Photo

Some questions from who want to improve!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DantiusEU

DantiusEU
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/2/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1441
  • 3v3: 768

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:42 PM

Hi guys, first of all i only have 1.9k from pandaria, im not a 2k player but want to improve my skill to become at least 2k this season.

I wanna ask you some question about warriors!

1. What do you think about Titanic Might?

From what i've seen Avatar + Deadly Calm are good with comps that burst a lot and need on demand burst like Turbo or TSG, but i found my self playing with Avatar + Titanic Might or Rend + Titanic Might, what i've noticed is that Titanic Might is a good talent cause you can save globals for Mortal strike when tactician proc and use Colossus Smash only for damage or when u need to reapply it.

2. What do you think about Rend + Titanic Might?

As i said i played a lot of Rend + Titanic Might in 2s/3s, i noticed that this is the go-to combination when you're kited a lot and can't get to your target, plus you have more pressure from Multi DoT and can do damage even when CCed, but if you can stick on your target and the enemy teams doesnt have a lot of CC to counter you, i think Avatar + DC/TM is better, Am I Right?

3. Why a lot of High Rated Players are switching Fury?

Is better than Arms nowdays?

Thanks to everyone who will answer my questions and sorry for my bad english.

Cya & HF!

#2 Chili

Chili
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • 2v2: 1127
  • 3v3: 2418
  • LocationMalbork, Poland

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:49 PM

I've personally always liked Rend ability so I recently started playing with it too. It is good in Turbo as well coz the ticks are affected by shaman's Heroism. All in all a pretty good choice (with Titanic Might like you mentioned above), tho I sometimes feel like not having enough GCDs to keep it up on everyone, I mean Focused Rage could possibly fit better due to that fact (I still prefer combo Xd).
Also, I am omw to reroll Fury when I get my traits. Arms just feels not atm.

Edited by Chili, 27 January 2017 - 01:51 PM.

#3 illizit

illizit
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/2/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1475
  • 3v3: 2220
  • 5v5: 1049
  • RBG: 1795
  • LocationUnitd Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:16 PM

Recently maxed out traits on Fury after the frustration I've had in 2s with Arms. Fury damage is better, the burst is better and survivability seems stronger (healer can leave me alone for longer than normal).

In 3s, Arms still has a few, and I mean few comps. TSG seems strongest in my eyes. Really only being useful for MS and Sharpen blade. I've been testing a lot of comps out and Fury just seems to fit better with the incredible burst it's got. People are still not use to such burst from a Warrior so catching a lot of people off guard.

In 2s, Fury is hands down better, it can actually hold its ground really well with a good Rdruid. Still frustration as fuck to play but Arms is just pure torture in 2s right now.

long story short, for 2k in 2s. Fury. hands down, with a good Rdruid (then Shaman, monk, pala imo)

in 3s, if you really wanna play arms, TSG. Turbo is still effective around that tier. Warrior / DH / x healer seems fairly effective.

I would like to try Arms / Feral / Healer. With how op Feral is and maim talent is just incredible to fuck over anyone with adaption.

I haven't used rend a lot recently, But I think I will, simply because the "Burst" from avatar is 1 - not life threaten or even getting major CD's from healers unless you get some sick procs. 2 - easily countered by various classes. Rend I think will open up our damage and cleave better, Focus Rend macros would be ideal as well just to have that ticking (Like Chili said, with hero, this can cause some serious pressure)

#4 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 27 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

I've personally always liked Rend ability so I recently started playing with it too. It is good in Turbo as well coz the ticks are affected by shaman's Heroism. All in all a pretty good choice (with Titanic Might like you mentioned above), tho I sometimes feel like not having enough GCDs to keep it up on everyone, I mean Focused Rage could possibly fit better due to that fact (I still prefer combo Xd).
Also, I am omw to reroll Fury when I get my traits. Arms just feels not atm.

Very interesting Chili, thank you for the info! I have a question. If you were to run Thundercleave with a R.Druid would you go Arms or Fury? And would you play Arms with or without Rend?

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#5 Chili

Chili
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • 2v2: 1127
  • 3v3: 2418
  • LocationMalbork, Poland

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:18 PM

Our druid kind of quit, so I only played with Nopre & some glad Pally (2.3max tho :S). Yea, I did play with Rend actually (SS against cleaves) or Overpower (every other comps) + Combo since I don't like FR playstyle that much = speaking of Turbo, that is. 

Thunder - Dunno I played with some decent players and couldn't break 2.2 (even though we tryharded as fuck haha). Rendish here as well, it's just a better option for long lasting games, and after all this healing changes you mostly have such games. I would really like to try Fury out, but like said above, I've just started rerolling so I can't really tell yet (got like 45 on Arms and only 20 on Fury w/o the relics even…)

Edited by Chili, 27 January 2017 - 04:19 PM.

#6 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:42 PM

Our druid kind of quit, so I only played with Nopre & some glad Pally (2.3max tho :S). Yea, I did play with Rend actually (SS against cleaves) or Overpower (every other comps) + Combo since I don't like FR playstyle that much = speaking of Turbo, that is. 

Thunder - Dunno I played with some decent players and couldn't break 2.2 (even though we tryharded as fuck haha). Rendish here as well, it's just a better option for long lasting games, and after all this healing changes you mostly have such games. I would really like to try Fury out, but like said above, I've just started rerolling so I can't really tell yet (got like 45 on Arms and only 20 on Fury w/o the relics even…)

I see. Thanks once again! :)

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#7 Mazabean

Mazabean
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 860
  • 3v3: 2358
  • RBG: 960

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:54 PM

So far I've been running turbo as fury and it has its limitations but is still a very solid comp to run. I'm looking to try ret/fury or fury/windwalker soon 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<