#21 Gimotqt

Gimotqt
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:39 PM

I think it's suspicious 'coincidence' that patch notes suggest that you do same dmg with Chaos Bolt in PvE & PvP, and when you try it, you rly do. What the creator of the patch notes possibly didn't notice is that this is only the case with having Focused Chaos, only doing same dmg in PvP with that.

patch notes are usually changes which they made in their formulas, not the relative, realistic, statistical or Total dmg ..

and chaos bolt is special case of spell which always crit and those are not the same in pvp and pve because of game rules (150 200 or maybe even 250%)

i kinda think they should have stated sth like: chaos bolt base dmg is now no longer increased by 10% while in pvp instance or sth like this), because base dmg i kinda obvious while "normal" brings some awkward ideas here

for example if they increased aimed shot dmg by 5% would u fight to prove some strange iddeas just because u have buff which increases aimed shot dmg by additional 10% per second (new sniper training talent) and its NOT real 5 % dmg buff?

(Chaos Bolt sometimes does ~460k atm, which should've been -over a million- before hotfix without cd if it's after reducing its dmg by 55%. But it certainly did not do that much dmg.

my calculations says that it would be less than 600k prehotfix +- some value because we dont know ur mastery and if 460k was a lot or just mid dmg 

what was ur chaos dmg before hotfixes?

#22 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arcane ./0/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:55 PM

(Chaos Bolt sometimes does ~460k atm, which should've been -over a million- before hotfix without cd if it's after reducing its dmg by 55%. But it certainly did not do that much dmg.

my calculations says that it would be less than 600k prehotfix +- some value because we dont know ur mastery and if 460k was a lot or just mid dmg 

Suppose you calculated with crit mechanics n stuff. But I mean if crit mechanics matter for CB, then with same 'normal' dmg, should do 200% CB in PvE and 262.5% CB in PvP with Focused Chaos.

Sure, but this doesn't happen. Chaos Bolt does not do 31% more dmg in PvP. It does the same dmg despite Focused Chaos atm

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chaos bolt, hotifx, pvp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<