Photo

MoP s15 arena server (open to suggestions/ different patches)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Vehruz

Vehruz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 96

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:48 AM

Hey AJ. Been lurking here for years but finally got a decent contribution (I feel.) with how legion is going for myself personally I am not enjoying it one bit; it doesn't feel like wow to me it feels like some shitty, LoL-Esque arcade game but enough of my personal griping. How many people would be interested in setting up a community on a s15 arena server? I am willing to put in the time for this and have some fellow computing degree holders who have offered to help me with the harder programming. If possible I would like a lot of interest as I a my going to create the most in depth server possible with end season rewards, mounts and all different items. I'm hoping for a thriving server with lots of high level competition as most private servers these day so are dead and inflated with poor players; I would love it if a lot of interest would be generated for this as I miss proper arena in wow so much and (yes I'm nostalgic to previous expats) I just want it to be the same again. Loooking forward to hearing your responses.

Email me directly at [email protected]

Cheers!!

#2 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:49 AM

if there was an active AT-esque s15 server it would be played the shit out of

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#3 Vehruz

Vehruz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:55 AM

That's so good to hear! We are more than willing to work on it until it's perfect but our only concern is that it might not get much traffic and the necessary advertisement.

#4 xResentfulx

xResentfulx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ghostlands
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Havoc 1/1/2/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1527
  • 3v3: 1868
  • RBG: 1781
  • LocationEurope

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:44 AM

Not sure how popular MoP is with people in terms of pvp... For some it was balanced cause each spec had something retarded going for it, while to others it sucked for the same reason, along with infinite cc chains etc... I didnt even get to s15 though so no clue how that was. Id personally try it for that reason at least. What comps were good? 

Also was WoD pvp any good? played like 2 months total of that expac and found nothing to do and no patches so never came back. Was it balanced or shit? fun to play even if shit? what were the good comps other than RMD that i know was good?

#5 Mikefraud

Mikefraud
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1663
  • 3v3: 2401
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 576

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:08 AM

s15 was the best season ive played by far! would love to play it again

#6 Conditions

Conditions
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:13 AM

As much as I liked S15, these things just never last (even AT which I thought was invincible went to shit).

xY5YWFw.png

#7 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 765
  • 3v3: 1940
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1592
  • Locationcape coral florida

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:14 AM

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

legion deff has some problems but the content they are delivering constant meta changes and updates monthly is deff a blizzard we havent seen since wotlk.

dont quit on legion yet

my hobbies include lifting impossible weights,gigantisim, unskinking the titanic, being invincible, and reading to baby deer

http://i.imgur.com/Bs9h4vO.png

#8 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 1142

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:54 AM

It wont have the active pool you are hoping for.

#9 Vehruz

Vehruz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:09 AM

Ok kind of getting a mixed bag of reactions - personally I believe s15 would be a great patch for the server because it's not too far in the past so many will pick up their classes fast again, most specs if not all for Arena were viable and the amount of viable comps was ridiculous. I think people who are hesistant to play will stay on if there is enough support for it as (hopefully) there will be high level queues and the facilities on the server are second to none. It would be a pure arena server, no VIP - top level ear/gems/enchants all free straight away, all mounts usable and other cosmetics available for personal use, dedicated duel areas and specific rewards due to rating achieved at the end of each season. (It may be s15 a few times but if people fancy a change we can always go to 4.3.4 or s8 wrath for a change.)

#10 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2599
  • RBG: 384

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:12 PM

my vote goes to wod s18 private server where ur only allowed to play turbo mirrors 

#11 Vehruz

Vehruz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:42 PM

Hahahaha can you imagine :P

Seriously though I'm willing to put as much time as is needed into this server but I want to get as many opinions as I can gather to make this best for everyone and also to develop a good community on there focused on proper Arena. If anyone has any advice on what should be added into the server please let me know in this thread.

#12 Vehruz

Vehruz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:52 PM

Because let's be honest, Arena will never be high up on the dev's list of importance so if a server can be created that caters to the wishes of most people in the arena community that would be great - a constant challenge with good class design and a wide variety of classes which everyone can enjoy. Hope this can get started up successfully.

#13 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:32 PM

I had more fun and spent more time playing on wotlk AT during MoP, even with an active subscription... I don't think many will want to play on it, except the people that got into arena and got high during it. It's just my personal opinion, but I thought MoP gameplay was one of the lowest points in WoW history.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#14 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:52 PM

I had more fun and spent more time playing on wotlk AT during MoP, even with an active subscription... I don't think many will want to play on it, except the people that got into arena and got high during it. It's just my personal opinion, but I thought MoP gameplay was one of the lowest points in WoW history.

s15 had a variety of viable comps, dot snapshotting, fast paced damage for fast paced reactions

I'm sure all you are remembering is season 12 when KFC ran around 1 shotting everything with stupid warriors and bugged hunter pets but it was one season, not the whole expansion

WOD was the lowest points in wow history

#15 Vehruz

Vehruz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

Shendelzare how do you feel the reception would be for the server if we got it all up and running? Funnily enough the cata server my mate made is currently up and it's really really good to be honest if anyone would like to give it a try?

#16 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:14 PM

I played some bgs on pandawow and it was a disaster.

#17 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:09 AM

I played some bgs on pandawow and it was a disaster.

In what way lol?

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#18 Vehruz

Vehruz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:22 AM

The server we're thinking of making is completely uncomfortable to pandawow or any other current MoP server, I've played on warmane MoP and I think it's shit personally. It will be a pure Arena server, free gear, gems, enchants, all transmog options, mounts, tankards etc. Basically it's going to be a free s15 AT.

#19 Conditions

Conditions
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:20 PM

The server we're thinking of making is completely uncomfortable to pandawow or any other current MoP server, I've played on warmane MoP and I think it's shit personally. It will be a pure Arena server, free gear, gems, enchants, all transmog options, mounts, tankards etc. Basically it's going to be a free s15 AT.

Could be wrong but I think it's naive to think that model will work. How do you intend to fund this server? People cried about donation shit on AT because either you farmed the rating or you had to have it, but it paid the bills. I actually wouldn't play a free server just because on that basis I'd never expect it to last.

xY5YWFw.png

#20 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:02 PM

I mean maybe a lot of people like MOP who knows. I thought I did but I don't :^) give tbc)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<