• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1530
  • 3v3: 2017

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:40 PM

Hey,

I managed to retrieve my first priest, and i really like the legion holy gameplay. It's versatile and has nice feeling when healing.

What do you think about it in arenas ? what comps would you play with it? 

I know Jimjim play one at 2k6+, do you know other people doing well with this spec?

#2 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1645
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1334

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:14 PM

I feel like the main issue with Holy Priests is that they have really poor offensive tools compared to most other healers.

You have purge and a 1 min cd stun (reduced when using Smite), that's it. There was a lot of the time when I played one that I felt like I couldn't do much to help at all when we were going for kills. And having another player being able to literally run up on top of me without being able to punish him with a fear hurt my soul... really Holinka, THANK YOU SO MUCH for removing it!!

That being said, the spec is still really fun and can be used to cheese kills with a ranged undispellable stun. I never got around to trying out a lot of comps so can only talk about what sounds good in theory, but I'd imagine that bursty/high damage comps that lacks stuns would be good. For instance you can play with a Destro Lock and stun the kill target in a Fel Fissure, or maybe something like Ret/Hunter where the ret usually uses his stun on the enemy healer.

#3 Blaxe

Blaxe
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Anetheron
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/1/2/1

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

You forgot Dominate Mind.

#4 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1645
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1334

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

Fair enough.

It is an incredibly niche ability though, I have won some games with it but in general it will not make or break the class. 

Edited by ottishen, 23 March 2017 - 03:55 PM.

#5 DkH.ZeRa

DkH.ZeRa
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1674
  • 3v3: 2551
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1769

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

Holy Priest changes with 7.2 go even more in the direction of PvE. I think Blizzard dont want Holy Priest in PvP:

Final AP trait with 7.2:

Cosmic Ripple When Holy Word: Serenity or Holy Word: Sanctify finish their cooldown, you emit a burst of light that heals up to 5 injured targets for (120% of Spell power).

Posted Image

#6 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:11 PM

I know Jimjim play one at 2k6+, do you know other people doing well with this spec?

Hpriest are really fun and their "gameplay" is how every healer should be designed (Lots of tiny personnal cd's, pre-emptive spells, some instant spells with a cd which can be reduced by casting, a tiny bit of rng (instant flash heal), but not something OP - flash of light heal for nothing, it's only for the cd reduction) more like the hpal from MoP if you want to compare.

You have lots of different builds to play depending on what you face, and it's really nice.

Their problem, besides the extremely annoying bug with ray of hope (Fel fissure just counter it for example) and greater fade/holy ward is that they are really comp dependant (I was at 2800 with jungle BM, but... yep, jungle.) and that you are totally replacable by a rdruid. (They do everything you do, but easier, and better. Bigger healing while casting less is the primary thing). There is not a single comp with a hpriest which is not equal or 1000x better with a rdruid.

Even by your own class (Disc priest), which bring fear, the same amount of healing, and a clearly easier gameplay. (Well, it depends on what you face of course, but overall)

In my opinion, hpriest need only 4-5 things.

- Holy ward baseline and only usefull against players (So, no Pve impact)

- Inner focus take his place in the PvP tree.

- His previous place is replaced by the regular "Healing row" from regular healer. So basically, you can access to either the +20% haste or the +20% heal while on 80%+ health.

- I don't know about PvE, but in the "cc" row of the PvE tree, you can either have the same "bump" as ele shaman, the stun (it's a baseline gouge, the talent change it into a stun.), or a +50% on the angel when you die. The last one should change the chastise into a static fear like the warrior one. (So disc can keep their 30s AoE fear which move the target, and holy would have a single target one with 1min CD - reductible by casting -).

- And fix the damn ray of hope.

And the spec would become more attractive i think. (Especially the fear change.)

(But it would lost its flavor of playing something... unique :) )

EDIT : During one session, my character bug'd, and i got the "Vim and Vigor" talent active without choosing it.

It's not broken like it seems considering hpriest casts a lot (And the cast are not healing-touch kind of fast, don't worry.)

Edited by Jim_Jim, 23 March 2017 - 08:09 PM.

Posted Image

#7 latturalol

latturalol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1427
  • 3v3: 2948
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1558

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

make chastise 2 seconds long give back fear and ill actually really enjoy holy lol

c19aae50fb.png

#8 Troma

Troma
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1530
  • 3v3: 2017

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

Many thank's for this huge answer Jim. And to everyone. 

And now a last question... what do you think about 7.2 traits? :) the one that reduce our insta heal looks very nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<