• RBG: 1904

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:49 AM

yeah pretty much sums it up m8s

https://www.youtube....h?v=yDOEtGs5lNo

#2 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:01 PM

I don't mean to be rude, so please don't take it that way. But no one gives a flying shit about Battlegrounds, even more so when they are Normal.

When the community says "PvP is bad", it is the core, competitive aspect of PvP that is being judged, not the casual one. The core aspect (which is mainly 3s then 2s) defines how good or bad PvP is.

EDIT: That aside, it's not rocket science to figure out why PvP is bad. Pruning Round 2 and developers being both bad at their job, plus biased when it comes to tuning/tweaking specs and classes. What more do you think there could possibly be to it?

Edited by Hollowinside, 19 February 2017 - 04:03 PM.

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#3 Melaniatrump

Melaniatrump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • 3v3: 1420

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:38 AM

Reason why pvp feels bad to me is that back in the day you had to worry about a lot more aspects of an arena fight than you do today such as healers ooming being a huge issue, healers flopping super fast if they were bad, interrupts being a major thing and not just another thing you deal with, each class having very specific roles (such as only Pallys/priests having dispel, Druids with their cc, shamans with their utility) instead of just "well Druids are the best healer this season so let's stick them in every comp.

Anti fun ways to deal with everyone having an interrupt like shaman interrupt reduction, priest 2 schools, monk interrupt immunity. Every class is like every class with minor damage and very minor utility uniqueness. The only thing they acccomplished with making you feel like you are playing a specific class is spell effects.

And this is coming from a healer

I miss the days where I see a comp pop up and go "ok they have a ret and a rogue so we need to just juke the rogues interrupt then we are free to cast then we need to cross cc the paladin with a stun when we cc the healer so he can't dispel. Then having a completely different strat for a rls. Now it's just the same strat for every comp with minor changes with just different kill targets.

Everyone doesn't need an interrupt, everyone doesn't need stuns/cc, everyone doesn't need a cleanse.

#4 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:57 AM

yeah pretty much sums it up m8s

https://www.youtube....h?v=yDOEtGs5lNo

If I ever made fun of you I'm sorry. You sound genuinely nice and well-articulated. 

#5 Call Me Teranaye

Call Me Teranaye
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2969
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 1734
  • RBG: 2079

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:04 AM