• Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 1/2/2/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1538
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:33 PM

In a truly groundbreaking moment, something has happened that has never happened before in the history of World of Warcraft:

Blizzard listened to the PvP community. 

#WeWereThere

Edited by Krassz1096, 24 January 2017 - 09:34 PM.

#22 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:39 PM

BUT AN UPDATE:

http://blue.mmo-cham...mogs-available/

THEY AREN'T DOING IT ANYMORE! 

Blizzard listened to the PvP community. 

#WeWereThere

Now nerf rogue/mage.

Edited by Jim_Jim, 24 January 2017 - 09:52 PM.

Posted Image

#23 Krassz1096

Krassz1096
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 1/2/2/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1538
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:04 PM

Now nerf rogue/mage.

Don't get too hasty, only one thing will be listened to per decade regarding PvP. 

#24 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:22 AM

Hey.

For those who haven’t followed this new change, Blizzard planned to add the old elite set from the previous seasons (So, Cataclysm S9 to the current one.), and they asked our opinions about that.

Maybe this forum is not the best place to talk about that, but as it touches our pvp community (and as I have nothing to do at work), I think it deserves our attention.

Deep inside of me, this potential change made me say “Ah, I will finally have the S9 and the beautiful S10 elite set I’ve deleted due to lack of space and no transmog back then – thanks S11 -, and the S11 2-hands weapons I didn’t buy because I never play ret after S2 to complete the best looking set for paladin”, because, for the tiny story, I constantly asked the Blizzard assistance to gave me back the season 10 elite set (The blue/red one), and I always have a friendly, but irritating “Nope.” as answer.

However, one thing I always loved in RPGs is the “unique” part. My first online game was Neverwinter Night, and you can create an absolute unique character, with the race, the classes (You had 40 levels to “spend” on max 3 classes, so you can be a level 40 warrior, or a level 20 warrior/level 20 priest, with advantages for being a full class, or more versatility or good combo by being an hybride – imagine on WoW, everyone would be mage/x), the spells, the divinity, and the talents, which could be something completetly worthless for combat, but awesome for conversation with NPC to have more options. 2 differents players, even if both of them were playing a "Level 20 warrior level 20 priest" can be completely different. The first could have been a healer with fighting abilities, and the other one a pure deathknight, summoning undead minions and draining life.

I never find this unique aspect of class customization in WoW, almost never. The talent tree from Vanilla to WoD never gave me this feeling of “Ok, I’m playing something weird, but I have results with it.” The old talent tree were exactly the artifact now, some “+1% crit” here, some “Oh, less mana cost on this”. Despite the possibility of hybrid spec, the only time I felt really different was in TBC, with the 40/0/21 spec. (And for another subject, the idea of "spec" in a single class break every dream of customization for me.)

Transmogrification in season 11 gave me that feeling, and countless amount of hours (and gold) spend on nothing more than creating dozens of transmog set. If I face someone with the same transmog as me in arena (Example the season 11 elite), I change the next game. And I will probably use it again 2 days later.

I never thought having a elite set, or a rank X in Vanilla was something prestigious or a demonstration of better player (Even if having 2200 in Cata was "harder" compared to now thanks to mmr inflation and stuff). It’s just the sign of “I was there”. My old priest has a rank 10 (By playing 24h/24H during 2 weeks), and even if I stopped playing him back after S2, when Blizzard decide that the old pvp set were available to transmog only if you had the legacy achievement, I was happy. Unfortunately, the rbg rating destroy this demonstration of “I’m an old school player.”.

Same for the T3, who lost all his “Holy shit” transmog value since you can obtain them in the black market. Now, it’s more “Ok, this guy have a lot of gold.”. Same for some Vanilla ZG weapons, like the polearm (Which had a proc to execute someone) I have in my bank, but now, the appearance is droppable in the isle of thunder in MoP.
I think the old elite set must stay unobtainable. Like the old weapons from Naxx40 (Ashbringer for the most known one), like the old Undead set from the Necropolis invasion (The one I have who looks like the T2 paladin, even more awesome on a non-plate class, because the look is exactly the same.). Like the tabard of the pre-BC event, the olympic game one, or the one with the "WoW" logo on it.

Unless they have a magical way to track the old rating between 2 dates, i think it's not a really good idea.

I’d rather have a second elite set, another recolor from the current season, but with way more things needed than only having a X rating. Something which need some will to do it, like a huge meta achievement. (Winning 100 games, having X rating, being prestige X, win 10 games in a row after X rating., win 100 BG, win 100 rbg). Something to say “Ok, this guy worked for it.”, something difficult, something interesting.

Ok, it's maybe unfair for the PvE players, on which everyone can obtain the mythic or highest difficulty gear 2 xpac later, but i think PvP deserves something, for once, exclusive.
Because i'm afraid that the next step would be "Why can't we have the old gladiator mount? Everyone can obtain Garrosh mount easily now"

What's your opinion?

EDIT : Thanks Bersihasi for the blue post, i couldn't link them at work. :D

A very interesting topic, Jimjim. I have tried opening this topic with various players in the past, but for some reason whenever I asked their opinion about this they reacted in a way as if to say that this is more taboo than religion! -_-' Before I start saying anything, take in mind that when it comes to this discussion I might be very biased, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I can see both sides as to bring or not bring them back (even though it has already been decided not to). My personal opinion on the matter is that old Elite PvP Gear is the equivalent of old Heroic PvE Gear. If you can obtain one, then why not the other? Both PvP and PvE are actual game categories who offer their own challenging difficulty and requirements to overcome. I don't get why the PvP one has to be treated as more special (and this is coming from someone who HATES PvE).
Now, I can understand the players who say "I got it back then when it was available and worked for it, why should anyone else have it?". Well, 2 reasons;

1) 2.200 (later 2.000) in 3's/5's RBG is actually not a hard Feat to do. This is low rating anyway. Plus, the players who supposedly would be able to get it wouldn't acquire it for free. They would still have to work the same amount that the original players did back then.
2) Open a vocabulary. The word "Elite" is meant to describe the best of the best, not "Player X was active during date Y". There are people who didn't play back then but got consecutive Rank 1 titles in all the expansions that came afterwards. No matter how you put it, these people will always be better than your average 2.2k Joe (who could have been a pve rbg hero) from back in that date. Why is there something in the game that a multi-Rank 1 cannot get, while a random 2.2k/2k player who happened to play back in the day has access to in the first place? After all, Elite gear was meant to show-off skill, not an expiration date.

A flaw in that way of thinking, however, is that taking everything by this kind of logic, then everything should be available back in the game, which is actually (obviously) wrong, and something that I do not support. By adopting this logic, someone might bring up similar arguments one day about how Tabards/Mounts/Titles should be brought back as well.

I don't know... I myself happen to have some unobtainable Sets/Weapons/Elite Gear/Toys/Pets/Mounts on different classes/characters and whatnot. If anyone came to ask me (as it has happened by a Mage named Jonsnow with weird letters or smth) "How would you feel if any of the exclusive stuff you have became available again to players???" my answer would honestly be "I don't give a shit, provided of course that they would still have to WORK for it, and not having it given to them for free.". After all, what matters to me personally is that I worked my ass and I got myself that good reward that I was longing and dreaming of so desperately. If other people have it or not, is "their business". Personally, I wouldn't give a shit if I had it.

In the end, I would vote for it if it was for elite gear only. After all, what is this pride all about? I have been talked bad to from players whose best argument in the discussion was basically this (with a touch of sarcasm): "SO YOU WANT OTHER PEOPLE TO HAVE MY 2.2 SCRUB RATING ELITE GEAR?!?!?! INCONCEIVABLE!". Heck, not even 2.2k since the requirement changed to 2k since MoP! XDDD Like, seriously, how PROUD can one possibly be for feeling the need to be rewarded something special for achieving, what, 2k? The majority of these players as well are those who stay at that rating forever too, for some reason. Maybe they are bad (or well, not good enough) at the game and still want to be treated as somebody special? No idea. But Elite Gear is not actually something to be taken into consideration as any huge feat. I have several Elite Gears on different classes, and it's no big deal imo.

Sorry for the huge wall of text. What's say you, Jimjim?

EDIT: Grammar.

Edited by Hollowinside, 25 January 2017 - 04:53 PM.

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#25 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:39 AM

Something more to add to that. I actually have 2 incomplete Elite PvP Sets (one on Pala and one on Priest) because I didn't have enough currency to buy the rest. What about issues like these? I got the rating it asked me to, back in the day, so in that sense I did prove I was "worth it". Shouldn't I be able to buy those pieces/weapons?

Plus, who knows? Maybe this will revitalize PvP a bit? I know many people who don't PvP anymore due to Arena not having enough or adequate rewards. Thoughts on this?

Edited by Hollowinside, 25 January 2017 - 02:44 AM.

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#26 Illuminareyolo

Illuminareyolo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1589
  • 3v3: 1951
  • 5v5: 1423
  • RBG: 959
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:04 AM

Noo nooo nooo nooooo, bad fucking idea....  gear wont be unique anymore.... 

#27 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:02 PM

A very interesting topic, Jimjim. I have tried opening this topic with various players in the past, but for some reason whenever I asked their opinion about this they reacted in a way as if to say that this is more taboo than religion! -_-' Before I start saying anything, take in mind that when it comes to this discussion I might be very biased, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.
I can see both sides as to bring or not bring them back (even though it has already been decided not to). My personal opinion on the matter is that old Elite PvP Gear is the equivalent of old Heroic PvE Gear. If you can obtain one, then why not the other? Both PvP and PvE are actual game categories who offer their own challenging difficulty and requirements to overcome. I don't get why the PvP one has to be treated as more special (and this is coming from someone who HATES PvE).
Now, I can understand the players who say "I got it back then when it was available and worked for it, why should anyone else have it?". Well, 2 reasons;
1) 2.200 (later 2.000) in 3's/5's RBG is actually not a hard Feat to do. This is low rating anyway. Plus, the players who supposedly would be able to get it wouldn't acquire it for free. They would still have to work the same amount that the original players did back then.
2) Open a vocabulary. The word "Elite" is meant to describe the best of the best, not "Player X was active during date Y". There are people who didn't play back then but got consecutive Rank 1 titles in all the expansions that came afterwards. No matter how you put it, these people will always be better than your average 2.2k Joe (who could have been a pve rbg hero) from back in that date. Why is there something in the game that a multi-Rank 1 cannot get, while a random 2.2k/2k player who happened to play back in the day has access to in the first place? After all, Elite gear was meant to show-off skill, not an expiration date.
A flaw in that way of thinking, however, is that taking everything by this kind of logic, then everything should be available back in the game, which is actually (obviously) wrong, and something that I do not support. By adopting this logic, someone might bring up similar arguments one day about how Tabards/Mounts/Titles should be brought back as well.
I don't know... I myself happen to have some unobtainable Sets/Weapons/Elite Gear on different classes/Toys/Pets/Mounts and whatnot. If anyone came to ask me (as it has happened by a Mage named Jonsnow with weird letters or smth) "How would you feel if any of the exclusive stuff you have became available again to players???" my answer would honestly be "I don't give a shit, provided of course that they would still have to WORK for it, and not having it given to them for free.". After all, what matters to me personally is that I worked my ass and I got myself that good reward that I was longing and dreaming of so desperately. If other people have it or not, is "their business". Personally, I wouldn't give a shit if I had it.
In the end, I would vote for it if it was for elite gear only. After all, what is this pride all about? I have been talked bad to from players whose best argument in the discussion was basically this (with a touch of sarcasm): "SO YOU WANT OTHER PEOPLE TO HAVE MY 2.2 SCRUB RATING ELITE GEAR?!?!?! INCONCEIVABLE!". Heck, not even 2.2k since the requirement changed to 2k since MoP! XDDD Like, seriously, how PROUD can one possibly be for feeling the need to be rewarded something special for achieving, what, 2k? The majority of these players as well are those who stay at that rating forever too, for some reason. Maybe they are bad (or well, not good enough) at the game and still want to be treated as somebody special? No idea. But Elite Gear is not actually something to be taken into consideration as any huge feat. I have several Elite Gears on different classes, and it's no big deal imo.
Sorry for the huge wall of text. What's say you, Jimjim?

Of course it is pride. I don’t know any multiplayer game which isn’t ruled by pride. That’s why everyone plays multiplayers games : to compared themselves to others. Even the most simplistic type of games (FPS games) like Overwatch – Simplistic as the purpose of the game, aim and shoot, not how to play or master it -.) have this : the scoreboard, the play of the game, the votes, and to be more bound to our subject : the event skins. Everything is done to increase the player’s ego. And for the skins, it’s like if peoples on the Overwatch forum complain that the Halloween skins aren’t available to drop/buy after… Halloween.
I read the forums about the topic, and we (PvP players) are described as a toxic community. Maybe it’s true if you are a new player and you watch popular PvP streamers (Most of them are… ieurrgh) or this forum, maybe not, I don’t think pure PvE players are better in any way. I saw 12 years ago the Vanilla community, extremely elitist if you weren’t a “real player” (= Have a good spec + can play a lot), the PvP one is not as hurtful as this one.
People loves exclusives things in games, in every part of the game, you need a reason to be proud of your character, even if it’s not “hard” or “challenging”, even if it’s a pet, a tabard, a mount, a title, even your name. Something is not attractive, or exciting to get if every people, even your own alt can have it later, and with ease. Of course it wasn’t prestigious to have the “Elite” set. I never saw those sets as something to say “Hey, my penis is clearly bigger.”, more than “I want to spend conquest point to something useless I find cool looking.”.

Without exclusives and rares things, where is the motivation? Would you do arenas if it wasn’t purely for arenas? Perhaps yes, perhaps no, but I think most of the pvp community would stop arenas if you can’t have the chance to have the mount at the end, and the title, and even the elite set. This why Vanilla was that good, not because of the horrible balance, the slow and boring leveling and the elitist community. It was because it was new, and everything was rare and seems unobtainable to your eyes (Now with all our knowledge, the only thing left is… the game itself, so, bleh). When you stop what you were doing because someone with the rivendare mount just pop in front of you, someone with Thunderfury etc, someone with the R14… You were jealous as fuck, but you still had hope to be someone like that one day, or droping/find something secret that you will be the only one to have for a time.

Right now, when I see someone with the T3, I barely pay attention, because you can have it with the BM. Someone with the black qiraji mount, or an old glad mount, I will instantly inspect him. I would totally inspect or watch someone with the old PvP set from Vanilla, if this one was still usable by the old “veterans”. If everyone can access to everything from anytime, there will be no passion anymore. If I saw a paladin with the S10 elite gear, I will try it on my paladin, and be jealous as fuck.

Of course it’s unfair, S9 to the current season means a lot of unobtainable elite set, way more than the PvE one which are clearly doable now (Mythic) in a small group without strats, but I don’t understand something. It was clearly stated that every set will be unobtainable after the end of the season, so, you had your chance between 2 dates (And as many I guess, I deleted the S9 and the absolute gorgeous S10 one because of bag space – and no transmog announcement -). Exactly as the CM set (MoP) and weapons (WoD). And calling people childish (in the official forum) because they want to be “special snowflakes” is quite ironic in a type of game where the main goal is/was to be unique in a big world, and I have the best example to throw : the Wotlk glad mount. The frostwyrm was absolutely exclusive to PvP (OT : I “lost” for some reason my S5 wyrm from one week to another, even if I was glad back then, weird.), it was the first time a mount wasn’t a recolor or a “Take this + armor” type of mount. I remember the mayhem that this decision bring, that was awful.

I don’t think re-add them is a good idea, I’d rather have the opposite, add new things which will disappear after a time, for PvE and PvP. Because the first idea would have lead to waaaay more. The glad mount for example, it’s as useless as the elite set, and it’s unobtainable. And for PvE, the CM set and weapons. All the colors from the PvP set (The S14 one, the horde, is black, while the alliance one is yellow, and the elite is red/wine), the helm from WoD Garrison reputation (Laughing skull.), the mount from the ally one, all the old weapons from Naxx40, Anathema, the old set from Scholomance (I got it !)…It’s not about counting what “part” of the game (PvE, PvP) got more unobtainable things. It’s about keeping things unique, rare, and keep the motivation to be different (not better !) compared to your neighbor.
There is a mount you can still obtain now which require some raid achievement from the first raids in MoP, this is one of my favorite mount, and to obtain it, you had to do easy achievements (2 xpacs later of course), and one which is, even right now, a complete hell to do if you want to do in PU, because you have to be 10, and make NO mistakes. They removed this achievement from the meta-one, to make it more… accessible. :(

I miss lots of things with my paladin, I miss the zulian tiger because I was lazy to do it each week when it was easy as fuck, same for the amani war bear, I didn’t get glad for one of the best glad mount in my eyes (The first one from MoP, the white one). I didn’t buy the red and blue enchant from WoD because I thought I will have them back in Legion.
Well, that’s the game. I played, I lost. I had way enough time to do it, but I didn’t. It’s my fault, not Blizzard being “horrible to let this things unobtainable.”.
(To be honest, the one I deeply regret is the blue enchant from WoD, he was wonderful.)
Posted Image

#28 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

Something more to add to that. I actually have 2 incomplete Elite PvP Sets (one on Pala and one on Priest) because I didn't have enough currency to buy the rest. What about issues like these? I got the rating it asked me to, back in the day, so in that sense I did prove I was "worth it". Shouldn't I be able to buy those pieces/weapons?

Plus, who knows? Maybe this will revitalize PvP a bit? I know many people who don't PvP anymore due to Arena not having enough or adequate rewards. Thoughts on this?

There's a huge black hole between 0 and 2000 for 95 % of the pvpers. Incentives at 2.2 won't revitalize anything.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#29 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1851
  • 3v3: 2707
  • RBG: 1884

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:18 PM

it was so stupid that u had to spent arena points for it back in the day

I remember every single season not bothering to buy it since I had to buy 2x sets of weapon for frost+unholy to be able to switch them on this anti-disarm dk enchant, no idea what it issued to be called

#30 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:45 PM

Noo nooo nooo nooooo, bad fucking idea....  gear wont be unique anymore.... 

Gear (after a certain expansion) was never as unique as you claim it to be.

Old Elite Sets = Re-skin of normal PvP Sets.
Old CM Gold = Order Class Hall gear minus 1 minor detail (and this one is quite literally given away for free! -_-)
Nowadays Elite Gear = Re-skin of Mythic gear (has been happening since WoD)

There's a huge black hole between 0 and 2000 for 95 % of the pvpers. Incentives at 2.2 won't revitalize anything.

Indeed, but don't forget that the PvP playerbase right now it's the lowest it has ever been. PvP used to be way more active back then with way more good players. As for your second sentence, there are people like me who put mog>all. So I guess that a "second chance" sort of thing could actually resuscitate the motivation of at least some minor crowd?

it was so stupid that u had to spent arena points for it back in the day

I remember every single season not bothering to buy it since I had to buy 2x sets of weapon for frost+unholy to be able to switch them on this anti-disarm dk enchant, no idea what it issued to be called

Aye, agreed. In my opinion, once you are done reaching the requirements (whatever they may be), you should be given the gear either free of cost (like the CM gear), or for a different currency than what used to be conquest points, such as gold (since it clashed with other desires such as wanting to buy gear for off-spec).

Dks and Warriors had it tough in this regard. Back in WotLK/Cata, Arms need to buy a 1-handed Weap + Shield to be able to use Shield Wall and so on.

Edited by Hollowinside, 25 January 2017 - 04:58 PM.

#31 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

Of course it is pride. I don’t know any multiplayer game which isn’t ruled by pride. That’s why everyone plays multiplayers games : to compared themselves to others. Even the most simplistic type of games (FPS games) like Overwatch – Simplistic as the purpose of the game, aim and shoot, not how to play or master it -.) have this : the scoreboard, the play of the game, the votes, and to be more bound to our subject : the event skins. Everything is done to increase the player’s ego. And for the skins, it’s like if peoples on the Overwatch forum complain that the Halloween skins aren’t available to drop/buy after… Halloween.
I read the forums about the topic, and we (PvP players) are described as a toxic community. Maybe it’s true if you are a new player and you watch popular PvP streamers (Most of them are… ieurrgh) or this forum, maybe not, I don’t think pure PvE players are better in any way. I saw 12 years ago the Vanilla community, extremely elitist if you weren’t a “real player” (= Have a good spec + can play a lot), the PvP one is not as hurtful as this one.
People loves exclusives things in games, in every part of the game, you need a reason to be proud of your character, even if it’s not “hard” or “challenging”, even if it’s a pet, a tabard, a mount, a title, even your name. Something is not attractive, or exciting to get if every people, even your own alt can have it later, and with ease. Of course it wasn’t prestigious to have the “Elite” set. I never saw those sets as something to say “Hey, my penis is clearly bigger.”, more than “I want to spend conquest point to something useless I find cool looking.”.

Without exclusives and rares things, where is the motivation? Would you do arenas if it wasn’t purely for arenas? Perhaps yes, perhaps no, but I think most of the pvp community would stop arenas if you can’t have the chance to have the mount at the end, and the title, and even the elite set. This why Vanilla was that good, not because of the horrible balance, the slow and boring leveling and the elitist community. It was because it was new, and everything was rare and seems unobtainable to your eyes (Now with all our knowledge, the only thing left is… the game itself, so, bleh). When you stop what you were doing because someone with the rivendare mount just pop in front of you, someone with Thunderfury etc, someone with the R14… You were jealous as fuck, but you still had hope to be someone like that one day, or droping/find something secret that you will be the only one to have for a time.

Right now, when I see someone with the T3, I barely pay attention, because you can have it with the BM. Someone with the black qiraji mount, or an old glad mount, I will instantly inspect him. I would totally inspect or watch someone with the old PvP set from Vanilla, if this one was still usable by the old “veterans”. If everyone can access to everything from anytime, there will be no passion anymore. If I saw a paladin with the S10 elite gear, I will try it on my paladin, and be jealous as fuck.

Of course it’s unfair, S9 to the current season means a lot of unobtainable elite set, way more than the PvE one which are clearly doable now (Mythic) in a small group without strats, but I don’t understand something. It was clearly stated that every set will be unobtainable after the end of the season, so, you had your chance between 2 dates (And as many I guess, I deleted the S9 and the absolute gorgeous S10 one because of bag space – and no transmog announcement -). Exactly as the CM set (MoP) and weapons (WoD). And calling people childish (in the official forum) because they want to be “special snowflakes” is quite ironic in a type of game where the main goal is/was to be unique in a big world, and I have the best example to throw : the Wotlk glad mount. The frostwyrm was absolutely exclusive to PvP (OT : I “lost” for some reason my S5 wyrm from one week to another, even if I was glad back then, weird.), it was the first time a mount wasn’t a recolor or a “Take this + armor” type of mount. I remember the mayhem that this decision bring, that was awful.

I don’t think re-add them is a good idea, I’d rather have the opposite, add new things which will disappear after a time, for PvE and PvP. Because the first idea would have lead to waaaay more. The glad mount for example, it’s as useless as the elite set, and it’s unobtainable. And for PvE, the CM set and weapons. All the colors from the PvP set (The S14 one, the horde, is black, while the alliance one is yellow, and the elite is red/wine), the helm from WoD Garrison reputation (Laughing skull.), the mount from the ally one, all the old weapons from Naxx40, Anathema, the old set from Scholomance (I got it !)…It’s not about counting what “part” of the game (PvE, PvP) got more unobtainable things. It’s about keeping things unique, rare, and keep the motivation to be different (not better !) compared to your neighbor.
There is a mount you can still obtain now which require some raid achievement from the first raids in MoP, this is one of my favorite mount, and to obtain it, you had to do easy achievements (2 xpacs later of course), and one which is, even right now, a complete hell to do if you want to do in PU, because you have to be 10, and make NO mistakes. They removed this achievement from the meta-one, to make it more… accessible. :(

I miss lots of things with my paladin, I miss the zulian tiger because I was lazy to do it each week when it was easy as fuck, same for the amani war bear, I didn’t get glad for one of the best glad mount in my eyes (The first one from MoP, the white one). I didn’t buy the red and blue enchant from WoD because I thought I will have them back in Legion.
Well, that’s the game. I played, I lost. I had way enough time to do it, but I didn’t. It’s my fault, not Blizzard being “horrible to let this things unobtainable.”.
(To be honest, the one I deeply regret is the blue enchant from WoD, he was wonderful.)

Thank you for the insightful reply, Jimjim! :)

As to you not having the WoD enchants, keep in mind that you CAN actually get them back by opening a ticket. Blizzard did not remove them from eligible players on purpose and classified this as a bug. I sent a ticket during Legion launch and here's what the GM told me (I have also posted this in another thread):

*A large hooded figure emerges from the mists. He removes his hood and you are met with the cheerful grimace of a friendly, purple-bearded orc monk.*

Greetings, <snip!>! ^_^ I am Game Master Vilgretor, here to offer you my assistance today!

I've got your ticket here and I can see that you had some concerns regarding a few of your enchants that weren't added to your wardrobe after 7.0.3.

Taking a look here I can see that the Glorious Tyranny and Primal Victory enchants were not added to your wardrobe when they should have been, due to a known bug. I verified this on Hollowinside-Stormscale so you'll find the appropriate Enchanter's Illusions have been mailed to him to learn for all your toons.

I appreciate your time today, <snip!>! I leave you with this token of our correspondence, may it inspire you on your journey.

*The enormous orc produces a sheet of fine paper and attempts to fold it into an origami wind rider, but ends up crushing it with his giant hands. He furrows his brow, shrugs, and drops the crumpled paper in your hands with a proud smirk before drawing his hood and happily striding off into the distance.*

^ I hope this will help everyone else who bought their enchants back then and don't have them now.

---

As for the rest of your reply, I need to think on it more. When I am done processing it, I will reply you again. :)

Edited by Hollowinside, 25 January 2017 - 04:59 PM.

#32 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:32 PM

I hope this will help everyone else who bought their enchants back then and don't have them now.

any idea if this will also work for the original version of the glorious tyranny enchant from mop?

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 25 January 2017 - 05:33 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#33 andiwache

andiwache
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:43 PM

any idea if this will also work for the original version of the glorious tyranny enchant from mop?

I tried to get the enchant back from a GM a while ago and his answer was that the MOP-version (which could be bought at 2,2 rating - when I remember that right, or was it during CATA where you could buy an enchant at 2,2 rating?) is not the same as the version from WOD (obtainable at 2,4 rating)... and that is why he could not give me the enchant back

#34 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:11 PM

I tried to get the enchant back from a GM a while ago and his answer was that the MOP-version (which could be bought at 2,2 rating - when I remember that right, or was it during CATA where you could buy an enchant at 2,2 rating?) is not the same as the version from WOD (obtainable at 2,4 rating)... and that is why he could not give me the enchant back

I was told the same, kept me salty for a few days.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#35 zzu

zzu
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1346
  • 3v3: 2831

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:01 PM

no, adding them back totally defeats the point

they're going to add 'old pvp rank 1 titles!' next

#36 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:34 PM

Sadly, no. :/ The 2.200 "Bloody Dancing Steel" and similar MoP version enchants won't work. Only the 2.400 ones from WoD are eligible to be added to the wardrobe. Though I would love to be able to swap around the enchant name to the old Red enchant! :P

no, adding them back totally defeats the point

they're going to add 'old pvp rank 1 titles!' next

Yes, because making a pasty recolored gear available again equals bringing back every single 3k rated reward from the past. :/

Edited by Hollowinside, 26 January 2017 - 12:03 PM.

#37 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

@Jimjim I'm back now after taking your points into consideration - I guess I agree with most of them, especially with (elite) gear not being a sign which dictates "I have a huge pennis", but we will get more into that later. ***

To start off from the beginning, it's only natural to want to be recognized in a competitive MMO game. That's the reason why most players prefer to play online games over single player ones anyway, even if there is mass content for several hours of entertainment to go through. However, I disagree with your statement of the gaming company rewarding players for something that is neither hard nor challenging just because they feel the need to be proud. In order for something to be attractive,  usually 2 conditions must occur. Either that something should be really hard to obtain per se, or it must be really rare. Wow tends to reward players just for existing inside the game (Patron of War, anyone?) without requiring them to do anything special, hard, difficult, or strain themselves towards becoming better players. Yet, they feel the need to defend such rewards under the blanket of their giant foolhardiness and false sense that they have done something worthy to be recognised about. And this is what I am talking about.

And let's be honest, just how unique do you think your character can possibly be inside this game? :/ And what kind of reward do you think is actually still "worth" it?
Back in MoP when they announced the introduction of Challenge Mode gear, as soon as I saw the Paladin and Warrior one I was like "HOLY FUCKING SPACE-COW SHIT, I WANT THOSE, THERE IS NO WAY I AM ACTUALLY LOSING THOSE!". As much as I hated PvE, I was forced into it to gather the BiS gear list and then went on to create 2 groups (one for each character) and then managed to get both said sets. The satisfaction after ~16 weeks of farming the BiS gears and the feeling of "uniqueness" that I had were awesome. I felt such joy for completing something inside a video game that I couldn't bring myself to tell others when asked why I was so happy.
Then, as MoP was ending, more of these boosting services started to drop their prices. I run into more and more and more Paladins with that same CM set + Lightbringer Tabard that I was using. Things came down to such a disgusting point now that every 2nd or 3rd Paladin that you see nowadays has that same exact mog, as if literally copy pasted or mass produced out of a factory. The exact same thing started happening with Warriors. Soon, everyone was running this set and suddenly, the disappointment I experienced was T R I P L E  the amount of joy I had when I got them. Then, they introduced them back in a different color in Legion. Everything that I had worked hard for and spent months of relentless farming would be given out for free. Of course it sucked... But then, I got down into thinking, and I concluded to the fact that I don't care if others have it. Let them have it, so what? Does it make the set any less beautiful for me? No. What matters to me is that I was able to get it when it was out, I got rewarded with Achievements, Feats of Strength, a Title, and (as emo as that may sound) friends. Yes, friends, and the whole experience of all of our struggles to work together as a team reaching towards the same goal, along with precious memories of feeling stressed (must finish before time!), happy, anxious (will I manage to get it?), mad (sometimes), and joyful. No matter if newer players were to have that same gear that I am wearing in the future - in that sense, it's not unique anymore anyways. It was still an awesome experience though that I would never trade back. Now let me ask you this:

You queue into arena and you see a Ret with the CM set from MoP. Getting that as Ret (as any mellee) was actually quite tough. But what will your first thought be? Will it be "If he got it as Ret he must be quite adequate!" or "Meh, another one of those."?

*** Now, about the "I have a huge pennis" part, you seem to put a barrier between "Better" and "Different". I understand this, I see where you are coming from, but I disagree. If someone wants to be different, then he should prove it by showing the rest that he is better, and he isn't made out of the same stuff of the playerbase that he currently belongs in. Let him prove that he has something more to show, that he is not like the people he's surrounded by. If he can make it, then he deserves to be "Different". In my opinion, under an ideal game, the rule "Skill>Everything Else" should apply, especially when it comes to competitive aspects. Say that I am a Holy Paladin whose max rating is 2.250, and I got an Elite set from when you were not yet playing. Let's say you join afterwards, and proceed to achieve all that you have achieved today in this game. I believe that it's inconceivable for me to have something for which you do not have access. Because I could spend the next 5 years working my ass off, and I still wouldn't be 1/100 as good as you. Therefore, I don't deserve something exclusive under the label of "Skilled Player" when you are playing better than me easy mode with your eyes closed. And if I "deserve" it once, you deserve it tenfolds.

Everything being said, I don't think that Elite Gear is as precious as people make it appear to be. If you truly are a good player, then you will have way more prestigious things anyway, like Glad mounts, Tabards, Glad/R1 Titles, FotS, and whatnot. If a PvEer spots you in the open world he won't even know the difference between your gear and the casual one that everyone has access to. In the end, it's not even half as prestigious tbh. 

Edited by Hollowinside, 25 January 2017 - 10:46 PM.

#38 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:53 PM

feelsbad, ah well

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#39 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2695
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:22 PM

https://twitter.com/...991288080932864

#40 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:09 AM

Ye, it has already been stated that they won't bring them back. People said it previously on this thread as well. I was just expressing my thoughts. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<