Photo

Can anyone confirm what disentanglement removes?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:00 PM

i was under the impression that a "snare" referred to *physical* movespeed slows, but in retrospect i think i just confused it with daze. so -- i know it doesn't remove roots, but will the disentanglement honor talent remove magical slows like chains of ice? are all movespeed slows also snares?

also, is disentanglement worth taking against snares that are continually reapplied? there is no diminishing return, AFAIK -- so in your experience, does periodically dispelling them even help in that case? lastly, along the same lines, when do you take disentanglement (if at all)? any classes/comps it works especially well playing with or against?

#2 Bloodykisses

Bloodykisses
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Hellfire
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1704
  • 3v3: 2708
  • RBG: 1901

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:53 PM

I use it when the other two options (Thorns and Druid of the Claw) have no use.

Vs mage/spriest/paly for example rarely will you be targeted so the 10% reduced chance to be critically hit using Druid of the claw *can* help but I feel that Disentanglement has more use. If you are keen on keeping your Efflorescence on your targets then sure it can be helpful to remove a slow every 2 seconds. 
It isn't a talent I can get much use out of, I still often take Thorns vs warlock teams just so the warlock pet takes a bit of damage. If this was buffed to remove roots then it would be amazing vs spellcasters. If you were to dispel a Polymorph and your partner then gets rooted by Frost Nova just place the mushroom as an alternative dispel.

I don't play melee dps classes so maybe someone else can suggest how much it helps to have a slow temporarily removed vs continually reapplied slows. Even still the dps would be limited to staying in that circle (10 yards range) for the effect to work and if you need to replace the mushroom it does consume a noticeable amount of Mana. I also do not know an entire list of what snares this spell effect can remove.

#3 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:42 PM

so the main question ive had since they changed the talent is whether it does work against stuff like frost mage chills/slows. for whatever reason i thought "snares" were distinct from "slows," with snares being exclusively physical, but i see now that "slows" aren't a thing. just to confirm: disentanglement does in fact work on mage slowing effects?

#4 Bloodykisses

Bloodykisses
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Hellfire
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1704
  • 3v3: 2708
  • RBG: 1901

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:02 PM

I dueled a mage to test this and every slow effect he applied was removed as soon as the efflorescence healed me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<