• Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 1/0/0/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1526
  • 3v3: 2227
  • RBG: 576

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:04 AM

This game has been on a constant decline since the Activision Blizzard merge. GC was the frontfigure of that show, took the most popular game in the world and turned it into kiddo daddy pays for my videogame trash, where everything had to be dumbed down and accessible, because they figured they would make more money out of it that way.

They killed hardcore competitive pve at the start of Wotlk (I was part of the world first races at the time, going from Sunwell Plateau to the absolute joke of Naxx25/10 and those other bosses), and I've seen pvp heading the same way ever since. One big leap down for each new expansion released.

Hype, promises, disappointment. I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

#22 latturalol

latturalol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1427
  • 3v3: 2948
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1558

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:57 AM

You guys are forgetting gc had 0 control of actual stats/spell design etc, everything was made for pve. 

But in legion this retard had acces to change stats to any ability/spec/class he could also add abilities/extra talents for pvp environment its actually sad how he managed to make the game this boring and unbalanced at the same time. 

He thought adaptation/relentless is a good idea for the game, just let that sink in. 

He didnt even have to balance around pve gear -.- Blizz couldve literally picked up any wow player above 2k exp and he would probably make a better desigend pvp game

this is exactly what ive been saying when people say ghostcrawler was bad he literally had nothing to work with and did a better job than holinka who had all that stuff provided, when you can't balance with pvp templates and a whole list of talents that only work in pvp one has to question what the fuck his doing good move by blizzard maybe 5 years too late but hey lets hope for the best

edit: this is kinda funny too 7adbf1fd25.png

Edited by latturalol, 16 June 2017 - 05:59 AM.

c19aae50fb.png

#23 Imtaz

Imtaz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/0/1/1/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2519
  • RBG: 1895
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:42 AM

Wouldn't be surprised if Fearless Gladiator Bajheera steps up to take his place

#24 doublejump

doublejump
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Havoc 1/2/2/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1661
  • 3v3: 2069
  • RBG: 1706

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:51 AM

Wouldn't be surprised if Fearless Gladiator Bajheera steps up to take his place

at least he plays the game... i swear, anybody but Lore, Dmachine or Rich Campbell and it will be better than it has been.

#25 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:15 AM

we will see real changes only in next xpac, not sooner, imo

oh definitely, make sure you pre-order the collectors edition, clearly now that Holinka is gone but all the people who actually make decisions remain the next expansion will be absolutely amazing ;)

when you can't balance

balance is irrelevant when balance is not the problem with legion pvp

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 16 June 2017 - 08:17 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#26 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1851
  • 3v3: 2707
  • RBG: 1884

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:54 AM

oh definitely, make sure you pre-order the collectors edition, clearly now that Holinka is gone but all the people who actually make decisions remain the next expansion will be absolutely amazing ;)

balance is irrelevant when balance is not the problem with legion pvp

what u mean balance is not the problem? some classes are literally prouned down so hard that they have nothing unique and its best to queue with whomever does the most dps/hps

#27 Capstone

Capstone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/0/1/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1521
  • 3v3: 2346
  • RBG: 2143

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

bless

#28 FeralNisse

FeralNisse
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 575
  • 3v3: 2482
  • 5v5: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:08 PM

what u mean balance is not the problem? some classes are literally prouned down so hard that they have nothing unique and its best to queue with whomever does the most dps/hps

Pretty sure he meant that balance is not the problem when every class is booring as fuck to play

#29 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:12 PM

:duckers:

#30 waniqutie

waniqutie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1302
  • 3v3: 2261
  • RBG: 767

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:57 PM

good. :)

#31 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:37 PM

you realise that what you have just described has absolutely nothing to do with balance, right?

Pretty sure he meant that balance is not the problem when every class is booring as fuck to play

thank you

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 16 June 2017 - 02:39 PM.

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#32 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • LocationAustria

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:54 PM

so new game inc or?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 Odrareg

Odrareg
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/2/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1960
  • 3v3: 2151
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:16 PM

anyone who's any relevant please propose them on twitter or something (with actual harassment) to introduce a simple change for pvp:

increase flat healing and dmg

reduce the power of dmg / healing cooldowns

i've always been strongly convinced that this simple change can mean the world.  if you allow a good healer to outheal the enemy cds cause he fake casts and positions himself well, rather than countering enemy cds with his own cooldowns, then the game becomes 10 times better.

something is wrong when you fake both the enemy dps and you still die regardless of spamming heals.

last but not least we have the obvious problem of the huge lack of spells to press during arena games but that's for next expansion

Edited by Odrareg, 16 June 2017 - 06:17 PM.

#34 chobi0ne

chobi0ne
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/0/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1789
  • 3v3: 2727
  • 5v5: 1651
  • RBG: 1144

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

Funny thing is that I probably will preorder next xpac, even though not collectors edition ;< Instant boost to 110? Yes please.

#35 merifyo

merifyo
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Demonology 1/1/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 2606
  • RBG: 1881

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:48 AM

did they nerf concordance ????? Why did i spend many hours to get traits !

ok 52 trait gives 1600 int 52+ traits give 120int per trait

Edited by merifyo, 17 June 2017 - 11:32 AM.

#36 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

Funny thing is that I probably will preorder next xpac, even though not collectors edition ;< Instant boost to 110? Yes please.

and people like you wonder why the game stays shit :)

#37 Mish

Mish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1567
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1684

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:02 PM

Its done finally. Gz on being my first and only. :)

XVw0ogj.jpg

#38 pharrelle

pharrelle
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/0/././.

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:05 PM

Its done finally. Gz on being my first and only. :)

XVw0ogj.jpg

took only over 3000 Posts and almost a decade of shitposting. 

SKrRBu7.jpg

#39 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:59 PM

took only over 3000 Posts and almost a decade of shitposting. 

;)

#40 Phatkat

Phatkat
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 2262
  • 3v3: 2367
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1690

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:29 PM

Well, this changes nothing. If I had to bet, they probably won't even hire a new dedi pvp designer. You guys need to face the fact that this game will never ever improve, even marginally, from a balance/design/mechanics perspective. It's all downhill since mop came out.

Although you guys putting blame on Holinka and GC are missing the full picture too. Like someone said, GC was working within way more constraints but because he understood the game and meta concepts to a decent enough degree we didn't have too much bullshit until mop. It's a matter of the devs not understanding what they're doing with the overarching systems design when it comes to pvp. When mop came, they added how many new spells, hundreds? And moved more toward making powerful 2/3/5 min. CDs. The game because mostly about trading CDs efficiently, not neutral game plays.

Used to be that people would actually die when you were just pveing and nobody had CDs popped which made positioning and things like kicks/deathing/grounding/etc etc etc way more impactful. Mana mattered and dispels/trashbuffs mattered. Everyone knew what abilities people had and which spec you were playing and it put everyone on an even playing field which was way easier to balance, it's not interesting trying to find out or predict which of 3 talents the enemy has, especially when 90% of the time it's obvious if you have sufficient game knowledge of every class like any good player should. So in that sense mop talent design was probably the biggest atrocity to happen since 9/11. Mop design is what killed the pvp in this game. Even if s14/15 weren't that bad compared to wod/legion you guys are probably forgetting how frustrating it was watching the game die back then, now we've mostly accepted it.

And for the record season 10 was the best, most balanced pvp era this game ever had with 7/8/11 not far behind

twitch.tv/phatgnat

Ring of Valor did nothing wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<