• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 1690

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:34 AM

Hi AJ,

I rerolled shadow priest since the start of legion but i didnt pvp at all. Now i miss pvp and i decided to focus on this side for s2.

If I used to be a regular 2.2+ warrior past expansions, I have to admit that I'm far away to be as good as a sp (with my humble experience as a warrior). And i really want to improve to get some good ratings

So I come here to learn some things from you.

First of all, i use to play some shadowplay and FPS, and if i understand how to play it, my problem is that i often do less damage than the others, especially when i'm trained by melees (its normal i guess, but i think there is a way to do more damage). I play with classics talents (driven to madness and stuff), i try to cast and refresh my dots on everybody (+ pets) prior to cast MB, and when i can i go Void Form, even if i havnt my dots up (then i cast them and start refreshing with Void Bolt)

I think anything is wrong here, because affli locks do always better damage than me, and even spriests i face

Other thing is, i want to know more tricks i can do with my spriest abilities to help my partners and then

For example, i try to pre dispel MD both defensively on sheeps and offensively on block and bubble, but i recently learn (and got kicked from a group bcuz i didnt do that) that I have to MD dots aswell as often as I can when i face Spriest or affli locks. How can I maximize that ? Should i run on my partners then MD to get off dots as much as possible ?

Any others uses for the MD ? (others cc i didnt mention for example)

Should I try to spam flash heal when my healer is in trouble or should i keep pressure damaging ?

On Blade edges or Dalaran sewers, i can see the advantage to cast MC on melees, but on other map, how can i do to make this ability useful ? When my partners are in trouble (but i dont do more damage than my dots are doing) ?

What is the best use of Silence ? offensively on cd on healer  to put more pressure or defensively on cd on casters (like sp while VF or locks casting ua) ?

How is the best use for my offensive cooldown abilities like PI, shadowfiend and psyfiend ? I guess PI in the first VF then on cd (while VF) ?

And last but no least, I used to be a warrior, so i'm a little bit lost for the good positionning as a caster.

Against melee, i do what i can, standing near my healer but not as much as he can cast without the risk of being kicked, and i'm often far away the healer so my mate is the only one who put pressure on him. Should I fear on cd on the two melees to have the time to cast dots ?

Against Melee/Caster/Healer, same but i feel a little bit more free and i try to push fear on healer + 1 dps when i can

And against double caster i'm totally lost. What is the best positionning ? Near my healer ? "middle" map ? Offensive and chasing low hp ppl ?

I try to look some stream like snutz or youtube channel like anboniwow (i know you are here, so if you read this, thanks mate you do a good job !), but english is not my first language, and i understand better written than spoken..

I assume that there is a lot of questions, but if somebody wants to helps me answering few questions, i will be very happy :D

thanks ! :)

#2 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 765
  • 3v3: 1940
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1592
  • Locationcape coral florida

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:12 AM

enjoy getting ur fucking anus pounded

one tip i can give you is what my spreist does, against mistweavers when they are about to get life cacooned he mind controls them, forcing them MW to use cacoon on himself and waste the cd. happens alot actually.

Edited by panooc, 15 December 2016 - 02:14 AM.

my hobbies include lifting impossible weights,gigantisim, unskinking the titanic, being invincible, and reading to baby deer

http://i.imgur.com/Bs9h4vO.png

#3 Jazzyghost

Jazzyghost
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 1690

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:39 PM

You mean to MC their partners ? Yes that seems a good idea, i should do it !

thanks for that first advice ! :)

#4 Hyugarr

Hyugarr
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Hyjal
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1517
  • 3v3: 1513

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:12 PM

Could you elaborate on the life cocoon ? I have trouble to beat MW

#5 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:12 PM

watch Thunderz1 stream

and do the exact opposite

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#6 Eziush

Eziush
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 96

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:24 AM

Could you elaborate on the life cocoon ? I have trouble to beat MW

When kill target is about to go down you just mc him. He becomes hostile to enemy monk and if he casts it on him he cocoons himself instead as it affects only friendly targets.

#7 crazieh

crazieh
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2256
  • RBG: 1616

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:42 AM

www.skill-capped.com 

#8 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:23 PM

www.skill-capped.com

i dont think you have enough glad titles to post here
my hobbies include lifting impossible weights,gigantisim, unskinking the titanic, being invincible, and reading to baby deer

#9 Conditions

Conditions
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:26 PM

i dont think you have enough glad titles to post here

He's a skill-capped contributor, did you honestly think he'd give away his premium content for free that easily?  :lol:

xY5YWFw.png

#10 Blexone

Blexone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1757
  • 3v3: 2326

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:31 AM

He's a skill-capped contributor, did you honestly think he'd give away his premium content for free that easily?  :lol:

Sarcasm, bro

#11 Telepatico

Telepatico
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1688

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:24 PM

bump!

I'm not that good as sPriest, but I think VF when u don't have dots Up isnt the best idea. About MC, you can do MUCH with MC: peel while enemy is bursting (works very well in serenity, combustion, deadly calm... ). 

#12 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:18 AM

what...

#13 Montyx

Montyx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 1/1/0/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • RBG: 1338

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:24 AM

quit the game its not worth your time 

#14 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:01 AM

www.skill-capped.com 

Not that I really think you're being serious with linking that here, but the main wow page hasn't been updated since 2012 by the looks of it (Cata layout as well as 2012 trademark at bottom of the page). Also shows Reckful and Khuna as contributors (I don't think either of these people have played seriously in years).

I can agree this was a good service when it was relevant many years ago. Now with Twitch being so prominent I'm sure you could learn for free by watching some Glad+ spriest stream a few hours of 3v3 gameplay. Should probably tell the owners of the site to at least put a drop of effort into updating the site if you actually are trying to convince people to pay a monthly sub to it. If linking it was a troll well then fuck me and disregard everything stated above.

Best way to get better at wow is just play the game. The game has been simplified to very easy, low standards. Watch twitch streams in free time if you can. Admittedly I don't know of any good shadow priests who stream consistently, but I'm sure there are some.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shadow, priest, spriest, shadow priest, tricks, tips, improve, improvement, better, sp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<