Lemuria
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/2/1/0/.

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:13 PM

Hello all,

I'm a 1700xp dk who is tired of being this bad and want to improve at the game, my first goal being at least a 2300 or so xp player. I read lots of guides, watch streams, talk to people and practice whenever I can, but thing is: I can't find partners to stick with.

There's absolutely no one in my guild that plays pvp and no IRL friend that plays, and people on LFG you just play with them for 1 hour and never get to see them again. Tbh people on lfg are not even willing to stick with you because of your xp, so I don't know what else I can do.

Any advice?

#2 Ozar

Ozar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/1/./1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2055
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:55 PM

You really only have one option to be honest which is to play with as many people as you can from LFG or Trade chat. Over time you will accumulate friends that are people you play with from time to time if they are available to play when you are. The reality of it all is that even at really high cr pushing for Gladiator you will be in LFG playing with random people searching for a fully functioning team. Unless you get really lucky and find a fully functioning team which is rare, more commonly you will find one really good partner and be searching for the a good third. The best thing you can do is to look at your own mistakes and try your best to improve each game, which I recommend recording your games and going back over.

#3 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 765
  • 3v3: 1940
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1592
  • Locationcape coral florida

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:09 PM

i feel you on the lfg thing, but you're a dk, once u learn alil bit u can carry a 1700 team easily.

my hobbies include lifting impossible weights,gigantisim, unskinking the titanic, being invincible, and reading to baby deer

http://i.imgur.com/Bs9h4vO.png

#4 Lemuria

Lemuria
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:40 PM

Ya, thanks for the reply, guys. Maybe I'll keep searching  on lfg and practice even more. Btw, should I be aiming straight for 3s or do I need to practice more on 2s to get more knowledge of my class and practice focus kick, etc?

#5 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:22 PM

2s is good for practice but its totally different then 3s

my hobbies include lifting impossible weights,gigantisim, unskinking the titanic, being invincible, and reading to baby deer

#6 Lemuria

Lemuria
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:48 PM

2s is good for practice but its totally different then 3s

I see, thx for the input bro. Any good program to record your games?

#7 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:21 PM

I see, thx for the input bro. Any good program to record your games?

dunno, i used to just stream it then watch it.

#8 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 1142

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:12 AM

This expansion is mainly about doing the most damage u can. Be sure to have your rotation up, hit whatever you can and try to have good overview.

#9 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:15 PM

Id definitely say make as many friends as you can out there. Play with everyone. Don't be concerned with rating. As you become a better player, your rating will rise since you will find better partners to play with. This is how I got pretty good back in the day, but my mistake is that at some point I subconsciously decided that I get to pick and chose who to play with, because lots of people wanted to play with me. After deciding on a small select group, I basically stopped playing with everyone, and focused hard with that little group. I did great with them, and we did great season after season. However as the game evolved and grew older, many of those classes that my little group played became incompatible with death knight. Additionally sometimes people quit/go casual/whatever. In the end I was left with no one to play with, and ended up quitting. Upon returning I had even less options for partners, often resorting to LFG playing with people who are far below my potential because now that is all I can get. Well partially because I refuse to play frost and who the fuck wants to play with an unholy, Amirite?

Moral of the story:
Play with everyone, all season. If you start to do great, make an alt of the same class and play with everyone on that character. Don't shut people out because you think you're good or something, don't get overly comfortable with the people you did good with. Be comfortable with a class as a partner, not a player

#10 Violatrix

Violatrix
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 0/2/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 1790
  • LocationLos Angeles, California, USA

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:39 AM

I see a lot of solid advice here.  I played fairly seriously in Cata, and then took a few long breaks, and when I finally got back into playing again, I found that literally all of my former WoW pals had moved on, so in a way, I was in the same boat as you are in now.

First and foremost, keep playing.  You'll meet people, even if you are losing to them.  Even message people you play against, not to be a jackass rager, but to congratulate them sincerely on their gameplay.  As Shendelz noted above (side note, I learned to DK last xpac from his guide and got to well over 2k in 3s yolo-style, so I highly recommend listening/reading anything he has to say), don't worry about rating.  Just get in there and play.

Play RBGs.  I know, RBGs are not arenas, but you will meet people that way.  I met my most regular partner in an RBG, started to run fives with him, and eventually ran regular threes with him.

Finally, and this may be the hardest, record your own games and watch them with a critical eye.  What are you doing that is setting you back.  Could you stop more CC on your healer if you paid more attention?  Do you get faked all the time?  Are you using defensives unwisely?  How fast is your reaction time?  For example, after eating a CC that you must trinket/IBF, how long does it take you to do it?  This last question could be one of reaction time or of efficient keybinding.

Good luck. :)

Lightweight Chastise CD tracker:  http://www.curse.com...ixchastisetimer

Feral tears  :wub:

#11 akatyrone

akatyrone
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2505
  • 3v3: 2760
  • 5v5: 1248
  • RBG: 2043

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:58 AM

become basement, there is no other way.

#12 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:11 PM

I see a lot of solid advice here.  I played fairly seriously in Cata, and then took a few long breaks, and when I finally got back into playing again, I found that literally all of my former WoW pals had moved on, so in a way, I was in the same boat as you are in now.

First and foremost, keep playing.  You'll meet people, even if you are losing to them.  Even message people you play against, not to be a jackass rager, but to congratulate them sincerely on their gameplay.  As Shendelz noted above (side note, I learned to DK last xpac from his guide and got to well over 2k in 3s yolo-style, so I highly recommend listening/reading anything he has to say), don't worry about rating.  Just get in there and play.

Play RBGs.  I know, RBGs are not arenas, but you will meet people that way.  I met my most regular partner in an RBG, started to run fives with him, and eventually ran regular threes with him.

Finally, and this may be the hardest, record your own games and watch them with a critical eye.  What are you doing that is setting you back.  Could you stop more CC on your healer if you paid more attention?  Do you get faked all the time?  Are you using defensives unwisely?  How fast is your reaction time?  For example, after eating a CC that you must trinket/IBF, how long does it take you to do it?  This last question could be one of reaction time or of efficient keybinding.

Good luck. :)

Hey man I appreciate that!

I poured my life into that guide and the research behind it, and never heard too much direct feedback after applying it to use (most of it was wow this looks well done), so it's nice to see someone who benefited from it

I had a few requests to update it for 7.0 which surprised me but someone else has it covered. Maybe if unholy gets good again :P

Sorry for derail!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<