Whisket
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 2/0/0/0/2/2/2

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:14 PM

yep but current pvp reward system is kinda mess

if they want to change it they should consider a lot of stuff not just push worst tittles which were given to almost every guy who was into pvp previous seasons(challanger,rival) to actually decent ppl playing now

imagine if u played league of legends to high platinum or diamond ranks and aftter seasons end and rewards distribution u enter the game and ur frame is bronze and u get no skin just because they realised that 90% players are shit in silver/gold so they dont deserve anything at all and bronze will now represent ppl playing at 2k + mmr 

rated pvp rewards should include more mounts/pets/gear(maybe some weekly gems to increase pvp ilvl so its not 100% rng)/titles/shiny stuff for during the season and after it ends

if community is small and there are not many new players it cancerous for whole system, it will end in situation where 90% players are good but only few of them get sth so there will be no reason to play the game for many ppl, and new guys will quickly realise that its not even worthy trying

maybe a lot of players just cant get more than 50wins because they are bad but why shouldnt they be included in ladders if they lost hundreds of games and gave a lot rating to others

they dont even have to add any new titles, just put rbg titles into arena ladder and let them be a during the season reward for current rating

all these rbg/prestige mounts/stuff should be granted for rating not for just winning 50games at 500mmr or afking in randombgs

I agree that they might aswell do it properly not just on the top level. The RNG system is not supported by anyone i think and there should without any doubt be more rewards on the way and for people not good enough getting to the top. They have to make pvp more attractive for everyone.

But i dont see how pvp ever can be attractive when there is no diversity with the classes and unless they change the classes and attitude towards making gameplay simpler, i think they can add all the rewards in the world but pvp will still be boring, Classes should not be based around the worst players, it should be based around the best and give people something to aim for, How to manage their class and against others, Not to have the management removed so there is only one way to play your class.

Well what can we expect, A shit expansion usually equals shit seasons/gameplay.

Edited by Whisket, 02 January 2017 - 11:16 PM.

#83 Blexone

Blexone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1757
  • 3v3: 2326

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:49 PM

You can add all rewards in the World, as long as enhancement shamans and co just simply rape every "average low rated" healer or casters like sp within seconds with almost zero effort (compared to what the healer has to do to survive) no new Player will be willing to learn and and stick to pvp. They are most likely just be like "lol wtf fuck pvp"

#84 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1462
  • 3v3: 2808
  • RBG: 2249

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:52 PM

ppl complaining about class/comp diversity EleGiggle

u realise u cant even q lfg as 3k + exp player with 2k people unless ur class fits their "viable" comp its a community problem cant even blame blizzard for this plenty of comps/classes are VERY viable that people just dont wanna try 

edit : not sure if this is a US problem but in eu people are  super fucking tryhard random lfg 1500 people dont even wanna play 10 wins 2s unless comp is "viable" 

Edited by Refren, 02 January 2017 - 11:56 PM.

#85 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1851
  • 3v3: 2707
  • RBG: 1884

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

u realise u cant even q lfg as 3k + exp player with 2k people unless ur class fits their "viable" comp its a community problem cant even blame blizzard for this plenty of comps/classes are VERY viable that people just dont wanna try 

edit : not sure if this is a US problem but in eu people are  super fucking tryhard random lfg 1500 people dont even wanna play 10 wins 2s unless comp is "viable" 

nothing new, remids me of good old yungup shitting on every1 with phd when people thought the comp was dead since wrath

#86 moneky

moneky

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:56 PM

nothing new, remids me of good old yungup shitting on every1 with phd when people thought the comp was dead since wrath

YUNGYUP GET IT RIGHT

C51bowq.png

#87 Buddha

Buddha
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 951
  • 3v3: 1736
  • RBG: 1833

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:40 PM

I have seen a glad pala get kicked from a group (before we even started playing) in favor of a 1700 MW in RBGs, so I guess that happens a lot in US as well

#88 karojakraze

karojakraze
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 2/0/2/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 1583

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:22 AM

Each season, we reward titles to the players at the top of the 3v3 and RBG ladders based on the number of players we consider active in the bracket. For the last few seasons, we have only considered players active if they have a rating above 1000. For Legion Season 1, we made the mistake of also requiring players to have 50 wins to be considered. As a result, far fewer players were considered active than intended. Since rewards are a percentage of this set of people, we ended up giving out too few rewards, which in turn meant that many players received a lower-tier reward than they should have.

Fortunately, we have a plan in place that will allow us to fix the issue and grant rewards based on criteria we've used in previous seasons. Within the next few weeks, we will re-evaluate the ladder from Season 1 and redistribute rewards. When this occurs, you will either receive the same reward you have currently, or, in some cases, a higher-tier reward.

1 month to figure out what people knew all along.. #blizzardstuff

#89 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:43 AM

For Legion Season 1, we made the mistake of also requiring players to have 50 wins to be considered

nice of them to confirm that ladder participation is so horrifically low

offtopic slightly, but can everyone with a US account that still reads this website for whatever reason go and upvote https://us.battle.ne...ge=53#post-1060 pls :)

copy-pasting it here even tho its long as fuck, full credit to the US rogue originator for such an accurate post

As a preface; I've been competitively Pvping in WoW for over 10 years, have played literally thousands of BGs and arenas and have secured top 1-3% ratings in every bracket save 5vs5.

I don't play anymore.

Why? Because the PvP in this game has gotten progressively worse since Wrath of the Lich King. In rough order of importance:

A) The pruning. Terrible. Deleterious. Myopic. Six years ago my Arms Warrior had 81 keybinds, over 40 macros and took a mountain of timing, finesse, resource management, situational awareness and reflex to play at a high, competitive level. Look at an Arms Warrior today... I used to have a macro that would cancel aura Bladestorm, equip a sword mainhand and a shield offhand, switch the defensive stance, enrage regeneration and spell reflect. The ONLY use for this singular button was for baiting and reflecting a Shadow Priest horrify disarm. Period. According to Blizzard, since this macro had no use in PvE and was so situational in PvP, it didn't need to be in the game at all. It was just bloat. It was removed. My Restoration Shaman had a macro that would swap my mainhand healing mace for another, imbue it with Rockbiter, and unleash the imbue for 10% damage reduction, and then swap back to my regular mace. Combined with Earth shock's old 10% physical damage reduction debuff, I could on-demand decrease a melee opponents damage to me with this slick little move. Now it's gone.

The examples are endless. The game had real, tangible and complex depth due to the massive number of options. On my hunter I used to spam Hunter's Mark on freeze-trapped targets to pad against the dispels of the enemy healer. On my shaman I would focus-hex a warrior to bait a reflect, cancel the cast, focus-flame shock so that the 30sec DoT would break any fears or traps or polys that the opposing team would put on me. On my lock I used to banish tree form. On my Hunter I used to scare beast a shaman's ghost wolf. On my rogue I had weapon swap macros to switch my offhand to one with a weapon chain, or one poisoned with crippling for shivs.

Now everyone has 10 buttons. More accurately, only about 4 they routinely use. There's no counter-play because there's no options. PvP has become as formulaic as PvE. There's no CHOICE anymore. You don't have to decide "What should I spend these maelstrom stacks on" or "What should I predatory swiftness cast?" or "How should I spend this Holy Power?" or "Should I dump arch angel on mana or damage?".

There's no risk-reward since the pruning. Casting smite is NEVER a good idea now. It's a long cast, holy school, does pathetic damage and even more pathetic atonement healing. What's the point? Why even leave Blood Presence? Oh wait, they even removed that too. Instead of taking an introspective and thoughtful look at why players were making obvious decisions they just removed the decisions all together.

Tragic.

:duckers: Character customization. I used to have 18 gem slots. I used to be able to enchant or libram about 90% of my gear. I used to be able to reforge. I used to be able to choose potent profession bonuses (strong bracer enchants, or glove rockets or an alchemy haste buff). Now? Pfft. They removed 90% of the game's stats anyway because they treat us like window licking morons that can't comprehend the math behind Armor Penetration.

Along the same lines of pruning, Blizzard removed every facet of in-depth character customization out of some misguided crusade to "simplify" the game because we can't handle complexity.

I can't even buy !@#$ing PvP gear anymore. It used to be an important decision. "Should I get the haste/MP5 bracers with a red socket or pick up the int/stam legs with two blue sockets?". Now %^-* just drops. Randomly. Not that it matters because we have a STAT TEMPLATE. Talk about lazy. And the silver lining of taking complete stat control away from a player in an RPG...? Balance, of course. And Legion has been a very clear example of how well these stat templates have effected balance.

A combination of both insulting and utterly disconnected with the playerbase.

C) Complete neglect of the PvP community. What communication do we get? What new Battlegrounds and Arenas do we regularly receive? What cool new PvP-related rewards and armor and titles and enchants and mounts do we receive? Seriously? A trickle? People are literally soaring through the WSG sky in high rated RBG, on video, with a GM IN THE !@#$ING MATCH, and they're not banned. But god forbid you make a forum thread with @Cheater'sName. You're banned for 6 months...

Blizzard clearly doesn't give a %^-* about PvP or PvPers.

I frankly don't even see the point of this thread, because the only way for Blizzard to make PvP enjoyable again would be to roll back 5+ years of !@#$ty decisions. An admission they're clearly not willing to make. You have a dozen classes that are woefully homogenized, that chase each other around 10 year old arenas with their 4 button PvE rotations and no control over their gear, stats or general playstyle and then you wonder why no one is queueing.

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 06 January 2017 - 02:29 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#90 Conditions

Conditions
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:17 AM

TMW this game rewards me more for hitting lvl 50 honor over and over again than playing Rated Battlegrounds.

xY5YWFw.png

#91 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:41 AM

as long as these people are in charge things wont get any "better". but seems to work for them money wise so why would they change anythingrmsNGFS.png

''While a r1 glad might like having niche abilities[..]an entry-level PvP'er could be turned off by having to learn so much [...]" - devolore

#92 Blexone

Blexone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1757
  • 3v3: 2326

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:45 AM

nice of them to confirm that ladder participation is so horrifically low

offtopic slightly, but can everyone with a US account that still reads this website for whatever reason go and upvote https://us.battle.ne...ge=53#post-1060 pls :)

copy-pasting it here even tho its long as fuck, full credit to the US rogue originator for such an accurate post

This post actually made me a little bit sad. And you dont even need to be a #1 Player to feel that way. Me and my Rivalduelist friends feel the same way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<