• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1708

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:11 AM

Are shadow priests even worth playing right now? Dropped from 2.1+k to 1800.... My dmg just cant keep up anymore after the hotfix. What comps are even viable with spriests now?

#2 TheFreedomSong

TheFreedomSong
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 1625

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:03 PM

No, we aren't viable. Spriest are 100% shite. Our damage is easily healable, we have no offensive pressure. Spriest aren't viable at all after these hotfixes. Might be viable with a windwalker monk or a rogue but they have much better successful comps.

#3 Mish

Mish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1567
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1684

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:05 PM

Our damage is easily healable, we have no offensive pressure, no mobility, no utility, our self-healing is garbage.

No utility???? Mass dispell / Mind Controll / Purge / Silence / Fear (or stun) / Healling reduction (ok they fucked this up a bit). Point is if SP are good at one thing then this is utility. I just want them to reduce mass dispell mana cost by half, cos right now it needs 70% of our mana and this is retarded.

Self healing with vampiric is decent, mostly because we can do self heal and damage with the same spell. But I would love to see Shadow Mend being replaced with a holy school heal so we can atleast cast something when geting kicked on cd on shadow school.

As for the mobility I dont mind, by now u should have got used to SP having shit mobility.

However I think we do need some damage buff. Not sure if that should be on our dots, or on Mind Blast so we can play shadow insight, but they need to give us the ability to put a bit more pressure outside of Power Infusion.

Edited by Manowar, 23 January 2017 - 03:10 PM.

#4 Conditions

Conditions
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:25 PM

No, we aren't viable. Spriest are 100% shite. Our damage is easily healable, we have no offensive pressure, no mobility, no utility, our self-healing is garbage. Spriest aren't viable at all after these hotfixes. Might be viable with a windwalker monk or a rogue but they have much better successful comps.

Correction - you're shite. Even when Shadow was god tier you failed to accomplish much with it. Don't project your poor experience of the class on other people.

Anyway we're not fucking awful, it's just being a caster is generally really, really shit right now. We only have a few viable comps and because of the meta Shadow is simply not an enjoyable playstyle. We're good, but the meta is bad for us; RPS and Godcomp are still exceptionally good comps for Shadow, as is playing with a WW monk (good synergy). Shadowcleave is also looking better right now. Personally if I had to push I'd probably do it as Disc atm instead of Shadow just because being cleaved down over and over is really, really not enjoyable - even when you win. But this is a subjective perception of the class and it's likely you tanked because you were carried by the pre-nerf damage as opposed to actually belonging at that level of play, that is -usually- what happens (I remember when we all thought Assassination was going to be free glad for rogues last season, couple of nerfs later and all but the top rogues tanked the fuck.)

xY5YWFw.png

#5 TheFreedomSong

TheFreedomSong
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:59 PM

No utility???? Mass dispell / Mind Controll / Purge / Silence / Fear (or stun) / Healling reduction (ok they fucked this up a bit). However I think we do need some damage buff. Not sure if that should be on our dots, or on Mind Blast so we can play shadow insight, but they need to give us the ability to put a bit more pressure outside of Power Infusion.

Alright, you got me there. They have the utility, I stand corrected. Damage isn't there.

Correction - you're shite. Even when Shadow was god tier you failed to accomplish much with it. Don't project your poor experience of the class on other people.

Anyway we're not fucking awful, it's just being a caster is generally really, really shit right now. We only have a few viable comps and because of the meta Shadow is simply not an enjoyable playstyle. We're good, but the meta is bad for us; RPS and Godcomp are still exceptionally good comps for Shadow, as is playing with a WW monk (good synergy). Shadowcleave is also looking better right now. Personally if I had to push I'd probably do it as Disc atm instead of Shadow just because being cleaved down over and over is really, really not enjoyable - even when you win. But this is a subjective perception of the class and it's likely you tanked because you were carried by the pre-nerf damage as opposed to actually belonging at that level of play, that is -usually- what happens (I remember when we all thought Assassination was going to be free glad for rogues last season, couple of nerfs later and all but the top rogues tanked the fuck.)

This is my second season playing spriest as I mained warrior for 6 years. WW Monk is good but they have better comps to play with. Shadowcleave is awful now because of the Spriest nerfs. I'm not sure we're playing on the same patch here or if you're even playing Legion currently. I was never a glad player but when you see top players not queuing anymore cause classes like Ele Sham is more viable, doing more damage, and has more compositions, it's a clear sign. And it's harder to find teammates on Alliance, and I'm focusing on PVE this expansion because PVP this expansion isn't fun. And all the top rogues last season didn't tank because they were already playing Subtlety over Assassination, at least in the US anyway, and those who mained Assassination stopped queuing.

#6 crazieh

crazieh
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2256
  • RBG: 1616

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:43 PM

Shadow priest is not viable right now nope, I think Blizzard nerfed it in PvE - didn't let the PvP department know, so we got over nerfed hard without them realising it (then the additional -5% dmg to all classes and +10% stamina), etc. SP does zero damage and has to work harder than every class to deal zero damage, have to sit tight and wait for them to fix it I guess. 

#7 Conditions

Conditions
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

Alright, you got me there. They have the utility, I stand corrected. Damage isn't there.

This is my second season playing spriest as I mained warrior for 6 years. WW Monk is good but they have better comps to play with. Shadowcleave is awful now because of the Spriest nerfs. I'm not sure we're playing on the same patch here or if you're even playing Legion currently. I was never a glad player but when you see top players not queuing anymore cause classes like Ele Sham is more viable, doing more damage, and has more compositions, it's a clear sign. And it's harder to find teammates on Alliance, and I'm focusing on PVE this expansion because PVP this expansion isn't fun. And all the top rogues last season didn't tank because they were already playing Subtlety over Assassination, at least in the US anyway, and those who mained Assassination stopped queuing.

In hindsight, that post was a bit aggressive, sorry.

Stopped playing Legion after the new patch because being a caster in this game at the moment simply isn't enjoyable at all - like I mentioned the problem isn't with Shadow, or even the hits our damage has taken; it's everything around us. Our damage would be acceptable if it wasn't such a wrist-slitting endeavour to try and get off for more than a few seconds (and VT being dispelled like it's literally nothing - because it is). Also speaking of US v EU, it's weird you mention that example (even though it was for Rogue) when Shadow has a better representation on the US right now than it has in Europe (actually an almost identical representation to Ele circa 2400+) - on that note yea, Assassination was played over Sub by a very large margin on Europe. We had more Sub then Blizzcon happened basically and suddenly everyone was Sin (lol)

Edited by Conditions, 23 January 2017 - 06:28 PM.

xY5YWFw.png

#8 Theed

Theed
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • 2v2: 1784
  • 3v3: 2330
  • RBG: 1630

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:37 PM

Shadow is unviable and not worth playing right now. VT nerf needs to be reverted and talents like Mind Trauma, Psychic Link, Fleeting Embrace need a buff/rework.

#9 Telepatico

Telepatico
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1688

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:02 AM

Stopped playing Legion after the new patch because being a caster in this game at the moment simply isn't enjoyable at all - like I mentioned the problem isn't with Shadow [...]

So you are not playing with the ~45% (4% + 14% + 25%) Vampiric Touch nerf and are still trying to argue Shadow isnt the problem?

Self heal? 15k heal can't even be considered a self heal. Shadow Mend. Well, we really need to save mana for MD and for Shield, if we still want some mobility..

IMO, try disc for a while. It's fun. W8 for an hotfix.

#10 Conditions

Conditions
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:14 AM

Stopped playing Legion after the new patch because being a caster in this game at the moment simply isn't enjoyable at all - like I mentioned the problem isn't with Shadow [...]

So you are not playing with the ~45% (4% + 14% + 25%) Vampiric Touch nerf and are still trying to argue Shadow isnt the problem?

Self heal? 15k heal can't even be considered a self heal. Shadow Mend. Well, we really need to save mana for MD and for Shield, if we still want some mobility..

IMO, try disc for a while. It's fun. W8 for an hotfix.

That's the new patch, so yes - I played it.

The most of our self-healing comes from Void Shield/FE and multiple VTs, not from shadow mending (due to the cost). It's not supposed to make us invincible, it's supposed to make us tanky/provide sustain; but in Blizzard's pointless logic they gave us a PvP template, then nerfed us in PvE because we were too strong on cleave fights (of which nighthold is full of) without remembering to compensate it through the PvP template and whilst also forgetting a lot of that healing is baked into talents via VT; so whilst the damage nerf was fully warranted for raiding, they've forgotten about the knock-on effect in Arena. Even though, our design and playstyle is in a worse state than our damage. Having more of it fixes nothing if we can't actually cast and are forced to life swap extremely early - which leads back to Shadow not being as fucked as it is now if it wasn't for the fact that everyone else has so much uptime against one with little way to answer it. Why they'd give Holy greater fade when it's something both Disc and Shadow are desperate for is a foreign concept to me.

Again the Disc problem is I don't find it enjoyable because of the design, both PvP playstyle and talents; I'd rather queue on a PvP inferior game like FF14 as Scholar which has a similar playstyle to Disc but without as many weaknesses and enjoy myself than play into their hands in that manner lol.

Edited by Conditions, 24 January 2017 - 12:18 AM.

xY5YWFw.png

#11 Avicularia

Avicularia
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:47 AM

There is a hotfix:

Vampiric Touch now deals 10% less damage in PvP situations (was 25% less).

The question is it good enough?

#12 Conditions

Conditions
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:07 PM

There is a hotfix:

The question is it good enough?

Well it means they've just remembered they have a PvP template, but probably not. Should really deal full damage which so many of our talents rely on it (after standard stat template application of course) because given the new health pools and the fact there's very little penalty for dispelling it I can't see how that would be wrong.

Edited by Conditions, 25 January 2017 - 01:07 PM.

xY5YWFw.png

#13 Hyugarr

Hyugarr
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Hyjal
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1517
  • 3v3: 1513

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:24 AM

-10% on VT is still a big nerf, they could give more self healing or more armor on shadowform to compensate

#14 Toxile

Toxile
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aszune
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/0/1/0
  • 3v3: 2713
  • RBG: 2547

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:49 AM

Played today on alt's with 26 trait's and 880 ilevel was still pulling 150k+ dps every game. Seems we're in a decent spot again.

#15 Theed

Theed
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • 2v2: 1784
  • 3v3: 2330
  • RBG: 1630

Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:39 PM

I miss the time when a specs performance was not defined by their damage meter dps or scoreboard aoe numbers.

But yes, the 15% "buff" was needed and we're viable again.

Edited by Theed, 26 January 2017 - 04:39 PM.

#16 Hyugarr

Hyugarr
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Hyjal
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:15 PM

What kind of talent do you use then ? Are you back into sanlayn ?

#17 TheFreedomSong

TheFreedomSong
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

What's a viable comp now that we're "buffed" again on VT? 

#18 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:52 PM

What's a viable comp now that we're "buffed" again on VT? 

Shadow Priest / Assa / R.Druid seems to be quite good. Could probably work with a MW as well.

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#19 Hyugarr

Hyugarr
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Hyjal
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:08 PM

Do you think we're viable on 2s? I barely win anything (i reached 2k after 7.1.5 patch and now lost something like 200rating)

The only way for me to win is to face a disc priest, everytime i queue into rdrood i lose

#20 Toxile

Toxile
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aszune
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/0/1/0
  • 3v3: 2713
  • RBG: 2547

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:50 PM

Do you think we're viable on 2s? I barely win anything (i reached 2k after 7.1.5 patch and now lost something like 200rating)

The only way for me to win is to face a disc priest, everytime i queue into rdrood i lose

I was 2.8 last season as shadow, now i'm barely able to win a game at 2.4 in 2's so i'd say don't do it to yourself and reroll disc for 2's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<