Photo

working melee cleaves / best healers for melee comps?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dyo

Dyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1919
  • RBG: 576

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:35 PM

See title. What is working right now? Some insights on which healers fit best to certain comps would make me really happy ;)

#2 DkH.ZeRa

DkH.ZeRa
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1674
  • 3v3: 2551
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1769

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:55 PM

You want to find the best melee comp?

One class's strengths should make up for the other class's weaknesses. Unholy DK's largest weakness is mobility, so paring them with a Holy Paladin for Hand of Freedom is the best. Additional note on Hpal - DKs could pick slow instead of their stun, so HoJ is even better.

Minimize overlapping DRs - for example, MW+DH isn't optimal due to Paralyze and Cage sharing DR. However, Cage and Clone do not share DR so DH/Druid could be a good choice.

Control level of the DPS and healing output of the healer should work together. Casters work's so well with Shaman because Shaman throughput is insane, while casters have plenty of peels to let the Shaman freecast. Also skyfury scales really good with Warlocks for example.

If you want to play a strong melee cleave it could be good to choose a healer that can survive alone for some time. Melees don't have that much peel for you. They work via pressure.

You can find the actual list of all DRs here:

https://us.battle.ne...pic/16646854528

Edited by DkH.ZeRa, 02 February 2017 - 04:03 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Dyo

Dyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1919
  • RBG: 576

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:09 PM

As the title says I want to know the working ones. Not the best one.

Im an active player, but this season, especially after 7.1.5 a lot of things changed. I used to play caster comps, MLP mostly, and i have a pool of healers. But that doenst seem to work right now, at least not for us so i want to consider swapping to a 2500+ potential melee cleave.

Since Unholy DK is the meta right now DKs do have a stun. So im wondering if a Paladin is the best choice for a DK/DH.

DH doesnt really need freedoms so i can see other healers working here better.

As you said melees work via pressure, and right now in this state of the game i experienced that games are decided by who "has the better pve rotation" and outpressures the other, not including CC. So i thought a healer that has a good raw heal output like druid with healing touch specc might be the go to choice right now. 

I dont know what fits best to a Unholy DK right now, since DH/DK or TSG seemed to really benefit from Frosts cleave damage. Is that still working with an unholy dk?

WW monk just got nerfed too, so i guess WKD is dead. 

Any argumentation is welcomed!

Edited by Dyo, 02 February 2017 - 05:12 PM.

#4 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

See title. What is working right now? Some insights on which healers fit best to certain comps would make me really happy ;)

Not really sure but if I had to take a guess, Turbo and MW TSG could probably be played high enough. I tried Ret/DH/MW to 2.2+ (dropped about 100 cr yesterday trying this with Druid instead) and it seems to be fun and have some potential. DK/DH could probably also work, unsure about the best healer for it though.

For the record, you are wrong to say Demon Hunters don't need Freedoms. They have many gap closers but root effects are one of a DH's weaknesses. Also, not all mellee comps work via pressure - some rely on kiting then swapping with cds to targets who have no Trink/Adapt/Defenses left. If you really plan on playing a mellee cleave though, this meta favors mostly the "PvE AoE dmg everywhere" type.

Best regards!

Edited by Hollowinside, 02 February 2017 - 06:41 PM.

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#5 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:29 AM

The way I feel, MW got mana issue, druid got hard casts. I do not think freedom is necessary.
Unholy/DH is the thing I wanna play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<