• US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2301
  • 3v3: 2106
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationDying at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:48 PM

So, in the context of patch 2.4.3, what do you guys think were 'the' best com'ps'?

1. Rogue/SP

2.   Mage/SP

3               .Rogue/Disc

4.                                  Lock/Sham \   <3

5.                                  Lock/rogue /             <3 

6.               War/druid

7. Rogue/druid

8. War/sham

ty for ur thots.

Edited by Lloix, 03 May 2017 - 11:20 PM.

#2 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:42 PM

SP/Mage, SP/Rogue and mana drain stuff was best afaik?

Posted Image

#3 Vajalolx

Vajalolx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 2/0/0/0/0/1/1
  • 3v3: 2200
  • LocationKuWaiT SiDe

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:22 AM

hmmmm lock shamy i guss at the 1st ..

https://www.twitch.tv/gegzlol

Gegz , Gegzlol , Vajalol , Vajaxlol , Leenalol , Leenalolx , Shockwavex

I HAD ALIFE TO LIVE , GLAD WHEN I WANT ! TY

qhHOT.jpg
DSM9V.jpg

#4 CreepStatus

CreepStatus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • LocationGAINZville, the Gym

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:43 PM

rogue/druid was easily the best comp then

war/druid

war/sham

there were a lot of comps u could make work but those were probably the easiest and strongest to play

n after lookin at the op i feel like there was some ulterior motive for this post but i dont get it so

Edited by CreepStatus, 09 May 2017 - 11:46 PM.

#5 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:43 AM

I don't see why rogue+SP/Mage/maybeevenlock wouldn't be the best in year 2017

But if we are talking back then i guess druid rogue and druid warr =)

Edited by Knaittiz, 11 May 2017 - 07:54 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#6 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

Like you need to take into consideration how much people improvedd at the game since then. Things we take for granted these days like big CC chains or perfect CD management weren't that common at the time simply because people were much worse.

Comps that required a higher skillfloor to be played well, like Rogue/Mage surely did back then, would do much better nowadays.

Posted Image

#7 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:29 PM

Like you need to take into consideration how much people improvedd at the game since then. Things we take for granted these days like big CC chains or perfect CD management weren't that common at the time simply because people were much worse.

Comps that required a higher skillfloor to be played well, like Rogue/Mage surely did back then, would do much better nowadays.

exactly

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#8 Ktpearie

Ktpearie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1542
  • 3v3: 1044
  • Location"\_( シ)_/"

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:02 AM

Palain Warrior still worked fine. Some limitations on BoF made it tricker, but still workable.

"\_( シ)_/"

#9 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:58 AM

Palain Warrior still worked fine. Some limitations on BoF made it tricker, but still workable.

Any mage rogue poops on you and equally skilled shaman/druid + warrior will too. Haven't met hunters yet but it should be impossible. Backpedaling warlock druid almost beat us.

Atleast it farms the fuck out of disc priest / rogue. 

What server do you play on? I guess having 4pc s4 and 4pc t6 + all that other sunwell stuff would make the spec more viable

Edited by Knaittiz, 18 May 2017 - 09:07 AM.

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#10 Lloix

Lloix
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:03 AM

Any mage rogue poops on you and equally skilled shaman/druid + warrior will too. Haven't met hunters yet but it should be impossible. Backpedaling warlock druid almost beat us.

Atleast it farms the fuck out of disc priest / rogue. 

What server do you play on? I guess having 4pc s4 and 4pc t6 + all that other sunwell stuff would make the spec more viable

Are you on some russian 2.4.3 server? I can't remember the name of it but I was looking around the time I made this thread and noticed alot of characters with your name near the top of the ladder (mostly playing war/healer comps). 

#11 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:27 AM

Are you on some russian 2.4.3 server? I can't remember the name of it but I was looking around the time I made this thread and noticed alot of characters with your name near the top of the ladder (mostly playing war/healer comps). 

I'm playing on http://www.excalibur.ws/ it's not exactly a russian server although it feels like half of the server speaks cyka blyat

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#12 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/.

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:12 PM

While I definitely agree with Loix that Rogue/Mage had by far the highest skill ceiling of any comp, it was definitely and without question not the best, simply because some matchups are unecessarily hard while others, someone mentioned the m.u against Paladin healers, are almost autowins.

The best comp is the one that statistically speaking, considering equal skill, wins the most matchups, and that, in TBC arena, will always be Druid/Warr or Druid/Rogue. I would give the upperhand to Druid/Warr if it wasn't for PvE equipment, especially Black Temple equipment, which pushes the Rogues damage output a lot. These two comps have basically no autolose. The closest you get to a statistical win against Druid/Warr or Druid/Rogue would probably be Shaman/Warr or Shaman/Lock, because Purge and the high armor really works in favor of the Shaman, considering LifeBloom didn't heal all that much and was very mana-intensive. 

There are other great comps out there of course, some named by Loix: SP/Rogue, Disc/Rogue, Druid/Lock are all top-tier combos and have very balanced matchups. In some cases, like against double damage dealer compositions, they might even do better than the aforementioned druid combos. Especially Disc/Rogue is so incredibly versatile it is essentially impossible to counter. 

I highly disagree with people thinking perfect CC chains weren't a thing in TBC and that the skill level was very low. It was lower in general, but on the highest level that makes little impact.

Even on funservers you'd find people that can vanish blinds, vanish deathcoils, chain perfectly, fakecast perfectly, pummel an instant pet summon from a Warlock (looking at you Hoodrych) and execute advanced strategies. 

How many of you actually still play TBC? I'd be willing to give it a shot, TBC-era WoW is probably my favorite game ever made and will always be.

I'm playing on http://www.excalibur.ws/ it's not exactly a russian server although it feels like half of the server speaks cyka blyat

Your team is midgets gone wild, innit? Would you rec. this server for solely arena purposes? How do you like it? How's the activity, queue times? 

#13 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:18 PM

Your team is midgets gone wild, innit? Would you rec. this server for solely arena purposes? How do you like it? How's the activity, queue times? 

Yeah, that's one of my 3 teams anyway, the other two being hunter druid & lock rogue teams.

I have 1137 games played in total in under 2 months lul, so it's somewhat active I guess... although 3v3 and 5v5 are almost completely dead.

Prime time for arena is 3pm-10pm UTC which means you will find atleast 10 teams queing, it's not much, but as long as you manage to snipe a good team and get a few relaxing 10min+ matches in, it's fine. You can also find some sweet +1 point teams while sipping your morning coffee if you spam /who arena and /who ruins

XP and honor is doubled, arena points flush is every 5 days instead of 7 days, but leveling and gearing still takes a lot of fucking effort, unless you are rich af and use the pay to win shop where you can buy vengeful gear, boost to level 70 and stuff.

Most annoying thing about this server that everyone who has full brutal already keeps making new fucking teams and you either win 1 point from them or lose 30. 

If I hadn't used so many fucking hours on grinding on this server I would probably start playing on the warmanes tbc server that opened today because it will most likely be way more active in arena.

Edited by Knaittiz, 20 May 2017 - 05:25 PM.

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#14 Lloix

Lloix
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:30 PM

I don't see why rogue+SP/Mage/maybeevenlock wouldn't be the best in year 2017

But if we are talking back then i guess druid rogue and druid warr =)

I wanted to reiterate that sp+rogue was the best comp in the current year. If good players actually level on warmane you'll more than likely see this be more reflexive. The only difference between AT and a 'regular' 2.4.3 server is that AT limited the more bullshit PvE gear, which favored shit like rogue/war/druid. 

#15 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:17 AM

warmane is 5x experience, but i guess you wont be playing regardless huh? that's a shame dude, i was looking to play rogue/rogue and lose every game :/

#16 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:22 AM

greyname arena discussion on aj in 2017 lul
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#17 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:24 PM

suck my duelist dick Сука-нигер

#18 Lloix

Lloix
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:05 PM

warmane is 5x experience, but i guess you wont be playing regardless huh? that's a shame dude, i was looking to play rogue/rogue and lose every game :/

I definitely won't rush it but I'm not really playing anything now anyway. From what I've seen I'm not going to commit to some place that sells a ten dollar 'queue skip' though. I've been intermittently playing private servers (all vanilla/bc) for almost a decade now. I'd be much more inclined to play on a server where you just get a free template (with appropriate pve trinkets as the only pve gear) if you just want to play arena. I never played with glaives and it was really never an issue, stormherald was more annoying.

Rogue/rogue was memey but not the worst.

#19 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:11 AM

damn lloix i miss you and your nutty brand of paleoconservatism

its a shame AJOT is dead really, it had some good times

#20 Rodal

Rodal
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1488
  • 3v3: 2907

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:31 PM

I've played tbc retail and then 2.4.3 private servers throughout all wow expansions. I mained rsham and mostly played war/rsham or retri/rsham.

As for 2v2 I think the ultimate comp was/is dreamstate rdruid/rog. It was the only comp that had no "true" counter and could beat everything at top levels (literally top, i.e. skill capped; where it seems that neither of the teams could improve anything on the gameplay and the game ultimately came down to resists/stuns and other rngs.). Ofc it had a hard time against warrior/rdruid and disc priest/rog.

Apart from the above, the others are top as well (all of them having atleast 1 counter in the 2v2 meta):

- disc priest/rog

- warlock/rdruid

- hunter/rdruid

- rog/sp

- rog/mage

Some other considerable comps with a few counters:

- warr/rsham

- warr/hpala

- warr/rdruid

Edited by Rodal, 23 June 2017 - 09:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<