• Trollclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance 1/1/1/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1500
  • 3v3: 2843
  • RBG: 2200

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:49 PM

Hey guys, can I get some support for the elimination of faction based rewards?

https://us.battle.ne...53237330?page=1

Pce love n harmony,

Dan

Edited by dipidan, 13 February 2017 - 08:49 PM.

#2 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:14 PM

No. The faction imbalance is way too severe to have a ladder without faction based rewards. Either it stays, or introduce cross-faction arena.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#3 dipidan

dipidan
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:18 PM

Thank you for your input, EU horde player. Good luck on your pursuit of the gladiator title -- I hear it's only 2400 or something!

#4 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:20 PM

No. The faction imbalance is way too severe to have a ladder without faction based rewards. Either it stays, or introduce cross-faction arena.

This. I mean, I know it kinda kills the whole Alliance vs Horde, but seeing how the plot has gained more depth lore wise since MoP and how they have already introduced stuff like Mercenary BGs they could introduce cross-faction arena as well. It could be something positive for the game without hurting the lore aspect of WoW.

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#5 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

Thank you for your input, EU horde player. Good luck on your pursuit of the gladiator title -- I hear it's only 2400 or something!

Thanks, I've been sitting in LFG for a few days now looking for a lock. If only I was alliance.

Good luck on your prestigeous glad titles as well!

#6 dipidan

dipidan
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

My big point in the post is that the established pvp community will always have people to play with regardless of faction, and so the faction imbalance does not affect them, and then they're just left with a very easily abuse-able system 

#7 dipidan

dipidan
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:23 PM

This. I mean, I know it kinda kills the whole Alliance vs Horde, but seeing how the plot has gained more depth lore wise since MoP and how they have already introduced stuff like Mercenary BGs they could introduce cross-faction arena as well. It could be something positive for the game without hurting the lore aspect of WoW.

Curious, how much of the elite pvp community do you think cares about lore?

Edited by dipidan, 13 February 2017 - 09:23 PM.

#8 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

The elite PvP community might not care about Lore at all, much like PvE players don't give a shit about PvP fam. :) The idea is to keep making good changes without ruining the game overall. Or some of its other aspects. Honestly, did you come here for opinions or to try make yourself sound smart when you write dumb shit in your thread like;

"I understand that it can be more difficult to find arena partners on alliance"

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#9 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:27 PM

My big point in the post is that the established pvp community will always have people to play with regardless of faction, and so the faction imbalance does not affect them, and then they're just left with a very easily abuse-able system 

Yes, the ones that pay real money to transfer around for in game titles. Let them if they want to.

#10 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:29 PM

This is VERY FUNNY considering that historically US Glad/R1 has always been lower than EU Glad/R1.

So, US R.Druid player, good luck on another Glad title - I heard it's really hard as RMD! exDee

Edited by Hollowinside, 13 February 2017 - 09:30 PM.

#11 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:31 PM

Considering there is about twenty people left in the NA "elite pvp community" I think the lore holds a stronger impact on the game than them lol.

Be honest with yourself, Blizzard could remove PvP from the game (which honestly they should this shit is long overdue to just die) and it would barely dent their subscriber count. In fact, I'd even argue more people would resub because they wouldn't have to worry about PvP nerfs fucking them over in PvE.

Game is shit, and the game is dead. The sooner you can accept that, the sooner things like faction based titles don't bother you anymore. 

edit: I don't see why anybody cares anyways. If you're actually good enough to get Glad/R1 you will get it regardless of what faction you are on... :)

Edited by drzy, 13 February 2017 - 09:31 PM.

#12 dipidan

dipidan
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:33 PM

This is VERY FUNNY considering that historically US Glad/R1 has always been lower than EU Glad/R1.

So, US R.Druid player, good luck on another Glad title - I heard it's really hard as RMD! exDee

First of all, rating is scaled differently on EU and US. Secondly, I play feral and balance.

#13 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:38 PM

First of all, rating is scaled differently on EU and US. Secondly, I play feral and balance.

First of all, If rating is scaled differently - which I know it is - then how about you stop making shit ironic posts about rating yourself? :) Just curious too. And whoah, really??!?!?! You play Feral and Balance?!?!?! I guess that gives you every right to come on AJ, ask for opinions, and then talk shit to people who offered you what you asked for. Dammit man, my bad.

EDIT: I mean honestly, what the fuck is the point in bashing someone else's rating (from a different region) if when called out for the exact same thing your reply's gonna be "rating scales differently"?

Edited by Hollowinside, 13 February 2017 - 09:43 PM.

#14 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:37 AM

nice troll

if you defend the faction specific titels you're retarded.

Edited by Siuox, 14 February 2017 - 03:39 AM.

#15 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:09 AM

nice troll

I think the general consensus is that if you still allow other people obtaining titles to upset you, that you are indeed, retarded.

There is nothing prestigious about getting Gladiator anymore. There hasn't been in almost two expansions now, admittedly this one being the worst yet. On NA there are people whom would literally be 1600-1800CR in ANY other expansion in the game (WoD included) running RMx right now at 2500~ mmr. I don't think they just randomly got good in 2-3 months time either.

The game just sucks. There is really no other way to phrase it. I don't defend faction specific titles, but its not an issue where the few players left who have been getting R1 every season should be bothered by it. If you're good enough to get R1 you'll get it. I don't really see why it makes people so mad.

They could give every single person my real ID right now a free Vindictive Gladiator title and I couldn't care less. Shit just go login to any PvP server (assuming there is roughly two of those left per region) and over half the people you see are on a MoP/WoD gladiator mounts. 

Edited by drzy, 14 February 2017 - 08:10 AM.

#16 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:48 PM

nice troll

Nice reading comprehension and understanding of what I said! Oh, sorry, I didn't see your class. xD Nvm.

Did you see me defending anything? And where did you see me trolling? You are the one being a retard here (but then again no surprise, as I've heard you've always been one). :) All I did was literally tell the OP to not be a dick -an advice that should be given to you too, it seems- and say that Blizz could implement cross-faction arena since PvP is how it is atm. That's what I said:

About the OP; "EDIT: I mean honestly, what the fuck is the point in bashing someone else's rating (from a different region) if when called out for the exact same thing your reply's gonna be "rating scales differently"?"

About cross-faction arena; "I
 mean, I know it kinda kills the whole Alliance vs Horde, but seeing how the plot has gained more depth lore wise since MoP and how they have already introduced stuff like Mercenary BGs they could introduce cross-faction arena as well. It could be something positive for the game without hurting the lore aspect of WoW."

Where do you see me trolling or defending anything? I don't mean to start a flame war, but you must be either young of age, or really, really stupid. OR an RMD player I happened to trigger, seeing how the comment on which you quoted had absolutely nothing to do with what you said.  :D

Edited by Hollowinside, 14 February 2017 - 04:09 PM.

#17 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:32 PM

your reply:

maybe language barriers or you're still in kindergarten.

so for example: 2500 Rating in 3v3 on Alliance = Duelist, 2500 in 3v3 on Horde = Gladiator. You play on the same ladder.

Don't you get why this system is retarded?

And then you compare EU and US Ladder requirements for Gladiator. Different ladders. US has less players therefore lower overall ratings (I assume).

So you use this rating discrepancy between US and EU to rationalize 2400 Gladiator on Horde and 2650 Gladiator on Alliance, when Horde and Alliance player play on the same ladder.

??????????

Edited by Siuox, 14 February 2017 - 05:39 PM.

#18 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1851
  • 3v3: 2707
  • RBG: 1884

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:31 PM

Considering there is about twenty people left in the NA "elite pvp community" I think the lore holds a stronger impact on the game than them lol.

Be honest with yourself, Blizzard could remove PvP from the game (which honestly they should this shit is long overdue to just die) and it would barely dent their subscriber count. In fact, I'd even argue more people would resub because they wouldn't have to worry about PvP nerfs fucking them over in PvE.

Game is shit, and the game is dead. The sooner you can accept that, the sooner things like faction based titles don't bother you anymore. 

edit: I don't see why anybody cares anyways. If you're actually good enough to get Glad/R1 you will get it regardless of what faction you are on... :)

imagine if we still had our old "ladder system" with teams (requirement to be counted towards the player base u needed 20 games and actually be in team)

there would be like 10 r1 slots overall left in this dead game... we all saw how many few players are actually still pvping when they fucked up titles in the first place

#19 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

I don't really think the system is the worst for gladiator and below honestly, as those players are less established so being on an unpopulated faction while lf partners can make things more difficult so w.e I see some benefits of the system for the lower end of the ladder.

However at the top end it causes huge issues because obviously good players will have established teams/partners already. Being able to go on the opposite faction with your same team mates, potentially better racials for your compositon than the populated faction, and get your title at a lower rating is dumb though. You can have a medium glad level team almost guarantee themselves to achieve r1 on the opposite faction.

Personally I think the simple solution is to make the "rank 1" title be just a flat rank (similar to things like challenger in league or grand master in OW etc). Make r1 title just the top 100 regardless of faction and call it a day. Super transparent as that's also the front page of the ladder. Also this way the people that want a racial advantage on opposite factions still have to actually push higher for rating to achieve their title. Having glad being easier on another faction, w.e not the worst thing in the world. But for the most "prestigious" title just make it so this system does not effect it.

Just my opinion on it anyways.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#20 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:50 PM

your reply:

maybe language barriers or you're still in kindergarten.

so for example: 2500 Rating in 3v3 on Alliance = Duelist, 2500 in 3v3 on Horde = Gladiator. You play on the same ladder.

Don't you get why this system is retarded?

And then you compare EU and US Ladder requirements for Gladiator. Different ladders. US has less players therefore lower overall ratings (I assume).

So you use this rating discrepancy between US and EU to rationalize 2400 Gladiator on Horde and 2650 Gladiator on Alliance, when Horde and Alliance player play on the same ladder.

??????????

Dude, you still don't understand. I get the system is stupid and unfair, and I am not "defending" it, as you claim I do since I disagree with Titles being given out differently between the 2 factions if those factions are still part of the same ladder and are able to face each other off in arena anyway. I just don't get why you think I agree with the current reward system. I was being sarcastic towards the OP for being a dick at both me and Abidalzim, because he opened a thread here asking for opinions, he got what he asked for (and in a nice way as well) but still felt like being a dick. I myself told him that bashing on someone's rating from a different region is stupid.

I know that rating scales differently between EU and US, and I disagree with how Blizzard handles out their titles separately. Get it now?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: horde, alliance, gladiator, rank one, unfair, stupid, cuck, blizzard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<