#1 Gimotqt

Gimotqt
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:56 PM

We all know that wow pvp is not on its primetime, there are some design issues, balance
problems and game pace is not perfect.

I wish someone could at least loook into some basic pvp problems

I dont want to copy paste anything thats already been written, just check

https://eu.battle.ne...pic/17615065086

if you didnt read - its about players lagging around arena dodging ur stuff

what do you guys think, could blizzard improve their servers in that matter or its just a dream. 

i guess its not player lag problem but server/client cant handle it properly. even running 2 clients and following my chars myself i see them in different positions (and its more than a few yards)       

is my 40ms responsible for seeing players 20yards away from their real positions? 

i rly understand whyh they gave melees 10 gap closers because they gotta use half of them to start hitting target

opinions?

#2 Daisyduke

Daisyduke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Fire 0/0/2/1/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 2982
  • RBG: 384

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:14 PM

Maybe they downgraded the servers, maybe arena participation is actually higher than in wod and it causes more strain on the servers - who knows. Fact is they are dogshit and people that shouldnt be lagging are sliding like on ice skates. I met some friends in 2v2 and both me and them had 20ms - when I checked their vod I'm the biggest laglord and other way around, there's no way it has anything to do with client ping

Alec

#3 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:55 AM

Maybe they downgraded the servers, maybe arena participation is actually higher than in wod and it causes more strain on the servers - who knows. Fact is they are dogshit and people that shouldnt be lagging are sliding like on ice skates. I met some friends in 2v2 and both me and them had 20ms - when I checked their vod I'm the biggest laglord and other way around, there's no way it has anything to do with client ping

Something similar happened to me as well, but it wasn't inside instanced PvP. Tbh I am not even sure if it is the same problem, but I was just having fun with a friend of mine and we were "racing" with our mounts. All the way until I arrived at the destination, I could clearly see my friend being something between 10-15 yards behind me, yet he yelled he arrived first at the destination. I was perplexed. He then went on to say that on his screen, it was me who was constantly behind him by 10-15 yards. And I was like "wat?".

An example of instanced PvP like the one you are describing is happening to me vs Russians all the time. I am literally on top of an enemy yet it says I cannot hit him. My latency varies from 66 to 85 ms.

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#4 Saiyko

Saiyko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1555
  • RBG: 1762

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

Something similar happened to me as well, but it wasn't inside instanced PvP. Tbh I am not even sure if it is the same problem, but I was just having fun with a friend of mine and we were "racing" with our mounts. All the way until I arrived at the destination, I could clearly see my friend being something between 10-15 yards behind me, yet he yelled he arrived first at the destination. I was perplexed. He then went on to say that on his screen, it was me who was constantly behind him by 10-15 yards. And I was like "wat?".

An example of instanced PvP like the one you are describing is happening to me vs Russians all the time. I am literally on top of an enemy yet it says I cannot hit him. My latency varies from 66 to 85 ms.

Well the same situation happens in BGs if everyone is running at the gate before it opens. On your screen it looks like you are ahead of everyone yet thats the case for everyone.

#5 xResentfulx

xResentfulx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ghostlands
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Havoc 1/1/2/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1527
  • 3v3: 1868
  • RBG: 1781
  • LocationEurope

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

The most infuriating experience is trying to hit a rogue/monk/druid who you are sitting on top of but its saying you cant hit them. lost way too many games to that bullshit and its not like you can just go infront of them cause you cant predict where theyre gonna turn to or something. I would say its only vs russians but its not, and plenty of russians dont have this issue. I'm pretty sure its never been this bad before... maybe on the cata release or something when the game had 12 mil players and it was more frequent, but not now  :mellow:

#6 Konjunktur

Konjunktur

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

Blizzard either downgraded the servers used for arena or changed the netcode (how the game handles multiple players) in a way which probably is better for PvE but which sucks for PvP. Highly unlikely that they'll do anything about it regardless of whichever case is true (downgrade means PvP is too expensive, sure as hell aint gonna undo that and netcode change for PvP only would cost way too much for them to even consider).

Edited by Konjunktur, 21 March 2017 - 04:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<