• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1487
  • 3v3: 2347
  • RBG: 1149

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:38 PM

What am I missing brolle m8, I saw you stream the day the season was ending and u were at 2450 mmr 

Main was 2970.

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:57 PM

This actually makes no sense.

Correct me if I am wrong but if there are more players on alliance than on horde shouldnt there also be more r1 spots on alliance than on horde automatically? 

103r1 ally compared to 130r1 horde seems really weird considering the low cutoff of 2730.

#23 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2471
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:01 PM

This actually makes no sense.

Correct me if I am wrong but if there are more players on alliance than on horde shouldnt there also be more r1 spots on alliance than on horde automatically? 

103r1 ally compared to 130r1 horde seems really weird considering the low cutoff of 2730.

yes that's exactly how it should work i'm pretty sure

it wouldn't surprise if blizzard fucked up (again) and mixed up the amount of horde and alliance r1 spots available because i'm pretty sure if they are switched round it's quite accurate when compared to the r1 cut off on sites such as xunamate etc, although they aren't 100% accurate either

#24 HólydeathEU

HólydeathEU
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • 2v2: 1432
  • 3v3: 2609
  • LocationKenya

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:05 PM

yes that's exactly how it should work i'm pretty sure

it wouldn't surprise if blizzard fucked up (again) and mixed up the amount of horde and alliance r1 spots available because i'm pretty sure if they are switched round it's quite accurate when compared to the r1 cut off on sites such as xunamate etc, although they aren't 100% accurate either

It actually makes sense when u think about it. More ppl play horde for PvE - they all did arena in the beginning of the xpac to get gear and got to 1k rating as a side effect and were therefor counted toward the cutoff. Since there are (mostlikely) more ppl who did it on horde there are more titles on horde.

Edited by HólydeathEU, 24 January 2017 - 01:07 PM.

MR6oE9g.jpg

#25 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

It actually makes sense when u think about it. More ppl play horde for PvE - they all did arena in the beginning of the xpac to get gear and got to 1k rating as a side effect and were therefor counted toward the cutoff. Since there are (mostlikely) more ppl who did it on horde there are more titles on horde.

yeah potentially, although i pve a lot and the majority won't even bother pvping for gear because they know they won't get high enough to actually get anything that's an upgrade

#26 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1851
  • 3v3: 2707
  • RBG: 1884

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:41 PM

arena and rbg have different player pools????

#27 Toxile

Toxile
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aszune
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2713
  • RBG: 2547

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

Separate cutoffs is honestly the most stupid decision Blizzard has made in a while, the fact every player plays the same game, plays on the same ladder, faces the same teams yet two different  players are given the same rewards despite being 200+ rating lower? 2750 horde player getting the same reward as a 2970 alliance player, it's actually mind blowing they can be so stupid as to implement this system.

There honestly has to be some way to distinguish between the titles, weather it be a different title or having the achievement showing the horde symbol or the alliance symbol to show what faction you was. Still i don't know what i find more funny, the double feral players sitting the whole season only to lose rank1 or the fact there still is no spriest buffs this Wednesday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Toxile, 24 January 2017 - 02:00 PM.

#28 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:58 PM

yeah potentially, although i pve a lot and the majority won't even bother pvping for gear because they know they won't get high enough to actually get anything that's an upgrade

plus even if you do get high enough to get an ilvl upgrade, 9 weeks out of 10 it will be versatility + random stat, which sucks for every single spec that hates versatility :(

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 24 January 2017 - 03:19 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#29 Thazable

Thazable
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2180
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1146

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:21 PM

Horde was higher than Alliance wasnt it?

I don't know about the old "bugged" or more like "inaccurate" cutoffs, but at least in blizzards current cutoffs, which don't really seem to be that realistic, horde cutoffs are way lower, which makes a lot of people feel like they're being treated in an unfair manner.

Obviously I can understand this whole idea of making titles faction specific, they clearly thought it would even out the activity in factions, when it comes to rated pvp, but jesus christ did they miss what they were aiming for. The only thing this "system" of rewards achieved is that people who played horde, at least in EU, get their titles way easier.

If I look at this from a straight up "LFG" perspective I just realize that I'd still rather play with someone who got his 2,9k gladiator on alliance, than with someone who got his 2,8k rank 1 on horde, which makes this whole idea just seem so unfair, given that you can faction change whenever you feel like it. Obviously people could be like "just transfer horde xD", but honestly, previously people rarely ever complained about being "XX faction" which makes them unable to earn titles.

This whole idea of being part of the "minority" and thus being rewarded differently doesn't make any sense to me.

#30 Ventux

Ventux
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:32 PM

psure blizzard lost their database and these numbers are just random bs

yea that must be it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#31 itsRealzin

itsRealzin

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

How does anyone know if there are more alliance arena players? Just because the top5000 has more alliance players, doesn't mean that the 200000 other players that don't show up in the ladder aren't horde in the majority :D Eventho that is a surprise to me and I thought it would be more like 50/50 ,this doesn't have to be a fuck up by blizz again. ( but could obviously be one)

#32 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:36 PM

Obviously people could be like "just transfer horde xD", but honestly, previously people rarely ever complained about being "XX faction" which makes them unable to earn titles.

This whole idea of being part of the "minority" and thus being rewarded differently doesn't make any sense to me.

Have you actually tried getting teams together on horde EU during the last couple of years though? It was retardedly hard and the difference in cutoffs show it.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#33 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1851
  • 3v3: 2707
  • RBG: 1884

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

How does anyone know if there are more alliance arena players? Just because the top5000 has more alliance players, doesn't mean that the 200000 other players that don't show up in the ladder aren't horde in the majority :D Eventho that is a surprise to me and I thought it would be more like 50/50 ,this doesn't have to be a fuck up by blizz again. ( but could obviously be one)

? there are enough sites which tracks ally/horde ratio implying it's 52/48

yet u have like like 1/3 more people playin 3s on hord and slightly more players playin rbg on alliance?

makes no sense

I remember you saying something like ratio being probably 70a/30h XDD

#34 HólydeathEU

HólydeathEU
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • 2v2: 1432
  • 3v3: 2609
  • LocationKenya

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:25 PM

? there are enough sites which tracks ally/horde ratio implying it's 52/48

yet u have like like 1/3 more people playin 3s on hord and slightly more players playin rbg on alliance?

makes no sense

I remember you saying something like ratio being probably 70a/30h XDD

so whats ur point?

MR6oE9g.jpg

#35 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:37 PM

So... I was actually almost 100 rating above glad cutoff one day before the season ended? I should have stopped at 2460 playing novoice double dk mw at 5 am lol.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#36 dizzcord

dizzcord
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 1/0/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2216
  • 3v3: 2749
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 192

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:53 PM

I think if the cutoffs would be clearer during seasons (API acctualy working?) , the faction representation would probably even out quite close to 50/50 I would think, since alot of people are title hungry

Why is everyone complaining about pruning?
The reason WoW is not a ESPORT is because of the extreme imbalance between different classes and comps,
So what blizzard is doing IS MAKING IT EASIER FOR EVERYONE TO MULTICLASS.
SO YOU DONT GET COUNTERED EVERY FUCKING GAME.
If you feel like your class is dumb and easy, try another class THAT'S THE POINT OF PRUNING.................

#37 itsRealzin

itsRealzin

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:50 AM

xd

Edited by itsRealzin, 25 January 2017 - 04:07 AM.

#38 Thazable

Thazable
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2180
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1146

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:03 AM

Have you actually tried getting teams together on horde EU during the last couple of years though? It was retardedly hard and the difference in cutoffs show it.

I don't disagree, the last time I actually played a horde character to a somewhat serious degree was in season 15, given that I didn't play as much in WoD that might not say much, but even then finding people on horde to play with was hard and the best way to find mates for horde characters was to get alliance friends to level alts. However being rewarded differently due to being part of another faction doesn't make sense, after all realmpools and teams are a thing of the past because Blizzard wanted people to be able to play with whoever they want, whenever they want, keeping that in mind the next step would've been removing faction restrictions of rated PvP, so HORDESHAMANXY-Blackrock and ALLIANCELOCKXY-Outland are able to play together, instead of treating them differently.

#39 Caricya

Caricya
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/1/0

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:00 AM

They removed my gladi 2630 Lmao xD, so what the actuial cutoff was EU ?

now see

Gladiator: 2435
Vindictive Gladiator: 2730

Alliance
Gladiator: 2661

Vindictive Gladiator: 2971

lmao what a huge difference, so horde every dumb can pick Glad, every glad can pick R1, facepalm blizzard

Edited by Caricya, 25 January 2017 - 11:45 AM.

#40 dizzcord

dizzcord
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 1/0/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2216
  • 3v3: 2749
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 192

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:31 PM

xd

what did it say :(

Why is everyone complaining about pruning?
The reason WoW is not a ESPORT is because of the extreme imbalance between different classes and comps,
So what blizzard is doing IS MAKING IT EASIER FOR EVERYONE TO MULTICLASS.
SO YOU DONT GET COUNTERED EVERY FUCKING GAME.
If you feel like your class is dumb and easy, try another class THAT'S THE POINT OF PRUNING.................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<