• Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:28 AM

Title, does anyone remember that video or can find it on the internet? Flyn was dueling a warrior and won by deadzone kiting and spamming cone of cold and ice lance.

(met double frost mage rdruid today, our whole team was perma rooted haven't laughed so much in a while)

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#2 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:33 AM

nah fam 

"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#3 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:52 AM

I can't exactly remember where I saw it, probably the old arena-tournament forum. :(

#4 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2220
  • 3v3: 2862
  • RBG: 2164
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:15 AM

Found it

https://www.youtube....h?v=cKKZ__GiJ7U

88c809889bca995b4fb7f643cda2eb4f.png

#5 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:13 PM

I'm not sure if I was confusing this video with the 10000g flyn dueling.

#6 droolingmoron

droolingmoron
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:21 PM

the video you posted is not the video you are searching for.

the mage in the video you posted is actually pretty bad.

this is the video you were looking for:

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen.

L.W.

#7 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:41 PM

This video made me hate my life. Legit.

#Fuck_Casters

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#8 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:45 AM

Ahh yes this is the one, thanks a lot!

#9 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:08 PM

yoo did somebody say wotlk?

Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#10 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:34 PM

This video made me hate my life. Legit.

#Fuck_Casters

this video is a display of one of the greatest mages (back then) and a random dogshit warrior. The average mage was not having it that easy especially considering the warrior could literally 1 shot you if he ever reached you. See, there were no bullshit like storm bolt, heroic leaps and playin warrior was actually requiring some skills. Stance swap, rage management and btw, every sec stuck in nova or deep you were getting second wind regen. Game was so much better than the zerg fest it has now become. So, back to your statement: "fuck casters". So what would this game be ? 2 idiots runnin vs two idiots pressing buttons hoping to get lucky with crits or do unhealable damage whilst healers are spamming heals ? fun

#11 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:10 AM

this video is a display of one of the greatest mages (back then) and a random dogshit warrior. The average mage was not having it that easy especially considering the warrior could literally 1 shot you if he ever reached you. See, there were no bullshit like storm bolt, heroic leaps and playin warrior was actually requiring some skills. Stance swap, rage management and btw, every sec stuck in nova or deep you were getting second wind regen. Game was so much better than the zerg fest it has now become. So, back to your statement: "fuck casters". So what would this game be ? 2 idiots runnin vs two idiots pressing buttons hoping to get lucky with crits or do unhealable damage whilst healers are spamming heals ? fun

I know that Warriors were one shotting you if they ever reached. But that's the thing. If you played a Frost Mage in WotLK/Cata and any Warrior reached you, you were doing something wrong. Also, I am pretty sure that even back then, better Mages were playing the game.

"there were no bullshit like storm bolt, heroic leaps and playin warrior was actually requiring some skills"

^ Common misconception created by every person who is overly nostalgic of Wrath. I played Wrath on a Private and it did require something more when it comes to properly playing it, if that's what you mean. Then again, how could it not? The class was very strong, but felt as if needlessly overcomplicated. It wasn't necessarily "harder", but it definitely required you to have 300 macros to be able to execute your rotation properly or burst while using it. Or generlly do anything else effectively enough. It's actually funny though because I bet that if Leap was introduced in Wrath, the same people who are talking shit of it now would suddenly praise it, just for existing in Wrath. If anything, I believe Heroic Leap was a great mechanical addition to the game, and like it or not, it is a mechanic that promotes at least some minor level of skill when used right.

"
So what would this game be ? 2 idiots runnin vs two idiots pressing buttons hoping to get lucky with crits or do unhealable damage whilst healers are spamming heals ? fun"

Nooo! I prefer the caster meta where 2 idiots are ccing to death 2 other idiots from 40 yards away and not letting them play their characters, thinking that they have reached above maximum skillcap until we go to 8000% Dampening. That's way funnier, am I right? All jokes aside, what caster cleave fights do you enjoy watching in a stream? Because honestly they all bore me to death. LSD vs LSD? LSD vs LSD 2? MLS vs Godcomp? If I am extremely bored and that's all there is on Twitch, I always try to see if the healers are streaming so at least it can become a bit interesting.

Anyway, at the end of the day (my biasness left aside) playing a caster and playing a melee at high level require different things from the player in order to succeed. A caster is more about "controlling" until the right window of opportunity is presented. A melee is more about having less cc than a caster, using the gap closing abilities at maximum efficiency, and having (in most cases) physical cc instead of magical.

Edited by Hollowinside, 20 February 2017 - 01:19 AM.

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<