Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:30. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

mop private servers

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • LocationAustria

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:32 PM

i wonder if wow 2.0 ever happens

Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1896
  • RBG: 1144

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:51 PM

Wow you're actually so retarded its unreal, i'm sorry ur 40 years old still jerking off to tbc/wotlk pvp videos you sad fuck :D

all you have to do is look at analytics to conclude the majority of people have a similar mindset - as there was over a million active players over a 1k rating in s8 of wotlk. i can't speak for eu but somebody did the math on na it was like 120k last season or something? thats terrible compared to wotlk.

ppl look back at tbc/wotlk because they were genuinely better times for wow. sorry you were 14 when u started playing this game (which was in mop) and think that was the best because you didn't play in the actual glory days. thats not even an insult its just unfortunate that you weren't able to experience the game at its peak. 

#23 FeralNisse

FeralNisse
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 575
  • 3v3: 2482
  • 5v5: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:58 PM

all you have to do is look at analytics to conclude the majority of people have a similar mindset - as there was over a million active players over a 1k rating in s8 of wotlk. i can't speak for eu but somebody did the math on na it was like 120k last season or something? thats terrible compared to wotlk.

ppl look back at tbc/wotlk because they were genuinely better times for wow. sorry you were 14 when u started playing this game (which was in mop) and think that was the best because you didn't play in the actual glory days. thats not even an insult its just unfortunate that you weren't able to experience the game at its peak. 

Can you stop assuming stuff that u know jack shit about, i played wow since 2005 i just didnt play pvp back then cus i was pve'ing with friends, and i was 14 in wotlk whats wrong with that? I bet you didnt even play in s15 and still ur talking shit about it all the time, fucking hell u americans are so dumb

Edited by FeralNisse, 18 April 2017 - 07:59 PM.

#24 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 3v3: 1963
  • RBG: 192

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:04 PM

u mirin cause everything after wotlk sucks dick) nice mmr system in cata tho hehe

everything after wotlk sucks dick?should i remind you of s5 dks? fan of knives in s6? atc in s7-s8?no? ok.

#25 FeralNisse

FeralNisse
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:07 PM

Can all you people who praise wotlk 24/7 just kill urselfs already (drzy) all u do is shittalk anything that isnt wotlk

#26 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:12 PM

In terms of how WoW was overall in MoP, it might have been one of the worst expansions, but there's no denying that it's among the top 2 im terms of just PvP. I know there's all the rmp skillers who will love 3.3.5 til the end of days and I'm okay with that. Wrath was probably the best all around expansion because the PvE was awesome and PvP was great. But I don't think the guys that think that Wrath is #1 in terms of PvP can deny that MoP (specifically s15) isn't #2 on that list if they have played both. And same goes for me who think MoP was great in terms of PvP also can't deny that 3.3.5 was also a great patch, I just prefer the MoP one. But like I said in the start, MoP PvE and the whole expansion was incredibly shit from what I've heard and thats also why the expansion got such a bad reputation probably.

I think MoP had a bad reputation since the start because of how "different" from the usual "Warcraft" theme it was. The cinematic was "funny", the new race was not "belligerent" at all, and all the "asian" theme was a complete change. Lots of people (including me) thought this was the best "lore" expension considering how new it was, changing from the usual "Hey, undead, demons, yaaay", compare to the disappointing Lich King in Wotlk (In comparison to his perfection in Warcraft 3). Garrosh wanted to be a Horde Hitler, it was not a "Oh damn, he's corrupted". But i guess no one here cares for the lore.

And i think for PvE, people were disappointed for how long the last raid was (more than 1 year?), not the PvE itself. Maybe i'm wrong.

For PvP, it's (for me) the best xpac. Not for the balance, because, outside of delusionnal people like Rokmode or useless one like the blood elfe exDee mage, every xpac was horrible. TBC was plagued by 4 specs during 4 seasons, Wotlk was plagued by wizardcleave, PvE items, and stupid damage, Cata was a good following of that, MoP had PvE at the start, and the last season was dominated by rsham/lock/x or the eternal mage/druid/x...

And WoD, well, 1 year of the same patch with no change, facing the same comp over and over again. Of course it was easier to reroll a rdruid for your turbo or a hpal for your shatter, but come on, that was boring.

Maybe for the classes itself, even if i'm not in the school of "Oh my god, Wotlk was so complex", more in the opposite. 95% of the time, you had not more bind or the spec wasn't more complex. Maybe the 5% of situations when, indeed, you can do something impressive are gone now, but overall? Meh. I know i played mostly hpal (Which was ZzZzz), but i played rdruid too. And it was easy as fuck too.

For me, it's all the system itself.

- You can reforge your gear (Damn i miss that.)

- You can add gems to your gear.

- You can add glyphs. (Depending of classes of course, but it's still some customization.)

- I'm not really affected by that because i tend to play one character (or max 2), but you could play easily something else without farming.

- I think it's during MoP that every one in europe can queue together, and without teams. (Even if i miss the controversial name i usually pick for teams - and the loyalty of it.)

- There was a lot more variety in 3v3 compared to TBC and WoD, Legion is not that bad in term of balance, but not as good as it was. (And for that, Wotlk was good, but maybe because the mentality was different, lot less fotm back then. And teams.).

The difference between the 2 combo i said previously and the rest wasn't so huge. It was there, of course. But every spec can still perform well.

Edited by Jim_Jim, 18 April 2017 - 08:35 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:46 PM

Strictly speaking arena, mop was actually pretty fun/good.

Sure there were a few things that were broken here and there, but there were in every expansion. In wrath, you had Death Knights running around 2 shotting people with icy touch, mutilate crtting for half your health bar, druids who were not viable healers, and thats all just in the first season. Then you had prot specs running rampant later, and eventually orange weapons and full pve gear playing double healer warrior. 

Dont get me wrong, I loved wrath, and look back on it very fondly, but it was far from perfect.

In mop, you had the same shitty start as wrath, with hunter stampede 1 shotting everything, and then you had this

later we saw rise to elemental shaman and the meatball spam. But the expansion did have its good bits for sure. The most noticeable thing is that tyrannical, grevious, and prideful (moreso the later two) comp diversity was high, similar to how it was in season 9 (arguably the best season of cata), and season 8 (probably the best season of wrath). When we look at other expansions, like wod and to a lesser extent legion, we dont really see a high diversity in team competition. There is always a "best" class this or that comp, and that class will outshine all others of its type (for the most part)  

Edited by Ownu, 18 April 2017 - 09:47 PM.

#28 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

I think MoP had a bad reputation since the start because of how "different" from the usual "Warcraft" theme it was. The cinematic was "funny", the new race was not "belligerent" at all, and all the "asian" theme was a complete change. Lots of people (including me) thought this was the best "lore" expension considering how new it was, changing from the usual "Hey, undead, demons, yaaay", compare to the disappointing Lich King in Wotlk (In comparison to his perfection in Warcraft 3). Garrosh wanted to be a Horde Hitler, it was not a "Oh damn, he's corrupted". But i guess no one here cares for the lore.

And i think for PvE, people were disappointed for how long the last raid was (more than 1 year?), not the PvE itself. Maybe i'm wrong.

For PvP, it's (for me) the best xpac. Not for the balance, because, outside of delusionnal people like Rokmode or useless one like the blood elfe exDee mage, every xpac was horrible. TBC was plagued by 4 specs during 4 seasons, Wotlk was plagued by wizardcleave, PvE items, and stupid damage, Cata was a good following of that, MoP had PvE at the start, and the last season was dominated by rsham/lock/x or the eternal mage/druid/x...

And WoD, well, 1 year of the same patch with no change, facing the same comp over and over again. Of course it was easier to reroll a rdruid for your turbo or a hpal for your shatter, but come on, that was boring.

Maybe for the classes itself, even if i'm not in the school of "Oh my god, Wotlk was so complex", more in the opposite. 95% of the time, you had not more bind or the spec wasn't more complex. Maybe the 5% of situations when, indeed, you can do something impressive are gone now, but overall? Meh. I know i played mostly hpal (Which was ZzZzz), but i played rdruid too. And it was easy as fuck too.

For me, it's all the system itself.

- You can reforge your gear (Damn i miss that.)

- You can add gems to your gear.

- You can add glyphs. (Depending of classes of course, but it's still some customization.)

- I'm not really affected by that because i tend to play one character (or max 2), but you could play easily something else without farming.

- I think it's during MoP that every one in europe can queue together, and without teams. (Even if i miss the controversial name i usually pick for teams - and the loyalty of it.)

- There was a lot more variety in 3v3 compared to TBC and WoD, Legion is not that bad in term of balance, but not as good as it was. (And for that, Wotlk was good, but maybe because the mentality was different, lot less fotm back then. And teams.).

The difference between the 2 combo i said previously and the rest wasn't so huge. It was there, of course. But every spec can still perform well.

dispel with cd system. this thing alone makes it awful

#29 zzu

zzu
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1346
  • 3v3: 2831

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:36 PM

i'll try pandawow, thanks

#30 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:11 AM

blood elfe exDee mage

exDee

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#31 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:35 AM

everything after wotlk sucks dick?should i remind you of s5 dks? fan of knives in s6? atc in s7-s8?no? ok.

It's all subjective opinion. I can say the same thing about MoP classes. But yea, I'm just sure it was a lot more fun watching 2/3rd your team die instantly to a chaos wave while your healer sat in a blood fear in S12 over getting one shot by a DK in S5. Or the Arms warrior getting five stacks of taste for blood and deciding he wanted to leave the arena and one shot ur healer. 

People can say that shit about every expansion, balance isn't what makes an expansion good, i wish more people would realize that. wow isnt a balanced game, it will never be balanced and fun.  i didn't like mop because everything was just xLS or xMD and tbh its extremely boring to play against. i guess there was some variants of like hunter/enhance comps too because they could press two buttons and 75% of ur health bar would be gone. 

wrath still had a community, still had battlegroups, was the all time peak of wow for literally every aspect of the game, had the best gearing system, had the most active players, and had the most viewed tournaments (keep in mind this is when streaming quality didn't get higher than like 480p). its not even up for debate if you were to ask me that wrath is the best expac but to each their own.

Can you stop assuming stuff that u know jack shit about, i played wow since 2005 i just didnt play pvp back then cus i was pve'ing with friends, and i was 14 in wotlk whats wrong with that? I bet you didnt even play in s15 and still ur talking shit about it all the time, fucking hell u americans are so dumb

pull the refugee dick out of ur ass and chill lol 

Edited by drzy, 19 April 2017 - 11:37 AM.

#32 FeralNisse

FeralNisse
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

wotlk was 7 years ago dude, move on already u sad fuck

#33 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:47 PM

wotlk was 7 years ago dude, move on already u sad fuck

i dont understand this post... mop was 4 years ago? move on already u sad fuck

#34 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:53 PM

I don't know... people who are mop nostalgic remind me of ppl who are nostalgic of nazi germany cause "it was safer and everyone was employed unlike today"... meh... 

#35 FeralNisse

FeralNisse
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:09 PM

i dont understand this post... mop was 4 years ago? move on already u sad fuck

Whatever dude i dont even play this game anymore cba arguing with some retard who lives in the past 

Atleast i dont spam AJ about how good wotlk was for 7 years, all i said about mop was that it was a million times more fun than wod/legion which is obv true

Edited by FeralNisse, 19 April 2017 - 04:13 PM.

#36 FeralNisse

FeralNisse
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:20 PM

I don't know... people who are mop nostalgic remind me of ppl who are nostalgic of nazi germany cause "it was safer and everyone was employed unlike today"... meh... 

rofl now i truly understand why everyone on this website thinks ur a fucking idiot xD

#37 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:14 PM

because they could press two buttons and 75% of ur health bar would be gone. 

wrath still had a community, still had battlegroups, was the all time peak of wow for literally every aspect of the game, had the best gearing system, had the most active players, and had the most viewed tournaments (keep in mind this is when streaming quality didn't get higher than like 480p). its not even up for debate if you were to ask me that wrath is the best expac but to each their own.

"They could press two buttons and 75% of your health bar would be gone."

That was the main complaint about Wotlk, we went to a slow pace with only few spec which could handle this (rdruid/war/rogue/lock, mostly because they had infinite ressources - mana/energy/rage) to the extreme opposite, where everyone can burst people without cc at all.

wrath still had a community, still had battlegroups

The battlegroups were a good thing and a bad one as the same time. Lower population BG were awful to play in, because no one queued. Having 2200 gave you some /w to ask you where did you DROP your weapons and stuff. (True).

And some teams migrate on them just to have a free rank one without any competitions besides watching like a stasi officer who queued at the very last early hour.

The whole europe/US BG was a blessing for some of them.

The community was... different indeed. Less fotm, people actually played for fun, and not for rating or anything size related. You queued at a NPC, which was similar to the old vanilla BG where everyone knew each others, that was nice. And the team forces you to play with the same people, who increase the loyalty and communication.

was the all time peak of wow for literally every aspect of the game, had the best gearing system, had the most active players, and had the most viewed tournaments

In terms of numbers of players yes, but more and more people start to realize that Wotlk was the beginning of (for pve) what they call the "casualization" of the game. Dungeons were fast and AoE based, the levelling has been reduced, the valor currency to buy good gear...

About PvP gearing, well... it was the same, and once again, people complains about the free gear from the wintergraps bosses.

I agree that it was easier for alts back then. (Gearing now is easy as fuck, the AP part however...)

For tournament, well... the only thing i remember is the extreme arrogance of Hydra, and the french LSD druid, but that's all.

I'm pretty sure you put the exact Wotlk system now, there won't be more PvP participation (Maybe a little, but not by a huge amount.), and people will realize that even with more binds and buttons (And it can cleary be another debate), well... classes were as stupid as they are now.

dispel with cd system. this thing alone makes it awful

Disc priest can spec to this old rng system, try it, and tell me.

That's a ridiculous comparison.

(And how can i be nostalgic of a time i wasn't even born?)

Edited by Jim_Jim, 19 April 2017 - 05:27 PM.

Posted Image

#38 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:40 PM

rofl now i truly understand why everyone on this website thinks ur a fucking idiot xD

ya the eurocucks opinion means a lot to me. careful now, the muslims might rape ur sister u fuckin queer.

tfw 2017, from EU, only have glad titles from a time era where 90% of the community quit the game, get paid literally shekels by blizzard to play in their tournaments nobody watches, use it as a method to claim your superior to the dumb americans

lol yikes

ps- by everybody do you mean the dozen people that actually type things that aren't considered shitposting or? i dont really see anybody on this website anymore, and the ppl like me mostly just shitpost because we know the euros get really salty about the game

Edited by drzy, 19 April 2017 - 05:43 PM.

#39 FeralNisse

FeralNisse
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

hahahah murican fatso triggered? u know i said that to angrypie right, man ur'e actually braindamaged u cant even read properly

Funny how u trashtalk europe so much when you live in a country who elected donald trump as a president XD

Edited by FeralNisse, 19 April 2017 - 05:51 PM.

#40 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

man, the opinion of a random virgin finnish kid is so important to me... everyone thinks... what kinda argument is that ? lol... are you still in your 4th grade ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users