• Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/0/2/2/./.
  • 2v2: 288
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:44 PM

Eh all,

As the title states, I'm currently in the market to purchase a new mouse to primarily roll in WoW.  As we all have heard over the years ad nauseam, "Razer Naga" is apparently the gift from God himself (LOL), when it comes to gaming mice geared towards WoW.  I realize personal preference is a heavy factor, however I'm still trying to discern which mice tend to rise towards the top of the list when it comes to overall standards & performance, etc.

(*Mods/Admin, apologies in advance if we're not allowed to post these few links, simply trying to get suggestions from the respective community*)

I've read a plethora of reviews on the "top" gaming mice aimed towards WoW, and these are the three I've narrowed the list down to based on the information given (from most expensive, to least):

I.  http://www.tomsguide...eview-2558.html

II.  https://www.newegg.c...N82E16826153207

III.  https://www.newegg.c...N82E16826104674

I look forward to your feedback & input on which mouse/mice you find that outshine the rest.

Much appreciated all,

-Cheers

#2 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2046
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:02 PM

I've had your first mouse for 3 years or so and it's pretty good. Though I paid only 70 or 60e for it. Thats some special edition whats expensive as fuck. Try google razer naga 2014.

#3 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

I've had your first mouse for 3 years or so and it's pretty good. Though I paid only 70 or 60e for it. Thats some special edition whats expensive as fuck. Try google razer naga 2014.

Okay cool,

The first one (Naga Epic Chroma), is damned expensive lol; think it's worth it?

Also, I hear/have read, that wireless mice are NOT for serious MMO (WoW) players, thoughts?

P.S. The 2014 you posted has an overall 4/5 stars on almost all site reviews I've read, not too bad for the price it seems.  What was the biggest selling point for you on this one by chance?

-Cheers

#4 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:04 PM

*buuummmpz'daisies.

#5 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:16 PM

Just finished reading a shit-ton more reviews, I'm thinking either the 'tried & true' Naga (https://www.newegg.c...N82E16826153125)

or

the Epic Chroma Edition (https://www.newegg.c...N82E16826153171)

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks again, in advance all

#6 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:12 PM

^?

Soon as I get some more feedback on these mice options I'm going to pick it up.  Input before I make the purchase would be awesome all, as the EPIC is pretty pricey & that would suck lol...

Thanks again in advance.

#7 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:27 PM

bump

#8 Cutcut

Cutcut
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 2/2/0/2/0/./.
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:08 PM

I would never pick a mouse "tuned for mmo", unless you are used to and dependant on the 9 or what not buttons on the side of it they are useless, but thats just me. 

Wireless mice are much more dependable than they were a couple years ago, even pros in CS:GO, LoL etc have started using them. So if you have the extra money and hate that cable, go for it, but you should look into the tech.

Personally I tend to steer away from Razer and Logitech, based on experience with a couple of their models, but I have also heard people using some products for years without any trouble. 

Fixxo, Cutcutpewpew, Phasm, Mixz(i)FREELOADER

#9 Fugg

Fugg
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1012
  • 3v3: 288
  • RBG: 1680
  • LocationEarth

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:09 AM

I recently found out that the sensor inside the mouse has a huge impact. There are so called “error free“ sensors like the PMW-3310. This might not be so important for mmos, as you don't have to aim, but i also play shooters and there it is definately noticable. I'm currently using Mionix Naos 7000.
Posted Image
Touch of Death

#10 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:16 PM

I would never pick a mouse "tuned for mmo", unless you are used to and dependant on the 9 or what not buttons on the side of it they are useless, but thats just me. 

Wireless mice are much more dependable than they were a couple years ago, even pros in CS:GO, LoL etc have started using them. So if you have the extra money and hate that cable, go for it, but you should look into the tech.

Personally I tend to steer away from Razer and Logitech, based on experience with a couple of their models, but I have also heard people using some products for years without any trouble. 

Cool, thanks for the heads up on wireless mice being actually worthwhile if one wants to drop the extra dosh.

Appreciate it.

#11 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:18 PM

I recently found out that the sensor inside the mouse has a huge impact. There are so called “error free“ sensors like the PMW-3310. This might not be so important for mmos, as you don't have to aim, but i also play shooters and there it is definately noticable. I'm currently using Mionix Naos 7000.

Right on, are you familiar with either of the two mice I listed by chance?

Thanks again.

#12 Fugg

Fugg
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1012
  • 3v3: 288
  • RBG: 1680
  • LocationEarth

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:53 PM

I had/have them both (Naga ultimate and logitech g600). Did not like the Naga, doesn't feel good in my hand. I liked the Logitech, it is kinda big and felt really good, rhat is why i bought the mionix naos 7000, it feels the same as the logitech for me). I know the feeling is subjective, but that is how i experienced it. Both mice had problems with the right mouse button after like half a year. I think it is because in wow i usually hold right mouse button pressed all the time and they actually use cheap parts for the button switches. I even opened them and found that the switch has a plastic terminal which is pushed down by the button and that terminal wears off in time and use. I fixed it temporarily with a peace of adhesive tape to extend the terminal again, but that also wears off pretty fast.
For sensors in those mice you have to google it. I think Logitech has its own sensors now.
Posted Image
Touch of Death

#13 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:42 AM

Cool beans,

This is the one I picked up last night (apologies if we're not supposed to embed links, etc.) 

http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=4812702

So far, it's quite nice; going to take a while for muscle-memory.

-Cheers all

#14 virtua

virtua
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 1986

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:35 PM

steelseries 

#15 chronx