• Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:20 AM

I've seen nepho use surge of mist in a tourney a while ago and I'd imagine he's not the only one... but what's the reasoning? What's the healing rotation with it, spell priorities, faking, etc?

I personally can't play with it for shit, are there any streamers/vods of mistweavers usinig it so I can study a bit? Ryo only ever plays AMA from what I've seen and I don't know any other mw monk streams.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#2 Rorechec

Rorechec
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/1/./.

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:46 AM

He was using surge of mist vs 2-ble casters i believe? + vivify only as casted heal so i guess that was talented with the talent on the last pvp tier.

From my exp vs 2x casters you dont need that extra healing from AMA and also the games are longer so u need mana. You can just use  thunder focus to keep 3x /buffed talented/ Rem on every1 keep enveloping+statue on main target and i like to use depending on the comp healing spheres. You cant realiably use them on party but you can pop 1-2 around the pillar and free dispell yourself from the random dots on you when rem/enveloping/dispel are on cd. That+healing elixir and sheilun behind the pillar is enough to keep you fine. You can dispel 2x targets  this way constantly which will make that casters spend way too many globals to reaplying that dots back and they just lose preassure.

Its awkward but surge is better vs some comps. It was great vs arcane/outlaw too before the patch .

#3 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:07 AM

Sorry, as I can't load twitch out there, I barely know any streams.

I had played surge of mist in the start of legion, It was really hard to heal. You have to cast effuse and vivify everything to keep people safe. I don't like to cast, that's why I play MW :D. I love the style of AMA, that makes me easy to fake, and I could multi EM if that is really needed.

But I think the benefit of surge of mist is if you are trained, you got 10% damage reduction since it's uninterruptale, and it saves mana. Fortune turned might make you more easy to top people.

Spell priority could be renewing->EM->effuse or vivify.

#4 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

Im just a washed up has-been but its my belief that anyone going surge of mist is ignorant

Edit:  perhaps it was me who was ignorant, it sure is relaxing to play surge of mist when you can get away with it.

#5 doublejump

doublejump
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Havoc 1/2/2/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1661
  • 3v3: 2069
  • RBG: 1706

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:33 PM

Im just a washed up has-been but its my belief that anyone going surge of mist is ignorant

its a good way to save mana

#6 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:59 AM

its a good way to save mana

Well yeah but in the same sense that chopping off my left arm is a good way to lose weight.

#7 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:14 PM

They stealth hotfixed thunder focus tea + AMA to not consume a charge when you use enveloping mist, nice quality of life change.

#8 Rorechec

Rorechec
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/1/./.

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:15 PM

It depends on the comp you play and the enemy team ofc but surgie of mist is by far superior vs 2x casters teams (especially the spread dots teams) you practically never oom, you sit behind a pillar mostly, the healing is just fine and u cant get locked. Its also pretty descent vs some of the r/m variations. Surge just sux vs stuff like turbo tsg mm/x etc where you need high single target constantly

#9 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:23 AM

It depends on the comp you play and the enemy team ofc but surgie of mist is by far superior vs 2x casters teams (especially the spread dots teams) you practically never oom, you sit behind a pillar mostly, the healing is just fine and u cant get locked.

How do you outheal the dmg when your 7 sec enveloping mist gets purged the moment you put it on though?

#10 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:25 PM

Monk

Ancient Mistweaver Arts no longer allows Soothing Mist to continue to heal while the player is stunned, silenced, disoriented, or otherwise interrupted.

I love how it took them 2 whole days to notice, that shit was fun while it lasted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<