• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:41 AM

I have read the guide posted by Ghazzy, but a lot of things changed. So what's your default talent and honor talent build atm?

I personally run 

felblade

prepared

bloodlet

soul rending or netherwalk

fel eruption

glaive master

fel barrage

Sorry, I don't have the extension to link a pic here.

Some people told me demon blades could save some gcds for me, and first blood be more efficient. But I feel sometimes this is no button to press if I spec demon blades. I'm getting a little bit confusing. If there is a simple answer like which is better, let me know. TY

#2 xResentfulx

xResentfulx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ghostlands
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Havoc 1/1/2/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1527
  • 3v3: 1868
  • RBG: 1781
  • LocationEurope

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

I don't know why, but 9/10 of the top DHs on EU at least at the moment are running Felblade/demon blades/first blood/desperate instincts/nemesis/glaive master/chaos blades.

I would have thought with first blood being nerfed back to how it was in 7.1 that people would go back to bloodlet, but I tried the first blood build again and honestly the burst you can do with just a single death sweep and some annihilations in the meta stun+belf racial is actually insane. Assuming you dont fuck it up and set it up correctly you will be forcing a defensive every 2 minutes, and the regular blade dance damage is still ok. I also figured demonic apetite was now the go to talent with nerfed demon blades and buffed demonic apetite, considering you can get the fragments from chaos nova as well, they heal you and reduce cd on eye beam+chaos nova, but nope. People still running demon blades and demon blades is STILL more fury than demonic apetite while in meta, which is when you really need it. I think the tier with desperate instincts is a personal choice, netherwalk is a great talent, its just that you get more use out of desperate instincts i guess and it can save you if you are getting boned in a stun.

Always take nemesis or momentum btw, you wont be killing anyone with fel eruption. 

I have seen playing vs other DH at 2300-2500 mmr, some take bloodlet, some take momentum&fel barrage and they still put out the same damage as me and can land kills so maybe it honestly is just personal preference.

PvP talents - adaptation for 2v2, otherwise relentless vs spammable cc (mage/druid/warlock) and medallion vs melee teams with stuns and big 2 min cds. Swap between 10% stam and sparring depending on whether u vs double caster or melee caster (10% stam) or double melee (sparring). Solitude always in 2v2 unless vs double dps, can also take solitude if your team doesnt need a 3 min defensive and you are playing with caster+healer, otherwise take cover of darkness cause its basically a teamwide immortality. Take reverse magic vs teams you can dispel cc with (90% of the time), its not that great for dispelling damage other than affliction locks for putting 4-5x UA back on them and then the healer kills himself with a dispel. Unending hatred otherwise at higher ratings or teams you cant dispel cc against cause you will be fury capped all game. Eye of leotheras is ok at lower ratings where they dont notice or it gets dispelled, seen mages/sp/boomkin kill themselves against it when i was at like 1500, but its not long before people know how to handle it. Demonic origins 90% of the time cause you basically stack all your cooldowns every 2 mins (nemesis+chaos blades+meta) and murder someone, but sometimes the 30 second meta duration is insane and you will need awaken the demon within vs rot teams combined with soul rending, so consider it if you are struggling against rot teams. Mana rift is broken i think, seems to do 0 damage even in a 15 min game, unless I just suck with it. Finally, since they nerfed rain from above to no longer break stuns its quite an even tier. Detainment most of the time, it breaks adaptation, cant be dispelled and its quite versatile. Mana break is good vs affliction and maybe mages/disc+holy priests if you are playing with a resto druid or disc priest cause they will spam dispel and oom quite quickly. Otherwise its kinda bad. Rain from above actually does really nice damage vs the target with nemesis on it, its like 250k every second and they cant stop you, also 40 yard range. Its easy to LoS it though and now that it doesnt break stuns theres not too much special about it. 

Sry for wall of text, hope it helps though.

dont know why the fuck this website wont update my ratings... im 2200 in 2s but that just wont update. anyone know why? :(

Edited by xResentfulx, 07 February 2017 - 09:50 PM.

#3 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:45 AM

Wow, you typed that much, I must thank you first, and read it later with my dictionary.
I don't know why they don't update your rating, since I play in CN server, I can't update mine for years. Acctualy, I should be a junkie right now. You may ask Vanguards what is going on. :P

EDIT: Tried demon blades, can't really get used to that. I been through a hard time breaking totems, and I can't really control my fury. I mean when I chaos nova someone, that just doesn't proc. Anyone got solution?

Edited by Aylien, 08 February 2017 - 06:12 AM.

#4 xResentfulx

xResentfulx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ghostlands
  • Vindication
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:48 PM

Yeah, demon blades playstyle is weird, you spend a lot of time watching ur surroundings rather than pressing demons bite which is ok, but unless you are getting lots of felblade procs it is weird. It does a lot more damage than demons bite though (usually around 6-7th on overall dmg done out of all the spells) and its always proccing during meta. Its up to you though for sure, demonic apetite is really good as well imo.

#5 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

Okayyy, I think I ma stick with demonic apetite. At least it generates more fury as the compensation of missing damage.
Thanks man, this does help a lot, especially for the fel erruption tier, and the rest make me "clueful".

#6 xResentfulx

xResentfulx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ghostlands
  • Vindication
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:29 PM

No worries :) would be nice to hear from some actual high rated dhs, not my 2300 scrub ass but they are not very active posters it seems :rolleyes:

#7 priceqtxz

priceqtxz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Havoc 0/1/2/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1699

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:24 PM

Felblade

Demon Blades

Bloodlet

Netherwalk/desperate instincts depending on comb.

Momentum/nemesis. (I play nemesis in 90% of games). This choice also relies on what comb you play.

Master of the glaive. You could play unleashed power for shorter stun CD, if you play with a class that has a slow. Although you lose DMG for not having 2 glaives.

I only play chaos blades. Chaos blades sync so well with 2 min metamorphosis. I always pop these at the same time. I see some people playing fel barrage but I feel Chaos blades + demon form works waaaay better, since you do unhealable damage to druid with double skin up for example. (You kill anything, if you have uptime through their defensives).

#8 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:57 PM

I still like momentum + fel barrage more 'cause it's samilar to the old style warrior :D. You know, switch around between targets and do damage, and won't lose pressure if I do swap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<