Posted Image

sadly pve in this season can carry u easily :(

#60 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:48 PM

Compared to what we have now? Yes

Well I mean its probably slightly better to live in North Korea than let's say it was in Auschwitz but I don't think anyone is should be calling either "the good ole days".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<