Photo

US election thread

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Buglamp

Buglamp

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:24 PM

Figured we should just have one instead of putting stuff in funny picture thread.

I voted for Hillary so I'm pretty salty but my family actually has stocks that went up so silver linings right there. And Portland OR is basically hipster Canada anyways. There aren't many emboldened Trumpsters here being asses. Consoling myself with the little things and being as detached as possible.

My admittedly uneducated opinions (but I do try) -

The TPP and NAFTA may actually be safe though, considering Trump's list of potential staff it looks mostly like republican establishment that doesn't really want to hurt business as usual. It seems unlikely now he'll totally nuke any free trade stuff. So whatevs.

There won't be a wall, obviously. At least not anything remotely close to the scope promised. Some immigration policies will be a symbolic wall instead, so he can say he did it.

Russia and China might get cocky about some things, because they're dealing with a 0 political/diplomatic/military experience Commander in Chief.

I actually like his proposed lobbying stuff, but I'm assuming it was also for show and won't go anywhere.

His EPA guy is concerning, as are the deregulation plans, but oh well.

Newt Gingrich is gonna be in the white house. Fuck. Yeah. He is my favorite freaky as hell politician. Way better than Trump. I have no idea what he'll do but he's politically competent enough and has that weird science streak.

#2 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/.

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:15 AM

´The only positive thing about Trump for me as a Yuropoor was that he wouldn't go through with TTIP. We'll see.

#3 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dawnbringer
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:23 PM

Buglamp is a great timesaver. Instead of having to trudge through the NYT, WaPost, WSJ, etc., and read the propaganda, I can read it all in one convenient summary.

>Hillary is ahead by 15%
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

Look at me. I can start and stop wars, at will. I can save or destroy the world. I can do anything I fucking want. Just now, I pissed near my toilet bowl because I fucking can.

#4 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dawnbringer
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:25 PM

You might not have to worry about emboldened Trumpsters in Portland OR, but you sure have to worry about emboldened Clintonites wrecking downtown. If you left your house every once in a while, you'd be able to recognize the real threats in your neighborhood.

https://twitter.com/...946492032450560

Tell your parents to stay safe for the next few days. They'll appreciate the tip.
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

Look at me. I can start and stop wars, at will. I can save or destroy the world. I can do anything I fucking want. Just now, I pissed near my toilet bowl because I fucking can.

#5 Buglamp

Buglamp

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:26 PM

I don't live downtown I live in the suburbs where nobody cares.

>media spends billions of dollars slandering Trump and misrepresenting him and his supporters
>DNC infiltrated all sources of information, including Facebook, Twitter, and Google
>Clinton calls everybody racist and throws out activists who criticize her super predator bill
>media ignores Trump's reconciliation rhetoric that he's been pushing at rallies for months

I agree that a lot of racists have come out of the closet, but hopefully the denigration of white voters will subside in due time. Meanwhile, real racists like David Duke got blown the fuck out in elections. He couldn't even pull more than 60,000 votes in Louisiana for crying out loud. People crying about Southern style racism are con artists and are ignoring the active suppression and vilification of dissent in this country. That's the real threat to democracy, and you should be embarrassed for attacking the victims rather than the abusers.

• Media is fucking disgraceful and I can agree with that. It's the best thing about the election and watching the reaction even on Fox News was fucking priceless. Hillary's campaign also should have recognized trends that they just... didn't. 
  • DNC we have more info on, because RNC info hasn't been released to the same degree. I'm betting both sides have their shady practices.
  • Identity politics has gotten stupid, but Trump supporters are just as bad about it generally, and Trump himself is guilty of the slandering the hell out of people as well.
  • Denigration of white voters seems to be overblown in the minds of many people. I get 0 shit for being white. It seems more like a social media thing.
  • What suppression and vilification of dissent are you talking about here? Just political correctness as a cultural issue?

I don't think Trump or Trump's victory solved anything aside from maybe bringing a problem we weren't recognizing to light, but I'm not sure that problem wouldn't have just fizzled out over time rather than now being highlighted and exacerbated.

Much of the white bitterness is misguided "they took er jerbs!" sentiment. Blaming immigration and globalism for their problems while rejecting progressive/liberal solutions(single payer, welfare, training programs, infrastructure, etc.). It's an emotional problem with old school values(insecurity about independence/self-reliance) becoming less relevant and feasible as culture/tech advances. Combined with anti-government sentiment(thank Republicans for playing that up relentlessly). They'd much rather blame their issues on things other than just their own lack of value to employers. And I don't see that issue getting solved by Trump, other than maybe infrastructure - but Hillary may've also worked on infrastructure.

I personally think rural places are generally just screwing themselves with this election choice. I understand why Trump appealed to them and I get that some rural places have gotten totally fucked by factories abandoning them though.

#6 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:17 PM

I'm happy Trump won. 

#7 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:20 AM

I'm happy Trump won. 

Thanks for your meaningful contribution, Maleficent. Glad I asked!

#8 CreepStatus

CreepStatus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • LocationGAINZville, the Gym

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:32 PM

i actually voted for harambe

#9 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:44 PM

I'm happy Trump won.

i keep saying this on one of my irc channels and someone responded with this earlier:

(@nasirwork) why does it seem like the only one happy lately these days is the russian
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#10 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:34 PM

btw if you wanna see what happens when you let a woman be president, check south korea atm

not even the master race could do it

#11 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 13 November 2016 - 04:15 PM

well, it was also a powerful woman who was manipulating the female president so your point is moot my friend

while we're on the subject matter tho, this is what cute korean girls think about park guen-hye~

RtHc6Ha.jpg

#12 drugdealerx

drugdealerx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arcane 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1911
  • 3v3: 2243
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 November 2016 - 04:55 PM

i guess this is what you get when instead of having an open discussion you label anyone that disagrees with you a racist misogynistic homophobe

can't say that i'm unhappy about hillary losing though

#13 drugdealerx

drugdealerx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:03 PM

crying and whining is not a behavior generally expected of world leaders: http://www.nytimes.c...comey.html?_r=1

#14 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:34 PM

well, it was also a powerful woman who was manipulating the female president so your point is moot my friend

while we're on the subject matter tho, this is what cute korean girls think about park guen-hye~

RtHc6Ha.jpg

not too far off from having a 'best friend' with extremist islam relatives though

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#15 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:36 PM

also i am just shitposting

#16 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for your meaningful contribution, Maleficent. Glad I asked!

Sorry I didn't want to write a dissertation on my opinion? :) 

#17 drugdealerx

drugdealerx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:07 AM

#18 Twaenkz

Twaenkz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2103
  • 3v3: 1860
  • RBG: 1465
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:20 AM

Wish I could be a part of this disscussion but I know little to nothing,just know that both candidates were shit

Edited by Twaenkz, 14 November 2016 - 03:21 AM.

#19 tehdusknoir

tehdusknoir
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 96

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:23 AM

I don't like Trump but I just want to see the world burn so have fun America

#20 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG