• EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:01 PM

Not sure about Ion Hatzikostas

pruning is all him

initial aims for class design (simplification) is all him

increasing rng each expansion as a fake hook to try and keep people playing for longer is all him

However, the fact that part of the blame falls on the shoulders of Ion and Celestalon does not make Holinka a saint all of a sudden.

i'm not saying Holinka is a saint, i'm saying its wrong to get angry at him specifically for legion pvp being so completely horrible when the game in general and class design specifically is such a pile of shit already before Holinka even gets to start looking at the pvp aspect

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 04 February 2017 - 08:05 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#22 Bersihasi

Bersihasi
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1046
  • 3v3: 2301
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 2421

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:44 PM

Ashran would have been fine in wod if classes had been fun to play in pvp and with no rng gear aspect

Ion Hazzikostas and Celestalon are the ones fucking class design and by extension pvp for the last few expansions

classes have no depth and are not fun to play outside of raids > pvp participation dies

the solution is to make classes fun to play again outside raiding, not introduce moba teambuilding into a dying pvp community to try and bandage over the actual issues

Well see pruning is an issue i agree but you want to overhaul the complete classdesign. Dont you think thats wishful thinking? With pvp talents they are already working against pruning. And its still in its early stage so maybe after a few seasons the pvp talents will replace what was taken away by pruning. Other than that i think a lot of classes actually are fun but i guess thats subjective.

If you for once put yourself in the shoes of a casual you will come to the conclusion that you cannot just log in and play arena for fun. Every other pvp game has matchmaking as their standard gateway for new players. I dont feel like this even should be a discussion. Sure there are a lot of issues with the current state of pvp but with how blizzard is run nowadays you can not scream for complete overhauls. You take what you already have and try to implement or improve it in systems that would benefit from it. 

In my point of view its either adding matchmaking or updating the LFG tool. 

Edited by Bersihasi, 04 February 2017 - 09:45 PM.

Posted Image

#23 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:54 AM

Well see pruning is an issue i agree but you want to overhaul the complete classdesign. Dont you think thats wishful thinking? With pvp talents they are already working against pruning. And its still in its early stage so maybe after a few seasons the pvp talents will replace what was taken away by pruning. Other than that i think a lot of classes actually are fun but i guess thats subjective.

depends on the class you play clearly - mages for instance get fuck all from their pvp talents since everything is either passive or useless or both

personally think pvp talents were an un-necessary addition that gives them the justification to prune even more baseline utility in the future, but I have enough problems with their shitty no choice talent design in pve already without going into that here

If you for once put yourself in the shoes of a casual you will come to the conclusion that you cannot just log in and play arena for fun. Every other pvp game has matchmaking as their standard gateway for new players. I dont feel like this even should be a discussion. Sure there are a lot of issues with the current state of pvp but with how blizzard is run nowadays you can not scream for complete overhauls. You take what you already have and try to implement or improve it in systems that would benefit from it. 

In my point of view its either adding matchmaking or updating the LFG tool. 

again, depends on your point of view - i think this game was massively better when everyone had a reason to do everything (pve, pvp, etc) rather then now when some people play arena 24 hours a day and would rather die then enter a raid, and the game enables you to do that

I also don't think the best casual introduction to pvp is to throw you into 3v3 with a random comp and random teamm8s and 40 seconds before the game starts to work out what the hell is happening, but anyway

they copypasted enough from diablo into this game, when this game is not diablo

they don't need to start doing the same thing with moba games, this game is not a moba

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 05 February 2017 - 01:32 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#24 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:40 PM

I'm mildly annoyed by the title. Tabards aren't back, they will be back, eventually.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<