#1 Cogneria

Cogneria
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/./1/2/./.

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:12 AM

Hi guys, I've played warr since beginning of tbc, I've never done much pvp till cata/mop, I only came to 1980 in 2s and 1900 in 3s, since I don't play much, I've come to both these ratings as fury and arms in WoD. Now in legion I've been playing as arms and the damage output is just too small, I've played some 2s and 3s with my mates and all classes just seem to outrek me, I've tried fury now and climbed up for 100 rating, so I wonder if fury is better or I don't know what I'm doing with arms, I like both playstyles, what do you guys think?

#2 Mazabean

Mazabean
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 860
  • 3v3: 2358
  • RBG: 960

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:13 PM

Even with the hotfix to sharpen blade Arms is still better, yes fury has a higher burst with all cds popped but the opportunity to kill with arms is present every 21 seconds without having to get much cc if any. Arms is more of a supportive spec as of right now compared to fury which is just raw damage. 

#3 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/0/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:15 PM

Even with the hotfix to sharpen blade Arms is still better, yes fury has a higher burst with all cds popped but the opportunity to kill with arms is present every 21 seconds without having to get much cc if any. Arms is more of a supportive spec as of right now compared to fury which is just raw damage. 

Now that several months have passed, and we're now in 7.2, has anything changed?  Is Arms still top dog in PvP as you state, or is Fury now the more competitive of the two?  I've read/been told that Fury has more burst & self-heals for days, true or no?

I'm thinking about taking my Warr. off the bench as well, so your input is much appreciated.

-Cheers

#4 Repitchx

Repitchx
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/2/0/0/././.

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:37 AM

I've seen many people play arms,but I think both works just fine though.

#5 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:02 AM

Now that several months have passed, and we're now in 7.2, has anything changed?  Is Arms still top dog in PvP as you state, or is Fury now the more competitive of the two?  I've read/been told that Fury has more burst & self-heals for days, true or no?

I'm thinking about taking my Warr. off the bench as well, so your input is much appreciated.

-Cheers

Both are viable and can work, that's for sure. However, they bring in different things to the team.

Fury is indeed more or less a raw damage spec which excels at bursting someone down really fast. And yes, they heal quite a lot but take increased damage when they Enrage. The "Thirst for Battle" honor talent is also currently insane, freeing you of all slows and roots and making you immune to them for the next 2 seconds everytime you use Bloodthirst on anything really (BT has a cd of 4.5 seconds by default, lowered by Haste). If you want to try Fury, you can play comps like Fury/DH/R.Druid or KFC. There are more to be played as well. I am not sure if Fury is what you want to play in WMD though.

Arms is a spec which provides more peels and utility for the team. It has less burst, but bringing in a healing reduction effect will outshine raw damage in most cases. Also, do not forget the crazy utility of Duel, War Banner and Sharpen Blade. Turbo and Thundercleave should be considered if you want to play as Arms. TSG as well.

Streamers like Joefernandes (and Cervantes when he queues 3s) might help you out in terms of tactics and strats. Both are open to questions and interact very much with their viewers as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/joefernandes123
https://www.twitch.tv/cervantestv

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#6 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:39 PM

I've seen many people play arms,but I think both works just fine though.

Right on, I'm curious as to which spec. works best when running solo in a BG's setting however.

-Cheers

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/0/0/2/./.

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:52 PM

Arms is better in all situations in 3v3 as you bring support, and has mortal strike effect. If you want to just do normal BG's Fury is probably better as it's just pure damage. In 2v2 fury is better in certain match ups.

#8 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:11 AM

Both are viable and can work, that's for sure. However, they bring in different things to the team.

Fury is indeed more or less a raw damage spec which excels at bursting someone down really fast. And yes, they heal quite a lot but take increased damage when they Enrage. The "Thirst for Battle" honor talent is also currently insane, freeing you of all slows and roots and making you immune to them for the next 2 seconds everytime you use Bloodthirst on anything really (BT has a cd of 4.5 seconds by default, lowered by Haste). If you want to try Fury, you can play comps like Fury/DH/R.Druid or KFC. There are more to be played as well. I am not sure if Fury is what you want to play in WMD though.

Arms is a spec which provides more peels and utility for the team. It has less burst, but bringing in a healing reduction effect will outshine raw damage in most cases. Also, do not forget the crazy utility of Duel, War Banner and Sharpen Blade. Turbo and Thundercleave should be considered if you want to play as Arms. TSG as well.

Streamers like Joefernandes (and Cervantes when he queues 3s) might help you out in terms of tactics and strats. Both are open to questions and interact very much with their viewers as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/joefernandes123
https://www.twitch.tv/cervantestv

Right on.

After being gone so long, I will be playing very casually & will most likely not play any Arena; best spec to run BG's in your opinion would be?

Thanks again.

#9 Shekirei

Shekirei
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • LocationMohenjo-Daro

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:14 AM

Arms is better in all situations in 3v3 as you bring support, and has mortal strike effect. If you want to just do normal BG's Fury is probably better as it's just pure damage. In 2v2 fury is better in certain match ups.

Fury for BG's eh?

For 1v1's faced in BG's, etc. is Arms gonna' out class Fury, or no?

-Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<