Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:11 PM

Maybe im not the best person to say this since i've just been to one tournament but people that think that we players that have attended WoW LANS see this game as our life and we are "pros" or whatnot can you please shut the fuck up. All of us play WoW as a hobby, because it's fun. The fact that some players happen to be better than others is just natural. So why not enjoy playing in tournaments etc in a game that you enjoy? 99% of the R1s do something else IRL, theres only a very few that can and want to live off of WoW and thats because they have a good contract with someone or they are making a lot of money from streaming, mostly it's the two that I just mentioned combined. 

So I don't understand why people feel the need to bash others for being bigger nerds or whatever, we are all nerds here stop pretending you are not. If someone wants to try and make a living of WoW for a couple of years just fucking let them do it if they enjoy it? And then you can do something else that you enjoy making your livelihood of.

So shut the fuck up u fucking freaks. Ty.

I believe you missed the point by far: there is obviously nothing wrong on playing videogames and do tournaments. all me and others said is it's pretty sad for a 18y old guy to base his life on it, taking it as a job instead of investing in education or learning professional skills. this was the main point.

#22 dizzcord

dizzcord
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 1/0/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2216
  • 3v3: 2749
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 192

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

More whine about young people making a "living" out of video games than on people that doesnt make a living at all (like most of WoW playerbase) lul

Edited by dizzcord, 09 January 2017 - 05:53 PM.

Why is everyone complaining about pruning?
The reason WoW is not a ESPORT is because of the extreme imbalance between different classes and comps,
So what blizzard is doing IS MAKING IT EASIER FOR EVERYONE TO MULTICLASS.
SO YOU DONT GET COUNTERED EVERY FUCKING GAME.
If you feel like your class is dumb and easy, try another class THAT'S THE POINT OF PRUNING.................

#23 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1851
  • 3v3: 2707
  • RBG: 1884

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:14 PM

Maybe im not the best person to say this since i've just been to one tournament but people that think that we players that have attended WoW LANS see this game as our life and we are "pros" or whatnot can you please shut the fuck up. All of us play WoW as a hobby, because it's fun. The fact that some players happen to be better than others is just natural. So why not enjoy playing in tournaments etc in a game that you enjoy? 99% of the R1s do something else IRL, theres only a very few that can and want to live off of WoW and thats because they have a good contract with someone or they are making a lot of money from streaming, mostly it's the two that I just mentioned combined. 

So I don't understand why people feel the need to bash others for being bigger nerds or whatever, we are all nerds here stop pretending you are not. If someone wants to try and make a living of WoW for a couple of years just fucking let them do it if they enjoy it? And then you can do something else that you enjoy making your livelihood of.

So shut the fuck up u fucking freaks. Ty.

the thing is you have arrogant fucks who spawned 1 expansion after the game was already dead (hi xoni) shittalking everyone else

while claiming to be a "pro-gamer" and acting as if he is some kind of god in arena

#24 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:43 PM

More whine about young people making a "living" out of video games than on people that doesnt make a living at all (like alot most of WoW playerbase) lul

say best case scenario you make 2k eu/month average for couple of years. is that what you call making a living ? i believe the somalian "refugee" who mops the stairs in my building actually makes nore than that. yeah, i'd say studying goes a longer way.. by far

#25 dizzcord

dizzcord
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 1/0/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2216
  • 3v3: 2749
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 192

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:08 PM

say best case scenario you make 2k eu/month average for couple of years. is that what you call making a living ? i believe the somalian "refugee" who mops the stairs in my building actually makes nore than that. yeah, i'd say studying goes a longer way.. by far

I think you missunderstood what I meant

Allthough, for example Whaazz, I'm not that up to date with his economical situation, but isnt he 18 and bought his own apartment(?) If so that's pretty decent isn't it?

Not defending 'wow esport lifeplan', but isnt doing what you enjoy the point of living? idk, its not like he's 30 years old playing videogames while feeding on society like alot of other people (Atleast not yet xd) 

Nothing wrong with doing whatever you enjoy for afew years imo, maybe thats just what I think  :confused: 

Why is everyone complaining about pruning?
The reason WoW is not a ESPORT is because of the extreme imbalance between different classes and comps,
So what blizzard is doing IS MAKING IT EASIER FOR EVERYONE TO MULTICLASS.
SO YOU DONT GET COUNTERED EVERY FUCKING GAME.
If you feel like your class is dumb and easy, try another class THAT'S THE POINT OF PRUNING.................

#26 asdjbasf122

asdjbasf122
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2463
  • RBG: 768

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

Honestly just because you get to go to a tourney (all expenses paid) doesnt make you a nerd or a guy trying to ONLY make money of wow... it means youre not a retard for taking free money and a little holiday for playing a game. Stop being jealous spastics.

#27 Odrareg

Odrareg
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/2/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1960
  • 3v3: 2151
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:23 PM

its good to take advantage of it while it lasts but remember the game will die eventually so you either have a backup plan or change game :)

#28 asdjbasf122

asdjbasf122
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:26 PM

its good to take advantage of it while it lasts but remember the game will die eventually so you either have a backup plan or change game :)

McDonalds said i have a job for life. I was the reason there was a chicken nugget shortage in 04'. Bitches just wanted my nuggets what can i say.

Edited by asdjbasf122, 09 January 2017 - 06:26 PM.

#29 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:59 PM

I think you missunderstood what I meant

Allthough, for example Whaazz, I'm not that up to date with his economical situation, but isnt he 18 and bought his own apartment(?) If so that's pretty decent isn't it?
Not defending 'wow esport lifeplan', but isnt doing what you enjoy the point of living? idk, its not like he's 30 years old playing videogames while feeding on society like alot of other people (Atleast not yet xd) 
Nothing wrong with doing whatever you enjoy for afew years imo, maybe thats just what I think  :confused:

does he live in Cambogia ? however no, if that was the case good for him.
my thoughts were more a general consideration, i dont know the guy nor i really care about 1specific case

#30 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alleria
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire ././././././2
  • 2v2: 1637
  • 3v3: 2821
  • RBG: 1588

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:06 PM

wow you must be scandinavian if you think 2k eu a month is low salary XD, clueless idiot.

#31 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2620
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:09 PM

fucking nerd virgins

Posted Image

#32 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:25 PM

I believe you missed the point by far: there is obviously nothing wrong on playing videogames and do tournaments. all me and others said is it's pretty sad for a 18y old guy to base his life on it, taking it as a job instead of investing in education or learning professional skills. this was the main point.

It doesn't really matter if he starts his university when he's 18, 20 or even 22 years old though. The few years talking to people and travelling around might even help him avoid him picking up the wrong profession, because you really know fuck all coming out of high school.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#33 Odrareg

Odrareg
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/2/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1960
  • 3v3: 2151
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:33 PM

http://www.esportsea...aft/top-players

yea man

so many pros living the dream

even fucking hearthstone and hots got bigger prizepools

lmao

according to that site, how do you buy your own flat with 18k usd? a danish appartment definitely costs a lot more, i guess, even including the money from streaming / coaching or whatever?

probably paying the rent which is still nice for a 18y old obviously though - but not life changing on the long run

i personally think that as a gamer once you hit your 30s you get slower as reaction time starts dropping or something, correct? so as long as no one forgets that you cant live forever off a game, we shouldnt bash those "living the dream"

#34 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:36 PM

wow you must be scandinavian if you think 2k eu a month is low salary XD, clueless idiot.

you are so stupid it is not even funny: 2k would be a good salary if you live in southern europe? yes. he is scandinavian so as you can see that's a poor salary. this being said, would a 2k salary be good for your entire life? maybe. for couple of years? nope. also consider you get no retairment savings out of that. great future ahead indeed... judging by your mental skills you probably come from some poor eastern european county so yeah, lemme have your paypal if you need, i will spare you some help cash.

It doesn't really matter if he starts his university when he's 18, 20 or even 22 years old though. The few years talking to people and travelling around might even help him avoid him picking up the wrong profession, because you really know fuck all coming out of high school.

well no, job market is becoming more and more competitive everyday: in most scenarios you will need to be graduated, have a master and some relevant experience by the age of 25 else none is gonna hire you for good
position. the result is you ending up in a vicious circle where you are too old to be interesting but you have zero experience so nobody wants you neither as intern, nor for a permanent position. yes, you can still count on social welfare which means "mom's basement and mountain dew" life. woah, spectacular

#35 Healingstat

Healingstat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2490

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:52 PM

how are the 8 "main" teams gonna be picked?

Teams will be seeded based on the average Current Rating of the 3 members highest characters. Top 7 teams automatically get into the weekend event, the following 8 teams (8-15 seed) will battle it out on Friday for the final spot!

#36 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:52 PM

well no, job market is becoming more and more competitive everyday: in most scenarios you will need to be graduated, have a master and some relevant experience by the age of 25 else none is gonna hire you for good
position. the result is you ending up in a vicious circle where you are too old to be interesting but you have zero experience so nobody wants you neither as intern, nor for a permanent position. yes, you can still count on social welfare which means "mom's basement and mountain dew" life. woah, spectacular

Nah it's not that hard, you just need to pick up something meaningful like electrical engineering or IT and not social studies. Noone cares if you're 25 or 30 if you're programming.

Honestly, you might as well just start studying IT if you sit behind a PC the whole day and try to be a badass like proditor and kollektiv and write something like gladius or interruptbar. :)

Edited by Abidalzim, 09 January 2017 - 07:59 PM.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#37 asdjbasf122

asdjbasf122
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:54 PM

Teams will be seeded based on the average Current Rating of the 3 members highest characters. Top 7 teams automatically get into the weekend event, the following 8 teams (8-15 seed) will battle it out on Friday for the final spot!

I thought teams that have been to blizzard events get priority over people regardless of cr?

#38 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

I earn slightly less than 2k euros and it's clearly enough for a good living in France. I could have earn way more with another job i refused, because i favorise quality of life more than having a good career and salary.

Right now, i have a good job with excellent coworkers (Just one romanian i dislike, but nothing exceptionnal, he's romanian.), i come home quite early, have my appartment and i don't take work home, no stress.

About the "professional gamer" thing, something which... bothers me about this is when it becomes a "job", how do you enjoy games after?

Because i suppose you have to play, you have to train, you have obligations when you are a professional gamer. Maybe i'm just the only one with this perception, but video games are my main "fun" activity since i was 7 when i played Duke Nukem. I can start when i want, stop when i want, choose my schedule...

Everyone has his own perception yes, but i agree about one thing. For having participate in one "WoW lan tournament", the people you met there, the players are for most of them extremely hypocrite and not really "friend" worthy.

(And quite blind to obvious mockery.)

Posted Image

#39 Atosy

Atosy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1557
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1740

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:05 PM

Ppl fighting whether 2k euro is a lot or not for a month, meanwhile the minimal wage in Hungary is 265 eur/month. FeelsBadMan

Fcking spoiled kids from welfare countries lol.

#40 Healingstat

Healingstat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2490

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:07 PM

I thought teams that have been to blizzard events get priority over people regardless of cr?

This was policy last year, correct. We decided given the new expansion it is better we give all teams an equal chance at qualification, and therefore seeding will be decided solely on ladder CR.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gcd, gcdtv, tournament, esports, wowesports, europe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<