I know Jimjim play one at 2k6+, do you know other people doing well with this spec?
Hpriest are really fun and their "gameplay" is how every healer should be designed (Lots of tiny personnal cd's, pre-emptive spells, some instant spells with a cd which can be reduced by casting, a tiny bit of rng (instant flash heal), but not something OP - flash of light heal for nothing, it's only for the cd reduction) more like the hpal from MoP if you want to compare.
You have lots of different builds to play depending on what you face, and it's really nice.
Their problem, besides the extremely annoying bug with ray of hope (Fel fissure just counter it for example) and greater fade/holy ward is that they are really comp dependant (I was at 2800 with jungle BM, but... yep, jungle.) and that you are totally replacable by a rdruid. (They do everything you do, but easier, and better. Bigger healing while casting less is the primary thing). There is not a single comp with a hpriest which is not equal or 1000x better with a rdruid.
Even by your own class (Disc priest), which bring fear, the same amount of healing, and a clearly easier gameplay. (Well, it depends on what you face of course, but overall)
In my opinion, hpriest need only 4-5 things.
- Holy ward baseline and only usefull against players (So, no Pve impact)
- Inner focus take his place in the PvP tree.
- His previous place is replaced by the regular "Healing row" from regular healer. So basically, you can access to either the +20% haste or the +20% heal while on 80%+ health.
- I don't know about PvE, but in the "cc" row of the PvE tree, you can either have the same "bump" as ele shaman, the stun (it's a baseline gouge, the talent change it into a stun.), or a +50% on the angel when you die. The last one should change the chastise into a static fear like the warrior one. (So disc can keep their 30s AoE fear which move the target, and holy would have a single target one with 1min CD - reductible by casting -).
- And fix the damn ray of hope.
And the spec would become more attractive i think. (Especially the fear change.)
(But it would lost its flavor of playing something... unique )
EDIT : During one session, my character bug'd, and i got the "Vim and Vigor" talent active without choosing it.
It's not broken like it seems considering hpriest casts a lot (And the cast are not healing-touch kind of fast, don't worry.)
Edited by Jim_Jim, 23 March 2017 - 08:09 PM.