• Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:16 AM

December 13

Player versus Player

Monk

• (Windwalker) Strike of the Windlord now deals 60% damage in PvP.
  • (Windwalker) Fists of Fury now deals 85% damage in PvP.

I don't play ww myself, but this seems way over the top. Windwalker sustained dmg is low as it is, I'd imagine they'll be useless in arena now? Squishy as hell, not particularly good dps and extremely nerfed aoe and single target burst.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#2 Naac

Naac
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1932
  • 3v3: 1630

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:21 AM

Fists of Fury should not be anaoe channel, that is castable while moving, that ALSO stuns, and that can also drop someone >50% HP.   

Most other classes actually have to setup and  press more than one button to do all those things.

#3 Maccadin

Maccadin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1421
  • 3v3: 767
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:23 AM

December 13

Player versus Player

Monk

• (Windwalker) Strike of the Windlord now deals 60% damage in PvP.
  • (Windwalker) Fists of Fury now deals 85% damage in PvP.

I don't play ww myself, but this seems way over the top. Windwalker sustained dmg is low as it is, I'd imagine they'll be useless in arena now? Squishy as hell, not particularly good dps and extremely nerfed aoe and single target burst.

Hotfix (2016-09-23): "Strike of the Windlord (Artifact Ability) damage is now reduced by 30% in PvP (up from 50%)."

This was the last fix to strike i can find so its really 70%->60% ~15% dmg nerf
That hotfix might have been superseded since then though no idea.

#4 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:34 AM

Hotfix (2016-09-23): "Strike of the Windlord (Artifact Ability) damage is now reduced by 30% in PvP (up from 50%)."

This was the last fix to strike i can find so its really 70%->60% ~15% dmg nerf
That hotfix might have been superseded since then though no idea.

Oh right, I vaguely remember that. No clue what the real numbers are now though, someone would have to try it out.

#5 Mish

Mish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1567
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1684

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:40 AM

Well is this a nerf? Our previus PvP templates were:

Windwalker
Stat Template
Primary: 85%

Spell Multipliers
Fists of Fury deals 70% damage in PvP
Strike of the Windlord deals 70% damage in PvP

Unless I have missed another update of our PvP template:
we get a 14.29% nerf on SoTWL, but a 21.42% buff on FoF.

I can't log in at the moment to see what dmg number each ability was actually doing, but now we get a bit less dmg every 40sec but a bit more dmg every 20sec.
Maybe it is a small buff on our consistent pressure, but a small nerf in Serenity. Or a buff for Serenity also?

Anw i dont think it will make much of a difference.

To me it seems like they have tried to lower the surprise butt sex SoTWL was doing inside Serenity without affecting our damage inside Serenity. And the only way to do that, was a buff on FoF, plus now we get a bit more pressure outside Serenity.

Edited by Manowar, 14 December 2016 - 07:14 AM.

#6 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:46 AM

Aah that would make a lot of sense if it's true.

The pvp templates are still confusing as hell though. How come they can't just make another page next to the character stats that would list all the active changes?

#7 Mish

Mish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1567
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1684

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:57 AM

Aah that would make a lot of sense if it's true.

The pvp templates are still confusing as hell though. How come they can't just make another page next to the character stats that would list all the active changes?

Cos they are retarded m8

Edited by Manowar, 14 December 2016 - 07:58 AM.

#8 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 2489
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:49 AM

I'm not too worried about these nerfs since they were needed. But something that concerns me is that when 7.1.5 hits and a lot classes are getting buffs while nothing happens to WW is that we might turn into WoD WW Monk again. Which means we wont get picked over rogues/warriors ever because when all of our classes are equally good you always want to pick the other 2 over WW depending on what comp you play (XLS / XMD). And I don't want another expansion having to play WWDK to achieve rating.

And although what made WW so  good at the moment was that almost every single dps you paired with them was a T1 comp (wwele - wwmage - wwsp - wwlock - wwdk). So nerfs were needed no doubt but maybe instead of nerfing WW in a random hotfix maybe they should have waited for 7.1.5 and see how other classes compete. Because when 7.1.5 releases there's only going to be monks crying on the forums about how they need buffsand we probably will.

Either way I didn't enjoy the gameplay of WW in this season and now I probably wont enjoy it at all. Being a 1 shot class isn't the most fun and when you are a 1 shot class and don't oneshot it's definitely not fun.

Edited by Fedx, 14 December 2016 - 08:51 AM.

#9 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:36 AM

Hopefully WW remains shit for the whole season just like warriors did Season 1 :)

#10 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 2489
  • 5v5: 96
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:11 AM

Hopefully WW remains shit for the whole season just like warriors did Season 1 :)

warriors were the kings of first 2 weeks of the season !!11:)

Besides if zhrey can make it work to r1 then it cant be that bad right? No flame ofc i love zhrey

#11 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:08 AM

I'm not too worried about these nerfs since they were needed. But something that concerns me is that when 7.1.5 hits and a lot classes are getting buffs while nothing happens to WW is that we might turn into WoD WW Monk again. Which means we wont get picked over rogues/warriors ever because when all of our classes are equally good you always want to pick the other 2 over WW depending on what comp you play (XLS / XMD). And I don't want another expansion having to play WWDK to achieve rating.

And although what made WW so  good at the moment was that almost every single dps you paired with them was a T1 comp (wwele - wwmage - wwsp - wwlock - wwdk). So nerfs were needed no doubt but maybe instead of nerfing WW in a random hotfix maybe they should have waited for 7.1.5 and see how other classes compete. Because when 7.1.5 releases there's only going to be monks crying on the forums about how they need buffsand we probably will.

Either way I didn't enjoy the gameplay of WW in this season and now I probably wont enjoy it at all. Being a 1 shot class isn't the most fun and when you are a 1 shot class and don't oneshot it's definitely not fun.

LUL

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#12 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • LocationAustria

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:39 AM

i just want Tigereye stacks back man

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Atosy

Atosy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1557
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1740

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:39 PM

Finally. I'm just wondering why PHD werent touched at all.

#14 Preepx

Preepx

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:12 PM

Actually first time agree with u. The thing is blizzard doing their own shit. For example, why they changing Dizzying Kicks (usuless) talent to another usuless talent like Black ox statue (even more usuless talent)? Are we gonna be tanks or what? I know, we was kinda op with this oneshots, it fas funny, and yeah we could get a bit nerf. But i don't wanna be same shit ww design like in wod. Where i was forced to do damage with Chi Torpedo (ability for moving) which is was pretty disgusting. Almost all classes in 7.1.5 will be buffed except ww. Idk is it something like a joke? Demon hunter will get mana burn, he will burn u to oom, and then will use manabreak. WUT IS THAT?

Edited by Preepx, 14 December 2016 - 01:14 PM.

1lNJU73.jpg

#15 Telepatico

Telepatico
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1688

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:30 PM

Srsly, IMO monks is the only thing in this game that piss me off.. 

Never understood why the fck a class is able to has 4 interrupts (2 stuns, paralyse and interrupt), one of the most powerfuls burst atm; arguably, the better mobility in the game and the capacity of one-shoting ppl, with Artefact and ToD.

At least they doens't have self-heal.... Oh, they has.

#discpriestfeelings

#16 Avizura

Avizura
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination 0/1/2/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 3101
  • RBG: 1697

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:17 PM

it just took them 5 months :D :D

#17 Preepx

Preepx

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:03 PM

Srsly, IMO monks is the only thing in this game that piss me off.. 

Never understood why the fck a class is able to has 4 interrupts (2 stuns, paralyse and interrupt), one of the most powerfuls burst atm; arguably, the better mobility in the game and the capacity of one-shoting ppl, with Artefact and ToD.

At least they doens't have self-heal.... Oh, they has.

#discpriestfeelings

Yeah, i can cast Effuse for 70k-80k crit, it's op. Especially with 1.32 sec cast

1lNJU73.jpg

#18 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:42 PM

this spec is just aids.make fist of fury stun a talent on same tier of leg swipe. class fixed.

#19 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:54 AM

Too tired to complain. There is no fun for comp forming any more, just op class + op class.

#20 Damaskinos

Damaskinos
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/2/2
  • RBG: 1734
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:27 AM

A 3k WW Monk thinks WW Monks got nerfed. Well ...

I'm not too worried about these nerfs ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<