#1 Avicularia

Avicularia
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:41 AM

What are in your opinion the best comps in 2v2 and 3v3 for disc priest atm?

For 2v2 it looks like most common is :priest: :rogue:. I have tried that and we had some troubles with :hunter: comps, so I tried to play with :hunter: myself and it looks really solid but today they got massive nerf (7,5%).

Other comps that I meet are:

:priest: monk

:priest: DH

:priest: :mage:

What in your opinion is the best option and why?

3v3 now. I have tried RMP, but I feel like there is no reason for them to take priest over the druid, I just go oom kinda fast, have no viable CC, and no hots to keep them alive when I got CC on me.

It just feels like for every cleave comp monk is far better and for every CC/control there is just no point to take priest over druid.

#2 cippi

cippi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1964
  • RBG: 959

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:03 AM

We played disc/rog/boomie 3s and did pretty well. Played around 2.1-2.4k without bigger troubles

Posted Image

#3 Conditions

Conditions
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:39 PM

Rogue/Priest is a staple for 2s, don't feel any other Disc Priest comp is better. In a short game Rogue is amazing, in a longer game Rogue just gets stronger, can pull off some filthy resets too.

3s RMP is good, but RMD is just better. Plus you really have to know very well who you play with, you could all be 2400 players but you'll play as though you're 2k in a fresh RMP with new friends, at least that's how I feel when playing RMP with pugs.

Melee cleaves are decent with a Priest, FMP isn't as strong as it was last season, might be better now with feral being rebuffed though. Boomkin/Monk or Rogue with a Priest is also not only good but extremely fun to play as Cippi has mentioned.

xY5YWFw.png

#4 Avicularia

Avicularia
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:07 AM

Any tips how to beat holy pala/DK as priest/rogue? They both just deal so much dmg, that I have to spam shadowmend all the time, and don't even have time to do anything else. (They sit on rogue)

#5 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:00 PM

What are in your opinion the best comps in 2v2 and 3v3 for disc priest atm?

For 2v2 it looks like most common is :priest: :rogue:. I have tried that and we had some troubles with :hunter: comps, so I tried to play with :hunter: myself and it looks really solid but today they got massive nerf (7,5%).

Other comps that I meet are:

:priest: monk

:priest: DH

:priest: :mage:

What in your opinion is the best option and why?

3v3 now. I have tried RMP, but I feel like there is no reason for them to take priest over the druid, I just go oom kinda fast, have no viable CC, and no hots to keep them alive when I got CC on me.

It just feels like for every cleave comp monk is far better and for every CC/control there is just no point to take priest over druid.

I am sorry, but I feel like I have some corrections to make here.

RMD is stronger than RMP, yes. That doesn't mean RMP isn't OP as well. And what exactly do you mean by saying "I have no viable cc"? Like, Fear is not a viable cc? Since when? Plus, the idea is that when you get cc'ed, people should be dying (unless ofc you are a Druid). This is not a downside of RMP, this is how every normal comp works. If you feel like you get cc'ed too much tell your Mage and Rogue to communicate better with themselves.

As for your question, I would probably say Assa / Disc for 2's and Assa / Fire / Disc for 3's.

RMP/D feels retarded to face because 2/3 of my team are not playing the game. And that's coming solely from the Mage and the Rogue.

Edited by Hollowinside, 04 February 2017 - 02:00 PM.

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#6 sorrypriest

sorrypriest
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2607
  • RBG: 960

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:18 AM

I think a good rog mage with synergy could even play with a MW on highrating ^^