• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2292

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

Upcoming Class & PvP Changes

Official Blizzard Quote:

With the next weekly maintenance, we're planning a large round of PvP tuning changes, as well as a few PvE buffs for Unholy. Please see below for the full list of changes that are currently planned. As always, this may not be the final list - additional tuning may be added or removed before these changes go live.

Classes

Death Knight
Unholy
Virulent Plague damage over time effect has been increased by 67%. Damage unchanged in PvP.
Summon Gargoyle: Gargoyle Strike damage has been increased by 50%. Damage unchanged in PvP.
Dark Arbiter: Val'kyr Strike damage has been increased by 16%. Damage unchanged in PvP.

Player versus Player

Death Knight
Dark Simulacrum's cooldown has been reduced to 25 seconds (was 30 seconds).
Blood
Blood Death Knights no longer deal reduced damage in PvP situations (was a reduction of 10%).
Unholy
Crypt Fever's damage has been reduced by 15%.

Druid
Restoration
Nourish now reduces the cast time of Healing Touch by 0.2 seconds (was 0.5 seconds).
Nourish will now only apply Regrowth's heal over time effect (was both the initial heal and the heal over time effect).
Abundance now reduces the cast time of Healing Touch by 5% per Rejuvenation active in PvP situations (was 10%).
Fixed a bug that caused Nature's Essence to fail to heal on Wild Growths cast in PvP if the Druid had the Nourish or Overgrowth Honor Talents.

Hunter
Survival
Caltrops now deals 20% less damage in PvP, and reduces movement speed by 50% (was 70% speed).
PvP Template Agility has been reduced by 2.5%.
Marksmanship
Healing Shell now heals for its full value in PvP.
Aimed Shot now deals an additional 5% damage in PvP situations.
PvP Template Agility has been increased by 5%.
PvP Template Haste has been reduced by 15%.
PvP Template Mastery has been increased by 33%.
PvP Template Armor has been increased by 20%.
Beast Mastery
PvP Template Agility has been increased by 5%.
PvP Template Haste has been increased by 30%.
PvP Template Versatility has been increased by 25%.
PvP Template Mastery has been reduced by 25%.
PvP Template Critical Strike has been reduced by 30%.
PvP Template Armor has been increased by 20%.

Mage
Fire
Cauterizing Blink's heal has been reduced by 33% in PvP situations.
PvP Template Intellect and Stamina have been reduced by 5%.

Paladin
Holy
Avenging Crusader once again ignores line of sight when healing.
Avenging Crusader will now cause Judgment and Crusader Strike to heal even if their damage is absorbed.
Fixed a bug that caused Spreading the Word to make Blessing of Freedom trigger Cleanse's cooldown.
Retribution
PvP Template Strength has been increased by 3%.

Priest
Discipline
Inner Renewal now causes Power Word: Radiance to refund 25% of its mana cost when self-cast (was 50%).

Rogue
Assassination
Fixed a bug that caused Deadly Brew's additional free Wound Poison effect to increase to Kingsbane's damage.
Poison Bomb's damage has been reduced by 30% in PvP.
Wound Poison's healing reduction effect has been reduced to 20% in PvP (24% with Master Poisoner).
PvP Template Agility has been reduced by 5%.

Shaman
Elemental
PvP Template Intellect and Stamina have been increased by 5%.
Enhancement
Stormstrike deals 20% less damage in PvP (was 15% less damage).
PvP Template Agility has been increased by 10%.
PvP Template Stamina has been increased by 5%.
Restoration
PvP Template Versatility has been increased by 30%.

Warrior
Arms
PvP Template Strength and Stamina has been increased by 5%.
PvP Template Armor has been increased by 10%.
PvP Template Versatility has been increased by 17%.
Fury
Endless Rage now increases the duration of Enrage by 1 second (was 2 seconds).

Warlock
Destruction
Chaos Bolt's damage has been increased by 25% in PvP situations.
Reverse Entropy reduces the cast time of Chaos Bolt by 0.25 seconds in PvP situations (was 0.5 seconds).
Backdraft reduces the cast time of Chaos Bolt and Incinerate by 15% in PvP situations (was 30%).
Demonology
PvP Template Intellect has been increased by 5%.
PvP Template Haste has been increased by 50%.
PvP Template Versatility has been reduced by 25%.
PvP Template Mastery has been reduced by 25%.

Artifact Power and Patch 7.2   

Official Blizzard Quote:

Artifact Power has been a hot topic lately, both around the community and within the development team. With Patch 7.2 on the horizon, introducing both new artifact traits and additional Knowledge levels, we have been reflecting on the way the system has unfolded during the first months of Legion, and evaluating changes based on the lessons we have learned thus far.

First off, a look back at where we started.

From the outset, Artifact Power was intended to serve two intertwined purposes: First, it offered max-level progression that was not entirely item-driven, along with choices and elements of character customization as players traversed their trait trees; second, it was meant to serve as a universally desired, consistent reward from all types of content.

In crafting the systems that delivered Artifact Power, we weighed the merits of hard caps versus a smoother system of diminishing returns. We had extensive experience with hard caps, through multiple past iterations of currencies like Valor Points and Conquest Points, and wanted to avoid several of the downsides of that approach. For example, a cap inherently feels like more of an expected quota, where missing a week or falling short of the cap puts you clearly, and potentially permanently, behind the curve.

Instead, as everyone knows, we settled on an open-ended system of diminishing returns. Without any hard caps on how quickly players could earn AP, it was essential to have some sort of limiting mechanism on the gap in power between players of different playstyles, and different levels of time investment. We accepted the admittedly complex design of Artifact Knowledge because it solved this problem, effectively reining in the size of this power gap. Players trying to progress past the expected artifact level for their Knowledge would run into those rapidly diminishing returns, while those who played less than that would have Knowledge as an accelerator to help them catch up to the cutting edge. When Emerald Nightmare was new content, while the average raider was at 20 or 21 points, the most dedicated might have been at 24 or 25 – a relatively modest gap.

Now, where things went wrong…

We feel that we made two major missteps with the Artifact Power system that increasingly manifested themselves as we got deeper into Patch 7.1 and 7.1.5. And both of them served to undermine that core goal of ensuring that the gap between players with different levels of time invested into the system could not grow too large.

First, the cost of ranks in the 20-point final trait remained relatively flat, as opposed to the rapid exponential scaling up to that point. This meant that someone who spent twice as much time gathering AP as I did would have roughly twice as many ranks as me. Instead of the 24 vs. 21 gaps we saw in Nightmare, a number of hardcore raiders entered Nighthold with 54 points, while others were just beginning that final progression and found themselves with nearly 10% less health and damage, equivalent to being almost a full tier of gear behind. Players who switched specs or characters along the way found themselves in a similar position. The power gap was larger than ever before, which created a sense of obligation and a number of negative social pressures that the system had previously tried to minimize. In short: We’re not at all happy with how this worked out.

A common suggestion is to simply reduce the amount of Artifact Power required to fully unlock the artifact in 7.2. This would not solve the underlying problem, but would rather reduce its duration while heightening its intensity, as competitive players sprinted to finish their Artifacts in order to be “ready.” But then we would inevitably tune around that completed power level, and other players would simply be playing catch-up the entire time. And in the long run, Artifact Power would not be serving its intended purpose of ongoing parallel progression. A capped-artifact player who goes a week without getting any item upgrades ends the week literally no stronger than before. Part of the value of the artifact, both for personal progression and guild progression, lies in ensuring that everyone is at least a bit stronger next week than they are right now, and a bit closer to overcoming whatever obstacle stands in their path. Our goal is for Artifact Power to always be of some interest as a reward, whether from a World Quest, or as a consolation prize when failing a bonus roll.

Instead, we are focusing on fixing the mistake of flat cost scaling at the end of the progression, and instead keeping the increases exponential throughout, while also strengthening Artifact Knowledge as a core pacing and catch-up mechanism. These changes should be visible in an upcoming PTR build.

This is done with the primary goal of reducing the power gap based on time investment, while preserving Artifact Power as an endgame reward that everyone values. If the leaders in Artifact Power were only a few points ahead of a more typical player, rather than crossing the finish line when most were just leaving the starting blocks, players with less time to commit would not be as disadvantaged in competitive activities. If a Warlock were choosing between having 48 points in a single spec or 44 points in all three specs if they’d split their efforts evenly, the barrier to playing multiple specs would be significantly reduced. We are still tuning the curve for 7.2 trait costs, but we’re currently targeting scaling such that someone who earns twice as much AP as me will have an artifact that’s only ~1.5% stronger; someone who earns four times as much AP as me should only be 3% stronger. On the whole, this should be a massive reduction in the power gaps we see in the live game today.

The second problem with our initial implementation was that repeatable sources of Artifact Power (Mythic Keystone dungeons in particular) dominated time-limited sources such as Emissary caches and raid bosses. The fact that a large portion of the community evaluates their Artifact Power needs using “Maw runs” as the unit of measurement is ample evidence of this failure. We very recently deployed a hotfix to increase AP earned from Nighthold in order to make raiding, with a weekly-lockout, better compare in efficiency to repeated Mythic Keystone runs. And in 7.2, we’re more thoroughly addressing this issue by adding a significant amount of AP to the weekly Mythic Keystone cache, while somewhat reducing (and normalizing based on instance length) the AP awarded by repeated runs. These changes are being made to narrow the gap in AP earning, and thus power, based on time investment.

All of the above changes are aimed at allowing players the freedom and flexibility to decide how they want to spend their time, and which goals they wish to pursue, while limiting the difference in power between players who arrive at different answers to those questions.

#2 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:45 AM

Player versus Player

• Players now deal 40% less damage to other players.
  • Players now have 25% less Stamina in PvP instances.
  • Players now have 20% more Agility, Intellect, and Strength in PvP instances.
  • The honor requirements for leveling through the honor system have been reduced.
    • The amount of honor required to advance from 1 to 50 at Prestige 0 has been reduced by 50%.
  • In instanced PvP (arenas, battlegrounds, and Ashran), Artifacts now grant a minimum Stamina increase to all players. This minimum is equivalent to the purchase of 36 points, one of which is the trait which grants 10% Stamina.

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#3 Zellah

Zellah
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 1807

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:11 AM

Multispeccing still sucks, this is the thing i hate the most, i would like to play all rogue specs and at least shadow and disc, same goes for lock and druid, but it's more important in classes that can fill multiple roles, changing specs to find partners was nice..

#4 asdjbasf122

asdjbasf122
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 3v3: 2463
  • RBG: 768

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:14 AM

i have never been more excited to play... LETS FKING GOOOOOO

#5 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 1142

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:00 AM

Gg boys: you made blizzard do the classic nerf-tactic: nerf the spec by 5% instead of fixing its core problem.

#6 asdjbasf122

asdjbasf122
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:10 AM

Gg boys: you made blizzard do the classic nerf-tactic: nerf the spec by 5% instead of fixing its core problem.

OMG THE FIRST SALTY MAGE ROFL... this is such a good day wow. 

ps, youll still be tier 1 calm down 

#7 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:12 AM

OMG THE FIRST SALTY MAGE ROFL... this is such a good day wow. 

ps, youll still be tier 1 calm down

its not salty, nerd. Its just the way Blizzard handles the massive qq.

#8 asdjbasf122

asdjbasf122
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:24 AM

its not salty, nerd. Its just the way Blizzard handles the massive qq.

dawwwww little baby ;( its ok dont worry friend

#9 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:27 AM

dawwwww little baby ;( its ok dont worry friend

dude, lol. Stop making a fool out of yourself or is that too much to ask?

#10 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:38 AM

Honestly wouldn't care if they disabled queues for any mage spec that wasn't Frost.

#11 asdjbasf122

asdjbasf122
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:54 AM

im used to making a fool of myself mate. and yes its too much to ask.

#12 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:11 AM

stamina nerf / dmg nerf on fire mage seems pretty overkill
huge assa nerf.. fine i guess
buffin shammy versatility by 30% seems a joke
nerfing disc mana is retarded... like it wasn't ooming fastwr than any healer already
no idea about mm/bm buffs
finally druid nerfed

#13 Avizura

Avizura
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination 0/1/2/1/2/1/0
  • 3v3: 3101
  • RBG: 1697

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:27 AM

:mad:

#14 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2046
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

I like the changes a lot. Just too bad Blizz thinks frost dk is fine. :/ I like to cleave.

#15 Blexone

Blexone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1757
  • 3v3: 2326

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:51 AM

im used to making a fool of myself mate. and yes its too much to ask.

ye everyone should have realized when you made your "omg i quit wow my live is so much better now (but still sucks)" thread and didnt even manage to stay away from the game for more then what? a week? Ye,what an idiot for asking :D

on topic

I really like them nerfing RMD. Im just curious how the meta will change and what will be the next completely broken comb. If you think the game will be more balanced you are an idiot. Its just other combs that will shine now

Edited by Blexone, 18 February 2017 - 11:54 AM.

#16 chobi0ne

chobi0ne
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/0/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1789
  • 3v3: 2727
  • 5v5: 1651
  • RBG: 1144

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:58 AM

I really like them nerfing RMD. Im just curious how the meta will change and what will be the next completely broken comb. If you think the game will be more balanced you are an idiot. Its just other combs that will shine now

COMBS COMBS COMBS COMBS COMBS COMBS COMBS COMBS COMBS COMBS COMBS COMBS COMBS COMBS COMBS

#17 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:10 PM

why do you even bother replying to him twice lol

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#18 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:43 PM

Avenging Crusader once again ignores line of sight when healing.
Avenging Crusader will now cause Judgment and Crusader Strike to heal even if their damage is absorbed.

uzyeCHN.gif

Posted Image

#19 itsRealzin

itsRealzin

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:36 PM

Welcome your new thugcleave overlords :)

#20 Caricya

Caricya
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/1/0

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:42 PM

JUICY NERFS, but dat melee wings buff OMG, blizzard LOGIC: let's nerf melee wings mana cost, no more healing in los "FEW MONTH LATER" let's make melee wings fucking insane, healing across absorbs and los, FUCKING BLIZZARD LOGIC ahhahahah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<