• Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:49 PM

Hey.

For those who haven’t followed this new change, Blizzard planned to add the old elite set from the previous seasons (So, Cataclysm S9 to the current one.), and they asked our opinions about that.

Maybe this forum is not the best place to talk about that, but as it touches our pvp community (and as I have nothing to do at work), I think it deserves our attention.

Deep inside of me, this potential change made me say “Ah, I will finally have the S9 and the beautiful S10 elite set I’ve deleted due to lack of space and no transmog back then – thanks S11 -, and the S11 2-hands weapons I didn’t buy because I never play ret after S2 to complete the best looking set for paladin”, because, for the tiny story, I constantly asked the Blizzard assistance to gave me back the season 10 elite set (The blue/red one), and I always have a friendly, but irritating “Nope.” as answer.

However, one thing I always loved in RPGs is the “unique” part. My first online game was Neverwinter Night, and you can create an absolute unique character, with the race, the classes (You had 40 levels to “spend” on max 3 classes, so you can be a level 40 warrior, or a level 20 warrior/level 20 priest, with advantages for being a full class, or more versatility or good combo by being an hybride – imagine on WoW, everyone would be mage/x), the spells, the divinity, and the talents, which could be something completetly worthless for combat, but awesome for conversation with NPC to have more options. 2 differents players, even if both of them were playing a "Level 20 warrior level 20 priest" can be completely different. The first could have been a healer with fighting abilities, and the other one a pure deathknight, summoning undead minions and draining life.

I never find this unique aspect of class customization in WoW, almost never. The talent tree from Vanilla to WoD never gave me this feeling of “Ok, I’m playing something weird, but I have results with it.” The old talent tree were exactly the artifact now, some “+1% crit” here, some “Oh, less mana cost on this”. Despite the possibility of hybrid spec, the only time I felt really different was in TBC, with the 40/0/21 spec. (And for another subject, the idea of "spec" in a single class break every dream of customization for me.)

Transmogrification in season 11 gave me that feeling, and countless amount of hours (and gold) spend on nothing more than creating dozens of transmog set. If I face someone with the same transmog as me in arena (Example the season 11 elite), I change the next game. And I will probably use it again 2 days later.

I never thought having a elite set, or a rank X in Vanilla was something prestigious or a demonstration of better player (Even if having 2200 in Cata was "harder" compared to now thanks to mmr inflation and stuff). It’s just the sign of “I was there”. My old priest has a rank 10 (By playing 24h/24H during 2 weeks), and even if I stopped playing him back after S2, when Blizzard decide that the old pvp set were available to transmog only if you had the legacy achievement, I was happy. Unfortunately, the rbg rating destroy this demonstration of “I’m an old school player.”.

Same for the T3, who lost all his “Holy shit” transmog value since you can obtain them in the black market. Now, it’s more “Ok, this guy have a lot of gold.”. Same for some Vanilla ZG weapons, like the polearm (Which had a proc to execute someone) I have in my bank, but now, the appearance is droppable in the isle of thunder in MoP.
I think the old elite set must stay unobtainable. Like the old weapons from Naxx40 (Ashbringer for the most known one), like the old Undead set from the Necropolis invasion (The one I have who looks like the T2 paladin, even more awesome on a non-plate class, because the look is exactly the same.). Like the tabard of the pre-BC event, the olympic game one, or the one with the "WoW" logo on it.

Unless they have a magical way to track the old rating between 2 dates, i think it's not a really good idea.

I’d rather have a second elite set, another recolor from the current season, but with way more things needed than only having a X rating. Something which need some will to do it, like a huge meta achievement. (Winning 100 games, having X rating, being prestige X, win 10 games in a row after X rating., win 100 BG, win 100 rbg). Something to say “Ok, this guy worked for it.”, something difficult, something interesting.

Ok, it's maybe unfair for the PvE players, on which everyone can obtain the mythic or highest difficulty gear 2 xpac later, but i think PvP deserves something, for once, exclusive.
Because i'm afraid that the next step would be "Why can't we have the old gladiator mount? Everyone can obtain Garrosh mount easily now"

What's your opinion?

EDIT : Thanks Bersihasi for the blue post, i couldn't link them at work. :D

Edited by Jim_Jim, 26 January 2017 - 05:51 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Bersihasi

Bersihasi
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1046
  • 3v3: 2301
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 2421

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:16 PM

Guess you are refering to these posts? 

Over the years, we've received a lot of requests to make the Elite sets from past seasons available. As you said, the PvE versions of these sets can be obtained through Legacy raids. 

We're considering making Elite transmog ensembles available for purchase with Marks of Honor if your Current Rating in 2v2, 3v3 or RBGs is above some threshold (for illustrative purposes, let's say 2200). We would love to hear your thoughts about this idea.

https://us.battle.ne...2671741#post-16

and (Tabard + Illusions)

I'd like to clarify one point: we totally hear that you'd like a rating restricted tabard and illusion back. We're adding a new tabard for Season 3 that will have a rating requirement. We're debating whether to add a new illusion however. Illusions do not work on artifact weapons and offering a reward that requires you to transmog your weapon feels problematic. But, we get that you really like the illusion. We may settle back on that idea or try to develop something else.

As for the elite sets, our motivation for doing this isn't to replace other reward systems. We've received a lot of requests to re-add these sets to the game somehow. We thought current rating and a marks of honor cost would be a reasonable gating mechanism for purchase. But the community's impression on prestige items like this is important. We appreciate all of your feedback on the idea. But we wanted to make it clear that adding these sets does not mean we won't be adding other rating rewards as well.

https://us.battle.ne...?page=4#post-72

I know the struggle of not having a certain elite set or tabard. But WoW had always the special snowflake aspect and its my own fault for not getting them. 

I am against it. Giving those items to everybody again will open a new door and people will start asking for old glad drakes, old tabards and other transmog that is not available anymore (CM gold etc.). I feel something that is cosmetic can be limited to a specific time of the game.

Edited by Bersihasi, 24 January 2017 - 05:18 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arcane 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 3v3: 2284
  • RBG: 192

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:24 PM

nop , if you were bad back then then too bad for you , ppl don't deserve rewards from seasons they haven't participated in.

#4 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:46 PM

I've somehow managed to vendor my s9 shaman shoulders and I didn't even bother to buy the elite set on my druid because I was poor and didn't want to regem and reenchant. I don't have the glorious tyranny illusion because WoD was boring shit and I didn't know it would become unobtainlable. I only did 6 out of 9 CMs in MoP on my shaman because I started looking for a group just a couple of hours before server shutdown. I'm missing a mount I really like, the Amani war bear.

Despite all this i'm still against it. They ruined the prestige of old mounts and old pve gear already, they really don't have to ruin the pvp part as well. If they actually do this... they might as well add tabards, wotlk t2 weapons and gladiator mounts. And at that point, you ask yourself...what's the point?

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#5 Krassz1096

Krassz1096
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 1/2/2/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1538
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

Worst change they could do. 

Devaluing rewards only reduces incentive to play. 

It's unfair if you got a set when your spec was extremely underdog (so therefore rare) to only be obtained by someone 10 seasons later playing it when it's the most fotm thing in the game.

Also unfair to people who have stuck with a char for years and have the sets to show it. There's a few elite sets that I want, but I didn't play back then and I respect the value those sets have because they're insanely rare, I don't want to see these sets devalued.

They are pandering to the casuals in order to try and increase participation after a shocking season 1, they have been re-hashing old content constantly recently instead of creating NEW content. 

Why not create new rewards? Leave the old sets for people that got them at the time, very few things in this game are exclusive anymore. 

Remember seeing people in HW/GM gear pre-MoP? Yeah, now you get that from being 1800 in RBGs. 

The only way I'd support the change is if the rating requirement was high. I'd never get them, but I don't really care. If they're going to do at least keep it in good hands. 

Only other thing would be that only people who got the rating in the relevant season could buy them, but we know that's not realistically going to happen.

I guess if they're going with the way they mentioned, it would have to cost A LOT of marks. That way people wouldn't be able to get 2k once then buy 20 elite sets. 

Edited by Krassz1096, 24 January 2017 - 05:56 PM.

#6 cippi

cippi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1964
  • RBG: 959

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:59 PM

Do not care about gear pieces, but think if u can get all old tabards too that would be too much lul.

Posted Image

#7 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:15 PM

The only way I'd support the change is if the rating requirement was high. I'd never get them, but I don't really care. If they're going to do at least keep it in good hands.

Then they might as well let you buy a R1 title for 1000 honor marks if you achieved a R1 title in legion. S20 vengeful gladiator Demon Hunter, gg.

Then they can make you buy old gladiator mounts for honor marks and make them account wide next expansion.

Edited by Abidalzim, 24 January 2017 - 06:30 PM.

#8 Blexone

Blexone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1757
  • 3v3: 2326

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:33 PM

I remember trying really hard to get 2,3k for the s8 tabard.The season ended and i couldnt get any higher than 2277 rating so i couldnt buy it. Later, when rbgs came in cata and Blizz fucked up to remove the tabards and you could get it with rbg rating (wich was so fucking easy at that time with perople mmr bugging, some people couldliterally noit lose any rating for some reason) and it felt like everyone had that tabard now and it just lost all its "magic" for me back then. Same will happen with the elite gear even if there is still rating required. People love to have unique things but fail ro realise that its not that unique anymore ehen a lot of people have it.

#9 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:39 PM

Remember when people in vanilla farmed rank 14 title for 16 hours a day with piss bottles by their side and few years later Blizzard just decided to gave those titles from silly rbgs  :duckers:  :duckers:  :duckers:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#10 Chili

Chili
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/2/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1127
  • 3v3: 2418
  • LocationMalbork, Poland

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

"Been there, done that." - I am against this idea as well.

#11 Krassz1096

Krassz1096
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

Then they might as well let you buy a R1 title for 1000 honor marks if you achieved a R1 title in legion. S20 vengeful gladiator Demon Hunter, gg.

Then they can make you buy old gladiator mounts for honor marks and make them account wide next expansion.

I'd rather they DIDN'T do it, but if they do, I'd rather they do it like I said. 

If you can get 2k once and get every elite set in the game that's disgraceful. 

#12 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1851
  • 3v3: 2707
  • RBG: 1884

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:56 PM

I remember trying really hard to get 2,3k for the s8 tabard.The season ended and i couldnt get any higher than 2277 rating so i couldnt buy it. Later, when rbgs came in cata and Blizz fucked up to remove the tabards and you could get it with rbg rating (wich was so fucking easy at that time with perople mmr bugging, some people couldliterally noit lose any rating for some reason) and it felt like everyone had that tabard now and it just lost all its "magic" for me back then. Same will happen with the elite gear even if there is still rating required. People love to have unique things but fail ro realise that its not that unique anymore ehen a lot of people have it.

wasnt rbg only, was any bracket 2,3+ in s9

#13 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:59 PM

It would probably also be available from 2v2.

#14 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:02 PM

wasnt rbg only, was any bracket 2,3+ in s9

Not 2v2.

#15 justicecute

justicecute
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1593
  • 3v3: 1642
  • 5v5: 1628
  • RBG: 1914

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:25 PM

Charity elite sets yeah boy.  

Everyone must have everything fuck prestige and rewards

i sold my account zeynaa isnt mine anymore

#16 Caricya

Caricya
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/1/0

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

if they plan to add old elite sets, Its should be not easy requirments (like just 2000/2200 cr rating)

Probably the quest like 10wins on 2200+ Rating will give u token and u can buy one old Elite piece.

Edited by Caricya, 24 January 2017 - 08:32 PM.

#17 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

Check mmo-champion, there's a 20 page thread of "wow this is a great idea", "finally they're doing it like in pve, farming old instances", and the few, few people that are against it are "whiny pvp special snowflakes".

It's coming rofl. :)

#18 Atosy

Atosy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1557
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1740

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:39 PM

Thanks for the feedback. We have decided to not make these sets available.

#19 Krassz1096

Krassz1096
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:40 PM

Check mmo-champion, there's a 20 page thread of "wow this is a great idea", "finally they're doing it like in pve, farming old instances", and the few, few people that are against it are "whiny pvp special snowflakes".

It's coming rofl. :)

That's my thread, I addressed the same points over and over again about 10000 times and called a "special snowflake" about 5 million times. In reality the snowflakes are the people wanting everything in the game with no exclusive rewards for anyone. 

I find MMO-Champion funny to post on because you get to see how the average of the average player thinks. There's pretty much no one on there besides casuals. 

BUT AN UPDATE:

http://blue.mmo-cham...mogs-available/

THEY AREN'T DOING IT ANYMORE! 

Edited by Krassz1096, 24 January 2017 - 09:06 PM.

#20 Chili

Chili
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/2/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1127
  • 3v3: 2418
  • LocationMalbork, Poland

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:10 PM

It's a small step for man, but one big for PvP community. haha exxDeeDD