Photo

Struggling To Survive in 3s as Spriest - Tips?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheFreedomSong

TheFreedomSong
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 1625

Posted 24 December 2016 - 10:28 PM

So far, the comps I have been playing are FDK/Spriest/Rsham or HPally, RPS, Ret/Spriest/RSham, Shadowplay.

How do you guys survive against melee zergs? All I've been running across are TSG, WD, Turbo, Ret/DK, Double Feral, Ret/Survival, DH melee teams. I'm finding it impossible to get a single VT off. I try to juke, if I juke, they'll stun, throw cc's out on my healer, I try to mass dispell, they just over lap stuns and I can't get mass dispells out. We try to LoS and hug pillars to get breathing room, but bops usually get purged. My healer tries to keep me up but it usually doesn't help cause he might get interrupted or cc'd. I'm not sure if it's me who's playing poorly? Cause I try to line the melee but I'm constantly slowed, trying to cast void erruption to try and put ANY pressure, but I just keep becoming the kill target, or they'll hard swap for a moment on my sham because he got interrupted or cc'd.

Is it the comps I'm playing or should I find a feral & FPS? Same goes for Shadowplay, they'll either hit me or the warlock, we can't really outlive the damage, either one of us.

I'm frustrated. Any help would suffice. We're stuck at like 1700-1800 mmr.

#2 Medge

Medge
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Retribution 0/2/0/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 951
  • 3v3: 1617
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:06 PM

Last season it was simple, reroll lock or feral. At the moment, i have no clue perhaps 7 1.5 will help out on the survival part for spriests.

#3 Anboniwow

Anboniwow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 2170
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1553

Posted 25 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

I feel like it's really hard to survive vs warriors and enha shamans. Other than that I don't really have a problem with being trained by melee anymore.

I straight out accept the fact that they will have 100% uptime on me so I just pick a spot, max range from my healer and just stay there and do my pve rotation, trying to DOT everyone.

After 2-3 casts you can see when they kick; some like to kick asap<- really easy to juke, others wait till after the cast is half way<-harder to juke). You get to learn their pattern and juke easy-ish.

When I get trained by melee all game, I just save fear either defensively when they pop cds OR for swaps on healers if they push in. Vs DK comps, I just save fear for every grip.

TSG is hard but you can stay alive. Don't be greedy with dispersion.

I never lose to WD as FPS. A lot of time I don't even have to disperse. Just save fear for grip (trinket if you have to just fear them on grip).

Turbo will beat you 100%, que again.

Ret/surv is the most scripted setup ever. If your healer is orc, have him play adaptation and he will get out of every other trap. I like to have my healer play Trinket cause I feel confident dispelling every trap. If your healer gets Cycloned once, you break the script and lose. :c

Ret/DK should go for your healer, what are they doing?

You should be able to survive everything with proper cooldown rotation from you and your healer.  

I haven't played with a DK yet but I imagine he can put a lot of pressure on 2 melees if they stay on you.

Feral offheals are insanely strong.

Warlocks have retarded pve damage if they ignore him, so just don't die and get nice mind bombs/silences and the warlock will solo everything pretty much... XD

A big tip I could give you is use Mind Control a lot. On maps like sewers or Blade's Edge, I feel like a god with MC. 

Idk, I hope this helped in any way. =]

#4 Conditions

Conditions
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:15 AM

So far, the comps I have been playing are FDK/Spriest/Rsham or HPally, RPS, Ret/Spriest/RSham, Shadowplay.

How do you guys survive against melee zergs? All I've been running across are TSG, WD, Turbo, Ret/DK, Double Feral, Ret/Survival, DH melee teams. I'm finding it impossible to get a single VT off. I try to juke, if I juke, they'll stun, throw cc's out on my healer, I try to mass dispell, they just over lap stuns and I can't get mass dispells out. We try to LoS and hug pillars to get breathing room, but bops usually get purged. My healer tries to keep me up but it usually doesn't help cause he might get interrupted or cc'd. I'm not sure if it's me who's playing poorly? Cause I try to line the melee but I'm constantly slowed, trying to cast void erruption to try and put ANY pressure, but I just keep becoming the kill target, or they'll hard swap for a moment on my sham because he got interrupted or cc'd.

Is it the comps I'm playing or should I find a feral & FPS? Same goes for Shadowplay, they'll either hit me or the warlock, we can't really outlive the damage, either one of us.

I'm frustrated. Any help would suffice. We're stuck at like 1700-1800 mmr.

How do you survive against melee zergs? Against Turbo you're dead anyway, can take disperse HT to delay the inevitable though. Melee has too much uptime, so just learn to juke, prioritize getting 2x vts up, we counter Paladin comps heavily, max range your healer so he has more freedom and doesn't get hard swapped on (or forces them to move away from you to cc), especially if you're playing with an RSham you just simply don't want to be near him against melee cleaves because if they can force his trinket; they'll almost definitely swap and 100-0 him. You've said you're trying to cast void eruption - playing with instant VER should be a no brainer really.

With Shadowplay the longer the game goes on the easier you win; but you'll most likely die first against TSG or turbo.

Chewthefat pmuch covered all else. If you have a skillcapped sub I'd highly recommend watches Craze's defensive Spriest guide, I've only ever played Priest main (had an alt boomkin and rsham but pmuch always queued as Priest) and there's still shit especially from this expansion I didn't know we could do.

Edited by Conditions, 27 December 2016 - 02:29 AM.

xY5YWFw.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<