• Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:11 PM

nah not exactly true tbh i mean let me just lay out the facts despite the whole 2 points thing we've yet to have a truly balanced game for so long now
pvp resilence didnt fix it
pvp power didnt fix it
pvp templates didnt fix it
pvp talents which only work in pvp didnt fix it
and now you got big memers like holinka and lore running this shitshow come on man we all need to wake up.

I mean to be fair, true "balance" is pretty impossible to achieve without even more homogonization and pruning because it's an MMO and diff classes will always be different and therefore one must be better than the other. I'd rather have a fun game than "balanced" one. Noobs and the lower end also care more about that, if it's fun to play people will like playing it. WoD felt kind of balanced in some ways but also wasn't very fun, which made lots of ppl wanf fo quit playing. Also my personal opinion is that even though overall Legion feels more fun to play than WoD the incentives to PvP are low. Why would a noob want to even step into pvp (noobs are very important) especially if they are a dragonslayer or something? The artifact rewards from PvP are pretty awful when compared to doing literally anything else like WQs, Mythics or just raiding, and if they wamt to grind their weapons there's no reason for them to waste free tome PvPing. RBGs do give pretty good AP howeever it is so hard to step into RBGs and at least my experience on NA is even if you are qing a super low MMR group at like 1500 you can still q into 2k teams (cause participation) which are going to be 100x better than yours and therefore you don't get much AP anyways making it not worth it if you suck.

Only way we get higher participation and cutoff numbers is if low end actually has a reason to PVP and without a soloq for RBGs they're way too innaccessable. Personally I think if they made 2v2/3v3 give like the same amount of AP as an RBG or something (however they need to put something in place so that people don't just decide to tank rating to 0 for free AP, maybe make AP scale based on rating/mmr). You can have it so that somehow noobs playing still get decent AP and better and higher rated players would have the AP gains scale especially to make up for the fact that their ques will be longer as well as game length at higher rating. Basically if PvP had best AP rewards arena participation would go up dramatically since rn I think the game is more dead at the low end than the high end (high end hurting ofc but I still feel like I actually get good amount of ques).

But if we're not being technical we've still had seasons where there has been a WoW version of balance i.e lots of comps you can play and still do well which was basically the end of wotlk/cata/mop etc.

I'm being super nitpicky tho xD

Edited by Dills, 12 April 2017 - 04:23 PM.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#42 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:20 PM

Can we all please stop this dick-mesuring contest of titles, and focus on something that will - i hope - come in the next patch? (Source : MMO-Champion.)

Trial of Style - Several players enter a scenario, use the barber's chair to change their outfit to match a theme, and vote for the best. New Mog Coin currency.

giphy.gif#147

Posted Image

#43 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • LocationAustria

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:57 PM

Can we all please stop this dick-mesuring contest of titles, and focus on something that will - i hope - come in the next patch? (Source : MMO-Champion.)

giphy.gif#147

couples with the rest of the patch notes that looks a lot like april fools stuff that didn't make it live :c

Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 Warmonger_Skulm

Warmonger_Skulm
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1478
  • 3v3: 2600
  • RBG: 768

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:36 AM

Am I wrong on assuming that they do not calculate the final cutoffs before DQ's ? Do we have clear info on that ?

Imo the first thing they should do is to calculate the faction percentages and appy cutoffs on the entire qualified population. Then they can proceed to DQ players, then the players below the DQ'd ones would be ranked up. That way the rank-rating estimation would not be exceeded, whereas sometimes the actual final rating / ranking could be lower than the estimation, due to dq's.

Please correct me if there is a mistake regarding my assumption.

PS: The current system dictates going +100 above the estimation

#45 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:00 PM

to be honest what turned this game into crap is the fact fat nerds with zero life skills seized the opportunity to make few bucks out of it. Boosting (both self play and account shared) is the first cancer of this game. the second was the removal of the "team system" and the introduction of CR: skip 1 month into a season and there you go, you can't find a decent team cause your cr is too low. On the other hand ppl can play around without caring which breaks their mmr (indirectly fuckin you up too) and nobody has a "team commitment" anymore. It's like sexual liberation without orgasms. Meh.
I agree with what the guy said about server/battlegroup community feeling... it's all gone. I loved how it was in wotlk and cata. The problem my friends, it's not the fact the game is unbalanced... it never was.. you could get something op in any season. The fact that makes the game bad is that it's actually boring. It's boring even to watch at highest level. I was watching the American Cup tournament.. holy shit after one game (was Cdew Holy pala War Fire mage vs Dh Boomy Shammy if i recall properly) i quit watching it.. it was a boring laser show with two teams tunneling something until cd vs cd wasn't effective for the enemy healer. Who cares about game being balanced ? I'd like the game to be fun again to both watch and play

#46 xeN__

xeN__
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/0/0/1/1/1
  • 3v3: 1876
  • RBG: 192

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:46 PM

https://eu.battle.ne...pic/17615381440

hope everyone got what they wanted.

gz on your welfare r1 

#47 Blexone

Blexone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1757
  • 3v3: 2326

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:25 PM

on eu horde, i cant even find mates to cap 10 wins. I dont even care about xp or cr but its still aids to stare at the lfg tool for 30min+ just to play one game, lose and start searching again. I think Angrypie is 100% right this time. Balance is not that bad, its just not fun.

Edited by Blexone, 14 April 2017 - 08:27 PM.

#48 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2599
  • RBG: 384

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:08 PM

on eu horde, i cant even find mates to cap 10 wins. I dont even care about xp or cr but its still aids to stare at the lfg tool for 30min+ just to play one game, lose and start searching again. I think Angrypie is 100% right this time. Balance is not that bad, its just not fun.

dno every 3s game is dampening its so fucking boring you actually cant kill anyone doesnt matter what comp you play or what they play   

edit : 

maybe its just me having dogshit traits on every char 

Edited by Refren, 14 April 2017 - 10:56 PM.

#49 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:37 AM

add me on real id... i will play with you #solidarity

#50 Caricya

Caricya
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/1/0

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:15 AM

They counted cutoffs, then DQ boosted peoples. If they do their job proper and first DQ peoples then count, cuttof would have drop by~100 rating ,but its blizzard  every season better and better fails, big company but dont cares about their game

#51 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2046
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:25 AM

I don't think they fucked up by titles. This is just because no mmr reset. Shit players making excuse for shit rating.

#52 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2695
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:16 AM

I don't think they fucked up by titles. This is just because no mmr reset. Shit players making excuse for shit rating.

:thinking:

#53 zzatbrah

zzatbrah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 956
  • RBG: 1657

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:42 PM

dno every 3s game is dampening its so fucking boring you actually cant kill anyone doesnt matter what comp you play or what they play   

edit : 

maybe its just me having dogshit traits on every char 

traits are really really big right now, game feels night and day in wargames.

meta is still fucking retarded though. 

not sure why it's like that either. would games be fast if warrior/demo lock got nerfed? no idea

could possibly be resto druid being too strong since most damp comps have druid healer. would need other opinions

Edited by zzatbrah, 16 April 2017 - 12:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<