• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Havoc 0/1/2/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1699

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:57 PM

Hello fellow DH enthusiasts! I would just like to start a discussion topic for DH 7.1.5!

There isn't much happening on the DH forums! Therefore I wanted to start a topic about comps and changes for the new upcoming patch!

I'm fairly new to DH, although I have been gladiator as a warrior before. 

So DH's are getting some of their spells changed (from what I've heard) What are these changes? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

I just heard mana break will be changed. What is going to happen with MB?

I simply can't find it on any forum

Also, what comp do you guys think is the best for DH 3s? Personally I'd say DH, lock x or DH, DK x? What experience do you guys have with different comps?

Price

#2 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 765
  • 3v3: 1940
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1592
  • Locationcape coral florida

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:22 PM

wotlk mana burn from what i heard onda skreetz

my hobbies include lifting impossible weights,gigantisim, unskinking the titanic, being invincible, and reading to baby deer

http://i.imgur.com/Bs9h4vO.png

#3 priceqtxz

priceqtxz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Havoc 0/1/2/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1699

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:04 PM

And how would that work? We basically 'burn' our enemies mana and remove a % of their total mana? So it's not a damaging ability anymore? :P

#4 xResentfulx

xResentfulx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ghostlands
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Havoc 1/1/2/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1527
  • 3v3: 1868
  • RBG: 1781
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:03 PM

1. Nerfs: demon blades getting 10% reduced chance to proc, not a big deal as everything on that tier is viable for us and demon blades is still a pretty good choice, huge dmg. Also, far more important is that we are losing demon speed causing blur to give us 2 charges of Fel rush. the amount of times that has let me land the kill or keep up pressure or survive or anything is huge, and its replacement is pretty sucky, making blur give us 30% increased movespeed for its duration. These are the only nerfs that affect us, everything else is relegated to pve unless they change our pvp template to lose 5% crit as well (fucking hope not, though if they did we would benefit from our baseline mastery buff which is sweet, might get that anyway as they only changed the scaling of it, but im not sure). 

2. Big buffs: Felblade on the first talent tier. This is great cause now we can spec felblade and not lose out on bloodlet or the newly massively buffed first blood. I'll have to see which i prefer still but first blood is gonna do huge burst now and it already does pretty nice burst so that might be the go-to talent. Felblade will give us the extra dash to possibly make up for losing demon speed, and give us more reliable fury generation than fel mastery which I suppose you can miss occasionally. Also it resets so it can be up all the time so you can save your fel rushes for momentum. 

We get 30% leech on meta baseline. I'm not sure how much this will be in pvp but considering its only 40% with soul rending, they will either nerf the baseline heal or we will never need to take soul rending again because, more importantly, Netherwalk and Desperate instincts no longer replace blur, so we can safely pick Netherwalk (basically a 2 min cd pally bubble) in addition to keeping blur and darkness, plus meta leech baseline. We'll be pretty immortal with all these defensive buffs tbh.

Fel barrage recieved a small buff if you were using that for cleaving melees. Demonic recieved a buff so now we get 8 seconds in meta after eye beam. Not really something i see myself using unless I knew i would be trained all game from 100-0 and needed the meta leech more often, but nice anyway. Demonic apetite (chaos strike has 25% chance to give soul fragment) now gives 35 fury per fragment, which also buffs our chaos nova artifact trait and the trait that gives -5 sec cd on eye beam and chaos nova. Chaos cleave got swapped with felblade and got buffed to now do 25% additional chaos strike damage to all nearby enemies, but it currently also affects the target you are actually using chaos strike on (chaos strike just got a buff in the last ptr notes as well, small but still nice), so using that talent will give you a flat 25% increase to chaos strike damage.

These were all the regular talent and base kit buffs that I can remember off the top of my head, onto the pvp talent buffs.

3. PvP talents: Big ones I can remember are that the tier where we basically take awaken the demon within is having the other 2 useless talents replaced with 2 very interesting ones. First is demonic origins, which reduces the cooldown and duration of meta by 50% (2 min cd from 4 mins and 15 sec duration from 30 sec) and increases your damage by 10% when meta is on cooldown. Very very nice talent, gives you even more damage if you play solitude outside of meta and a 2 min cd on meta is both an offensive on a defensive buff, even if it lasts shorter. it will sync up with chaos blades every 2 mins giving you massive massive damage if you can set up a cc chain you could 100-0 someone for sure. IMO this and the next talent are far better than awaken the demon within, which is currently the best choice. 

Other interesting one is mana rift, 10 sec cd, 20 fury cost, 25 yrd range, drops a little circle under the target that explodes after 1.5 seconds, taking off 8% of their maximum health and maximum mana if they have any. Really good if you know its gonna be a long game and you wanna train the healer, you'll get them oom a lot faster which links perfectly into the next buff: 

Mana break: on live it will do next to no damage against a target who is full mana or doesnt use it. I think its literally 10 damage. Next patch it has a base cooldown of 1 min down from 1 min 30 (still scales with haste so even shorter) and it will do 20% of their maximum health in chaos damage as a baseline. This makes it far easier to reach the 70% max health cap, if they are oom you will do 70% of their max hp with a single ability. Even if they are not oom, with solitude, chaos blades and if you have the 10% from demonic origins you will reach that 70% cap anyway. Combined with 1 first blood blade dance and we will be bursting seriously hard, and far more often than we do now. 

Finally, we now get imprison as a baseline cc that works on players, dont need detainment for it anymore. Baseline it now works like sap instead of cyclone, for 3 seconds. You will get the cyclone and 1 sec increased duration by taking detainment. Though, detainment kind of got nerfed cause now it increases the cd of imprison by 30 sec as well as the improvements to it, so unless you need to cc someone who is right next to your kill target, mana break will be the standard rather than detainment. 

edit: forgot to say that the anti-spell tier got buffed as well, unending hatred now gives 10 fury per magical effect (lots of fury against spell teams) and eye of leotheras got buffed to 6% of the enemies max hp, which is 50% increased damage and quite respectable vs the spammy casters like lock and mage. Though its still dispellable and reverse magic is just too good to remove poly and UA/other dots. 

A little worried to be honest, we're getting seriously huge huge huge buffs compared to our current playstyle, and way more damage that I'm pretty sure is going to be pure buffs as the pve nerfs are all to do with legendaries (dont work in pvp) and the flat crit nerf which I doubt affects our template. Maybe the demon speed nerf is going to be really painful, but i honestly doubt it now that we will be taking felblade, so really its just huge buffs. Imprison baseline, 30% leech baseline, can take netherwalk, first blood burst, 2 min cd meta, mana break doing big damage even to people with no mana. If they dont change anything, climb hard in the first couple weeks of the season cause we'll be borderline broken and likely nerfed. 

#5 Asol

Asol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 948

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:07 AM

1. Nerfs: demon blades getting 10% reduced chance to proc, not a big deal as everything on that tier is viable for us and demon blades is still a pretty good choice, huge dmg. Also, far more important is that we are losing demon speed causing blur to give us 2 charges of Fel rush. the amount of times that has let me land the kill or keep up pressure or survive or anything is huge, and its replacement is pretty sucky, making blur give us 30% increased movespeed for its duration. These are the only nerfs that affect us, everything else is relegated to pve unless they change our pvp template to lose 5% crit as well (fucking hope not, though if they did we would benefit from our baseline mastery buff which is sweet, might get that anyway as they only changed the scaling of it, but im not sure). 

2. Big buffs: Felblade on the first talent tier. This is great cause now we can spec felblade and not lose out on bloodlet or the newly massively buffed first blood. I'll have to see which i prefer still but first blood is gonna do huge burst now and it already does pretty nice burst so that might be the go-to talent. Felblade will give us the extra dash to possibly make up for losing demon speed, and give us more reliable fury generation than fel mastery which I suppose you can miss occasionally. Also it resets so it can be up all the time so you can save your fel rushes for momentum. 

We get 30% leech on meta baseline. I'm not sure how much this will be in pvp but considering its only 40% with soul rending, they will either nerf the baseline heal or we will never need to take soul rending again because, more importantly, Netherwalk and Desperate instincts no longer replace blur, so we can safely pick Netherwalk (basically a 2 min cd pally bubble) in addition to keeping blur and darkness, plus meta leech baseline. We'll be pretty immortal with all these defensive buffs tbh.

Fel barrage recieved a small buff if you were using that for cleaving melees. Demonic recieved a buff so now we get 8 seconds in meta after eye beam. Not really something i see myself using unless I knew i would be trained all game from 100-0 and needed the meta leech more often, but nice anyway. Demonic apetite (chaos strike has 25% chance to give soul fragment) now gives 35 fury per fragment, which also buffs our chaos nova artifact trait and the trait that gives -5 sec cd on eye beam and chaos nova. Chaos cleave got swapped with felblade and got buffed to now do 25% additional chaos strike damage to all nearby enemies, but it currently also affects the target you are actually using chaos strike on (chaos strike just got a buff in the last ptr notes as well, small but still nice), so using that talent will give you a flat 25% increase to chaos strike damage.

These were all the regular talent and base kit buffs that I can remember off the top of my head, onto the pvp talent buffs.

3. PvP talents: Big ones I can remember are that the tier where we basically take awaken the demon within is having the other 2 useless talents replaced with 2 very interesting ones. First is demonic origins, which reduces the cooldown and duration of meta by 50% (2 min cd from 4 mins and 15 sec duration from 30 sec) and increases your damage by 10% when meta is on cooldown. Very very nice talent, gives you even more damage if you play solitude outside of meta and a 2 min cd on meta is both an offensive on a defensive buff, even if it lasts shorter. it will sync up with chaos blades every 2 mins giving you massive massive damage if you can set up a cc chain you could 100-0 someone for sure. IMO this and the next talent are far better than awaken the demon within, which is currently the best choice. 

Other interesting one is mana rift, 10 sec cd, 20 fury cost, 25 yrd range, drops a little circle under the target that explodes after 1.5 seconds, taking off 8% of their maximum health and maximum mana if they have any. Really good if you know its gonna be a long game and you wanna train the healer, you'll get them oom a lot faster which links perfectly into the next buff: 

Mana break: on live it will do next to no damage against a target who is full mana or doesnt use it. I think its literally 10 damage. Next patch it has a base cooldown of 1 min down from 1 min 30 (still scales with haste so even shorter) and it will do 20% of their maximum health in chaos damage as a baseline. This makes it far easier to reach the 70% max health cap, if they are oom you will do 70% of their max hp with a single ability. Even if they are not oom, with solitude, chaos blades and if you have the 10% from demonic origins you will reach that 70% cap anyway. Combined with 1 first blood blade dance and we will be bursting seriously hard, and far more often than we do now. 

Finally, we now get imprison as a baseline cc that works on players, dont need detainment for it anymore. Baseline it now works like sap instead of cyclone, for 3 seconds. You will get the cyclone and 1 sec increased duration by taking detainment. Though, detainment kind of got nerfed cause now it increases the cd of imprison by 30 sec as well as the improvements to it, so unless you need to cc someone who is right next to your kill target, mana break will be the standard rather than detainment. 

edit: forgot to say that the anti-spell tier got buffed as well, unending hatred now gives 10 fury per magical effect (lots of fury against spell teams) and eye of leotheras got buffed to 6% of the enemies max hp, which is 50% increased damage and quite respectable vs the spammy casters like lock and mage. Though its still dispellable and reverse magic is just too good to remove poly and UA/other dots. 

A little worried to be honest, we're getting seriously huge huge huge buffs compared to our current playstyle, and way more damage that I'm pretty sure is going to be pure buffs as the pve nerfs are all to do with legendaries (dont work in pvp) and the flat crit nerf which I doubt affects our template. Maybe the demon speed nerf is going to be really painful, but i honestly doubt it now that we will be taking felblade, so really its just huge buffs. Imprison baseline, 30% leech baseline, can take netherwalk, first blood burst, 2 min cd meta, mana break doing big damage even to people with no mana. If they dont change anything, climb hard in the first couple weeks of the season cause we'll be borderline broken and likely nerfed. 

Usually don't comment on aj (or ever read it) but this is basically a perfect summary of DH next patch, really good post!

I can almost certainly guarantee that it will be exactly like the first week of the season with DHs being completely broken and then getting nerfed hard. For those of us that had the misfortune of not playing that week.. play the first week of next season after patch and just enjoy destroying people.

The current dmg on ptr is _ridiculous_ can't put enough emphasis on it, the damage is out of this world, enjoy it while it lasts!

LOL the hilarious part is, whether i read his full post or not, it wouldnt have made a difference,

-inmotionx thoughts about reading topics before posting his opinion.

#6 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:57 PM

when you get happy and see they put anti mage in world of warcraft, and then you read the ability  :(  :(  :(

#7 xResentfulx

xResentfulx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ghostlands
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Havoc 1/1/2/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1527
  • 3v3: 1868
  • RBG: 1781
  • LocationEurope

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:11 AM

Usually don't comment on aj (or ever read it) but this is basically a perfect summary of DH next patch, really good post!

I can almost certainly guarantee that it will be exactly like the first week of the season with DHs being completely broken and then getting nerfed hard. For those of us that had the misfortune of not playing that week.. play the first week of next season after patch and just enjoy destroying people.

The current dmg on ptr is _ridiculous_ can't put enough emphasis on it, the damage is out of this world, enjoy it while it lasts!

Thanks, I've also been lurking on aj for years but decided to post something relevant to a class that I finally feel passionate about, since not many other ppl seem to be doing it. I've not played ptr but been following notes, are we killing people in chaos nova like I expect?

#8 Asuni

Asuni
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Thrall
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1895

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:23 PM

What comps have you guys been having any success with? I feel like DHs can run with anything really. But wanted to see hows everyone progressing etc. 

#9 Nightspyre

Nightspyre

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:41 PM

What comps have you guys been having any success with? I feel like DHs can run with anything really. But wanted to see hows everyone progressing etc. 

Currently it's 1 DH in top 100 3s, 2 in top 133 3s, I hardly think DH "can run with anything" if you mean competetively. It's quite a bad spec, just like in s1. Looking at the poor representation I would imagine it's people being carried by friends who got as high as they did. 

Onto your question though, Ele/DH/rdruid seem to be a viable comp. I'm sort of tempted to test DH/demo/rsham myself, but haven't had the chance.

#10 Mchammr

Mchammr
  • Members
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1800
  • RBG: 1735

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:25 PM

I have a question, i tanked 240 CR this week fighting only RMD, and R/DH/Fury warrior... what is this shit where Eye of Lorethas is doing a shit load of damage to me as a healer... maybe i just do not understand, but the tooltip says it deals damage when the target is casting harmful spells

I'm a MW, in this said match, i did 0 Damage, I didn't Paralyze, but i took 1 Million Damage from Eye in less than 25 seconds, while getting trained by a fury warrior and DH, i had 0 chance of survival after my rolls, port, bubble, and RoP were down Obviously because of the sustained 400k dps on just me.... 

Anyone with input on eye, it would be awesome... I'm pretty sure it's broken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<