Photo

Disc in GCDTV

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Wheresmyweed

Wheresmyweed

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:08 PM

Hey folks

I have been watching gcdtv tournaments both eu and us, and i am pretty sure i havent seen 1 person playing discipline priest.
I read posts of people saying that disc is fine, disc is op, etc etc. I play disc myself and i am kind of enjoying it and i think is a good class, but i dont understand why people dont play it in tournaments. It would be so cool to see some disc actions during those events, especially in tournaments where the prize pool is not that high
What do you guys think? Please discuss

Edited by Wheresmyweed, 13 March 2017 - 12:09 PM.

#2 cippi

cippi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1964
  • RBG: 959

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

Its too powerful, so players being just gentle and not picking it.

Posted Image

#3 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

It's a very special snowflake healer, normally attracting the biggest autists that nobody wants to be in a team with. Right now disc is also kind of bad so there is no reason to play with one.

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#4 Wheresmyweed

Wheresmyweed

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

It's a very special snowflake healer, normally attracting the biggest autists that nobody wants to be in a team with. Right now disc is also kind of bad so there is no reason to play with one.

Well I dont think there is a correlation between playing disc and suffering from autism, but i get your point of disc priest not beeing really good for the meta right now.

#5 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

Well I dont think there is a correlation between playing disc and suffering from autism, but i get your point of disc priest not beeing really good for the meta right now.

well there is. There is only one disc on EU who is both good enough to play in tournaments and isn't a complete autist (and I don't just mean difficult to deal with or bad, I mean a legitimate autist); There are like 5+ "good" discs but nobody would ever tolerate them in a serious team.

And yeah, disc really does seem to attract people with autism.

#6 Wheresmyweed

Wheresmyweed

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:51 PM

well there is. There is only one disc on EU who is both good enough to play in tournaments and isn't a complete autist (and I don't just mean difficult to deal with or bad, I mean a legitimate autist); There are like 5+ "good" discs but nobody would ever tolerate them in a serious team.

And yeah, disc really does seem to attract people with autism.

I see you hate disc priest and you dont like people who play it, i guess i dont know about what is going on in the "eu finest" group of people. The topic is about why people do not play the class focusing on the game mechanics, but i guess the fact that "good" priest are not in a good relationship with skilled players like yourself could be the answer of low partecipation of the class itself. Thanks for the gossip xD

Edited by Wheresmyweed, 13 March 2017 - 12:51 PM.

#7 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

"why don't people play discs in tournaments?"

>"class is not nearly as good as druid or monk against meta comps, and the vast majority of players dislike most of the tournament level disc players, meaning nobody is going to play with a shit class with someone they dislike in a tournament

struggling to see whats difficult to understand about that explanation 

#8 Wheresmyweed

Wheresmyweed

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:00 PM

>"class is not nearly as good as druid or monk against meta comps, and the vast majority of players dislike most of the tournament level disc players, meaning nobody is going to play with a shit class with someone they dislike in a tournament

nothing difficult to understand now that you gave a serious answer to my question, just now.
Thanks

#9 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

well, Chas went for blizzcon and he's a really good priest. yet he played other healers. we have a dream tho: Xonika Disc for Blizzcon 2017

on the autism note: ppl played with whaz, i think it's fair to say it cant be any worse

#10 asdjbasf122

asdjbasf122
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2463
  • RBG: 768

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:26 PM

Its too powerful, so players being just gentle and not picking it.

tell that to xonika who single handedly got spirit link talent nerfed rofl

god damn u shane.

#11 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:56 PM

disc priest has plenty of t1 comps, the players playing these comps(in eu) dont care as much as the people who tryhard for tournaments, generally rogue mage/lock shaman players, all the good/tournament level hunters dont play/care anymore, im pretty sure a team like refren vess/zunni cara and a good feral could do well if they could work together as a team but to play in a tournament its alot more than just being individually skilled like the players ive listed, loony and i both play disc but our group of friends/team dont really play the classes suited for us to play a disc comp at tournament level. most disc comps(hunter comps mainly) are good because they auto win majority of stuff but simply cant beat some other comps unlike rmd(wod) that could beat everything or turbo/shatter/lsd(wod) that didnt have complete HARD counters and could win lesser players

#12 zzu

zzu
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1346
  • 3v3: 2831

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

well, Chas went for blizzcon and he's a really good priest. yet he played other healers. we have a dream tho: Xonika Disc for Blizzcon 2017

on the autism note: ppl played with whaz, i think it's fair to say it cant be any worse

reminder that angrypie got glad closer to arena coming out in tbc than to this season

#13 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:34 PM

reminder that angrypie got glad closer to arena coming out in tbc than to this season

coming from a boosted turbo wod warrior that's actually fun. not sure why you inbreed are so obsessed by me...

#14 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1851
  • 3v3: 2707
  • RBG: 1884

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

coming from a boosted turbo wod warrior that's actually fun. not sure why you inbreed are so obsessed by me...

uff

mby it has something to do with you posting shit all the time?

#15 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2599
  • RBG: 384

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

coz you shit post saying disc is bad when the only insight  you have is 50 arena games played at 1900 xd

Edited by Refren, 13 March 2017 - 06:54 PM.

#16 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:13 PM

i like angrypie but majority of his posts about disc priest are retarded, outside of those posts hes arite

#17 Nahj

Nahj
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/1/2/1/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1594
  • 3v3: 2686
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationAZ

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:33 PM

autism confirmed?

#18 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:06 PM

i like angrypie but majority of his posts about disc priest are retarded, outside of those posts hes arite

nobody is perfect i guess ;)
btw i am not saying disc is shit ever since holy radiance buff. i only said it''s boring and not competitive in tournaments. i also said it's very poorly designed to the point if you revert holy radiance, nobody would even play it. if it was up to me, i'd change it radically, starting by holy radiance and 2casting schools.

autism confirmed?

so i am autistic (wonder if you even know what that means) cause i have a diff opinion about a videogame. your mom shoulda taught you better. results of bad american parenting is sad

#19 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:46 PM

disc priest has plenty of t1 comps, the players playing these comps(in eu) dont care as much as the people who tryhard for tournaments, generally rogue mage/lock shaman players, all the good/tournament level hunters dont play/care anymore, im pretty sure a team like refren vess/zunni cara and a good feral could do well if they could work together as a team but to play in a tournament its alot more than just being individually skilled like the players ive listed, loony and i both play disc but our group of friends/team dont really play the classes suited for us to play a disc comp at tournament level. most disc comps(hunter comps mainly) are good because they auto win majority of stuff but simply cant beat some other comps unlike rmd(wod) that could beat everything or turbo/shatter/lsd(wod) that didnt have complete HARD counters and could win lesser players

that just seems so unlikely to me. all healers play so similar now and disc is just not a hard spec to play - if it was the best healer for a tournament viable comp I think people would play it without question... its essentially a 4 button spec and any healer that multiclasses could pick it up and play it at a high level easily.

i think the fact that it has an incomplete/gimmicky toolset and a relatively low skillcap makes it a shitty tournament spec and people dont run it for that reason.

#20 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

that just seems so unlikely to me. all healers play so similar now and disc is just not a hard spec to play - if it was the best healer for a tournament viable comp I think people would play it without question... its essentially a 4 button spec and any healer that multiclasses could pick it up and play it at a high level easily.

i think the fact that it has an incomplete/gimmicky toolset and a relatively low skillcap makes it a shitty tournament spec and people dont run it for that reason.

now they gonna call you autistic ! how dare you having a different opinion ? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<