• Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 765
  • 3v3: 1940
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1592
  • Locationcape coral florida

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:39 PM

https://www.gofundme...-retirement-pls

my hobbies include lifting impossible weights,gigantisim, unskinking the titanic, being invincible, and reading to baby deer

http://i.imgur.com/Bs9h4vO.png

#2 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:58 AM

It really says a lot about how bad the situation has gotten when I first saw about this on the WoW subreddit. That place is the biggest circlejerk ever, and 99% of negative opinions about WoW are buried instantly - yet whenever something negative about Holinka gets posted it is actually upvoted. 

My new goal in life is to get a job at Blizzard. Not for the money, or the prestige - but simply because, apparently, no matter how bad you are, you keep getting paid indefinitely.

It is really sad when I look back how things went over the last few years. We tried so hard to bridge the gap with Blizzard, but in the end they just don't care.

#3 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 1142

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:16 AM

Hey! Another typical aj post. "They don't care", "fire x", "wow is so bad right now". Let me school you kids for a minute: in all the expansions and every season people were always complaining. It was never good enough. Season credits were never given within the same season.

#4 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:55 AM

Hey! Another typical aj post. "They don't care", "fire x", "wow is so bad right now". Let me school you kids for a minute: in all the expansions and every season people were always complaining. It was never good enough. Season credits were never given within the same season.

You must have some seriously low standards if you don't think they have dropped the ball the last few years.

#5 doublejump

doublejump
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Havoc 1/2/2/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1661
  • 3v3: 2069
  • RBG: 1706

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:33 AM

so u started collecting. 

now start the donations in good faith. nobody's gonna go first

#6 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268
  • 3v3: 2565

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:27 PM

Of course people were always complaining. If with each expansion, each season, each patch, the game gets worse, why would you think people would start to complain less?

If WoW was bad in Cata compared to Wotlk, of course they complain. If MoP is then even worse than Cata, of course they will complain even more. When WoD then manages to be even worse than MoP, guess what they complain, and when you do the impossible and make Legion even worse than WoD, of course people will complain!

What makes you think something can ever be good enough, if all you do is make it worse? Ever since the end of Wotlk, Blizzard has never ever taken a single step forward anymore on the PvP side of the game, only backwards.

S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#7 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:33 PM

My new goal in life is to get a job at Blizzard. Not for the money, or the prestige - but simply because, apparently, no matter how bad you are, you keep getting paid indefinitely.

In 2016, consumers spent approximately 43 billion hours playing and watching Activision Blizzard content, on par with Netflix and over one-and-a-half times Snapchat.

World of Warcraft saw an increase in total play time for the quarter, surpassing the Q3 expansion launch quarter and all non-launch quarters in the last four years.

Blizzard had record levels of quarterly and full-year in-game revenues, driven by World of Warcraft in-game content and continued strength of Overwatch customization items.

depends on how you define success^^

Edited by Siuox, 27 February 2017 - 01:34 PM.

#8 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1644
  • RBG: 1142

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:09 PM

You must have some seriously low standards if you don't think they have dropped the ball the last few years.

it's not about dropping the ball. If you study the market a bit, you might find out what they did to the game was to attract new players. It's all about making the most money out of it and not to satisfy the old "pvp community"- despite I would love if they did. But you gotta be realistic about changing the way this game will develop. If I needed to place a bet, I'd set my money on more and more retard-friendly approach. It's not just "Holinka".

#9 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:21 PM

Of course people were always complaining. If with each expansion, each season, each patch, the game gets worse, why would you think people would start to complain less?

If WoW was bad in Cata compared to Wotlk, of course they complain. If MoP is then even worse than Cata, of course they will complain even more. When WoD then manages to be even worse than MoP, guess what they complain, and when you do the impossible and make Legion even worse than WoD, of course people will complain!

What makes you think something can ever be good enough, if all you do is make it worse? Ever since the end of Wotlk, Blizzard has never ever taken a single step forward anymore on the PvP side of the game, only backwards.

People were complaining during WotLK as well tho, and said stuff like "bring back TBC".

Edited by Hollowinside, 27 February 2017 - 04:22 PM.

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#10 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268
  • 3v3: 2565

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:42 PM

People were complaining during WotLK as well tho, and said stuff like "bring back TBC".

Ofc they did at first.

The issue with Wotlk is that it has this dark period of S5 and start of S6 which undoubtedly ruined the legacy of WoW for many TBC players.

S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#11 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:58 PM

World of Warcraft saw an increase in total play time for the quarter, surpassing the Q3 expansion launch quarter and all non-launch quarters in the last four years

subs crash due to shit expansions, stop reporting sub numbers as a metric to measure the success of wow

release the most grind and rng dependant expansion ever, start reporting "play time" numbers as a metric to measure the success of wow

exDee

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#12 droolingmoron

droolingmoron
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:32 PM

for me - i didn't play during the expansions after cataclysm and only played legion during beta - the fact alone that they changed the sounds and graphics of the warrior abilities made me not want to play the game ;D if i then also take into account what they made out of the warrior class in terms of mechanics it's just not fun at all.

then again i experienced the same with the switch from tbc to wotlk and then again (but much worse) the switch to cataclysm. i think if you take the warrior case you can see that they gradually dumbed down the playstyle so that in legion (i can only speak of the beta, but i don't think much has changed) now there is little difference between experienced and unexperienced warrior players in terms of pvp, whereas in earlier expansions doing well actually required some "skill".

edit:

but i feel like they also dumbed down the mechanics in pve a lot - as a former mt during vanilla, tbc and wotlk i remember how things slowly started to get easier - no stance requirement for berserker rage, thunderclap in defensive stance, shockwave, a throw that silences casters, threat becoming a non issue after wotlk etc.

so all in all this dumbing down of class mechanics does probably apply for pve too - at least in the warrior case

Edited by droolingmoron, 27 February 2017 - 05:44 PM.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darĂ¼ber muss man schweigen.

L.W.

#13 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:17 PM

so all in all this dumbing down of class mechanics does probably apply for pve too - at least in the warrior case

absolutely, which is compensated for by mythic bosses having 1000+ abilities that you need to react to over the fight

unfortunately pvp doesn't work like that since its 4 ability classes vs 4 ability classes

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#14 Blexone

Blexone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1757
  • 3v3: 2326

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:02 PM

subs crash due to shit expansions, stop reporting sub numbers as a metric to measure the success of wow

release the most grind and rng dependant expansion ever, start reporting "play time" numbers as a metric to measure the success of wow

exDee

This so much... My friends keep arguing that way more people play wow since Legion. Surprisingly sub numbers start to increase just when they decided to stop reporting numbers lel

#15 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:27 PM

This so much... My friends keep arguing that way more people play wow since Legion. Surprisingly sub numbers start to increase just when they decided to stop reporting numbers lel

link them http://www.warcraftr...php?serverid=-1 and laugh - middle spike is legion launch, left of spike is end of wod dead game, right of spike is legion after launch almost as dead as wod game :)

#16 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

it's not about dropping the ball. If you study the market a bit, you might find out what they did to the game was to attract new players. It's all about making the most money out of it and not to satisfy the old "pvp community"- despite I would love if they did. But you gotta be realistic about changing the way this game will develop. If I needed to place a bet, I'd set my money on more and more retard-friendly approach. It's not just "Holinka".

Blizzard spent the last 5 years throwing away their subscribers in an attempt to get people who never wanted to play in the first place.

WoW was made for a specific audience.

WoW became wildly popular to that audience.

Blizzard stops catering to the audience that made the game wildy popular.

Blizzard attempts to appeal to an audience that has no interest in the game.

Game dies.

My friends and I are literally the perfect customer for a game like WoW. We would stay subbed every day of the year, buy all their stupid store mounts, buy transfers/faction changes/race changes. Yet none of us play the game? They messed up really bad.

The fact AJ is dead also says a lot. We have the worst battered wife syndrome ever. ("Season 21 will be different, I promise they will listen soon...")

Edited by Regent, 28 February 2017 - 09:13 AM.

#17 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:48 PM

who cares about sub numbers when they make more money than ever?

#18 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:10 AM

who cares about sub numbers when they make more money than ever?

Just because they are converting their "good will" into liquid doesn't mean they are doing well.

Blizzard's ability to print money was almost directly tied to its reputation among the gaming community which is now being severely tarnished. They can't keep pissing off their players, or eventually something new will come along and people will forget why they ever cared about Blizzard games.

#19 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:54 AM

y'all would hate this game even if Holinka wasn't in charge

don't lie

Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#20 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1563
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:26 PM

y'all would hate this game even if Holinka wasn't in charge

don't lie

He is not in charge Hes a target dummy paid to take the dick from community period

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<