• Whirlwind
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1424
  • 3v3: 1928
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 576

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:35 AM

Hey guys! Just a little rant here.

A little about me - I reached max level on my enhancement shaman at the end of Wrath. Started doing arenas shortly thereafter (end of s8). Got my first 2.2 in s9, quit in s11 without much improvement (played on a backwater server). I came back to the game at the end of MoP and and got my first 2.4. Beginning of WoD I got up to low glad range, 2600. Didn't play again until the end of WoD and now I've been playing Legion.

This will be my first Gladiator season. My team and I have also been attempting to get to a safe rank 1 range on US - Alliance (we play enhance survival mistweaver). I've noticed that recently when we queue I get really frustrated/angry. I think a lot of it is the stress of trying to push, having trouble staying positive, etc. Lately we'll have games where I feel like I couldn't do anything (probably untrue); either the comp we're facing counters us or the way they're playing makes it feel impossible, etc. I hate having that limiting mindset but that's just how it feels vs some teams.

Any tips for staying positive when queuing and trying to improve? I feel like I'm banging my head up against the wall. We've been stuck between 2.6 and 2650 this last week, we're not going up and the queues aren't very fun a lot of the time.

I know you guys really care so I just wanted to share <3 I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Melior, 08 December 2016 - 11:39 AM.

#2 DkH.ZeRa

DkH.ZeRa
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1674
  • 3v3: 2551
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1769

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:30 PM

There was a saying at my progaming time in warcraft 3:
train hard, go pro! -> mass gaming is important to learn, dont sit on rating and better dont care about any lose.
queue up again and really try to focus. discuss the lose before.
you can capture the matches on twitch and watch it with your team. that will improve your game a lot.

Also Ghostcode did a really good job on his thread some days ago:

Think outside the box, the PvPer's mentality - http://www.arenajunk...pers-mentality/

Posted Image

#3 Melior

Melior
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:09 PM

There was a saying at my progaming time in warcraft 3:
train hard, go pro! -> mass gaming is important to learn, dont sit on rating and better dont care about any lose.
queue up again and really try to focus. discuss the lose before.
you can capture the matches on twitch and watch it with your team. that will improve your game a lot.

Also Ghostcode did a really good job on his thread some days ago:

Think outside the box, the PvPer's mentality - http://www.arenajunk...pers-mentality/

Thanks for your response, man. You make some good points. I have recorded my games in the past, I guess I should start doing that again :) I'm really against the idea of sitting rating, but one of my partners wants to. We didn't queue for about a week because he was afraid to play haha. I read Ghostcode's post before and just reread it! Good food for thought.

#4 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 765
  • 3v3: 1940
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1592
  • Locationcape coral florida

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:35 AM

what i can say is iv qued into you all season, and ur by far the best enh iv qued into, ur the only non mongoloid one iv seen, you kill all my caps/counter strikes instantly you always get hexes on me and bait my grounding, alot of stuff mongo melee retarded scum fuck pieces of shit that are gladiator rating dont do, you do, so major props,stay positive and gz on title and mount buddy

edit: iv never been r1 but i was almost challenger in league and i can tell you just focus on self improvement and dont take the games serious, tilting is real and can happen very easily

Edited by panooc, 09 December 2016 - 03:45 AM.

my hobbies include lifting impossible weights,gigantisim, unskinking the titanic, being invincible, and reading to baby deer

http://i.imgur.com/Bs9h4vO.png

#5 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2046
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:41 AM

LUL. Ppl not killing counterstrikes and cap totems on US.

#6 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:01 AM

LUL. Ppl not killing counterstrikes and cap totems on US.

literally above glad rating rn and no one is killing it

my hobbies include lifting impossible weights,gigantisim, unskinking the titanic, being invincible, and reading to baby deer

#7 Melior

Melior
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:13 AM

what i can say is iv qued into you all season, and ur by far the best enh iv qued into, ur the only non mongoloid one iv seen, you kill all my caps/counter strikes instantly you always get hexes on me and bait my grounding, alot of stuff mongo melee retarded scum fuck pieces of shit that are gladiator rating dont do, you do, so major props,stay positive and gz on title and mount buddy

edit: iv never been r1 but i was almost challenger in league and i can tell you just focus on self improvement and dont take the games serious, tilting is real and can happen very easily

Thanks man that's very kind of you to say. I appreciate the advice as well :)

#8 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:37 AM

Thanks man that's very kind of you to say. I appreciate the advice as well :)

xoxo

#9 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:18 AM

If its your first glad I'd be content to take it and then focus on next season to improve and push for the rank 1, less pressure then too.

Congratz either way though.

Edited by Relentless, 09 December 2016 - 08:19 AM.

#10 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:17 AM

Any tips for staying positive when queuing and trying to improve?

Play for yourself first. Do not force yourself to play if you don't want to.
Do not care about other players opinion of you. They are nothing more than pixels that you have very few chances to meet in real life. (And trust me. Most of them are a waste of time.)
If you play with regular people, which i encourage, speak about the win, the loses but more important, speak about other things, real life, movies, other games between queues. And play regularly but not too much too. So you synergise quicker with them while being happy to talk about others things freely. (Avoid politics and religion.). @Thunderz : "MeRRRRRci beaucoup"
Never rage on your partners. If you want to rage, you can do it of course, but it only makes thing worse. (I did it once and end up putting my first guy on blacklist in 12 years)
Playing other games helps to be more enthusiastic when you start a session.

And never ever succomb to the "gladiator syndrome" which transform friendly people into despicable individual like most popular streamers.
Posted Image

#11 Freshqtz

Freshqtz

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:46 PM

Play for yourself first. Do not force yourself to play if you don't want to.
Do not care about other players opinion of you. They are nothing more than pixels that you have very few chances to meet in real life. (And trust me. Most of them are a waste of time.)
If you play with regular people, which i encourage, speak about the win, the loses but more important, speak about other things, real life, movies, other games between queues. And play regularly but not too much too. So you synergise quicker with them while being happy to talk about others things freely. (Avoid politics and religion.). @Thunderz : "MeRRRRRci beaucoup"
Never rage on your partners. If you want to rage, you can do it of course, but it only makes thing worse. (I did it once and end up putting my first guy on blacklist in 12 years)
Playing other games helps to be more enthusiastic when you start a session.

And never ever succomb to the "gladiator syndrome" which transform friendly people into despicable individual like most popular streamers.

Dr. JimJim, PsyD, rank 1 holy paladin during the evenings, clinical life coach during the day.

#12 Warmonger_Skulm

Warmonger_Skulm
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1478
  • 3v3: 2600
  • RBG: 768

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:42 AM

I think I understand the pressure of "first gladiator" achievement thing.

It is pretty stressful for you to play because psychologically you are thinking you have "too much to lose". You are well above the US cutoff, so I strongly recommend camping your rating on main.

What I would suggest is to have an alt. If you love playing enc shaman, why don't you get an alt ench shaman and q with that character instead ? You will have less stress and you can pretty much keep playing without the pressure of losing your gladiator spot.

I know I am promoting camping at the moment, but in your case, it is better to do so. You said your psychology is affected by various reasons. So, you can take a step back, park your main, and focus your enthusiasm to your alt char. That way, it will be easier for you to play because you won't worry about losing your glad chance + you can focus and observe better while playing the game.

After you get your glad, it will become much easier for you to push + play the game at higher competitive levels. You will be able to try different things vs anti comps, hard setups etc. By having an alt, you are keeping active while improving + getting your achievement. Remember, it is all in your mind !

I hope this helps. Congrats in advance !

#13 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:16 AM

i see absolutely nothing wrong with camping rating the last two weeks of a season.

when ur class is broken for 3 weeks and you only que for those 3 weeks, thats when theres a problem

#14 moneky

moneky

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:00 AM

Getting mad usually has something to do with you thinking you're much better than what you deserve, and you're losing when you feel you should be winning. But obviously since you're posting this it's probably not entirely true.

But a good example is someone in bronze at league thinking they deserve high diamond or challenger, cussing and getting mad when they lose when they are absolutely terrible.

Stress also increase ofcourse because you're getting glad and it's abit hard to lose when you just fall further away from what you want. You feel you're doing the best you can, so staying positive is hard especially if your partners also are stressing about it.

Eiherway wish you best of luck and hope you and your partners will be able to have fun while you all improve further I'm sure you're a great player so hope it's not taken in a bad way. <3 and gl xoxoxo

Edited by moneky, 12 December 2016 - 08:02 AM.

C51bowq.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<