#1 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arcane ./0/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:49 PM

Chaos Bolt deals normal damage in PvP situations (was an additional 10% damage)

•do ~same dmg to target dummy as to players in arena

•with same stats as in arena

It is what actually happens in game

•To ~match stats as in arena, took some gear off

~25800 intellect, 25% crit, 33% mastery, 10% versatility

But this is not supposed to be the case, -not even close-

NBP1Lun.png

If those Chaos Bolt patch notes were correct, you should do almost half the PvP dmg to a target dummy, as you get 75% more dmg from PvP talent. 

It's not that Chaos Bolt deals normal damage in PvP situations patch note isn't correct, it's off by a ~clear mile, as Chaos Bolt does about 57% dmg in PvP atm. It is the ~only way how CB still does about same dmg with focused chaos, with same intellect etc.

I mean, why even make patch notes if such an error is acceptable? Could've just spammed random numbers in there. Tho I'm sure they didn'tFrPfOM5.png

Edited by ProdeGaming, 18 January 2017 - 03:51 PM.

#2 Admoney

Admoney
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/1/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 947
  • 3v3: 1945
  • 5v5: 384

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:42 PM

Yea CB CLEARLY needs to do more damage, thank you for your amazing contributions.

#3 justicecute

justicecute
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1593
  • 3v3: 1642
  • 5v5: 1628
  • RBG: 1914

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:55 PM

taking my seat in a droonx thread

i sold my account zeynaa isnt mine anymore

#4 Konjunktur

Konjunktur

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:12 PM

Even though most people seem to have a hard time understanding Droonx's threads, I usually tend to understand them. This time however I'm at a complete loss. What's he complaining about? Is it that Chaos Bolt is too strong? Too weak? Too weak/strong in PvP compared to PvE? Anyone got it?

#5 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:30 PM

Even though most people seem to have a hard time understanding Droonx's threads, I usually tend to understand them. This time however I'm at a complete loss. What's he complaining about? Is it that Chaos Bolt is too strong? Too weak? Too weak/strong in PvP compared to PvE? Anyone got it?

Blizzard releases patch notes saying CB does 100% dmg in PvP, all the while it does about 57%. I mean if that error makes it right through, wtf doesn't?

Edited by ProdeGaming, 18 January 2017 - 07:31 PM.

#6 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:41 PM

deleted

Edited by ProdeGaming, 18 January 2017 - 08:09 PM.

#7 Violatrix

Violatrix
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 0/2/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 1790
  • LocationLos Angeles, California, USA

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:48 PM

I feel like you are intentionally misconstruing Blizzard's patch notes solely for the sake of justifying a complaint.  

The notes do not say it would so the same damage in PVE and PVP, only that it would not benefit from a 10% damage modifier that had been in place previously in PVP combat.  "Normal" and "same" are not synonyms.

Lightweight Chastise CD tracker:  http://www.curse.com...ixchastisetimer

Feral tears  :wub:

#8 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:52 PM

Good excuse, 'normal' dmg is implied to be 100%, AKA same. But then again, if it's not 100%, then what is 'normal' dmg?

#9 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 1142

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:20 PM

Good excuse, 'normal' dmg is implied to be 100%, AKA same. But then again, if it's not 100%, then what is 'normal' dmg?

Normal in pvp situation. Are you done now?

#10 hekumzx

hekumzx

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:36 PM

tuicnk.jpg

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

VO1yUL2.png

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#11 Beargryllsx

Beargryllsx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Anetheron
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2294
  • 5v5: 2221
  • RBG: 1858

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:45 PM

I feel like you are intentionally misconstruing Blizzard's patch notes solely for the sake of justifying a complaint.  

The notes do not say it would so the same damage in PVE and PVP, only that it would not benefit from a 10% damage modifier that had been in place previously in PVP combat.  "Normal" and "same" are not synonyms.

Normal in pvp situation. Are you done now?

What? Chaos Bolt was modified to do an additional percentage of damage when used in a PvP situation. This means that when used in a non-PvP situation it did no additional damage, and no additional damage means normal 100% damage. A non-PvP situation is obviously a PvE-situation. The PvP modification is now being removed so there is no difference anymore between a PvP situation and a non-PvP situation, eg. a PvE situation. The spell is now supposed to do the same damage in PvE and PvP.

I must admit that this is the first time i fully understand one of Droonx's threads and to my surprise i fully agree with it - if his experiments and numbers are correct of course. After the ridiculous double title fuck up and hilarious patch notes ('Most of your spells now do some more damage') that just shows that the Blizzard wow department has actually completely lost control over their own fucking game. Either they are complete retards or they think we are.

#12 Gimotqt

Gimotqt
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:53 PM

if it does same dmg to target dummy and to player i guess its ok since
chaos bolt always crit, and crits are different in pvp and pve(the multipliers)
#edit i mean that in this case the pvp talent kinda compensates the diff between normal pve crit and pvp crit multipliers

Edited by Gimotqt, 19 January 2017 - 12:41 AM.

#13 Paulweezy

Paulweezy
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 1836
  • RBG: 1810

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:18 AM

CB use to hit for 500k now they hit for 330k. Lawl that one melee attack LOLOL

#14 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:54 AM

if it does same dmg to target dummy and to player i guess its ok since
chaos bolt always crit, and crits are different in pvp and pve(the multipliers)
#edit i mean that in this case the pvp talent kinda compensates the diff between normal pve crit and pvp crit multipliers

What you're suggesting is that they make patch notes for what CB -hits- for, all the while it can only crit? And then because it can in fact only crit, it's 2x dmg PvE but 1.5x PvP? 

With taking crit mechanics into account as what you mentioned, it's 200% dmg for PvE and 262.5% dmg for PvP(with focused chaos, CB*1,5*1,75) Not even in that case they should not even close do same dmg. The ~only way it can do about same dmg is if it is then reduced by ~24% in PvP and even then patch notes r off by a mile

Edited by ProdeGaming, 19 January 2017 - 03:00 AM.

#15 wambafat

wambafat
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:53 AM

Is there a way to hit a target dummy with pvp stat template? Otherwise you have completely different stats in pvp to test out

#16 Gimotqt

Gimotqt
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:19 AM

What you're suggesting is that they make patch notes for what CB -hits- for, all the while it can only crit? And then because it can in fact only crit, it's 2x dmg PvE but 1.5x PvP? 

With taking crit mechanics into account as what you mentioned, it's 200% dmg for PvE and 262.5% dmg for PvP(with focused chaos, CB*1,5*1,75) Not even in that case they should not even close do same dmg. The ~only way it can do about same dmg is if it is then reduced by ~24% in PvP and even then patch notes r off by a mile

ye they usually patchnote the base spell dmg and in that specific case it might be kinda misleading because players may think : 10 % !?

i hit for 20% less!!

I agree that patch notes are usually shitty

i read ur post as "cb does similar dmg in pvp  and pve, even tho it has 75% bonus dmg talent, so they nerfed it more than 10%" or "if it 100% in pve and pvp now it should do 75% more dmg in pvp(talent), but it deals the same"

so i just pointed out that besides normal (pve) and pvp dmg there are global conditions/rules like 150% crits vs 200%(thought it was 250)

/ 2.5 crit dmg vs 1.75*1.5(2.62)// if its 2v2.62 we should do some more research since we are getting closer

maybe there are other mechanics which reduce dmg of chaos in pvp combat or spells in general

locks mastery is pure rng also

Edited by Gimotqt, 19 January 2017 - 08:54 AM.

#17 Danismyname

Danismyname
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/0/1/1/1

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:41 AM

Don't know how you can adjust your stats while hitting a target dumym to the stats that u have during arena. Since it is a different Template than the "normal" gear sclaing. Same counts for the dummy. So you cant really tell anything of hitting dummies and comparing it to hitting players. 

Edited by Danismyname, 19 January 2017 - 08:42 AM.

#18 Damaskinos

Damaskinos
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/2/2
  • RBG: 1734
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

There are PvP Dummies in SW.

Just saying ...

#19 Beargryllsx

Beargryllsx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Anetheron
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2294
  • 5v5: 2221
  • RBG: 1858

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:30 AM

There are PvP Dummies in SW.

Just saying ...

I'm doing 700k lavabursts on those...

#20 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:09 AM

I think it's suspicious 'coincidence' that patch notes suggest that you do same dmg with Chaos Bolt in PvE & PvP, and when you try it, you rly do. What the creator of the patch notes possibly didn't notice is that this is only the case with having Focused Chaos, only doing same dmg in PvP with that.

Ofc 'oh just oversight'

No, if Focused Chaos rly is calculated in it by mistake and that's how same dmg, then in the patch notes

Chaos Bolt deals normal damage in PvP situations (was an additional 10% damage)

'was an additional 10% damage' surely isn't possible. In that case if Chaos Bolt now in fact does 57% of PvE dmg and was doing 110% of PvE, then with Focused Chaos going from 100% to 75% as well, patch notes would suggest that in total CB is doing ~55% less dmg after the hotfix than before it. Which most certainly did not happen, did not do 1m no cd chaos bolts before hotfix.(Chaos Bolt sometimes does ~460k atm, which should've been -over a million- before hotfix without cd if it's after reducing its dmg by 55%. But it certainly did not do that much dmg.

But how can 'was an additional 10% damage' not be correct? It is data that is only available for Blizzard, could even make it up, it just has to 'work'. But it certainly doesn't in this case, due to possible oversight with Focused Chaos. It could not have been 10% additional dmg. It was not. It is actually a made up crap.

I think it's unacceptable that the provider of patch notes is just throwing numbers around/makes shit up, maybe as Itsgucci mentioned because 'oh it's for retards, won't notice anyway'.

Did. Bad luck

Edited by ProdeGaming, 19 January 2017 - 11:19 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chaos bolt, hotifx, pvp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

<