Photo

How do you deal with locks in 2s?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mitternacht12

Mitternacht12

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

So i am playing Demon hunter/mw or resto druid and i do sort of ok, but i seem to lose all the time against lock teams.

Even discounting damage done to the pets i tend to double their damage/dps in the end if i go lock but eventually my healer just cant keep up and we die while the enemy healer (usually a shaman) just outheals me.

That is if i go on the lock, if i go the healer the lock does nothing but peel but before i can kill the healer we die again.

If i go lock i tend to get him to 10% or so regularly but i never really am able to finish. If i go healer, as i said before, i tend to get CCed and we die even quicker.

Ive tried going pets but that didnt really work either (they either get a new pet fairly quickly or port/gate and summon a new pet while the old one is dying still).

(i usually am playing chaos blades and nemesis)

So can anyone give me advice/tips on how to deal with locks (all 3 specs seem to be trouble, but i havnt really seen any destro ones in 2s)? (this is around 2k mmr usually)

#2 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1563
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

1. Go in some mythic+ dungeons and practice your 2 button rotation for few days.

2. target warlock or his healer and maintain 160+k arena dps for 5 minutes

3. Once dampening goes to 40-50% guy will flop dead

4. GZ on your 2.2 k legion 2v2 achievement.

Posted Image

#3 Keepo

Keepo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aerie Peak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 0/1/2/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1241
  • 3v3: 1686

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:31 PM

Usually the resto shamans at that rating are pretty crap and don't know how to deal with alot of pressure so you should be able to kill them. Just save cooldowns until you're fully DR'ed and can't be peeled off by the warlock and you should be able to kill the shaman pretty easily 

#4 Mitternacht12

Mitternacht12

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

Usually the resto shamans at that rating are pretty crap and don't know how to deal with alot of pressure so you should be able to kill them. Just save cooldowns until you're fully DR'ed and can't be peeled off by the warlock and you should be able to kill the shaman pretty easily 

Should i play first blood instead of bloodlet then? What happens if i get a clean Meta on the shaman is usually, trinket - astral shift and other defensives. Which means i get him to 20% or so and then im out of interrupts/stuns and he just heals back up. I kill eventually vs most shamans because i force astral with pure damage and then Meta and the following damage is too much for them to heal through, but vs lock teams the preassure we get back if the lock is allowed to freecast is just way to much and we flop way before the shaman does. And if i go on the lock he just doesnt die and the shaman just heals for to much.

@the person above, my dps in pure ST is usually around 130k ish, paper dps would be 190k or so, but thats mostly unintentional aoe on the pets (i dont use aoe abilities on purpose, but bloodlet and fel rush and fury just cleave by nature). Im not really sure if i can increase my preassure enough, i never really did try momentum, fel barrage for pure damage padding vs them, maybe thats a way to win (for some reason that works quite well vs MW monk/DK teams for me)?

#5 flube

flube
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/0/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 1834
  • RBG: 576

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:43 PM

This

#6 xResentfulx

xResentfulx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ghostlands
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Havoc 1/1/2/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1527
  • 3v3: 1868
  • RBG: 1781
  • LocationEurope

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:29 PM

I dunno, eventually you just kill the shaman before the lock can do anything. Depends what healer you have, resto druid should have an easy easy time of it. Don't go full mongo when your healer is eating multiple spell locks/fears. Don't stand in fel lord... i dunno man, theres no way a lock puts out as much damage as you, eventually once dampening is like 40% you just win. Vs affliction consider mana break, sometimes they oom in like 5 seconds, other times they dont, but i dunno what makes the difference.

Chaos blades aint that great tbh, if youre comboing it with meta (which you should) you end up with all your eggs in one basket every 2 mins and put out not so much pressure otherwise. Fel barrage is sick pressure a couple of times a minute, combod with FotI and chaos nova and you can burst far more often, and vs a shaman thats enough to force link and shit outside of meta. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<