Basic RLS overall

rls rogue lock warlock shaman 3v3 arena strategy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

An few oldschool friends of mine are getting back into the game and want to arena. I'm going to play with them, but I don't believe in Shadowcleave right now, or probably ever again.
So I'm dusting off the wrath of the Lich King rogue, and that was probably the last time I played it.

I'm looking for basic strategies:

Spec; I originally ditched my rogue when I learned in cata that mutilate wasn't going to be a thing. I enjoyed playing it in TBC and Wotlk. I'd prefer to keep it that way - yes I know sub is the way to go for most comps. How does mutilate work out who RLS? Can both specs be played? Are there different strategies when playing sub as opposed to mut?

Matchups; uphill battles and counters - specific ways to handle them

General targeting; killing healers? Start to finish? Swapping targets?

Niche talents for niche situations

Mirror matches

Peeling; as a DK, traditionally, the only way to peel was to do more damage and scare them off of your partner. Obviously rogues have a vast toolkit with almost always an answer to any given situation. When is it a good idea to peel? When is it a good idea to just deal more damage?

I've always done my best to give to this community when I was a knowledgable player, hoping I can learn from some great players

#2 Pooch

Pooch
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction 1/1/0/0/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1521
  • 3v3: 1617
  • RBG: 1598

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:40 PM

rls is shit, i wish we could bring back good old rls times with double legendary and hc culling but nah

DNAW.EU

#3 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:56 PM

Is there any variation of RLX that works? And how do you feel about the up coming changes in the patch - will it affect RLX?

This is what I have to work with, DK, WW, rogue, warrior. With a lock naturally

Edited by Ownu, 05 December 2016 - 08:04 PM.

#4 Pooch

Pooch
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction 1/1/0/0/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1521
  • 3v3: 1617
  • RBG: 1598

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:08 PM

i guess RLD is ok, but far from decent, could also play RLP with destro specc, if you play dk i think shadowcleave is decent also. lock/ww is probably the best of them all tho. 

gl

DNAW.EU

#5 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:39 PM

Thanks pooch, much appreciation

#6 Conditions

Conditions
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:34 AM

rls is shit, i wish we could bring back good old rls times with double legendary and hc culling but nah

Fangs and vial rls says hello.

RLS is fucking awful anyway because shit TSGs that mind freeze nothing will just train your Shaman and win within minutes. RLD would probably be better, or you can just skip that concept completely and play RM-Hpala/RMP. 

xY5YWFw.png

#7 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:59 PM

Fangs and vial rls says hello.

RLS is fucking awful anyway because shit TSGs that mind freeze nothing will just train your Shaman and win within minutes. RLD would probably be better, or you can just skip that concept completely and play RM-Hpala/RMP.

Well, the specific person plays warlock, so ill make something work with warlock. Rot comp might be alright next patch with how some classes are getting changed

#8 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:02 AM

We recently passed 2400 as Muti - Hpal - Destro lock

Felt quite strong

With muti getting blind next patch i feel like it's going to be the superior spec. Outlaw is strong due to rolling dices right now but with that being taken off (the defensive CDs part), its just too RNG to my taste.

Edited by Lieto, 03 January 2017 - 11:04 AM.

Shadowmelding since 2007.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rls, rogue, lock, warlock, shaman, 3v3, arena, strategy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<